Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

Man I'm still saddened and surprised my naggo Dabura isn't in DBFZ yet! He's got a sickass sword, he's a demon and he has the power to turn people to stone... that's a moveset right there. But at the same time I feel if he wasn't on the base roster chances are slim he'd make DLC. I love the guy but he's not exactly a 'PogChamp' type character, y'know? One most people would get excited for, which sucks

Just now, Jocelot said:

Man I'm still saddened and surprised my naggo Dabura isn't in DBFZ yet! He's got a sickass sword, he's a demon and he has the power to turn people to stone... that's a moveset right there. But at the same time I feel if he wasn't on the base roster chances are slim he'd make DLC. I love the guy but he's not exactly a 'PogChamp' type character, y'know? One most people would get excited for, which sucks

Dabura is actually a pretty popular character from what I hear, but...

Not that there's a guarantee Tapion or Dabura would have sword normals. Janemba is pretty much on the same boat as Trunks with his mediums not being sword normals either.

2 minutes ago, Volt said:

Dabura is actually a pretty popular character from what I hear, but...

Oh really? I feel like I barely see the guy mentioned in popularity polls, at least when it comes to DBFZ. 

Overall I can't complain too much, my shortlist of characters I wanted to see in the game was pretty, well, short and honestly 3/5ths are already in. 

Just now, Volt said:

https://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=DBFZ/Janemba

I'm looking at his medium normals right now, but sure, talk your talk. 🤣

Wtf does that have to do with what I said? I said he has plenty of moves involving his sword.

2H,5H, j.5H, 236X, and his level 1 all use his sword. Nobody is asking for any of those moves to be mediums. Imagine Janemba's huge ass 5H being a medium. I'm good. 

27 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

No. He played other games as well, which is why saying goodbye to SFV wasn't that hard for him. He finally realized he just doesn't like the game.

Ok, is just that his reaction felt kind of hard for someone who is not that committed to the game.

Dunno if you know what i mean. 

I usually see people reacting that way when they have been burned out for playing X game extensively to the point that it becomes hatred towards to it. 

Curious how SFV will be remembered in time, and i am not talking about when SF 6 will be a thing. 

I mean in time.  

SF 1 the game that launched it all, super messy , barely qualifies as a fighting game, SF 2 is i think the most iconic one of them all and while unbalanced as shit everybody seems to love it, Alpha series hit and miss, some love it some hate it, 3rd strike the weird roster but everybody loved the  parry system, SF 4 the rebirth of the franchise.

5 ?  Hmm...

Edited by Skort
11 minutes ago, Skort said:

Curious how SFV will be remembered in time, and i am not talking about when SF 6 will be a thing. 

I mean in time.  

SF 1 the game that launched it all, super messy , barely qualifies as a fighting game, SF 2 is i think the most iconic one of them all and while unbalanced as shit everybody seems to love it, Alpha series hit and miss, some love it some hate it, 3rd strike the weird roster but everybody loved the  parry system, SF 4 the rebirth of the franchise.

5 ?  Hmm...

Now people remember SF3 fondly despite for a long time being considered a terrible SF game that almost killed the franchise and/or a failure by a good chunk of the sf fanbase.

Specially when for many SF4 turned into the worst fg ever for them, and nostalgia for SF3 kicked in, lol (although those who hated the SF3 series from the start probably didnt change their mind about it)

And after a while with SFV, a lot of people felt the same for SF4, being better than what we have with SFV.

There are people who genunily think that SFV is the best fg that has existed (morons if you ask me), so for them the image for the game wouldnt change like for those who already liked SF3 and 4.

The interesting thing will be if SF6 continues the downwards spiral of capcom fgs, or in the same vein of their other ips, will have a turn around and will be a return to form of a game that doesnt reek of cheap developement in every aspect.

That will be the defining factor of how people will think about SFV imo.

People tend to forget why they disliked something when they stop playing it for a while, and let their memories be clouded by the stuff that they did find enjoyable, even if the bads outweighted the goods, not to mention that the sf fanbase is masochistyc, and loves to play games they clearly hate, just because the SF brand.

5 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Ok, is just that his reaction felt kind of hard for someone who is not that committed to the game.

Dunno if you know what i mean. 

I usually see people reacting that way when they have been burned out for playing X game extensively to the point that it becomes hatred towards to it. 

Nah, I understand exactly what you're saying. I'm another who has only seen this happen when a game has pushed someone to the limit.

He was streaming RE2 last night, but people kept telling him to play SFV. Not sure if he actually switched games or just got tired of people asking. 

26 minutes ago, TheDarkPhoenix said:

Came to post this, I'm super hype. Never saw this coming, I love DNF

While what I never expected is an FG company that would never hesitate and risk to release multiple FG titles time to time it's like the 90s again.

Maybe this guys really like making Fighting Games. Amazing

Edited by Shakunetsu
1 hour ago, Shakunetsu said:

arcsys is keep on rockin with another new FG... 

I don't know what this is or where it came from, but as long as it has rollback and y'all buy it, I'm IN.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, TheDarkPhoenix said:

Came to post this, I'm super hype. Never saw this coming, I love DNF

What's it all about? I immediately liked the dude with the cool air grab and the paladin-lookin dude with the axe.

I don't know jack about DNF but if it doesn't have rollback, i’m not buying it, but it’s an automatic purchase if it does.

also, @Dayaan i’ll have to touch base with you later about games today. We have a bunch of stuff to do today and not sure when or if I’ll be free. My back is also f’d from shovelling the last two days. I’ll let you know. I may have to postpone till tomorrow if you’re around though

15 minutes ago, misterBee said:

I'm going to do some tweaks to the theme system in the coming week(s). 

Do any of you guys use the site's light themes?  Would people be opposed to having only dark themes?

I originally kept light themes for the sake of accessibility but have no idea how many people actually use them.

I don't.

If the reason for them to exist is accessibility tho, maybe it'd be a good idea to leave one designated light theme.

30 minutes ago, misterBee said:

I'm going to do some tweaks to the theme system in the coming week(s). 

Do any of you guys use the site's light themes?  Would people be opposed to having only dark themes?

I originally kept light themes for the sake of accessibility but have no idea how many people actually use them.

Im using the dark theme with MVC background. It's the best in my phone interms of contrast.

Im always in the lowest brightness.

While in SRK im using the opposite because there dark theme doesn't work well with my mobile screen but not in my desktop.

36 minutes ago, Flighflighflugit said:

make a final fantasy fighting game

I'm a super-casual FF fan (only finished 14 & 15, playing through VIIR and Zodiac Age atm) but that would be something fucking amazing to see, and maybe more, to hear

Edited by JustBrowsing
I'm a dickhead who can't type
20 minutes ago, JustBrowsing said:

I'm a super-casual FF fan (only finished 14 & 15, playing through VIIR and Zodiac Age atm) but that would be something fucking amazing to see, and maybe more, to hear

Would be cool to have iconic characters to represent a bunch of different job classes from different ff's

Looking at that trailer, it looks like they are special cancelling specials. Maybe this is their kof inspired game lol 

Edited by Flighflighflugit