Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

2 hours ago, Volt said:

but I couldn't help but laugh at the Tutorial Mode as the first mode to be shown. That ain't a seller man, come on.

Yeah, kinda silly, but to play devil's advocate, when I first started playing FGs and went to locals everyone told me to pick up UNIST because it had such a great tutorial 🤷‍♀️

And if I was someone who was new or dabbled in FGs a robust tutorial would be appreciated. ASW making the point that they're going to put the game out there with enough direction that anyone should be able to have a rough idea of what's going on is a pretty good idea imho. 

I like UNIST's cause it has everything in there, but I also hate UNIST because it has everything in there. I literally feels like you're sitting down for a university lecture, and I feel like that tutorial made that game feel more intimidating than it really is. 

I hope Strive gets it right and hits the sweet spot of informative but with brevity. 

I guess I'm a tutorial snob. I turned BBCF off cause I hated the tutorial. SG has a really good tutorial 

12 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

The tutorial was annoying me so I turned it off. It was just two bland nameless characters trying to be funny and I didn't find it charming. It became me just mashing through text bubbles, so I decided to do something else with my time🤷‍♀️

Hold on, you have there something on your nose.

sticker.png

Putting Azrael into the Offensive Section to teach you how to DESTROY!!! enemy defence was a brilliant move. 

Your entire argument is invalide!

14 hours ago, Dayaan said:

Using.

Ah I see. I’ll give you what tips I can but I’m also sure like half this board has a pocket Kolin so if you want tips for fighting her specifically you can ask around lol. Sorry I’m so late responding I went out and didn’t get home till 3AM.

Anyways, I don’t use Seth but I’ve labbed him a tiny bit. 

* All his lights are good. I’m not in front of the game but according to my notes he can tic off all of them. S.lk combos into VS2 if you opt to run that, and I think M.Ora as well.

* His throw game is pretty good. Back throw gets meaty cr.hk, tho notes say some characters might be able to backdash out. Double check. For a forward throw I’m pretty sure he’s like +15...dashing in is technically fake cause it’s -1 but it’s an option. If you want to set it up you can get a real meaty using L.Tatsu to try and score respect. 

* Light and Medium oras are technically unsafe at -4 but they can be hard to punish when spaced. Don’t throw them Willy nilly but occasionally throwing it out can be good dude to the 100 active frames. 

* Dont over use the axe kick, especially against Kolin. Counters aren’t a fool proof check but they still give her a better answer to it than a lot of characters

* Kolin s.lk is good, buts it’s also 5 frames iirc...pretty slow. Don’t get clipped by fake pressure if you can check her. In the same vein, practice whiff punishing her cr.mk. It has a good hitbox and I think it’s +1 oB, but it has long recovery. 

* Take advantage of Seth’s superior walkspeed. Kolin has good buttons and counters, but she walks kind of slow.

* Dont overuse Seth s.mk. It looks godlike at a glance but it doesn’t hit crouching past the thigh. When I tried Seth out I used it mostly as a whiff punish, though it doesn’t lead to much. 

That’s all I can think of right now I’m still waking up

7 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

* All his lights are good. I’m not in front of the game but according to my notes he can tic off all of them. S.lk combos into VS2 if you opt to run that, and I think M.Ora as well.

All lights tick. I don't use VS2. You're right on the M Oras. I think I get better pressure off of them, but maybe L Tatsu is better? Not sure, but I'll take M Oras always.

8 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

* His throw game is pretty good. Back throw gets meaty cr.hk, tho notes say some characters might be able to backdash out. Double check. For a forward throw I’m pretty sure he’s like +15...dashing in is technically fake cause it’s -1 but it’s an option. If you want to set it up you can get a real meaty using L.Tatsu to try and score respect. 

I didn't know about the Tatsu to enforce respect. I could react to their delay tech and do H Tatsu for plus frames too... Smart!

9 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

* Light and Medium oras are technically unsafe at -4 but they can be hard to punish when spaced. Don’t throw them Willy nilly but occasionally throwing it out can be good dude to the 100 active frames. 

* Dont over use the axe kick, especially against Kolin. Counters aren’t a fool proof check but they still give her a better answer to it than a lot of characters

I think ultimately the idea is to not overuse any tools in the matchup. She can be a very deadly whiff punisher with EX Hands.

