Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

1 hour ago, Skort said:

@ Laura players 

How annoying is Guile for Laura ? 

Guile is a matchup I always disliked but don't have that many issues vs him as Juri or Poison.

I fight him ok...ish as Falke or Seth also but can be a struggle at times.

Laura Is a character I want to mess around with a bit on a alt account  same as Karin and the matchup imo is atrocious  for Laura.

That matchup sucks especially if the guile plays it smart. I rely heavily on saving meter to ex elbow to get through booms or a well timed elbow when they whiff a button.  

I go ham with the pressure when they have no bar and attempt to bait DP when they do because most will panic when Laura is running her shenanigans.

The increased range is definitely nice but most of the Guile fight happens outside of that range. If you get in the pocket the LK Sunset seems good for keeping mixup pressure going but 95% of that fight is just getting into the pocket.

FWIW my experience matches Darc and Illwill. Guile has all the tools to keep Laura at his ranges and hers don't do a lot to help her out. You need to make the most out of openings, bait reversals, and lean on VT1 to plow through rounds.

Its very winnable but feels every bit like your classic grappler vs zoner fight. Maybe even more exaggerated. 

Meanwhile, i have been playing DBFZ and GBFVS.

I am seriously considering finally dropping Vegeta SSJ, i dont really do much with him anymore, specially when compared to Broly and Broly DBS.

Specially against my brothers team of Beerus, Vegitto and Gogeta, lol.

The problem is that i have been playing that opioids addict since day 1

10 minutes ago, Skort said:

If the Rockstar GTA 6 rumors are true i am legit hype tbh.

Two cities and one of them is Vice City ? Damn nice. Set in the 70's and 80's ? Damn nice again.  

I haven't played all games developed by Rockstar, but all the ones that i played i had a blast. 

Yes i also played and want a Bully 2.

For GTA fans I hope it's true but Take Two seem to be content to print that GTA5 Online money 😑

6 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

For GTA fans I hope it's true but Take Two seem to be content to print that GTA5 Online money 😑

Sadly this is so true. 

GTA V online is a money printing machine. 

Look, it's a fun game,i had a blast with V but man do i want it to die.I want to play GTA 6 already. But no...Rockstar be selling those flying bikes instead.

GTA 6 probably quite far in development, but they are holding out on it because if that thing launches with multiplayer ready, it's gonna destroy both GTA V online and RDR 2 online imo.

Edited by Skort

GTA 6 most likely gonna be  PS 5 and Xbox Series X only when it comes to consoles not old gen, with a port to PC probably 1 year later like Rockstar always does. 

In a perfect world it's gonna launch on all 3 platforms at the same time but i don't think it's gonna be the case. 

However, them not launching it on PS 4 and Xbox One i think would be the right call as most likely GTA 6 will be quite a beast.

3 minutes ago, misterBee said:

People hating on endless GTA Online but it's actually a really great game with a ton of things to do.  I spent TONS of time in that game and had a blast the whole time.

Some people don't like to play GTA online fam. They want to just play their classic single player GTA and they've been stuck with GTA5 since the PS3. For those GTA fans, GTA online is the worst thing to happen to them. Something they don't enjoy is robbing them of the chance to get something they do enjoy. I'm not a GTA fan personally but I can't imagine being stuck the same for 3 console generation because of a mode I don't play.

1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Some people don't like to play GTA online fam. They want to just play their classic single player GTA and they've been stuck with GTA5 since the PS3. For those GTA fans, GTA online is the worst thing to happen to them. Something they don't enjoy is robbing them of the chance to get something they do enjoy. I'm not a GTA fan personally but I can't imagine being stuck the same for 3 console generation because of a mode I don't play.

While that sucks, fact of the matter is that there are clearly MORE people who like the online, since it's still healthy after all this time.

Single-player mode lovers may suffer but it seems like they're in the minority.

11 minutes ago, misterBee said:

While that sucks, fact of the matter is that there are clearly MORE people who like the online, since it's still healthy after all this time.

I am sure they arent more.

