Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

You know, with Oda saying this is going to be the most ambitious KOF game, I'm really excited to see what they have in store for us. I know a lot of people weren't too big on the game, but I actually liked it. The artstyle didn't really bother me. Thought SamSho was cool as well, though I never really took the time to get into it. I really want SNK to knock it out of the park this time around.

6 hours ago, BornWinner said:

So about the PS4 and the wire...

Good news: It turns out the splicer we had burnt out or something and everything connecting to it wasn’t working. Plugged the wire directly to the modem and it works! I’m part of the elite once more.

Bad news: I’m out $300 for buying another PS4. 😭

Why not shell out the extra 200 and get a PS5? 

7 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

The artstyle didn't really bother me. Thought SamSho was cool as well, though I never really took the time to get into it. I really want SNK to knock it out of the park this time around.

Yeah I excited  too.

I like what they did with SamSho, It's like they have learned how to work around with their visual issue in the recent KOF. 

Unlike Capcom that forced MVCi into something that isn't really what their fans into too. TVC and MVC3 did better in visuals and style.

Capcom and Namco is the big player here but  Capcom is acting that they have low budget and they are a striving gaming company like in the level of Arika to justify their error and failures.

Those graphical and visual mistakes they did with MVCi were not a problem of resources and budget like they claim but rather by choice and direction.

Edited by Shakunetsu
1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Mike Z opening up about his Autism. Judging from the comments it hasn't done anything to fix his current rep.

Has he mentioned that he has autism publicly before?

If not, i can see why people may be giving him a hard time (didn't read the comments), but it’s clear he does struggle with social skills

edit: not to say that anyone who lacks socials skills is autistic, but it is a trait. 

Edited by Mattatsu
41 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Someone remind me what he did to get canceled

He says some shocking/controversial things that are often insensitive, creepy, or just plain insulting. I personally believe he’s trying desperately to funny, but he‘s terrible at it, so he doubles down on the shock-value which just makes matters worse.

I don't remember the specifics, but he’s made weird comments to women that’s he’s either interacted with in the general FGC and employees at lab zero, which were sometimes received as sexual harassment.

When these allegations were going down (or maybe just after the dust settled), he made a “joke” during a skullgirls stream about how someone who was being oppressed in a match was in a situation “almost as if.... he can’t breath” clearly referencing the death of george floyd, on stream. And if i recall, this happened maybe a month or less after the incident, as riots were happening in the streets.

his apologies also came off as insincere, sort of like “well i’m sorry you took it that way” kinda of stuff.

there’s probably more to it than that, but that’s what i recall

Edited by Mattatsu
21 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Someone remind me what he did to get canceled

A sequence of events lead to his cancellation. Making a I can't breathe joke during an online skullgirls tournament, trying to spit game at a streamer that went wrong, being unprofessional to the staff of Lab Zero due to his lack of social skills and tact, stopping a hostile takeover of his company from his own employees trying to shame him into leaving. When that didn't work they bounced to form their own studio. 

Mike had a rough 2020.

Mike Z unfortunately has the social awareness of a gnat and gained a profile where a person like that is seen as unacceptable by the public at large. 

It was a mix of a awkward dork getting perceived "power" and people "fearing" that power too much that they didn't tell him the shit he was doing was uncool, so it went unchecked for too long. 

He has a really nice Potemkin in +R tho. 

Also, I need to decide if I wanna actually put time into SFV until Strive or just fart around like I do now. I played a few sets with cosplayer last night and it was.... fine? I dunno. The games didn't really rollback or skip all that much, but I felt like inputs were getting eaten. Is that a thing? or am I a bigger scrub than I think I am? 

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Mike Z opening up about his Autism. Judging from the comments it hasn't done anything to fix his current rep.

Been saying he looked legit autistic for a while now, guess that's confirmation.

*Checks replies.*

Why am I not surprised... Cancel culture is truly disgusting. Fanatiq a real one for exposing these hoes tho.

24 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

trying to spit game at a streamer that went wrong,

That's putting it way too mildly. 🤣 It was like watching an anime simp protag act like an anime villain to look cool while spitting game.

Let's not forget that said streamer initiated the convo by thanking him for loading his game with BDSM stuff tho. 🤣

That was an unforgettable read from start to finish.

7 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Also, I need to decide if I wanna actually put time into SFV until Strive or just fart around like I do now. I played a few sets with cosplayer last night and it was.... fine? I dunno. The games didn't really rollback or skip all that much, but I felt like inputs were getting eaten. Is that a thing? or am I a bigger scrub than I think I am? 