10 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

* Kolin s.lk is good, buts it’s also 5 frames iirc...pretty slow. Don’t get clipped by fake pressure if you can check her. In the same vein, practice whiff punishing her cr.mk. It has a good hitbox and I think it’s +1 oB, but it has long recovery.

This is a very strong point. It's very easy to whiff punish her Cr.MK with St.LK. Awesome tool and great advice, thanks!

11 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

* Take advantage of Seth’s superior walkspeed. Kolin has good buttons and counters, but she walks kind of slow.

Maybe I can push her into the corner? Outside of VT2, she has very weak defensive options.

11 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

* Dont overuse Seth s.mk. It looks godlike at a glance but it doesn’t hit crouching past the thigh. When I tried Seth out I used it mostly as a whiff punish, though it doesn’t lead to much. 

It's ok to poke occasionally. Sucks otherwise and not great in the matchup. Probably won't use it too much.

Thanks a lot!

1 hour ago, KingTubb said:

I'm not arguing anything, I'm saying I didn't like the tutorial. So much so that I turned the game off. 

There's nothing to argue about, cause that's what happened 🤷‍♀️

I mean, I agree with your thoughts on the CF tutorial too. It was helpful of course, but the back and forth between characters was annoying

24 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

but the back and forth between characters was annoying

Yeah, keep lore in the story mode please. 

14 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

I know what you guys need, you just have to fight me both to FT5s!

Ok, cool. We can play after I play my 18 month old nephew in basketball on a 6 foot rim. That'll really help him understand the game. 

Come On Reaction GIF by NBA

7 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Ok, cool. We can play after I play my 18 month old nephew in basketball on a 6 foot rim. That'll really help him understand the game. 

LOL.

Cipher if you need to be cleansed of that Covid-Under19, come play me in SF. What kind of challenge was that even meant to represent?

Edited by Dayaan
2 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

LOL.

Cipher come play me in SF.

lol.png

Like I ever gonna touch that shit with a 20foot pole.

I rather drip my balls in a 10 year old toillete that has never been cleaned, that is infested with radioactive waste, while squirrels take turns biting of my ears. All while a crow is slowly drilling his way upwards my ass.

Just now, Mr.Cipher said:

Rich word coming from someone who plays mostly a game that was so terrible that it killed a franchise for over a decade.

Then it got revived to be raped again to become even worse than before.

Meanwhile the music in my games is already of a better quality, than anything you could ever dream off.

If you've been paying attention, I haven't been playing 3S all too much lately. That aside, you speak of a terrible game... That also brought in many people into the FGC, gave us 37 seconds that history has given a name and continues to commit real estate crimes by living in your head rent free.

Aside from the fact that attacking a game that I didn't even make is a weak attempt at addressing my personality regarding FGs, you're trying to quantify the music of a game through an arbitrary scale. Again, if you've been paying attention, you'll also know that I don't like 3rd Strike's music. I've gotten sick of it. New Generation and 2nd Impact had better tracks. Also, in the same avenues that you released your sphincter of a throat to trash on games you've never excelled in, you'll also notice that I recently looked into Uni, Melty, BB and GG. I love the music in those games! I also like how they play (save for Uni). So yes, I can totally imagine what it's like to be attached to games like those. They're godlike!

But to stay away from Capcom games to serve an online persona? Lol. Not liking them is one thing. Instigating stuff by making rape jokes and attacking people you'll never meet? Checks out with the content of your posts.

12 hours ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

man these mother fuckers really be doing all this work for a game everyone is gonna play for 1 day 

I’m still buying it lmao 

The worst part is that they are doing all this work, no one will play it for more than a month, and the actual GG fans will be stuck with a glamurous garbage game for who knows how long.

Hey, but at least you people will get another game with Rollback that no one will play, proving why the cry for games with rollback is a huge farse.

30 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

If you've been paying attention, I haven't been playing 3S all too much lately. That aside, you speak of a terrible game... That also brought in many people into the FGC, gave us 37 seconds that history has given a name and continues to commit real estate crimes by living in your head rent free.

That is some revisionist history right there.

The whole SF3 series was considered a failure for a reason.

Yes it brought some people, but the game lagged behind other games in the series that were many years older than it.

One hype moment (overrated imo) doesnt change the fact that after 3s the series became dormant, and the fg community on USA shrinked considerably over the years because the main game of the scene didnt bring enough people to replace the ones that left over the years.