After all, online modes like GTAO can thrive easily with a smaller subset of the player base thanks to the continuous revenue that they get from mtx and other stuff like that.

Plus, there s the fact that all online games eventually lose over 60% of their player base, only leaving those who are invested, specially true for a game that is as old as GTAO.

I would even say that if the GTA6 rumors are true, then is likely that the decline in player base of GTAO is nearing a point where is no longer profitable enough for Take2, hence they plan to revitalize the golden goose by making a new entry to attarct new players.

22 minutes ago, misterBee said:

That isn't a verifiable fact. GTA Online fans are still getting content. Single player GTA fans have seven year old game that offers them zero incentive to keep playing at this point. GTA games were major sellers long before online was a thing. The truth of the matter is Take Two can rake in tons of profit with little overhead from GTA online where as a GTA6 would probably cost them a couple hundred million dollars to make. 

Edit: Basically GTA Online gets the hate it does because it incentivizes Take Two to keep porting GTA5 to knew platforms just so they gain a new GTA Online revenue stream. Honestly I don't know why they just don't spin GTA Online off into a completely separate thing, continue to release single player GTA games, and rake in the profits from both. As it stands, eventually GTA Online will wane and they'll have to hope single player fans haven't just dipped out for good. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
14 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I doubt this is true. It seems that way because we don't get shit. 

I am sure is not true.

That is like saying that the competitive side of the fg players are the majority because is the one that stays longer with the games.

Most of the player base for any game moves on eventually, we can even meassure an extrapolate how much of the player base for games like GTAO stayed if we take all time sales, sales for places like steam and current trends of concurrent players across the year.

I know we would see that the people who play GTAO are not even close to be half of the total player base that GTAV has going by sales numbers.

Just taking some old data

GTAV sold over 10 million copies on steam by 2018.

We can assume that has moved more units since then, but for the simplicity of the excercise we say it has sold 15 million

https://rockstarintel.com/gta-v-has-sold-over-10-million-copies-on-steam-2

Now lets see how many concurrent players has GTAO right now.

https://steamcharts.com/app/271590

In this month it had an average of 109,691, with a total peak of 258, 539

That is not even 10% of the total playerbase.

And we can see that outside of december (iirc it had a new expansion, right?) , all months have been fluctuating between  less than 80k players in average to 160k in some months at the middle of the year.

With other monts between this year and the previous one even having less than 60k concurrnt players on average.

And that is only on steam.

Is obvious that we will see similar numbers on consoles.

So yeah, the GTAO playerbase is not the majority.

Edited by Hecatom
3 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Just taking some old data

GTAV sold over 10 million copies on steam by 2018.

We can assume that has moved more units since then, but for the simplicity of the excercise we say it has sold 15 million

https://rockstarintel.com/gta-v-has-sold-over-10-million-copies-on-steam-2

Now lets see how many concurrent players has GTAO right now.

https://steamcharts.com/app/271590

In this month it had an average of 109,691, with a total peak of 258, 539

That is not even 10% of the total playerbase.

And we can see that outside of december (iirc it had a new expansion, right?) , all months have been fluctuating between  less than 80k players in average to 160k in some months at the middle of the year.

With other monts between this year and the previous one even having less than 60k concurrnt players on average.

And that is only on steam.

Is obvious that we will see similar numbers on consoles.

So yeah, the GTAO playerbase is not the majority.

I would argue most people buying the game in 2020 are buying it for the MP alone.  I'm sure almost everyone who would have bought it for the single player already did so long ago.

Even if they aren't online or playing concurrently, I bet a lot of the new purchases/downloads are for people who want to play GTAO.

I think it's smart to keep supporting GTA Online because it's something people clearly want, and continue to buy.  Single player games simply do not have the same sales life that online/service games do.

I struggle to think of any single-player, 7 year old game that continues to be purchased by this many people year after year.  (Except maybe Skyrim or something)

5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Based on the previous gens GTA 9 should be out by now.

