Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

12 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

So early thoughts on Falke?

Didn't get to play much yesterday due to work being a bit of a fucker.

I agree with DevilJin's assessment that she is more of a traditional SF style zoning character than someone like Menat, who is like if Dhalsim had an anime baby. 

I like that aspect of her (more "traditional" pokes and fireball game) but I haven't been a fan of the "buttons for specials" implementation and likewise holding a button to charge a special has never been something that I groked. 

I want to keep messing with her to give myself a chance to get adjusted to the different mechanics, but I found Menat more accessible and fun out of the gate so I may end up just sticking with her. We'll see though.

4 hours ago, GetTheTables said:

She's definitely not as cute as Sakura. 😉

I do like Falke's attitude based on some of the win quotes I've seen and having played through her Story mode.

She has a nice attitude, personality and looks.

I like her. But no command inputs means a big nope for me.

Besides, I just now started to understand Sakura and her mesmerizing smile. I don't want to lose all the progress I got and derank back to bronze again trying to learn another new character. 😛

4 hours ago, Bea_Iank said:

She has a nice attitude, personality and looks.

I like her. But no command inputs means a big nope for me.

Besides, I just now started to understand Sakura and her mesmerizing smile. I don't want to lose all the progress I got and derank back to bronze again trying to learn another new character. 😛

Yeah the no commands thing is goofy. It is nice from a hit confirm perspective as it is easy to just slap 2/3 buttons on a hit but I still prefer the traditional motions. Hitting 3P/3K for EX moves throws me.

Holding P really gets me. Not at the basic level, but trying to do that while also playing normally is tricky and sort of cramps my hand. 😉 But there are other characters like Birdie or Boxer where people have been holding buttons since they came out so I figure least I can do is try to get used to it.

Also practically I'd say that there isn't a great reason to learn Falke if you're playing Sakura. Sak seems just as good if not better than Falke. So the only reason to really pick her up is if you super dig her.

I've always wanted a decent compliment character to Laura and Falke seems like she may fit that. Her play style is a good inverse and I think she may be a bit better in some of the match ups where Laura has a rougher time. Menat definitely covers those match ups but she is also higher maintenance than I think Falke is.

Menat is definitely much higher maintenance than Falke.

If you are looking for a Laura compliment, Falke might be the right fit for that as she is a long distance character and her pew pew style might be quite good despite the first day impressions by some high level players.

I am still bothered by the lack of command inputs, though. Would make playing her much better instead of Ed like inputs.

Yeah I almost picked up Ed but veered off him due to 2 buttons specials and piano'ing. Similar to Falke I was iffy on the 2 button (or less) specials but that extra component was enough to make me pass on 'em.

It would be sort of interesting if they kept rolling out Ed Crew characters in future seasons that had a similar gimmick. I hope we get the gorilla next. 

1 hour ago, mykka said:

I like Infil but this calling characters shit in less than a day is getting annoying. Like it's a meme at this point. You aren't gonna win a premier with a day 1 character after 0 hours grinding them out. I know that with SFV having pretty set tiers and characters having obvious tools that make them good or bad doesn't mean you can be like "yeah no 3f so this characters is worse than Vega".

Infil is much much much better player but I'm not gonna stroke this guys pro player balls just because he's calling her the worst.

Also I feel like by now it's been established that DLC gonna is come out the oven half baked till Capcom sees what's going on. It took a year of Kolin players trying to place high before Capcom threw us a bone.  

2 hours ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

I like Infil but this calling characters shit in less than a day is getting annoying. Like it's a meme at this point. You aren't gonna win a premier with a day 1 character after 0 hours grinding them out. I know that with SFV having pretty set tiers and characters having obvious tools that make them good or bad doesn't mean you can be like "yeah no 3f so this characters is worse than Vega".

Infil is much much much better player but I'm not gonna stroke this guys pro player balls just because he's calling her the worst.

Also I feel like by now it's been established that DLC gonna is come out the oven half baked till Capcom sees what's going on. It took a year of Kolin players trying to place high before Capcom threw us a bone.  

You aren't just gonna dickride the common consensus opinion about a character, and instead form your own?

Who the fuck do you think you are? DevilJin or something? 

Get in line with the rest of us sheeple. 

😬

Got a chance to mess around with Falke a bit yesterday.

Hold P definitely fucks with me. Actually holding down the button isn't as much of a problem as I thought it might be, but what is a problem is hitting some other button combos while doing so. Hitting KK is theoretically possible but I think would give me vicious crab hands doing too much, and I can't hit the other two P buttons at the same time for her uppercut.

The uppercut thing isn't so big of an issue since hitting the 3P button shortcuts to PP when you're already holding a button. I don't think the thrust kick is a big deal either since for my baby brain I'm only doing that off of double medium confirms so I won't be charging. Theoretically it'd be great to be able to hit confirm st.HP into KK while also holding charge, but realistically for now fuck that.

She's definitely not lighting the world on fire but I think she could be fun. Looking forward to trying her out in some matches this weekend. Should be a magnificent clusterfuck.

20 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

Got a chance to mess around with Falke a bit yesterday.

Hold P definitely fucks with me. Actually holding down the button isn't as much of a problem as I thought it might be, but what is a problem is hitting some other button combos while doing so. Hitting KK is theoretically possible but I think would give me vicious crab hands doing too much, and I can't hit the other two P buttons at the same time for her uppercut.

