Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

1 minute ago, misterBee said:

That super looks kinda meh.

I'm a shill but even I think it looks meh. For a woman wanting to break free from her oppressors you'd think she'd have a much more satisfying CA.

She still looks cool though and I got the season pass so I'ma see what I can do (not a thing but hey still gotta play her lol)

Falke looks interesting. I don't know that I like her special move inputs but I figured she'd be a control weirdo like Ed.

The biggest problem with her CA is that she ends it with an adorable little bonk on the head with her stick. Doesn't have enough oomph. May be something they can tweak with camera angles or whatever though. Also not like it technically matters.

Looking forward to trying her out next week.

I dont really like the way her v-skill looks to be honest.

All in all, I'm curious to try her out. I'm sure there is a lot of stuff we havent see in the trailer, so we'll have to wait another week. 

But it's hard for me to get that excited for her when I've always disliked the way she looks and I find her backstory redundant. I'd rather they have made a weapon wielding doll playable tbh, at least they look different to every other female 

Just got really look at the trailer. I don't really think her animations are bad. She seems to have a lot hit stop which make the transitions between moves look jerky. Still don't like the CA though. I'll give her shot. I don't think she'll be for me, but the first blog rarely gives you real insight into how a character plays.

Judging by the reactions in several places, she might be the worst received DLC character after Abigail. 

Looking at her trailer again, there are a few moves that I really dont care for. The one where she bends over to hit the opponent, really stiff, and also her V-skill where she spins her staff while remaining completely immobile, it looks lazy.

Edited by mykka
1 hour ago, mykka said:

Judging by the reactions in several places, she might be the worst received DLC character after Abigail. 

Looking at her trailer again, there are a few moves that I really dont care for. The one where she bends over to hit the opponent, really stiff, and also her V-skill where she spins her staff while remaining completely immobile, it looks lazy.

A few swimsuit costumes and the FGC Sheeple will sing her praises.

38 minutes ago, Bea_Iank said:

Just those boobs alone would weigh between 6 to 10 KGs!

FFS Capcom, get your weighs right at the very least!

Capcom's sense of weight and proportions aren't always the best when it comes to their female characters.

Cammy's boobs in SFV probably weigh as much as she did overall in ST when she was built like a 14 year old.

Mika's boobs are probably legit the size and weight of a small child.

51 minutes ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

Outside of the animation issue her concept is cool. No one seems to fight like her. 

Edit: Capcom said in a tweet that she only has 2 moves that are like Ed's.

From my understanding, her projectiles are performed by holding down a punch button and then releasing.  We'll see if that's true soon enough.

From the Capcom Unity post:

"Falke utilizes her staff in battle to keep opponents at range, but it also serves as her conduit for Psycho Power. By holding down any punch button, Falke can charge up and store Psycho Power until the button is released in one of three different ways:

Standing (Psycho Kugel) – Falke releases the Psycho Power through her staff like a shotgun

Air (Psycho Feder) – Falke shoots a projectile at a diagonal angle downwards from the air

Crouching (Psycho Kanonen) – Falke lays on the ground and shoots a projectile at the opponent’s feet. She can avoid projectiles while using Psycho Kanonen."

And:

"Like Ed, some of Falke’s special moves only require either two punch or two kick buttons – no special inputs required. Pressing two punches will result in Psycho Schneide, which is her version of an uppercut. Pressing two kicks is Katapult, which sees Falke pole vaulting towards the opponent in a kick motion."

So she's going to have 3 non-motion commands: hold P, KK, and PP. That is similar to Ed who has PP, KK, 6P, hold P, and mash P for specials. Since Falke has 3 different shot types the holds may be considered most of her list.

Edited by GetTheTables

So just checked out the Unity stream (apparently it was better than the WSO one) and she seems fun. I've definitely warmed up to her. CA is still ass, and while she is still a rigid character, her animations arent as bad as I initially thought.

Her taunt is cute, she says "guten tag". Her air throw seems useful, in fact she has a very strong anti-air game. Her damage is decent, and her combos look kinda cool. VT1 seems a lot stronger than VT2 though.  I'll give her a try.

Edited by mykka
10 hours ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

Outside of the animation issue her concept is cool. No one seems to fight like her. 

Edit: Capcom said in a tweet that she only has 2 moves that are like Ed's.

You just like her because pretty much like all the chars you play she's + on everything

Very nice art. DiasFox continues to kick out excellent work. 

Watching WSO Falke demo. I think generally she looks nifty. I’m not sure how much I’ll personally like her (I don’t like hold button specials) but her AA ability and shots are really enticing, and I like her damage output. If nothing else I’m looking forward to seeing what people do with her.