Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

Flying headbutt into VT2 ex Borscht Dynamite is 33 damage more and 120 stun more than raw VT2 ex Borscht Dynamite. And way harder to land.
Fully charged st hp CC xx VT ex SPD is 436 damage rather than 457 damage now. So still worth using it for raw damage against blocked wake up ex DPs.

Edited by Bea_Iank

This is easily the stupidest patch I've ever seen in a major fighting game. Capcom have no idea what the absolute hell they're doing anymore and have never had any understanding as to what balance is in a fighting game.

*Looks over the patch notes more closely*

Man, Ed looks too damn good on paper to ignore. Cammy too.

Not that it is any excuse, but Capcom has a long history of fucked up balance cycles. SFV is sort of tame by comparison to some previous game cycles so far as I can tell but it is still absolutely Capcom balancing at work.

After the patch I am still sort of stuck between characters. The funny part is that it doesn't matter who I pick, they all lose to Guile, Cammy, and Menat who sure as fuck aren't going anywhere. :smirk:

Just now, GetTheTables said:

Yeah Menats can be relatively rare online depending on the league level. I've run into only a couple since she came out. Cammy is still sort of common but there is an ocean of Guile at early Gold. Guarding the gates with sawnic bewms.

The Guile player in my little local scene uses Flash Kicks more, but yeah I can't go more than five minutes at a tournament without hearing sawnic bewms.

League is def a factor in who you fight on a constant basis. Menat has no middle ground player pool. Most Menats sub Plat are waifu lords and most Menats above Plat are good waifu lords. If you look on CFN and select last 24 hours while searching for Menat you'll still see plenty of people that are too scared to take their Menat out of casuals/lobbies. 

There was this one Ultra Diamond Menat I ran into allot in S2 named Exis_And and he was fucking good. But if I took games off him he would tea bag me lmao

And yeah Guile is gonna gate keep the fuck outa most players trying to move up in rank. 

4 hours ago, misterBee said:

Give up on SFV and its dumb grapplers.

There is only one (low-tier) grappler you need:

latest?cb=20160526232153

ArcSys makes the best grapplers. Potemkin is like Gief on crack and Kanji is some of the most fun I've ever had playing a fighting game. Unfortunately for the grapplers ArcSys also makes beastly other archetypes of characters so it's a simlar struggle in their games as it is in SFV, just faster and with more mobility.

This Weekend:

bruss2018-thumb.jpg

Notable Players:

Affi
Angry Bird
Aziz
Bonchan
GO1
Irissia
John Takeuchi
Luffy
Mr Crimson
Oil King
Packz
Problem X
Shivryuken
Takamura
Tyrant
Verdoyance
Verloren

Live Stream Schedule:

Saturday

Spoiler

Pacific
(Mar 7) 4AM - 1PM

Eastern                       
7AM - 4PM

Local (Belgium)
1PM - 10PM

Japan
8PM (Sat) - 5AM (Sun)

Sunday

Pacific
(Mar 8) 7AM - 10AM

Eastern
10AM - 1PM

Local (Belgium)
4PM - 7PM

Japan
11PM (Sun) - 2AM (Mon)

Edited by Neclord

About the Juri outfit:

Tbh small boobs are fine, medium boobs are fine, big boobs are fine.

I mean people already know which type I prefer but honestly even though I like them big I like having lots of different body types and SF is doing a good job in that regard imo. Menat for example looks super cute and has the perfect size for her body. Bigger breasts would look silly on her. For Laura/Mika/Chun it's fine, because they are muscular amazons and quite tall (+thicc) compared to other females.  

With Juri, she has medium sized breasts in SFV and I think most people just think it looks weird if you take that away from her in 1 outfit.

If you want to create a character with the lilith costume chest size that's totally fine!

But don't change a character later on where the chest size is already set in stone. Stay true to the character.

That's just my opinion. :grin:

Holy shit. Capcom buffed the everloving shit out of Balrog. Thanks to the Screw Smash buff he has the possibility of a near 500 damage combo off of one CC and you end up having to guess what he'll do next. Then with his command grab, instead of being back in neutral you get a +8 frame advantage? You're going to have people scared of him now.

33 minutes ago, Makrow said:

Holy shit. Capcom buffed the everloving shit out of Balrog. Thanks to the Screw Smash buff he has the possibility of a near 500 damage combo off of one CC and you end up having to guess what he'll do next. Then with his command grab, instead of being back in neutral you get a +8 frame advantage? You're going to have people scared of him now.

Good for Smug, he was rocking VT2 before the buffs.