Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

1 minute ago, HeavensCloud said:

That's sweet you got one.   Apparently some people were paying scalpers up to $3000.  Like I want one but not THAT bad.  

I paid $500 for mine like an intelligent person. Only thing worse than the scalpers charging ludicrous amounts for PS5's are people buying from them so they'll keep doing it in the future.

8 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Hmm since you mention Capcom trying to do their thing to unite all those worlds in one universe, YuYu Hakusho came to my mind. Maybe something like the Darkstalkers are in the makai world and can't enter the human world because of some barrier. And if they do crossover they'd be severely weakened. Pyron and Hutzil would be exempt from this for obvious reasons. I don't know.

Yu Yu was a great show, I should go back and watch it, it's been quite a while since I last saw it.  The issue with that barrier idea is it would need a major reworking to make the "normal" world fit with Street Fighter's normal world.  Street Fighter is one of those martial arts = having super powers universes, but it's still, I guess grounded. So far, Necalli's one of the weirder things there. Sure Bison's gotten weirder over the years, but there's still a ceiling in place, that's one of the reasons why Ingrid ruffled feathers with her timetravel etc.

With Darkstalkers, not all the supernatural stuff comes from Makai.  Felicia isn't a rarity. Cat Women, according to Saiki's plot guide , are common enough that previously, there's been discussions on their human rights and even prejudice kept popping up around the time Felicia became a star.  It's never stated how they came to be, but sometimes human women give birth and then around 3 years or so their daughters start growing fur and tails etc. Also characters like  Sasquatch (Snowmen naturally reside in Canada) & Rikuo (the Kingdom of Mermen resided in the Amazon til Pyron's arrival destroyed the kingdom) are humanoids with no connection to Makai.  Zabel/ Raptor was human, but super into the occult and serves a dark master, but I don't think he's from Makai. Morrigan was adopted into Belial's house and brought into Makai, but she was born in Scotland, there's not info about her birth parents or life pre-adoption, but yeah, I initially thought she was born in that real, but she's another character that originates in this realm. Also Anakaris is human but came back from the dead, I think it's stated that he could use magic before he died. I have to reread, when he was alive he could see the future, dude was impressive in life and death.

The thing is that in Darkstalkers, they're not rare monsters crawling around that are the stuff of myths, their existence is widely known of, though as far as I know, humans no nothing of the Makai dimension, just the monsters from there that occasionally pop through dimensional rifts and the terrestrial monsters and such that pop up all the time. People who are super rich frequently hire DarkHunters to kill and or capture them so they can be used for weird, rare medical stuff, potions, or just collections.

All of this is moot though it Capcom wants to retcon everything. I just hope they don't. Like I said, I love both franchises and want them to flourish, but here's my issue.  If you merge the universes you run into a couple problems:

SF is all about how martial arts makes you stronger and increases who you are. Even with Bison's tech, he's still based on martial arts at his core and used science to enhance his powers. With his failing in SF5, Ryu showed that his hardwork and sacrifice triumphed over all of Bison's help. Heck, he was nearly invincible due to the constant stream of negativity being pumped into him until Rashid shut things off. If he had shut it off earlier, Charlie's first win against Bison in the finale would have prevented the need for him to kill himself. So Bison's reliance on tech and treachery was trumped by the purity of Ryu's fight and train and overcome his limits (SNH) methods.

If you get Darkstalkers who are just super OP by default  into SF, it shakes things up thematically. Also it gets less impressive to see a martial artist attain the weird, mystical powers of Oro through his hermit life journey when you can just have a character like Jedah show up and pull people into other dimensions. Plus, I doubt Bison would want someone like Demitri walking around and messing with his plans. I wouldn't want Bison easily stomped by a guy who drank the series' equivalent of Galactus. It would leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Ryu is the series posterboy, he would have to go up against the baddies if they popped up, and I really don't want to see him get some DBZ level power creep where he learns new techniques to put him on par with the DS cast and then leave a gigantic gap between himself and the rest of the cast.

