Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

3 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

It is realy realy hard to believe you, when you say you don't have a foot fetish.

You always either play the foot characters or are interested in them.

Not my fault the "foot characters" are the best girls lol.

Legit not into feet,just happens that my favourite characters get foot related art.

13 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

@Mattatsuis this the legendary day?

Sorry man. I’m not sure about today. I’m catching up on work for the next several hours and my wife is using the laptop for a big project she has. I’ll be free tonight, but not sure if the laptop will be. I’ll let you know if I can play though.

I’m sorry about this. As long as I don’t have to work OT tomorrow night, I’ll be free for games.

4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

How do you survive there man? I've seen them ban people for respectful disagreement. That probably takes more skill than your SFV talents 😉

To be honest, I just keep most of my replies short and try not to get into too many back and forths. If anything, I do more reading than posting. I remember getting banned for the weakest shyt back on Neogaf. It was so irrelevant that I can't even remember what it was over. Then I realized that a lot of people were banned over nothing well after the fact. I'd like to think I'm someone who's aware enough to realize if I said something that was ban-worthy. I got no explanation for why I was banned, either.

3 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

To be honest, I just keep most of my replies short and try not to get into too many back and forths. If anything, I do more reading than posting. I remember getting banned for the weakest shyt back on Neogaf. It was so irrelevant that I can't even remember what it was over. Then I realized that a lot of people were banned over nothing well after the fact. I'd like to think I'm someone who's aware enough to realize if I said something that was ban-worthy. I got no explanation for why I was banned, either.

Dude the fact that you of all people got banned says more about them.  I feel like those forums are just an echo chamber and if you say the slightest controversial thing you're toast.  

5 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

@ShakunetsuYes sir.

Thanks man

33 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

I was surprised too that some would get banned their in restera for  1 day and comeback 

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Is it so hard just to leave a community alone?

I know this is rhetorical and all that but yes. Some people can't seem to be able to stop themselves from a clicking in a thread that has content in it they may not like.

We're all in MegaShock literally because of that type of behavior. to some people, everywhere is a battlefront for what they believe.

13 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I know this is rhetorical and all that but yes. Some people can't seem to be able to stop themselves from a clicking in a thread that has content in it they may not like.

We're all in MegaShock literally because of that type of behavior. to some people, everywhere is a battlefront for what they believe.

I tell you man. It's nice to be here. We can give each other shit in one thread. Be pals in the another, and run sets in between. If more forums were like this the format might not be dying.

5 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I tell you man. It's nice to be here.

Well this place is carrying a bigger GD influence where that division within threads was a bit more defined. When I got modded, I turned that into a rule and it freaked people out. They were already doing it, but they didn't know they already worked that way.

SF5 Lounge was dumb as fuck for not doing the same. Holy shit was it a shit show to see discord shit dragged in there, screenshots from the Smash thread just to clown on another member and then airing out MobbDeep with stuff from another forum and all that shit was fine.

Preppy accused me a bunch of times of letting SRK turn into 4chan, but I literally curb stomped that behavior out of GD while other mods were cool with it in other places. The irony is suffocating. 😂

5 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:
  Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

acknowledging of whatever imaginary issue they have with it (some even asking for a complete ban of all discussion on Cyberpunk from the forums), the mods seemingly on damage control as they're probably unwilling to ban one of the most discussed games on the forums but they can't show it because that'd be violating the party line, and the majority of the users likely not giving a shit at all and just wanting to talk about the game and buying it.

The comparisons to North Korea are so deserved it's painful.

Never knew how much of a POS their members were lol. They ban you if you are a Trumper lol

EomJAVxXIAERPbI?format=jpg&name=large

and this 🤔

EmixGDzXIAA_ghP?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by AriesWarlock
23 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I don't remember what I happened I just remember the Alex mixups man. 

Basically that. Linking the threads in the SF5 lounge so everybody could see that he made an ass of himself in another forum.

