Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

I was driving home and couldn’t really see because of the rain. So naturally I grabbed my phone and held it up to the windshield to try and illuminate the street. 

Realized my mistake immediately, but early reports are that I might actually be stupid 

I've done that before in Pakistan when riding our motorcycle...

1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

I’m not trying to be funny or a mood killer but do we know EVO is happening this year?

I want to go to an event this year for sure. 

According to the last statement, it's implied so. I'm unsure. In any case, I'm trying to arrange for Combo Breaker, so if we get EVO, it'll just be a bonus.

5 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Closed tab as soon as he said "trump supporters allegedly". I will not give my time for people who wish to deny reality. 

TBF, anti trump supporters do that all the time.

And this comes from some one who does think that tump is an idiot.

As an outside observer, i find amusing how both sides do the smae shit all the time, but complain about the other doing it.

Is fucking amusing.

Edit

Plus what he said, is not as bad as many people want to believe.

I seen worse shit being said by the people who is demonizing him.

Edited by Hecatom
2 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

TBF, anti trump supporters do that all the time.

And this comes from some one who does think that tump is an idiot.

As an outside observer, i find amusing how both sides do the smae shit all the time, but complain about the other doing it.

Is fucking amusing.

The thing is there's no "alleged" in this situation. The people who stormed the capitol were Trump supporters and they were there to stop congress from collecting the electoral votes to verify Biden's election win. They were carrying his flag, wearing his MAGA hat, hilariously carrying blue lives matter stuff as they assault police and chanting stop the steal.  I can understand not wanting to believe that people in your camp would do that but they were his people out there. Wanting to continue to deny like it wasn't tells me he refuses to see the reality of the situation. Unless some responsibly is taken there's no moving forward. 

Did my easy mode speedrun of Strider.  An hour:42.  Pretty happy with it, my goal was sub 2 hours since I hit 2:15 on normal difficulty without proper strats. 

Having said this, I don't think I have what it takes to be a speedrunner. I get so angry with that gotta go fast mentality that every errant button press just pisses me right off.    

Plus, the awful cutscenes in Research cannot be skipped.  

In related news:

I think I’m hooked on FF7R. I beat it this weekend and started replaying it from the start immediately afterwards.

I can’t seem to focus at work today and keep thinking about it, and questions I have regarding the story/lore. It was very well done.

I was annoyed with the combat for the middle part of the game but realized I just didn’t understand it well enough. 

Edited by Mattatsu
9 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

I think I’m hooked on FF7R. I beat it this weekend and started replaying it from the start immediately afterwards.

I can’t seem to focus at work today and keep thinking about it, and questions I have regarding the story/lore. It was very well done.

I was annoyed with the combat for the middle part of the game but realized I just didn’t understand it well enough. 

Meanwhile, I'm just here wishing it'd get ported to PC so I'd be able to play it one day. 😭

1 hour ago, Volt said:

Meanwhile, I'm just here wishing it'd get ported to PC so I'd be able to play it one day. 😭

Hopefully that happens. It was a great experience.

Anyone know of good FF games with similar combat? I really don’t want turn-based stuff... I don’t mind navigating menus for items and stuff in between the evading and melee combat, but if you can assign shortcuts to key attacks and use stronger spells (like you can in FF7R), then it’s not as bad.

Edited by Mattatsu

G: "Now, listen! All the people of this very Earth! I am your new president! You, young lady, are law enforcement, yes? I think the Interpol is need of proper guidance! Away from Bison! Away from that Gill fellow! Away from their foolish pursuit of their justice! I can provide some real justice among the people here! First we got to- 

Spoiler

Chun-Li: "You talk too much." 

G: "W-wait, WHAT?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING? NO!!!" 

Chun-Li: "HYYAH!!" 

G: "ACK?!" 