It's not 2001 anymore.  The type of game people would want GTA 6 to be would require a staggering amount of work and manpower.  Expecting games to release at the same cadence as years past while simultaneously being bigger, more complex, and having better graphics is unrealistic.

Part of the reason they probably cling to GTAO so much is because the amount of work GTA 6 would require is insane.  GTA V itself was already a massive undertaking.

Cyberpunk had a team of over 500 people and was in development for many years, and it's still an unfinished mess.  You can guarantee any modern GTA game will be several times larger in scope.  Comparing how long it takes to make a huge open world game now vs during the PS2 or even PS3 days is a bit ridiculous.

28 minutes ago, misterBee said:

It's not 2001 anymore.  The type of game people would want GTA 6 to be would require a staggering amount of work and manpower.  Expecting games to release at the same cadence as years past while simultaneously being bigger, more complex, and having better graphics is unrealistic.

True games take longer to develop. That said, that has zero to do with why there hasn't been a GTA6. There isn't a GTA6 because of GTA Online. It doesn't take three console generations to make a sequel to GTA. Assassin's Black Flag came out a month after GTAV. There have been five main line sequels (Unity, Syndicate, Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla) released since that point. Polphony Digital is known for taking forever to release sequels to Gran Turismo and GT7 is going to be release before GTA6 is even announced.

Edit: Take Two is far larger than CD Projekt RED. CD Projekt RED works on one game at time. Take Two is on the scale, in size, of Publishers like EA, Activision, and Ubisoft. Which reminds me, the Watch Dog franchise didn't exist when GTAV released and it's already on it's third game.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
5 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

True games take longer to develop. That said, that has zero to do with why there hasn't been a GTA6. There isn't a GTA6 because of GTA Online. It doesn't take three console generations to make a sequel to GTA. Assassin's Black Flag came out a month after GTAV. There have been five main line sequels (Unity, Syndicate, Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla) released since that point. Polphony Digital is known for taking forever to release sequels to Gran Turismo and GT7 is going to be release before GTA6 is even announced.

AC games are open world, but definitely have nowhere near the complexity of a GTA or Red Dead.  Racing games are also nowhere near as complicated.

If GTAO didn't exist GTA 6 might come sooner, but it would probably still not be out by now.

Red Dead II started preliminary development in 2010, and it came out only 2 years ago.

People have come to expect ALL the bells and whistles when a GTA comes out, and the work required to do something like that only increases over time.

2 hours ago, misterBee said:

snip

Nigga, you can imagine they bought it for GTAO all you want but the numbers dont lie.

For how much the game has sold, not even 1 percent of it is playing online.

That is very telling of what really is happening.

The majority of the people who bought GTA5 are not playing GTAO.

The GTAO fans are not the majority.

Edited by Hecatom
32 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Nigga, you can imagine they bought it for GTAO all you want but the numbers dont lie.

For how much the game has sold, not even 1 percent of it is playing online.

That is very telling of what really is happening.

The majority of the people who bought GTA5 are not playing GTAO.

The GTAO fans are not the majority.

LOL you and I will probably never agree on anything and that's ok.

All I know is that Rockstar's method is doing just fine for them so clearly they're doing something right.  You don't make money selling something people don't want -- if a big single player GTA was as desperately needed as some people seem to think then they would have done it.

18 minutes ago, misterBee said:

LOL you and I will probably never agree on anything and that's ok.

All I know is that Rockstar's method is doing just fine for them so clearly they're doing something right.  You don't make money selling something people don't want -- if a big single player GTA was as desperately needed as some people seem to think then they would have done it.

Duhhh.

Is easier to make money barely doing anything and selling mtx than doing a big scope game, that is obvious.

It is the sole reason why many big publishers have been pushing for the live service game model.

Since you dont need to spend a lot of resources into the game, and you can reap big bucks with a smaller player base.

But is clear by the number of concurrent players that they sooner or later will need to bring new players by doing a new GTA main game to bring new players to a new online component.

And yeah, we probably will not agree much as long as you keep being wrong on everything you post, lol.

Edited by Hecatom
8 hours ago, misterBee said:

AC games are open world, but definitely have nowhere near the complexity of a GTA or Red Dead.  Racing games are also nowhere near as complicated.