I believe eating inputs is just a thing to accept if you’re going to accept SFV’s netcode. It doesn’t happen all of the time, in my experience anyway, but it happens enough to annoy me. It’s partially why I don’t give a shit anymore. I’m not going to lab these tough ass combos with Chun, just to not be able to use them reliably.

1 minute ago, Mattatsu said:

It’s partially why I don’t give a shit anymore

What's the other parts 

Captain America Movie GIF by Knives Out

The Rookie-silver crowd of this game fucking suuuuucks to play. It's just ryus and kens that love to jump and sweep and chuck plasma. It's a chore to play these people, not to mention the netcode is so inconsistent that you have to fight that half the time too. 

But also, it's the most populated fighting game along with Tekken, meaning that I don't have to hit discords or the forum up to find games. There's always pluses and minuses. 

MFs will stay mad at an autistic person but won't learn how to anti-air. Committed to the wrong things, including a commitment to never leave their bedroom. At least if he takes up cerebral real estate, charge him rent for staying in your head. But no, it's a privilege for them to have convenient access to "comedic material."

"Trust me bro, I don't care. It's just funny to me." 

Fuck off.

1 hour ago, Mattatsu said:

I believe eating inputs is just a thing to accept if you’re going to accept SFV’s netcode. It doesn’t happen all of the time, in my experience anyway, but it happens enough to annoy me. It’s partially why I don’t give a shit anymore. I’m not going to lab these tough ass combos with Chun, just to not be able to use them reliably.

It's precisely why I swapped Karin for Cammy when I was actively playing. (Shut up @Darc_Requiem)

Am I really gonna learn and grind JFT combos when I'm mostly going to deal with WiFi Kens?

Fuck outta here, gimme a DP.

57 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

What's the other parts 

Captain America Movie GIF by Knives Out

The Rookie-silver crowd of this game fucking suuuuucks to play. It's just ryus and kens that love to jump and sweep and chuck plasma. It's a chore to play these people, not to mention the netcode is so inconsistent that you have to fight that half the time too. 

But also, it's the most populated fighting game along with Tekken, meaning that I don't have to hit discords or the forum up to find games. There's always pluses and minuses. 

I will tell you from my limited experience that doesn't change a ton at least into Gold. Still a lot of gimmicky folks just different gimmicks. That's FGs though. At least at the lower levels you can rely on them being suboptimal and hilariously predictable.  I actually miss the Bronze Kens.

What you have described is the eternal SFV cycle. Online kinda sucks, game is maybe kinda bad......but its SF so there are forever going to be people online playing it and when it feels good, it feels *good*.

One of the reasons I feel like the mediocre netcode is so painful. Its like a relationship with a toxic person but with awesome sex sometimes. Real easy to fall back into texting them on a Friday night. "Yeah I know its a mistake but sometimes you just gotta stick your dick in bad netcode alright!?"

Re: FGC personalities - Just like any other group of people, some of them are tools. With social engagement being more of a factor, esp this year when tournaments haven't really been a thing, that shit is just going to come out.

5 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

Man? You mean GOD!

molly ringwald stop GIF

That dude is the embodiment of a left-over-chili fart. No one needs that in their life. 

Sometimes I think of him as Gollum and the salt as the one ring. It's made him a monster and is destroying him, but he needs it to stay alive. 

I'm considering just becoming a lab rat until April and playing some of y'all occasionally. This year has sucked enough, I don't need the added stress of online FGC nonsense

Edited by KingTubb
Just now, Dayaan said:

What's this?

You know, chili, the meaty soup type thing. A couple days old so that booty burp is extra ripe. 

1 minute ago, Dayaan said:

Dude got mad at Alex Myers for something

For his connection and mashing to cause lag. It's so hilariously bad that that actually works, but it definitely does. 

Oh the stuff over the laggy connection or w/e. called him a bitch on twitter. Capcom should've told him to hold that L and stfu or run a money match later.

FGC been so nice lately that venting on twitter like a goofball is worth cancelling over. Big ol MEH.

Oh right, they also tried to cancel him because of that one Vlad TV Interview with Daylit. Dudes creating fake drama.

Just now, Dayaan said:

Literally an OS.

Because of the way rollback works, if the connection is janky you can basically  OS block things. If you are constantly microstepping black and crouching blocking on questionable connections, things get choppier. So it makes it harder to hit confirm from lows or just punish you walking back. There are players who just do this all day and I guess feel good about themselves.

All it does is make it extra obnoxious to play since you won't be confirming from anything small. Walkback, crouch block, hit a jab, step forward a bit, hit a standing jab and do a lot of that. You'll make yourself feel good about how you play footsies and connections will take  the express lane to LagTown.