But its the same with bringing up screenshots from the Smash Bros thread into the lounge, talking about my wife etc. To a large extent, the SF5 Lounge operated in more ridiculous ways than GD did. You guys could go an extra 2 or 3 miles that wouldn't fly in the wild part of GD. But that's also, to a large extent why people misunderstood, Preppy's dumb ass largely, how GD operated. All the 4channy shit he claimed was happening in GD really wasn't.

It'd probably be a good idea to ask misterBee to make it a rule here too. Dragging drama cross threads is silly and unproductive. Airing people out over dumb stuff said in private or in another website is similar. Like if you do it in a big enough platform, you go on twitch/youtube/twitter...those things are all public billboards. Other type of stuff to turn the forums into your own battleground? Wack.

2 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Never knew how much of a POS their members were lol. They ban you if you are a Trumper lol

EomJAVxXIAERPbI?format=jpg&name=large

and this 🤔

EmixGDzXIAA_ghP?format=jpg&name=medium

Typical REEEEEsetera. No diversity of thought allowed. Just be a good communist and you'll be safe. If you're a "bad type of gay" like me, damn would they eat me alive there for disagreeing with almost everything they say.

It's filled with people like this

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

These people are insane. But yeah, let's pretend you being an asshole all along is due to the Rona this year...

What's weird is how Gaf was dead a couple of years ago, and now it's kinda thriving again after people found Era so hateful and intolerant, they're back on there to actually speak their minds and EXCHANGE opinions. What a concept! The people on Era all have TDS. And it's typical of how far leftists work really, they love to project. What they say Trump is, is exactly who they actually are. They are the tyrants, the fascists, the racists, the intolerant ones, the incompetent ones. 

I think Era perfectly represents society these days all too well (unfortunately). Especially on certain social media. You better behave and allign yourself with the mob or else the thought police will hunt you down. I blame weak minded politicians for allowing this type of activism for going on left unchecked for so long in colleges. Now it's seeped everywhere. 

It's what happens when years of identity politics indoctrination of "PUT YOUR IDENTITY FIRST" occurs. Everything has to revolve around a certain characteristic all the time, you're not allowed to remove your own "privilege" from the conversation, so everything is viewed through that lense. Must be hard living in that mental state 24/7 of constantly needing safe spaces and trigger warnings. If you don't have any "privilege" aka you're a white straight male, then your opinion is invalidated, you just need to be an "ally", shut up, and "educate yourself". Although if you're a part of a minority group like me and you don't go to the church of woke? Damn are we the ones they hate the most... that's when their vitriol really comes out.

The ones that originally put these ideas out there are living a fabulous life doing activism on campus and companies, getting paid tonnes of money to spew their bullshit. Unfortunately for those of us who do fall for their lies and manipulation, it is hard to get out of that cult-like mind status. They need a serious intervention tbh. Problem is the people in power or in charge enable them, validate their behavior, and promise to double down. Unfortunately we have some Gestapo loving congressmen that would love to apply RE thought control tactics on our real lives.

spacer.png

Rant over. Sorry for going off topic a bit, but damn do these people make me mad. Bunch of bullies.

Edited by mykka
6 hours ago, mykka said:

I think Era perfectly represents society these days all too well (unfortunately). Especially on certain social media. You better behave and allign yourself with the mob or else the thought police will hunt you down. I blame weak minded politicians for allowing this type of activism for going on left unchecked for so long in colleges. Now it's seeped everywhere. 

As someone who still goes to SRK because I started following the election thread before the migration, Trumpers are really no different, they just do it to election officials nowadays while their politicians play along to not antagonize their rabid voters.

If anything, the most ironic thing of all of this is that ResetEra is both acting as cultish-ly as the Trumpers, and they're also behaving like the stereotype of the radical left boogeyman that you see Republican use. If Trump has anyone to thank for his victory in 2016 it's useful idiots like the morons at ResetEra giving legitimacy to the right's rhetoric.

Enough politics now though.

25 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

ResetEra is both acting as cultish-ly

I can't remember if it was ResetEra or the other videogame forum that wouldn't let me join unless I jumped through like 10 hoops or something. 