9 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

I think that the Cammy guide Cipher did for SFV is still up in Steam's forums, right?

His anger must come from a place of love, he was really into the game back then.

The Guide is still up yep.

I didn't want to delete it, it might still help people.

And I still have hopes that SFVI will be good, I don't want to hate SF, but I currently do.

At least the current one, still play some ST from time to time..... but I seem to have mutated into a Chun main.

8 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

the fg community on USA shrinked considerably over the years because the main game of the scene didnt bring enough people to replace the ones that left over the years.

Couldn't we also contribute this to the slow death of the American Arcade and the rise of home consoles? 

3S came out when arcades were disappearing and online gaming hadn't started yet. 

3 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Hold on, you have there something on your nose.

sticker.png

Putting Azrael into the Offensive Section to teach you how to DESTROY!!! enemy defence was a brilliant move. 

Your entire argument is invalide!

That was late af and you know it.

You start off with Noel's horrible screeching destroying your ears and then the Military Academy Three Stooges trio forms to make it all trash.

Even *I* didn't like that shit. SG did it best. Short, sweet and to the point.

Also, seconding @KingTubbthat Unist's tutorial was also way too damn long and all I got was that they can reverse beat. I think.

Also, @Dayaan when you finish ripping Cipher a new one, you could ask @TWINBLADES_SRKto play with you. If anything, you'll learn how to deal with WiFi Kolins. 

4 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Couldn't we also contribute this to the slow death of the American Arcade and the rise of home consoles? 

3S came out when arcades were disappearing and online gaming hadn't started yet. 

It certainly contribuited.

But there are many issues within the usa fgc that have been rooted on the over relliance over capcom fighting games to try to sustain itself.

Then you had the animosity that the scene cultivated towards other fgs, and is no wonder why the scene shrinked.

We still had new fgs coming out, but the scene wasnt willing to either give the games a chance, and neither treat the newcomers coming from those games and their games with respect and at least not be dismissive of them.

It is why many scenes decided to just be insular in the 1st place and just do their own stuff.

2 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

It certainly contribuited.

But there are many issues within the usa fgc that have been rooted on the over relliance over capcom fighting games to try to sustain itself.

Then you had the animosity that the scene cultivated towards other fgs, and is no wonder why the scene shrinked.

We still had new fgs coming out, but the scene wasnt willing to either give the games a chance, and neither treat the newcomers coming from those games and their games with respect and at least not be dismissive of them.

It is why many scenes decided to just be insular in the 1st place and just do their own stuff.

Has this changed up to this day?

I still see lots of SF player acting like they're on a high horse and simply better than anyone else.

1 minute ago, Mr.Cipher said:

I still see lots of SF player acting like they're on a high horse and simply better than anyone else.

You say this all the time, and I have no idea what you're talking about. I've never met anyone, or interacted with someone that is like this. 

The only time I've seen something close to this is NRS games and smash. People will shit on those games and the people who play regardless, but that's pretty much everyone who doesn't play them, not just SF players.

Gustavo hasn't to long ago told everyone to shut up, cause no one wants to play bathroom fighter and SF is the only real thing.

Not to mention that I regulary meet people who go after anything that isn't Capcom made.

Also shitting on smash is not about disrespect, it's about tradition.

Animeillumination had also some nice examples, like during the GG finals got the screen they played on, unplugged, because "no one cares about this shit, we do SF now!"

I'm pretty sure, I heard about this a couple of times as I was still playing Clowncom games.

1 hour ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Capcom infected.

Someone

I rather drip my balls in a 10 year old toillete that has never been cleaned, that is infested with radioactive waste, while squirrels take turns biting of my ears. All while a crow is slowly drilling his way upwards my ass.

Mentioned

Rich word coming from someone who plays mostly a game that was so terrible that it killed a franchise for over a decade.

Then it got revived to be raped again to become even worse than before.

A

Meanwhile the music in my games is already of a better quality, than anything you could ever dream off.

High

45 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

You're a funny guy.

I don't trash games I didn't play, guess why I shit on SFV so much.

The series should have stayed in it's grave after SF3, but nope, they had to dig it out, treat it like dirt and make it qualitative worse than ANY other entry in the series.

Horse?

Must be a Capcom player...

9 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Has this changed up to this day?

It still happens, but at the same time, there is more cross between people who play SF and other fgs now, all thanks of SFV being kind of not what people wanted, and thanks to other games gaining more popularity from other devs.