Aesthetics: I love the horror aspect and now, with the global audience more accepting of horror movies from different cultures, not just western or Japanese, you get a loooot more options to get more monsters as part of the roster of a future Darkstalkers. I want DS to lean more into that, get newer, more ambitious designs and plots. let's see a Grendel, a Pontianak, a Fey, etc.

With Street Fighter, as much as I love Bison, I'm excited that we're finally moving away from Shadaloo (for now), on to further approach SF3's Illuminati stuff and even possibly ending this arc. I want to see SF stop all the prequels etc and just have each numbered entry from here on actually  advance things. Even though I like the weird characters like G, Q, Necro, etc. I wand to return the series to a still fantastical, but more martial arts driven focus when we wrap up the Illuminati arc. Don't ditch the weird characters at all, I don't want Virtua Fighter, but the overarching feel shouldn't be a superhero show.  I'm not saying things have to be super realistic and just a tournament, but we've been in world ending plots for too long and I'd love to see some fun action movie stuff that's on a smaller or medium scale, some underground fight tourny stuff, a global contest that has a race for some form of treasure that unravels towards the end with your typical anime/manga fighting zeal. I don't want the SF cast suddenly trying to figure out how to handle fighting ghosts, or vice versa, the Darkstalkers focusing on martial artists or a syndicate.

From a gameplay stand point, I also want to see how creative we can get with things in the modern era. I liked how when I'd switch from alpha to DS2 it was such a different feel. I'm not the most technically informed player, but I loved the difference between the two games even if I couldn't tell you what's what. Having the elements that eventually led to some of the VS games approach was nice. Seeing the curse debuffs, magic series combo system, ex moves, etc was great back then, who knows what mechanic could be pumped into a modern DS? We could get experimental and not try to closely mirror whatever current SF is out there are the time!

Hah, sorry for the essay, I just think that both series would get some dilution if they merged. Either you change up SF a ton, to smooth out the inclusion of DS, or you change up DS, tone down some of the crazy to make it fit more in with SF.

1 hour ago, Flackaveli said:

Capcom's Season V roadmap should have started with Winter 2021

fam i don't see them releasing a big update before the year end,  especially with no date on Capcom Cup finals. 

To me winter 2021 is December 2020 - February 2021. Only way that announcement makes sense imo.

Pretty sure all the dates are subject to change so really who knows.

Yeah, we all know Ryu is ass because he doesn't have shin shoryuken. That'll fix everything!

Seriously I'm not really sure what CA2s are supposed to do for half the cast. Balrog already has a single hit super that deals mad damage, has invincibility frames and goes through projectiles. What does Balrog need that he doesn't have?  Its the same thing with Zeku and a bunch of other characters. Zeku has a 4 frame super with a massive hitbox and hella invincibility frames. Dude needs a second CA like Cammy needs a second CA.

Wack ass Capcom.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Yeah, we all know Ryu is ass because he doesn't have shin shoryuken. That'll fix everything!

Seriously I'm not really sure what CA2s are supposed to do for half the cast. Balrog already has a single hit super that deals mad damage, has invincibility frames and goes through projectiles. What does Balrog need that he doesn't have?  Its the same thing with Zeku and a bunch of other characters. Zeku has a 4 frame super with a massive hitbox and hella invincibility frames. Dude needs a second CA like Cammy needs a second CA.

Wack ass Capcom.

I agree, I really don't see a point of second critical arts.  What do they really add to the game?  It's not like additional v triggers/ultras that change the way the game is actually played.  

Seems like a huge waste of resources.  I hope this isn't the case.  

Edited by HeavensCloud

I feel like they're just trying to throw whatever at the game to keep die hard fans logging in to see if they'll buy anything.  

But like you guys mentioned that's alot of work and probably expensive.  I kind of hope the leak is wrong because seeing they already plan on milking sf6 all the to ultra seems kind of gross.

But I'm sure it looks great to the shareholders.

If second Critical Arts are happening then i want this to be Juri's. I've been waiting for this KI kick to be her ultra for quite some time. 

2AB52939F003072B590B2574F245BB8288ABEA61 

She is a taekwondo user, she needs to kick.

PS : second CA seems like a waste but i question myself what else they can come up with to shake up the game's playstyle a bit.

