Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@EdmundImage URLs have to end in .jpg , .gif, png, etc. Imgur links, particularly on mobile, make that simple act more difficult that it should be.

That explains. Lol. Thanks Darc! 

@Dayaan of course I'm watching Conor vs Poirier. Hope we have a nice KO so we can use the gif on people who quote X-kira 🤣

Edited by Edmund

I kinda wanna watch Michael Chandler VS Street Jesus next. Chandler vs Gaethje would be fun too. I don't follow Bellator but Chandler was impressive. 

Dan Hooker isn't a gatekeeper. He's actually legit and for Chandler to destroy him means he's really good. 

@FlackaveliI have a money match coming up. The idea is that I and my opponent have a week to learn a new character and use them. I got Seth, he has Kolin.

I spent about 30 mins in training mode. Here are my notes.

Spoiler

- V Reversal on Hands
- St.LP > St.LK is a hitconfirm and frametrap. Add in St.MP as a second frametrap and confirm in TC.
- Use Tatsu for KD when possible. Am +2 on H Tatsu
- Every special is unsafe except for H Oras, H Tatsu and EX Oras
- H Oras only combo after St.HP; can go into Cr.LP for an extension.
- Sideswitch only available in V Trigger.
- Buffers aren't too strong vs Kolin
- AA with St.HK
- Crouch teching is important. Only do delay techs with it, since dash up plays only lead to that.
- Don't use V-Skill. Too risky in this matchup for almost no reward.
- No fireballs, so can't zone. Use strong jump ins, and mainly for crossups. Kolin has only 1 good AA and it's situational.
- EX DP more. Make the throw game a layer deeper this way. Carries more risk for the attacker as Seth resets to neutral.
- EX Tatsu gives a Dragon Ball combo. Use it. 
- Use Tsurugi. L Tsurugi is fast, and may combo after CH. Makes it so that AAs on Seth are unviable.
- Use dash up throw. He doesn't have the reactions to deal with it
- Use Emperor Punch. Goes into TC. Hitconfirmable, but on the edge of human ability.
- Use more Cr.MK. 
- Poke with St.MK. Anything else carries huge risk.
- Can't whiff punish with DP or super.
- 6HK is overhead. 3HK is low. Use this for conditioning. 
- AA from far with Cr.HK. Use it to activate.
- Don't whiff punish with sweep. It's too slow. Establish a game where the opponent walks back, then use it as a callout - only when you can activate.
- Kolin's St.LK is a strong buffer. Goes just over the length of Seth St.LP
- All versions of Kolin Hands are punishable in V-Trigger
- Don't let her get away with that BS Slide. Do something. LP Oras are pretty safe. Can only be properly whiff punished with EX Hands, so that's a resource wasted. If they drop the punish, Hands are punishable
- This is HUGE. St.HP is punishable with Seth's Cr.LP. Go into Oras! Go into H DP!
- Kolin's overhead is punishable with TC > anything. Awesome.

What else should I watch out for?

Btw, @Vhoziterecommended you.

Edited by Dayaan
5 hours ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

man these mother fuckers really be doing all this work for a game everyone is gonna play for 1 day 

I’m still buying it lmao 

That's that good shit, but I couldn't help but laugh at the Tutorial Mode as the first mode to be shown. That ain't a seller man, come on.

Also "The story takes place in the U.S.A.".They doing *everything* to try and get more westerners into it. 🤣

Pretty interesting that the Shill Pass 1 got 5 extra characters *and* story content.

Sons a bitches finally found the keys to my wallet. 😭

If people who are so hyped for the game now drop it after a day or two, they only show that they're hypocrites.

You get the same Netcode as AC+R, THAT ALONE MAKES IT THE BEST FG OG THIS YEAR!!!

Don't let Capcucks like Twinblades poison your mind with his dirty words.

He never played Melty, he doesn't know what a good game is and enjoys pain and suffering.

14 hours ago, Dayaan said:

@FlackaveliI have a money match coming up. The idea is that I and my opponent have a week to learn a new character and use them. I got Seth, he has Kolin.

I spent about 30 mins in training mode. Here are my notes.

Reveal hidden contents

- V Reversal on Hands
- St.LP > St.LK is a hitconfirm and frametrap. Add in St.MP as a second frametrap and confirm in TC.
- Use Tatsu for KD when possible. Am +2 on H Tatsu
- Every special is unsafe except for H Oras, H Tatsu and EX Oras
- H Oras only combo after St.HP; can go into Cr.LP for an extension.
- Sideswitch only available in V Trigger.
- Buffers aren't too strong vs Kolin
- AA with St.HK
- Crouch teching is important. Only do delay techs with it, since dash up plays only lead to that.
- Don't use V-Skill. Too risky in this matchup for almost no reward.
- No fireballs, so can't zone. Use strong jump ins, and mainly for crossups. Kolin has only 1 good AA and it's situational.
- EX DP more. Make the throw game a layer deeper this way. Carries more risk for the attacker as Seth resets to neutral.
- EX Tatsu gives a Dragon Ball combo. Use it. 
- Use Tsurugi. L Tsurugi is fast, and may combo after CH. Makes it so that AAs on Seth are unviable.
- Use dash up throw. He doesn't have the reactions to deal with it
- Use Emperor Punch. Goes into TC. Hitconfirmable, but on the edge of human ability.
- Use more Cr.MK. 
- Poke with St.MK. Anything else carries huge risk.
- Can't whiff punish with DP or super.
- 6HK is overhead. 3HK is low. Use this for conditioning. 
- AA from far with Cr.HK. Use it to activate.
- Don't whiff punish with sweep. It's too slow. Establish a game where the opponent walks back, then use it as a callout - only when you can activate.
- Kolin's St.LK is a strong buffer. Goes just over the length of Seth St.LP
- All versions of Kolin Hands are punishable in V-Trigger
- Don't let her get away with that BS Slide. Do something. LP Oras are pretty safe. Can only be properly whiff punished with EX Hands, so that's a resource wasted. If they drop the punish, Hands are punishable
- This is HUGE. St.HP is punishable with Seth's Cr.LP. Go into Oras! Go into H DP!
- Kolin's overhead is punishable with TC > anything. Awesome.

What else should I watch out for?

Btw, @Vhoziterecommended you.

I think you covered everything fam 

When Kolin activates VT just downback, even take a couple of throws till she runs out.

The worst is getting CC by a random St.HP

Good luck 👍🏾