The uppercut thing isn't so big of an issue since hitting the 3P button shortcuts to PP when you're already holding a button. I don't think the thrust kick is a big deal either since for my baby brain I'm only doing that off of double medium confirms so I won't be charging. Theoretically it'd be great to be able to hit confirm st.HP into KK while also holding charge, but realistically for now fuck that.

She's definitely not lighting the world on fire but I think she could be fun. Looking forward to trying her out in some matches this weekend. Should be a magnificent clusterfuck.

Yeah, the KKK and the PPP buttons on the stick are your friend in this case.

I will be up for matches during the weekend if you want to try her against a scrub Sakura.

33 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Only do so if you really want to play the game. Don't force yourself to play if you aren't into it.

F that. Join us! Peer pressure! 👹

SFV is still very SFV, and Falke is very much an SFV character. So its not going to be very different, aside from the fun of playing folks from here. Which does count for a lot!

If SFV doesn't work out misterBee and I have been running animu games, but I'm a console peasant so only on PS4 and none of the animu devs sprung for full cross play.

22 minutes ago, Bea_Iank said:

I will be up for matches during the weekend if you want to try her against a scrub Sakura.

For sure. My Falke is -1 XP so I'm not sure what all I can do with her in a match but I'm interested in learning. If nothing else I can be a more lively training dummy. 😁

45 minutes ago, Bea_Iank said:

I don't use PPP or KKK buttons. It is a silly hang up really. Let over from the arcade days. I wouldn't use anything that couldn't directly carry over to an arcade cabinet. I also don't use input shortcuts. In both cases, I need to get over it.

5 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I don't use PPP or KKK buttons. It is a silly hang up really. Let over from the arcade days. I wouldn't use anything that couldn't directly carry over to an arcade cabinet. I also don't use input shortcuts. In both cases, I need to get over it.

I'm the same way. I used to use shortcut buttons all the time but I've cycled off of that and only use them when a game has really wonky button combos or ones that I drop all the time (which doesn't come up too often and definitely isn't in SFV).

However it has come in quite handy while messing with Falke. Makes it much easier for me to hit the EXs and its the only way in hell I'll ever uppercut while holding charge (assuming that I react in time to uppercut anything of course).

The director of SFV has been Tweeting about Falke/Neo Shadaloo lore:

Falke's birthday is May 25. Such info will be published in an official capacity in the future.

Falke considers herself Ed's older sister and is very protective of him.

Falke grew up in an area of the Shadaloo facility where German was spoken.

The limited edition e-Capcom book contains small hints about the Neo Shadaloo mystery.

"Gorilla-kun" has a proper backstory, and his real name has meaning.

19 minutes ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

I’m not using PPP and KKK by hitting all the buttons. I’m on Pad so I’m macroed as fuck fam. 

We #shortkutssquad

I can see young Twinblades using touchscreen controls on his 3DS and winning his matches via Sonic Boom spam 😁

@mykka We all know "Gorilla-kun's" real name is Rooflemonger 😉

Edited by Darc_Requiem
23 hours ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

Falke suxz

Let it be on record I said this as soon as trailer appeared

23 hours ago, Bea_Iank said:

Sakura is the best waifu.

And has a smile you cannot deny!

Honestly, her character selection screen is awkward, but in game, she looks fine.

11 hours ago, mykka said:

Falke grew up in an area of the Shadaloo facility where German was spoken.

Hey you know what our evil criminal organization needs?  Areas where people speak different languages for no reason!  That way different parts of the organization won't understand each other, and everyone will be unable to work together!  HAHA! 

I don't think anything takes the Ken face cake (that would be a fun birthday surprise).

But they definitely could have picked a better angle for Falke in the character select screen. I think part of it is that the art production for the characters in this game is all over the grid, and part of it is probably wanting to try to have some variety in the poses. I'd be interested if anyone could dink around with modding it and see what other angles did for her.

She definitely looks better in game and during her win pose.

One thing that bugs me about her, watching matches: her normal line delivery and her "hit" sounds don't match up for me. Her voice quotes are all in the reserved, cool tone, but her hit lines are all sort of shrill yells. Almost sounds like it is two different voice tracks/VAs. Maybe its supposed to be her facade breaking or something like that, but I am also unsure if Capcom thought that much about it. 😉

9 hours ago, Bea_Iank said:

Falke buttons have really long reach and are nigh impossible to beat and react against in lag.

I fail to see how she is any bad. She can be really difficult to approach and that standing hit low is a pain to deal with.

Yeah trying to counter poke or whiff punish stuff in any lag is miserable. On top of how much of a pain in the ass it is in this game to begin with. At least Falke's staff has a hurtbox unlike Menat's orbs; I definitely ate some hits while trying to poke with F+HP.

Falke is really weird. I like her, but she is weird. I am glad that I played Menat before playing her, otherwise I probably would have just given up immediately. She doesn't have the same poking game that Menat does but she does require a similar overall approach, including kissing your ass goodbye if you eat a jump-in (though at least Falke has an EX DP).

On 4/27/2018 at 3:17 AM, misterBee said:

Hey you know what our evil criminal organization needs?  Areas where people speak different languages for no reason!  That way different parts of the organization won't understand each other, and everyone will be unable to work together!  HAHA! 

Apparently it was badly translated. She was raised in the german facility of Shadaloo.