Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

1 hour ago, Volt said:

It's precisely why I swapped Karin for Cammy when I was actively playing. (Shut up @Darc_Requiem)

Am I really gonna learn and grind JFT combos when I'm mostly going to deal with WiFi Kens?

Fuck outta here, gimme a DP.

Too each his own. I don't know how @Doctrine_Darkdoes it. Cammy is so damned boring. Win or lose, I had fun playing Karin. 

15 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

I have bought the original Guilty Gear because I thought it would be fun.

No lie, I have been getting dicked down by Justice for the past three hours. This boss is so cheesy.

You thought that crotch-spike was just for show? 🤣

15 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

My first run through original GG single player was with Pot.

Oh my god, that sounds like torture. I played with Baldhead and even though he can crouch Gamma Ray, she’s still a nightmare. I honestly don’t think I would be able to beat her with anyone else.

15 minutes ago, Volt said:

You thought that crotch-spike was just for show? 🤣

Big Duck Justice has no shame. She will destroy your soul and SHAAAAAAA over your broken body. 

3 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Also, I saw Highland Fireball made it to Warlord with Sagat on Twitter

We gotta pull him here. Y'all hoes got Twitter, pass him a link.

1 minute ago, Mattatsu said:

Bea dropped by to say hi during the mass exodus but I haven’t seen her since. I talked to Akhos on Twitter and don’t think he’ll come by unfortunately

Last I spoke to Bea she was just crazy busy. Things are actually pretty hectic regarding the CoVid situation here, so maybe it has something to do with that.

Akhos is 100% not showing up. Them's the breaks.

8 minutes ago, Volt said:
16 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

We gotta pull him here. Y'all hoes got Twitter, pass him a link.

He’s well aware of this place. He pretty much stopped coming to SRK before we bounced anyway, so I don’t think he cares too much to make an account here and start again

55 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

Not only that but how you gonna cuss somebody out then tell them be careful calling someone dumb because they're fighting words 😂

I like strider but he came out looking goofy here.

Strider could squash Punk in a fight but still I agree Punk came off looking better here.  I mean it's funny that Strider was calling him out but was using the same excuse himself.  "That was a different red ass light right there"  🤣

8 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

"That was a different red ass light right there"

That was happened before the "fighting words" thing.

"there's only two lights out there"

Gustavo was being dumb.  He tried to mix somebody that was spitting simple fact footsies. Couldn't force Punk into the mix up and fell apart.

09ers got anger issues.

3 hours ago, Illwill88 said:

Punk and strider got into it. Strider wanted to fight because he called him stupid and said "those are fighting words lol". He wouldn't run the set with punk for 1k tho.

“Who on ya team better than me?”

Lmao i know we are all nerds here but it’s still hilarious seeing niggas get big over street fighter. 

Also I’m not tryna be mean but can someone  send Punk to a barber and maybe a dentist. This man looks like he sleeps on top of a vent. I knows he’s gotta have some bread from winning tournaments.

Idk who the other dude is but don’t say something is fighting words then not throw hands. If they say yeah and you don’t swing you’re automatically a clown. 

Edited by Vhozite
12 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Mike Z opening up about his Autism. Judging from the comments it hasn't done anything to fix his current rep.

Of course it hasnt.

If you make a tasteful joke to someone and they feel it was harassment, you are inmediately Hitler and deserve your life to be ruined.

I always knew he had some form of mental disability, it was fucking obvious.

Hence why i have been against this whole witch hunt that even if it wasnt because his health problem, it would be still a fucking stupid shit blown out of proportion.

The twatter mob is disgusting.

5 hours ago, BornWinner said:

I have bought the original Guilty Gear because I thought it would be fun.

No lie, I have been getting dicked down by Justice for the past three hours. This boss is so cheesy.

You dont have an idea how cheese she can be.

There is a code that can increase the game difficulty.

Once you activate it and played the game for a while while saving, the ai starts doing weird shit like doing imperial rays while dashing at the same time, michael swords while dashing into combos that stun you into gamma rays, etc.

The good thing is that you can cheese the same way.

You can basically add any extra directional input  into your moves so you can do the dashing special/supers

For example 2366S/HS with Ky to have him dashing while doing stun edge.

You can even add extra 66 into any non forward input if you are fast enough and it will register it as a dashing special.

My brother and i learned to play doing that shit into everything back in the day, the game was extremely broken, but since everyone is broken, it was fun.

Ther are also alot of mechanics that the game has that are not explained to you.

