Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

In the arcades that i frequented the top games were either MvC2 and CVS2, GGXXR and CVS2, TTT and SC, or Garou and MvC2.

There were arcades with 3S, but while i wouldnt call them not popular, they were not the bigger ones.

IIRC, there were other arcades where 3S was the main game, but that were in other city.

Most people here dabbed into multiple fgs anyway, so there was a lot of overlap between every fgs.

Plus, we never had the stigma against anime aesthetics like you gringos because here 90% of the animation evryone saw has always been anime.

Since it was cheap, most countries imported anime in bulks, and Mexico, Venezuela and iirc Colombia had a booming dub industry.

We grew up watching a lot of different genres, even some historical animes like Isabelle from Paris and Rose of Versailles.

It was so ubiqutous that even my parents and uncles/aunts gen watched anime, lol.

So they watched anime with us (not every anime, but a good chunk)

3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Well she is Street Fighter's one and only thot.....

I think that more than thot is thirst.

She is a horny teenager that hasnt had chance of a normal life, and because of that she gets more extreme, lol.

She just wants a boyfriend to hold hands 🤣

tenor.gif?itemid=14588244

Edited by Hecatom
1 minute ago, Hecatom said:

I think that more than thot is thirst.

She is a horny teenager that hasnt had chance of a normal life, and because of that she gets more extreme, lol.

She just wants a boyfriend to hold hands 🤣

She's not globe trotting to hold hands fam. Her win quotes are either Ibuki assessing the dude she's fighting or asking the chick she's fighting if they know any dudes.....

1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

You see? This is what I'm talking about. We are talking about SF3 posers. 3S is one of three versions of the game. Don't be like that one dude that said this to me. "Why do you want Sean? He was bad in the only game he was in." I wanted to separate that SF3 fraud from his consciousness.

Tell me what was his reaction when he found out that Sean was busted on 2ndI and that is the reason why he was left wheelchair bound on 3s, 🤣

58 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

You see? This is what I'm talking about. We are talking about SF3 posers. 3S is one of three versions of the game. Don't be like that one dude that said this to me. "Why do you want Sean? He was bad in the only game he was in." I wanted to separate that SF3 fraud from his consciousness.

What the..? I didn't even accuse anyone of being one! I was laughing at the conversation! Stop the shade throwing at people that aren't involved in the conversation!

24 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

What the..? I didn't even accuse anyone of being one! I was laughing at the conversation! Stop the shade throwing at people that aren't involved in the conversation!

Lol, then my bad.

That is why is important to use proper punctuation, a simple "," can change how someone reads a sentence 🤣

Edited by Hecatom
On 12/27/2020 at 7:37 PM, Mr.Cipher said:

Wait, there are version other than 3rd Strike?

How good was Chun-Li in the other versions?

I just remembered you're an 09er the worst way.

lol_chair.gif

On 12/27/2020 at 7:49 PM, Mr.Cipher said:

4e7a5a06afce5681.gif

What gave it away?

I see through that OS fam! 🤣

12 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

I think that is straight up the most wholesome thing in SF fanart anywhere. 

Yeah it all comes from their win quotes against each other. IIRC Laura tells Zeku that she prefers older men and Zeku's win quote is a flirty haiku. As fas as I remember those are the only flirty quotes either has. Laura usually talks about Matsuda Jiu Jitsu or learning from/training with her foe.  Not a Zeku player so I'm not as up on his win quotes. Win quotes are@Doctrine_Dark's area of expertise....well that and kicking peoples ass with Cammy.

Edit:  Forgot to link the info on Rena Genryusai (Guy's fiancée) yesterday.

https://streetfighter.fandom.com/wiki/Genryusai_Family

Edited by Darc_Requiem
17 hours ago, GreatDarkHero said:

Uh huh. She knows what she doin'. 

For real, everytime a tig ol biddy character or a character in a thong pops up in a FG and my wife see, she always say "No one can fight like that, she's going to lose" 

Pretty sure by my wife's logic, if you gave Ivy a sports bra and some full coverage underwear, she'd be the greatest fighting game character of all time

@ Laura players 

How annoying is Guile for Laura ? 

Guile is a matchup I always disliked but don't have that many issues vs him as Juri or Poison.

I fight him ok...ish as Falke or Seth also but can be a struggle at times.

Laura Is a character I want to mess around with a bit on a alt account  same as Karin and the matchup imo is atrocious  for Laura.

Edited by Skort
36 minutes ago, Skort said:

@ Laura players 

How annoying is Guile for Laura ? 

Guile is a matchup I always disliked but don't have that many issues vs him as Juri or Poison.

I fight him ok...ish as Falke or Seth also but can be a struggle at times.

Laura Is a character I want to mess around with a bit on a alt account  same as Karin and the matchup imo is atrocious  for Laura.

So you have been playing SFV again?

tenor_52.gif

I hated playing Guile as Laura. Had to stay at sweep distance to stand a chance. Otherwise I'd get Sonic Boomed to death. Actually characters I like playing always seem to have issues with Guile. Kolin, before VT2, seemed impossible and even after it getting in on him is a pain in the ass outside of V-Trigger. I need to start liking projectile characters. I swear I fair best against him with T-Rex....erm Ryu.