Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

8 minutes ago, Skort said:

Yea i don't know why the are hyping Dan so much. 

I mean, it's just Dan. Is there any point ?  

I think it's further pissing off people that didn't want him in the first place, constantly reminding them of what's to come.

Juri: "At least Ryo Sakazaki and that Yuri girl are funny. Playing Dan is like going to the club... to look at the DJ. Fuck outta here, Capcom." 

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, Skort said:

Yea i don't know why the are hyping Dan so much. 

I mean, it's just Dan. Is there any point ?  

I think it's further pissing off people that didn't want him in the first place, constantly reminding them of what's to come.

Dan is insanely popular with casuals and being that he's in a game that cares about game balance more than previous iterations apart from 4, he might wind up being more than viable.

HK Danku is going to be +4 on block or something.  

Just now, Skort said:

Not hating on Dan, and tbh this late into the game's life i couldn't care less who they add.

Which is why he's getting added because casuals know who he is and anyone who was somehow waiting on him might boost the numbers a bit now that he's coming.  

I could see him getting more moved units than any of the other folks this cycle unless the mystery 5th character is something like Kiryu or HUNK

Edited by Psychoblue
10 minutes ago, Skort said:

I'm gonna try out Akira as i kinda dig her  visual design and maybe some Oro ,but no old man will replace Gouken for me.

Akira cool but girl looks like she hasn't slept in about one week.  Still, will be trying her.

SFVakirakazama.jpg

akira-rs-pose.png

Because the CFN website has characters from doujinshi read by maybe 20 people as official canon characters now, I can now safely say there's a storyline reason for that as one of these things happened in the Drama CD and the other happened in Project Justice.

1)  her boyfriend was Hyo's lackey and later committed suicide when Hyo ordered him to neutralize Akira

2) her older brother went missing which necessitated the whole biker helmet disguise (her gimmick was OMG A GIRL like King in AoF when she was rocking the helmet the first time) and depending what route you take the said brother is killed.  I'd be surprised if the brother is killed off like that but eh.  

Edited by Psychoblue

I would have been much more hyped if these characters were teased for sf6. I mean I'll still check it out but I'm not waiting anxiously to see what else they add to the game. Even the new game mechanic is meh. 

I understand covid and issues developing the new game but I'd rather them use all this time and energy getting the next game ready. 

They've already wasted 3 years and 11 months on SFV, the only month that was worth the effort was Menat. Oh well I give them 2 months worth of effort since Falkes Thighs and Ass are Top notch german Quality.

I'm still in belive that SFVI will be even worse, but Capcom might still surprise me and I stay fair to not judge a game until I get my finger on it.

In other News, next month is the next Character Trailer for Strive, I assume they drop the Antagonist, aka the next female Boss, of this game.

6 hours ago, Illwill88 said:

It's nice to have have some new fg's coming up. 

I

the virtua fighter project is easily the fighting game I'm the most hype for. If it has good netcode it's a wrap as far as what I'll be playing. 

But personally I see sega being the most likely to cut corners on netcode.

Funny enough.

VF5 on PS3 had a good netcode for what i remember.

I could play with a friend on Mexico while in Honduras without lag at all, while we couldnt play shit on games like Tekken 6, SFIV or MVC3 

11 minutes ago, Skort said:

Menat is cool but not my thing.

I personally also like how Seth looks visually. Actually wouldn't mind seeing "her" back in SF 6.

It's just a cool design.

5036070041310b40c79ccbb99dbd9126.jpg

*sigh* Capcom could have just made a specifically female clone of Seth with a proper feminine voice. 

Instead of it being Seth himself turning himself into a female. That's the only real turn, for me that is. 

Just now, GreatDarkHero said:

*sigh* Capcom could have just made a specifically female clone of Seth with a proper feminine voice. 

Instead of it being Seth himself turning himself into a female. That's the only real turn, for me that is. 

I'm talking purely visuals. Seth looks cool.

Having a male voice is fucked up though. There is a female voice mod out there but it's kinda bad.  

The Seth SFV story was bad. 

Juri turns him on, puts in a female body cause whatevs, Seth goes mad , Juri is like " not my problem" and leaves. 