Whatever, man. The internet is big enough, there's always somewhere else to go. 

Speaking of forums and the internet, anyone here interested in starting a youtube or Twitch channel for MegaShock?

Guess I should ask MisterBee, but I know he's got a lot of stuff going on. It could also be a joint effort 🤷‍♀️

The SFxT Discord has been jumping.   Alex Valle dropped in to ask about what it would take to run sets on WNF.  Our discord monthly had 18 people with names like LPN, TZA, Brenttiscool and Sabre dropping in, and the guys who have been cutting their teeth in the discord the last few years more than held their own and showed there were no free rides just because they played the game back in the day.  That means the meta has indeed evolved significantly since people dropped off from it and I can tell the haters who said otherwise to suck it when I air pools this Saturday on my channel and then Top 8 on Arturo's channel.  After coming up on 7 years of carrying this game on my back it's so good to see everything I've been preaching come into fruition.  Moving my focus to promotion after I won Summer Jam was definitely the right call.  I've been having a blast commentating these.  

Onto SFV news, the more I see Dan the more amped I am to finally play him.  They're sure taking their time but given the circumstances of the world I'll cut them some slack.  

I've enjoyed SFV for the most part the last few years.  While it has a certain "pick up and play" vibe for those who only know how to do special moves, I can appreciate that it didn't follow the trend of autocombo bullshit other games like KOF14, DBFZ etc tried to implement as a beginner mechanic.  Sutff like that from my experience jus makes those noobies stay noobies forever because they never bother to learn anything else as the cool looking stuff is just that easy.  Easing links I think is a much better approach because they still have to learn specials, super buffers, and timing even if the timing isn't as strict as it once was.

And of course, the universal range buffs everyone got in CE was MUCH welcome.  Last December I worked backstage at Capcom Cup finals in LA.  I recorded 250 LCQ matches on LGPs along with a couple other guys in CCTV.  They're sitting in a vimeo somewhere fully named and time stamped, so whenever Gootecks finishes having his conspiracy nut moment maybe you guys could poke at him on letting them loose.  I was DYING for buttons after I finished organizing 12+ hours of matches into station pools that would allow me to cut and name them easier when I got home, and playing the reveal build of CE at the afterparty  was a godsend.  When people came up from downstairs into the bar where the setups were, I stood up from my seat and declared "THE BUTTONS ARE BACK!"

I wonder if having more reliable hitboxes to use and keep track of has been a contributing factor for Daigo rising back up to the top, just based on the games he comes from and what tends to be the cues he uses there for his Daigo Reads.  I know with SFxT I've drilled myself to keep track of all of the major buttons characters are likely to use, and the hitboxes/hurtboxes there were more indicative of what their animations were compared to some of the earlier seasons of V.  

Edited by Psychoblue
29 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Yep!  I'm hype!   They even gave her 90s Nickelodeon Slime!

She's also the cover athlete for my flyer for my BFTG monthly on Arturo's channel in a couple of weeks.

I don't think I remembered any slime lol. But she looks cool. The look she has going on in the comic is also pretty cool

power-rangers-ranger-slayer-new-costume-

10 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

I don't think I remembered any slime lol. But she looks cool. The look she has going on in the comic is also pretty cool

power-rangers-ranger-slayer-new-costume-

Yeah I don't know what the slime is about either.  She's only shown up like 4 times tops in the TV show and she faded in the background after Drakkon was beaten the first time until New Dawn came out.  I guess they had to be creative.

Still waiting for In Space and Lightspeed Rescue reps, hopefully next season!

I had a theory that G is being set up as a post 3S era villain who intends to turn everyone on Earth into copies of himself. He's always going on about how we are all one and how we're all the same. Q's an early attempt at that, his moves are all sloppy versions of G's, and his ending hints at there being multiple Q's as they're spotted all around the world.

Here's one of Skullmonia's (admittedly joke) endings:

g3g9u4fahpo21.jpg

Hmmmmmm... 🤔

Edited by mowr