Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

38 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

It's amusing to me because it's pretty stupid.  To not include a character that might increase the overall sales of a game because of story reasons when the lore in most fighting games is trash.  In Kliff's case, I can kind of see him not being in because he's not a popular character to begin with.  However, if there's demand for a cool character they can easily make up an excuse to put them back in like how Capcom 'resurrected'  Nash in SFV.  

I dont think is stupid to want to have a cohesive narrative in their games. 

Besides, that is why we have dream matches. 

Or legacy characters taking the mantle/gameplay. 

It sucks for the fans of the char? Yes. 

But is something that happens in every media, every genre has this happening all the time. 

And is something that has way around. 

Edited by Hecatom
37 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Justice left such a scar on players when she was a boss that even she’s terrible in AC, people still hate her. Oh well, I find her fun.

I think the hate that Justice gets on AC+R is because she is a dedicated zoner with a gameplay style that is very unique and alien to the usual GG formula. 

She can be pretty obnoxious if you know what you are doing. 

I personally like the gameplay, but hate is tied to her, for me Justice the beast from GG1, which i loved to use to wreck everyone on the game, lol. 

All the later iterations are pale imitations. 

4 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Why is zaibatsu closing? 

"I personally have been checked out from the scene for some time now, and I just don't have the time or desire anymore to keep the site going.

I suspect by now most of the conversation has moved on to social media platforms, but this serves as a notice to wrap things up on Tekken Zaibatsu. Make plans to stay in touch elsewhere, save any media and data you might want, etc...

Game Over!
Castel"

On 12/3/2020 at 11:09 PM, Mattatsu said:

I am making a joke though, I realize that’s a different thing because it invented a genre, and I’m positive SF1 had a very little (if any) following

Actually SFI was supposedly pretty popular and successful back when it was released. Successful enough to make Capcom make two sequels, first Final Fight which became its own thing, and then SFII.

The fact that people looked at SFI back in in 1987 and thought "Yeah, this is a good game!" should tell you something about why SFII is considered to have single-handedly birthed the genre.

On 12/4/2020 at 12:29 AM, Sonero said:

So wait, this guy was an actual kid for real, chat wasn't just making jokes?

In case you want to know, there was an Italian beginners tournament today that I ended up watching, and this kid ended up in Grand Finals on winners' side, obviously playing Seth (so young and they already pick a top tier). He was playing against this female Sakura player that he sent to losers earlier in Winners' Final. Even though it was Gold rank matches it was super fun to watch, and it ended after a reset and going to final round with the score at 2-2. And for the whole time I thought people were calling him a kid as some kind of joke I wasn't aware of.

I'll leave the VOD so you people can watch if you want, grand final is at 02:52:18

2 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

His playstyle reflects the natural inclinations of his age. 

If that's true then there are hella 10 year olds playing this game. I keep running into this one particular Nash who is trying to make Nash play like this kid does Seth.

Also ran into a...wanna say super plat Dhalsim that didn't anti air me a single time. Weird AF.

11 hours ago, Sonero said:

What hecatom said. Also that ish sucks every time they do it.

That said, Justice deserves to never come back.

But Justice is still around, she just looks like a human again, for as much human as Jack-Os body can be. Girl can kick you so hard to cause a visible explosion from space.

That might as well take out a country or two.

Sols Family is wild.

Regarding the SRK news / post.

I have been browsing OLD SRK forums using  https://archive.org/web/  and even found some of my old posts and many faces that are gone now,got hit in the gut with nostalgia i must admit.

I don't know if i will get hate for this or not but whatever.

I personally don't want to see SRK gone. Yea some questionable things happened lately that made a lot of people migrate but it was "home" for many years and the place where i started to learn about FGC and got to know some great people, some that are still here on megashock.

Ups and downs everywhere for sure but it's still one of the most memorable websites out there. If it's indeed shutting down for good, it will leave a big footprint that's for certain.

Gone but not forgotten.

Edited by Skort
10 minutes ago, Skort said:

I don't know if i will get hate for this or not but whatever.

I personally don't want to see SRK gone. Yea some questionable things happened lately that made a lot of people migrate but it was "home" for many years and the place where i started to learn about FGC and got to know some great people, some that are still here on megashock.

That's a pretty fair point.

I for one, welcome our new Megashock overlords. 

38 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

I wonder if the LoL fighter will cause a boom kinda like SFIV did. Might bring a bunch of people here when it comes out. 

I think so. I feel a lot of League players who want to experience fighters for the first time are going to get especially salty though.

"This game sucks because my opponent keeps grabbing me and Riot doesn't do anything to nerf this busted mechanic"

6 minutes ago, Skort said:

If we have zero clues about the game then the stars don't point in a good or bad way. 

We have zero clues about the game after all.

You have SFV sitting in front of you, you see how they patheticly try to get attention with Dan, with month old stuff.

They have ignored problems for years that have been reported day 1.

And the Netcode is still complete ass.

To think SFVI will be good is a bubble thats hovering between a horde of hyperactive Cactures, who all have the itch to do 1000 Needles at any moment.

7 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Well there can't be straight subforums yet, but that doesn't mean you don't work on the infrastructure. game comes out in '22? That's some time to work out, suggest and get in place stuff for when it does release.

Alright first thing I want is the ability to drag and drop stuff in here.

Then I want subforums for all the GG Characters and Subforums for all the Melty Blood Characters, once my lazy ass went around to make the Thread, same for BB.

3 hours ago, Sonero said:

We'd have to start an organized effort to promote MegaShock now if you want that to happen.

Gotta go full shill mode. Also give misterBee hella headaches moving stuff around site around to accomodate for the eventual release.  So you'd want wiki, dedicate subforums and all other stuff a modern FG website you wish had.

That's true. We gotta start making an organized movement now and the most important thing is to properly organize and write down what we want and who's up to do what.

Gotta take a look back at that long convo we had on the SFV Lounge Discord about this subject. Work got a mean grip on my nuts this weekend, but I'll try to organize something this week.

A whole new gen of games are coming out. SF6, Strive, Kof15... We're behind schedule already.