Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

5 hours ago, Hecatom said:

This nigglet disrespecting the giants shoulders in which he stands on, smfh. 

I'mma shit on these shoulders like a bird because they're as lame as the NY Giants. 😤

5 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Capcom Danposting on Christmas Eve like the Grinch. 🤢

Merry Christmas to all of y'all bitches! (Except Capcom. They get coal.)

33 minutes ago, Volt said:

I'mma shit on these shoulders like a bird because they're as lame as the NY Giants. 😤

Capcom Danposting on Christmas Eve like the Grinch. 🤢

Merry Christmas to all of y'all bitches! (Except Capcom. They get coal.)

Bad take. Dan will bring so many people to SFV. In particular, all those people that "played so much SF4!" The people that thought that he was "really funny in that game" and who felt "awesome when they beat other players with Dan" because it would make them "mad." 

Always nice to have new players!

14 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

So my headset problems have been fixed. I have new Apple headphones (for discord) and a proper gaming headset I can use with my PS4 finally... kinda feels like I need to get into COD or some shit now, lol, but whenever you guys want to play with VC I’m down (besides tonight anyway).

also...

Wait you guys voice chat when we play FGs?

14 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

We try, yes. I'm always down. I'm not sure how you guys were running lobbies before, but after I came and pushed for the Discord server and had it succeed, we've been doing VC games since. I can't imagine not hearing trash talk when playing...

Edited by Dayaan
8 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

We try, yes. I'm always down. I'm not sure how you guys were running lobbies before, but after I came and pushed for the Discord server and had it succeed, we've been doing VC games since. I can't imagine not hearing trash talk when playing...

On the one hand I wouldn’t mind chatting with y’all, but on the other hand i know I wouldn’t be saying much mid match. In fact people taking to (at) me when I’m playing SF is the quickest way to piss me off lol. I don’t even like being texted when I play. 

Im really sociable when playing other games tho. 

1 minute ago, Vhozite said:

On the one hand I wouldn’t mind chatting with y’all, but on the other hand i know I wouldn’t be saying much mid match. In fact people taking to (at) me when I’m playing SF is the quickest way to piss me off lol. I don’t even like being texted when I play. 

Im really sociable when playing other games tho. 

I guess you get used to it. I talk a lot when playing 3S, but never when I play SFV. Get a lot of hate from my mates for playing Guile, and there's only so much counter-trash talk you can say to, "ALL YOU DO ARE RANDOM BOOMS AND FLASH KICKS!"

I still enjoy it though. It's worth it to get hyped together.

1 minute ago, Dayaan said:

I guess you get used to it. I talk a lot when playing 3S, but never when I play SFV. Get a lot of hate from my mates for playing Guile, and there's only so much counter-trash talk you can say to, "ALL YOU DO ARE RANDOM BOOMS AND FLASH KICKS!"

I still enjoy it though. It's worth it to get hyped together.

Half of my “commentary” would be sharply inhaling when I get clipped by some VT nonsense lol. I get super salty during matches 🤣

52 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Yeah man, the Lounge Discord was made with this exact purpose.

23 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Half of my “commentary” would be sharply inhaling when I get clipped by some VT nonsense lol. I get super salty during matches 🤣

Me too, but voice chat actually helps me because I'm always talking copious amounts of shit whenever I turn the mic on.

Edited by Volt

Yeah, I wouldn’t voice chat randoms in MK11 but I love voice chatting with you guys as we play. Honestly, some of my favourite moments during this pandemic have been my sessions with Tubb, Dayaan, or Pertho. It helps taking the edge off and honestly I find you learn a lot from it. Pertho was very helpful in 3S for this actually - he’d coach me like every match, if we weren’t talking shit anyway. Lots of laughs too.

Edited by Mattatsu
13 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I haven't played it personally, I've heard nothing but good things about it though.

Yeah, I loved the old X-Wing vs Tie Fighter games, and Starfox 64 is one of my favourite N64 games. This looks awesome, but I hear the single player campaign is a bit light and I’m not sure how much I’d want to play 5v5 multiplayer... I’d prefer Deathmatch style personally

3 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

Yeah, gonna get Squadrons, fuck it, it looks dope.

Will also get FF7R to finally play an FF game. My best friend has also been telling me I need to play it for the last few months and we normally have the exact same taste in games, so i’m sure i’ll dig it

Not sure if it's a good thing or bad thing, but I like FF7R and I despise the original FF7. I was going to give it my GOTY vote until I played Ghost of Tsushima.

1 hour ago, Shakunetsu said:

If SF twitter had this kind of an update like updating Ryu's Donkey Kick it would had been slightly better than Dan reused footage

Is this legit footage ?