If GTAO didn't exist GTA 6 might come sooner, but it would probably still not be out by now.

Red Dead II started preliminary development in 2010, and it came out only 2 years ago.

People have come to expect ALL the bells and whistles when a GTA comes out, and the work required to do something like that only increases over time.

Yes that don't have the complexity but 5 games and two graphics engines aren't whipped up in a day. You seem to think that there is no GTA6 because of increasing scope of development. You can't release something you aren't making. GTA6 got put on ice when they saw the money they were making in GTA Online minimal financial expense. Take Two is a greedy company that takes the most low effort path to cash. This is the same company that put unskippable ads in their NBA2K games. A game that sells so well EA has all but given up competing with them. 

I haven't touched GTAO in 5 years, but I had one of my most hilarious gaming moments playing it:

My old gamertag had "papi" in it. It used to be my nick-name when I played sports as a kid. I was just doing GTAO stuff, and a lowrider pulls up next to me and starts honking. I was pretty broke, so I didn't care if I died so I got in the back seat. 

The car takes me to a parking lot full of lowriders, which a bunch of players just standing around shooting the shit. 

One of the guys directs to me a car, then I start getting friend requests and messages. 

They're all in spanish. These guys thought I was mexican and were giving me a car and like $250,000 or something just cause lol. 

When they told me to get on the mic I told them I didn't have one and that I'm a gringo. They told me "that's fine, you seem cool" and I ran with that crew for like a month 

@KingTubbThat's hilarious fam. I got no story that to cool. Only thing I got was being gifted the best weapon for my class in Everquest 1. I was Erudite Paladin. Basically the least popular class in the game. People kept thinking I was Cleric asking how was I wielding a sword etc. I was running through a zone one day and I see another Erudite Paladin. He's high level and he walks up to me and just hands me the sword for free. He was just happy to see another Erudite Paladin and wanted to help out. I didn't even know what to say. Thank you seemed to not be enough.

10 hours ago, misterBee said:

The scale of game development has ballooned and I'm not even sure it's leading to games that are particularly better than the old ones. Just bloated, overly long ones and sometimes also with homogeneous looks and feelings.

I'm just concerned that "middle-sized" games and developers may become a dying breed, and that by the end of it the only things that will remain will be AAA studios with thousands of employees and indie ones made up of 5 people max (until they too get bought if they ever become too successful).

16 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

The scale of game development has ballooned and I'm not even sure it's leading to games that are particularly better than the old ones. Just bloated, overly long ones and sometimes also with homogeneous looks and feelings.

I'm just concerned that "middle-sized" games and developers may become a dying breed, and that by the end of it the only things that will remain will be AAA studios with thousands of employees and indie ones made up of 5 people max (until they too get bought if they ever become too successful).

I don't think mid sized devs will fade away. One of the benefits of digital is that makes it easier for smaller developers to sell their games. Greedfall was a AA game that scratched my itch for a Bioware type RPG. Since Bioware making subpar looter shooter, they weren't an option. Greedfall wasn't super high budget but it was a well made and engaging game. 

13 hours ago, Hecatom said:

I know that i already said this before on SRK.

But i would love that Ryu was allowed to grow gameplay wise from the basic bitch archetype.

Add a new character to be the basic bitch, and allow Ryu to evolve.

Ryu could have a legit niche as the Damage and Defense-focused shoto.

Double down on the basic bitch but let him style off EX Tatsu and EX Donkey.

It ain't like he'll ever have the tools to be competing with Akuma and even Ken.

I don't trust Sega with this VF shit. 

But honestly, I'd be happy with a legacy collection. I don't even need good netcode or any of that shit. I'd pick it up if it had all the games on one disc, cause by the time it drops I'm hoping locals will be happening again so I'll actually have people to play. 

There's a tiny but really passionate VF scene in my city, with one of the people responsible for bringing VF5 to combo breaker last year. I know if it was on modern consoles she'd be hosting tournaments every chance she had