Stage Select

The sickest Genesis stick

misterBee

I'll start posting updates for my newest baby here.

pdDLfHn.jpg

hd73qYM.jpg

The US version of this stick was a piece of crap. The giant balltop is just a big dpad, and the buttons are rubber membrane. Gutted it, removed most of the plastic from the inside, and installed a custom stick using hori parts and cherry switches.

Now working on making some custom 24mm buttons...

On 2/6/2018 at 4:50 PM, saikyostealthfart said:

Nice job! Super simple / kiss / why didn't I think of that

Any chance I could get a copy of the 3d file for the plungers? Did you use blender?

I used Blender to modify a .STL file I got from Thingiverse. PM me your e-mail and I'll send it to you!

• 3 weeks later...

2Q1KTwf.jpg

Lots of minor changes lately. Groove around the joystick was getting dust and other particles stuck in it, so I covered the entire area around the joystick in carbon fiber vinyl.

Also modified the joystick with a JLF octogate, tighter spring, and bat top to better mimic Korean sticks. Weighed down the chassis using ziploc bags filled with coins.

The inside of this thing is so packed that I don't think there's room for any more modifications. It's solid, heavy, and does what I need it to. Easily the best stick I've ever built. <3

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...