1 hour ago, GreatDarkHero said:

G: "Now, listen! All the people of this very Earth! I am your new president! You, young lady, are law enforcement, yes? I think the Interpol is need of proper guidance! Away from Bison! Away from that Gill fellow! Away from their foolish pursuit of their justice! I can provide some real justice among the people here! First we got to- 

Hide contents

Chun-Li: "You talk too much." 

G: "W-wait, WHAT?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING? NO!!!" 

Chun-Li: "HYYAH!!" 

G: "ACK?!" 

Broly is fukkin ridiculous. I didn't even know that juggle was possible and he literally did it with his face.

Glad to see he's still putting in work. 

2 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Jesus that is a clutch kill but can we talk about the ridiculously low damage Chun is doing? The last like 4 attacks are doing 20 damage each between scaling and guts ffs.

That's what pisses me off and this problem extends to multiple characters in this game, specifically after the first few updates. Because, most of the characters were hitting like trucks (at the time) when the beta and the first few patches were out. 

I've shown this before but Chun-Li *can* at least get 500 damage (no jump in heavy button or a CC) but she has a better time doing this in the corner. 

The problem sort of reminds me of Mai Shiranui in XIII where her normals were impressive, her meterless damage output amounts to absolute hot pile of shit. 

@KingTubb and @Hecatom, I just downloaded Samsho 2019 on my PS4, and I should be able to play sometime this weekend, if any of you are around.

does any else have this on PS4?

also, I gotta say, while I have only done the tutorial and watched a few videos from Roofie, I am really impressed with what I’ve seen so far. I don’t think someone could have made a game more stylistically for me if I hired them to make it. I really should have got this at launch; I was too hung up with the delay netcode (which I haven’t even tried). Honestly, if I like the game enough, I’ll find a way to play it, even if it’s just to beat my scores in time trial mode or some shit

Edited by Mattatsu
2 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

@KingTubb and @Hecatom, I just downloaded Samsho 2019 on my PS4, and I should be able to play sometime this weekend, if any of you are around.

does any else have this on PS4?

also, I gotta say, while I have only done the tutorial and watched a few videos from Roofie, I am really impressed with what I’ve seen so far. I don’t think someone could have made a game more stylistically for me if I hired them to make it. I really should have got this at launch; I was too hung up with the delay netcode (which I haven’t even tried). Honestly, if I like the game enough, I’ll find a way to play it, even if it’s just to beat my scores in time trial mode or some shit

Good, lets give a try and see if the connection between us is not ass, lol.

Send me a friend request, my psn id is Hecatom, with capital H at the start.

I really love this game, but i cant fault people for being aprehensive with the delay netcode in this case, the online is a shoot in the dark.

You can have great connections with people you didnt expect, and have problems with connections you thought were a given. 😅

Just to give you an idea.

This is me playing with someone in japan

The problem is not really the delay, since the game has the bennefit of being a slow almost not combos kind of game, plus it has a lenient input buffer, so the delay usually is not a real problem.

The issue is that the game struggles to connect you once a desynch happens.

So, when in other games, wher this thing happens you end having an input lag spike or a rollback, with this game you usually end with a lost connection scenario.

Edited by Hecatom

Double post.

Check those channels that upload Samsho online tournaments with certain frequency.

https://www.youtube.com/c/EastLondonFighters/videos (They also have Tekken 7 and SC6 weekly tournaments)

https://www.youtube.com/user/angelapickles  (Here you get most of the WNF weekly tournaments)

https://www.youtube.com/user/gatoraykof (Uploads both Samsho and KOF14, plus other SNK titles)

BTW, dunno if you took advantage of it, but the old games with rollback were given for free on the Epic store, so those games are also an option to play in the future as well 🙂

Edited by Hecatom
5 hours ago, Hecatom said:

BTW, dunno if you took advantage of it, but the old games with rollback were given for free on the Epic store, so those games are also an option to play in the future as well 🙂

Yeah, i did grab the collection from the Epic store.... I completely forgot about it though, lol. I don’t really like playing games on my laptop, but we can try that if 2019 is ass.

and thanks for the other links

Edited by Mattatsu