They gave him a new cr mk ? Isn't this the one they showcased in the SFV alpha footage ?  

I wonder if all the cast will get some new moves. Actually , i wonder if the battle mechanic will be something similar to  MK 11's loadouts. Allowing you to select from a certain number of moves and normals.

32 minutes ago, Skort said:

Is this legit footage ?

They gave him a new cr mk ? Isn't this the one they showcased in the SFV alpha footage ?  

I wonder if all the cast will get some new moves. Actually , i wonder if the battle mechanic will be something similar to  MK 11's loadouts. Allowing you to select from a certain number of moves and normals.

Not sure how he did the Donkey Kick. The Cr.MK was what Ryu had in the initial SFV reveal. I'm guessing it's still in the game files.

24 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Not sure how he did the Donkey Kick. The Cr.MK was what Ryu had in the initial SFV reveal. I'm guessing it's still in the game files.

There are multiple attacks still in the game files that are not used. 

Ryu even has the shin shoryuken ultra from SF 4. 

As for the donkey kick , it seems to have faster startup as opposed to the live version. Or maybe i'm just imagining it, haven't played SFV in ages.

1 hour ago, Skort said:

Is this legit footage ?

It's a mod but it would make better news than Dan even it's a bit of changes like animation

They did change Ryu's crouching HP at some point in SFV.

So it would make it better that they return the donkey kick but it's like they intended really to be change that way

Squadrons is fun so far, but I’m a terrible pilot and I suspect it’s going to take me a bit to settle on the optimal controls. Anyways, this shit apparently has crossplay so let me know if anyone else has/gets it... i also now have a proper headset so you can scream at me to stop flying into buildings and battle ships while I cry back “I’m sorry” like the Canadian bitch i am 🤣

4 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

If SF twitter had this kind of an update like updating Ryu's Donkey Kick it would had been slightly better than Dan reused footage

I don't miss that old Cr. MK. It's outrageously stubby.

Also, while the animation of Donkey Kick is the right one, which makes Capcom look like pricks for actually not using it, it still lacks that impact. I'd have kept the wind effects from the current abomination.

This is why hitstop is important in FGs. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Mattatsu said:

Squadrons is fun so far, but I’m a terrible pilot and I suspect it’s going to take me a bit to settle on the optimal controls. Anyways, this shit apparently has crossplay so let me know if anyone else has/gets it... i also now have a proper headset so you can scream at me to stop flying into buildings and battle ships while I cry back “I’m sorry” like the Canadian bitch i am 🤣

Just fyi the game is 40% off ($23.99 USD) on Steam right now. I’m considering it tbh. Flying ships has always been my favorite part of Star Wars games. 

EAFront2 has good space combat but only like 6 maps so it got repetitive. Still tho...it was fun. Nothing more satisfying than having a guy on your ass then seeing that he crashed in the kill feed after chasing you into a debris field lol.

The 2nd best feeling is when you pull a fancy maneuver to beat some scrub pilot circling you in a dogfight. My favorite trick was waiting for them to pass you then gun the throttle to climb up in a spiral pattern. If done correctly usually you’ll confuse the other guy because on his UI it looks like you’re still circling him but you’re really above him...that extra pass gives you time to escape the circle. Get as high as you can quickly then turn towards the ground right as he realizes what’s happening...

image0.gif

Edited by Vhozite
19 minutes ago, Volt said:

DBFZ delivering it's own brand of Danposting. Two GT characters in one pass? 🤮

Super Ozaru is cool but otherwise this is a no from me...but then to be fair who is left to add at this point? 

Also this game looks so dry even in the trailers...

20 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Super Ozaru is cool but otherwise this is a no from me...but then to be fair who is left to add at this point? 

Also this game looks so dry even in the trailers...

DBS

Vegeta Blue Evolution. 

Toppo/GoD Toppo. 

Cabba

Caulifla

Kale

DB Movies and Fillers and GT

Tapion

Pikkon/Paiku Han

Garlick Jr. 

Slug

Turles

SSJ4 Goku

SSJ4 Vegeta

Pan

1star Shen Long

4Star Shen Long

Super 17

And i am sue people would like other lesser chars. 

3 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Trunks doesn’t have sword normals? Legitimate question...

Pretty much only his heavies, but it's not like Trunks presses buttons anyway.

90% of the time he's just "Haha, flip goes weeeeeeeeeeeee". 🤣

In all seriousness tho, I'm pretty sure only his heavies are sword normals and these are... different in DBFZ  because of the whole Smash/Cinematic Normal system.