Like a pseudo parry that triggers the Destroyed screen for you to input it, air recoveries/knockdonw recoveries which are done by 8 + the Respect/Taunt button, the charged specials that are char specific, like 236D with Ky, 623D with Sol, 22D with Zato, etc, pressing Taunt on mid air to change the dirction you are facing (wich opens combo routes that otherwise wouldnt be possble), and faultless defense done by pressing dust when guarding.

There are also stuff like the clash system, where after running for a while, if you have metter, you gain a hitbox that knocks down your opponent ifi you hit it while running.

13 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Fun Fact: Kliff can’t dash at all while grounded on OG Guilty Gear. If you backdash as him, you get a dodge instead. That sure was a wakeup call for me.

Iirc, he is the same on all the GG minus AC+R, where they added some mobility options for him.

His taunt is a projectile btw.

He also does massive damage for small combos.

BTW, dunno if you know, but to unlock Baiken, you need to finish the game without losing any battle against the cpu with either Ky or Sol.

After defeating Justice, it will prompt a secret battle against her.

3 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

I was reading the dustloop wiki last week and was reading up on kliff. If I actually had a way to play  

+R I would main him. He's a old man with a giant sword just cool af. And fwiw that game has a bunch of cool characters I don't remember ever seeing when I would randomly watch gg matches

Yeah Kliff is is a badass.  Not sure why he's not as popular as the others.  I'd probably main him if he ever gets into Strive.  

2 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Yeah Kliff is is a badass.  Not sure why he's not as popular as the others.  I'd probably main him if he ever gets into Strive.  

Probably because he died on GG1.

And while he has been available in Xplus in consoles and most of the console versions of XX, he has never been tournament legal outside AC+R.

Kliff is almost 100% not not coming back to any new GG unless they decide to make a Dream Match type of game.

Hell, they didnt even add a lot of chars that are alive in the lore and are heavily requested on Xrd and  SFStrive seems will have the same thing going on where they will add chars very slowly, which means many fan favorites will be missing again.

38 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

GG stuff

Wow! Out of all of those, I only figured out the character specials, destroyed parry(only because Justice used it against me) and FD. Almost timed out Justice by ducking the Gamma Ray and using Faultless Defense against Imperial Ray full screen. Almost worked until there was five seconds left and she dashed up and destroyed me in a single combo.

This game is so wacky but fun. I’ll have to try all of the stuff you mentioned.

16 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

He's a old man with a giant sword just cool af. And fwiw that game has a bunch of cool characters I don't remember ever seeing when I would randomly watch gg matches

You have to get Accent Core when you get the chance. Everyone is like a boss character and you have to stop them from using their bullshit so you can overwhelm them with yours.

3 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Probably because he died on GG1.

And while he has been available in Xplus in consoles and most of the console versions of XX, he has never been tournament legal outside AC+R.

Kliff is almost 100% not not coming back to any new GG unless they decide to make a Dream Match type of game.

Hell, they didnt even add a lot of chars that are alive in the lore and are heavily requested on Xrd and  SFStrive seems will have the same thing going on where they will add chars very slowly, which means many fan favorites will be missing again.

They actually wouldn't include him in the roster because of lore reasons?   That's....amusing to me and kind of unfortunate.  

1 minute ago, HeavensCloud said:

They actually wouldn't include him in the roster because of lore reasons?   That's....amusing to me and kind of unfortunate.  

Almost if not all fgs dont add chars due lore reaaons. 

Dunno how is amusing when we have seen it on sf, tekken, kof, samsho, sc, mk, inj, etc. 

36 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Almost if not all fgs dont add chars due lore reaaons. 

Dunno how is amusing when we have seen it on sf, tekken, kof, samsho, sc, mk, inj, etc. 

It's amusing to me because it's pretty stupid.  To not include a character that might increase the overall sales of a game because of story reasons when the lore in most fighting games is trash.  In Kliff's case, I can kind of see him not being in because he's not a popular character to begin with.  However, if there's demand for a cool character they can easily make up an excuse to put them back in like how Capcom 'resurrected'  Nash in SFV.  

2020 keeps wilding. 🤣

RIP Zaibatsu I guess.

Also, it's funny y'all shitting on dead characters not making it into games while also talking about Kliff who made in several despite being dead with his story mode being a retelling of his GG1 story.

Y'all really ain't built to hang with Story Gang.

Only dead character that truly got dicked despite how many people want him back is Rugal and he might get into 15 for lore reasons and made it to 98 and 02 anyway.