Edited by Skort
20 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

First her current one just looks wack and lazy, and second she'll be able to chip now.

That's the last thing she needs to be able to do.  Same with gief and Mika. The characters have been balanced around the fact that they can't chip, so suddenly they'll be able to and it'll suck.

No Laura will be spending bar on CA regardless imo. EX fireball and ex cmd  are just too good not to be used instead when she gets going.

I rarely see Laura players use CA, the character itself is a 50/50 blender and with EX it only gets worst for the opponent.

Edited by Skort

You know, I'm not good at FGs. I'm like, better than okay. But this ken player really did wake up EX tatsu against me twice. Hit me the first time, threw away a game the second time, got bopped in the third game.

Second time he did it I was nowhere near close to him. Mans just decided to spend a bar and fly over to me so I could punish him. Capcom needs to stop playing and spend their resources on fixing the netcode instead of second string supers for the whole cast.

11 minutes ago, Sonero said:

That's the last thing she needs to be able to do.  Same with gief and Mika. The characters have been balanced around the fact that they can't chip, so suddenly they'll be able to and it'll suck

Fuck balance I wanna vtc unga into chip with bonita bae.

@Skort you're absolutely right, Laura's never been a character you'll see using her CA. But having the option to safely chip out instead of  wyling out hoping the opponent guesses wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

Fuck balance I wanna vtc unga into chip with bonita bae.

@Skort you're absolutely right, Laura's never been a character you'll see using her CA. But having the option to safely chip out instead of  wyling out hoping the opponent guesses wrong. 

I have no problems with characters getting more options btw but characters like Laura are difficult to balance imo. They can turn out broken or barely average. 

Laura is average until she pops VT 1 then it's GG. Seriously that VT is insane and i rarely see people talk about it , they are too focused on G's VT1 , Akuma's VT 1 , Urien and Kolin but Laura VT 1 is also way up there. Not aegis ,but definitely good.

Fuck, all this Laura talk makes me wanna pose her in Blender. 

Aight imma do a cool pose for  @Illwill88

47 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

I would like the new CA if it's not like SuperArts but rather more like SFAlpha Supers that you can used both in the match.

This, if you don't have both arts at once, it'll be a waste of cash. The FGC will figure out which one is the most useful overall all and only use that CA. Outside of isolated cases, it'll just be people trolling online using the "worst" CA. 

If the new CA2 is implemented like SF3's SuperArts. It's like Capcom still have a huge communication problem. People already dislike selectable super for years from SF3 and SF4.

I don't also understand why picking Dan instead of other characters. They said they are picking Dan for the story? lol

And their reason is to match with Sakura and Blanka?  That reason could match with other characters as well like Necro, Thawk, Abel, Sean or Viper . if they wan't characters relevant to the Shadaloo Saga or even the Secret Society Saga or for company of other characters in SFV.

Edited by Shakunetsu
32 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

If the new CA2 is implemented like SF3's SuperArts. It's like Capcom still have a huge communication problem. People already dislike selectable super for years from SF3 and SF4.

I don't also understand why picking Dan instead of other characters. They said they are picking Dan for the story? lol

And their reason is to match with Sakura and Blanka?  That reason could match with other characters as well like Necro, Thawk, Abel, Sean or Viper . if they wan't characters relevant to the Shadaloo Saga or even the Secret Society Saga or for company of other characters in SFV.

Stop trying to make sense of Capcom, you will only hurt your head in the end.

49 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Legit the first time I've ever seen someone downvoted lol. Of course it would be you. 

Squiggas hate it when I speak truth to power. SRK banned me for exposing wackness. MegaShock downvotes me because Nash's legs aren't even real.

Watching buttons go through crouching Vega and Kolin is the worst. 

#PutSomeHurtInTheirBoxes

16 minutes ago, Volt said:

@Mattatsu 👀

I’ll just say it... that’s going to run horribly on a switch. Like 30 FPS with frame drops. Also, it seems to run slower than it should... perhaps they’ve decreased movement speed to help the processor?

pro controller should also be mandatory

Edited by Mattatsu