Actually if you think about it, Seth kinda has a terrible fate in the end. Imagine loosing your sanity forever having the obsession of hunting down a Bison that does not even exist anymore. 

4 minutes ago, Skort said:

When are we getting the VF news anyway ?  I actually haven't played a single VF game.

If you had PSN+ by the time it got released, then you probably have it.

It was given as a psn+ game the day it launched.

I still bought mine since i love VF and wanted to support AM2

Just now, Hecatom said:

If you had PSN+ by the time it got released, then you probably have it.

It was given as a psn+ game the day it launched.

I still bought mine since i love VF and wanted to support AM2

Much appreciated for the information. 

I lack a console though.

3 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

Which is why he's getting added because casuals know who he is and anyone who was somehow waiting on him might boost the numbers a bit now that he's coming.  

Are there that many casuals left on SFV? Game is a 5yo last gen title that had a trash launch to boot.

If Capcom wants casual money they can start by making a complete launch title lol 

There could be some casuals (the game has been on sale multiple times, and the base game was made free to all psn+ subscribers at one point), but the majority left the game already.

Right now we only have the Hardcore and Enthusiasts.

There probably are fans of Dan on those segments, but tbh, i doubt he ever got that mass appeal outside being a joke character.

Dunno, but i feel that capcom is overstimating Dans popularity in this case.

I think most people including some of his fans dont mind him being on the game, when is at launch or a revision.

But most people probably arent willing to pay for him as a DLC char, even less when the game is on the way out.

4 hours ago, Illwill88 said:

I would have been much more hyped if these characters were teased for sf6. I mean I'll still check it out but I'm not waiting anxiously to see what else they add to the game. Even the new game mechanic is meh. 

I understand covid and issues developing the new game but I'd rather them use all this time and energy getting the next game ready. 

This is kinda where I'm at.  I was hyped for S5 when I thought we were getting a summer character dump...but then they went on to tell us to wait for a year and a half.   At this point, we all just want to see SF6.  Even Tokido said it recently in an interview with Harada.  

Oh well, I'm hype for the KOF 15 reveal tomorrow.  

Edited by HeavensCloud
2 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

College Sean?

Lucky Glauber and that basketball isn't a taunt. Dude straight up fights with it. Only dude on that KOF team that wasn't a shit design was Heavy D. Brian Battler was stupid but fucking Lucky needs to be hit by a bus full of Lizzos then backed over by it, and then they park on his ass to be sure. That dude comes back I'm joining @RSG3on the KOF hate train.

The time I really played Dan back in the day was just in MVSF because I could pair him with somebody with potential and MVSF wasn't as broken like other Mahvel titles.

SVC Dan looks intersting from new specials but with all the Mr Karate, Ryo and the bunch of shoto  in that game he won't take popularity and people would go  instead to play the iconic characters that he is  inspired with.

Dan is better as an NPC character for future SF titles IMHO. 

Many casual character that people just wanted for the sake of being there or for the curiousity of reimagining them but not being strongly into the characer like wanting them to buy or play with,  So they should be just be an NPC . 

Edited by Shakunetsu
4 hours ago, BornWinner said:

I remember there was a time when Juri’s profile listed one of her likes as big breasts.

It got removed when on SFV they made her breasts bigger (as in profile info, being a bigger cup now) than  what used to be on SFIV.

I guess that since she has bigger boobs than before now, is no longer need to state it as part of her likes, lol.

Edited by Hecatom
9 hours ago, Hecatom said:

I hope Zarina, Luong, Mian and Silvie come back for KofXV, would say throw Heart and Mui Mui too, but those last 2 are on a murkier area due being from other worlds, lol

I'm hoping for Elizabeth, Luong and Vanessa.

Even though I'll probably pick 3 shotos as soon as I start losing. 🤣

50 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I actually filled out the vendor info at B&N. So I can actually sell my trash tier book. sonero you may not remember but thanks for pushing to do so last year. I never forgot. I'm just an over thinker that takes forever to move on major decisions.

I actually work at Barnes and Noble rn. When I go in tomorrow I’m gonna look for your book to confirm 👀