You also see more people now dipping on both 2d and 3d fgs than in the past.

3 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Gustavo hasn't to long ago told everyone to shut up, cause no one wants to play bathroom fighter and SF is the only real thing.

That sounds like regular FGC bravado. People want other people to play the game they love 🤷‍♀️

5 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Not to mention that I regulary meet people who go after anything that isn't Capcom made

Lokasi GIF by memecandy

Where? No one here does that. Everyone here dabbles in most of the stuff that comes out. I see more people shit on every capcom fighter more than the other way around in this forum. 

6 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

like during the GG finals got the screen they played on, unplugged, because "no one cares about this shit, we do SF now!"

This is shitty and entitled, and that dude should be banned from any future tournaments. But the person probably did it because that person is an asshole, not because he was an insurgent sent by capcom to destroy all other FGs. He woulda done it if he was a tekken player. 

11 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

You heretic, how dare you betray your emperor!

Repent! Repent!! REPENT!!!

For fucks sake I did that thing 2 years ago, I just remember Azrael being completly insane in the offence section.

Or Iazanmi in the extra section. Perfection!

Betrayed? When was I on your side? 🗡️ 🙃

See, that's the problem. You forgot how long Noel gets to stay drilling at your ears until then.

It's ok, I tried to repress the memory too.

Worst thing that happened to the franchise was Mu losing her voicelines after CS.

I just wanna hear her call people "Imbecile" and "Degenerate" while I press buttons, is that too much to ask? 😭

You say this all the time, and I have no idea what you're talking about. I've never met anyone, or interacted with someone that is like this. 

The only time I've seen something close to this is NRS games and smash. People will shit on those games and the people who play regardless, but that's pretty much everyone who doesn't play them, not just SF players.

You see, Cipher came from Steam Forums.

It's why I'm so patient with him, poor guy must've endured nameless horrors there. 🤣

Really, it's the stupidest thing that he's been hanging out with us for what, 3 years now and hasn't changed the disc. Instead, HE's the one that's on a high horse.

spacer.png

I sadly have interacted with a lot of idiots like that both online and offline.

You can see for example, a lot of idiots always going to the forums of other games on steam saying shit like, no bother with the game, is dead/ a discord game, just play sfv to people showing interest on the game and want to know about it before buying it, lol

I also encountered a lot of people like that offline, but tend to be less of a problem those days, since at the end SF just died here in my scene, so they moved into other games.

7 minutes ago, Volt said:
Spoiler

Betrayed? When was I on your side? 🗡️ 🙃

See, that's the problem. You forgot how long Noel gets to stay drilling at your ears until then.

It's ok, I tried to repress the memory too.

Worst thing that happened to the franchise was Mu losing her voicelines after CS.

I just wanna hear her call people "Imbecile" and "Degenerate" while I press buttons, is that too much to ask? 😭

You see, Cipher came from Steam Forums.

It's why I'm so patient with him, poor guy must've endured nameless horrors there. 🤣

Really, it's the stupidest thing that he's been hanging out with us for what, 3 years now and hasn't changed the disc. Instead, HE's the one that's on a high horse.

spacer.png

You Capcom loyalists must all be exterminated, you're the plague that ruins this world!!

Also SRK was highly "fuck everything but Capcom" for a long time.

Heck Frost went after me for it and there were people who wanted me banned because of me not liking SFV.

Also I legit got stalked by someone, after I stopped with both SFV and IV, who literally checked daily every FG forum just to go after me, because I said "fuck these games, I'm done with this trash, I go play something else." Yeah it was on steam, still.

There was also a local in Hamburg, where they were shittalking anything that wasn't SF. Even Tekken, well at that time it was Tag2 and that game was really not good.

Because my scrubby ass couldn't handle super hard SF, so I moved to super easy anime land.

It has become a lot better since then, but SFV still needs to exterminated from the face of the earth.

Until then I will not rest in my rightous crusade to free the honey land!

Edited by Mr.Cipher
1 minute ago, Mr.Cipher said:

You Capcom loyalists must all be exterminated, you're the plague that ruins this world!!

@ Coronavirus

images_88.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

there were people who wanted me banned because of me not liking SFV.

You mean, people want (Present Tense, not Past) you banned because you just shit all over the thread like a tantrum throwing baby whenever SF is mentioned and even when it ISN'T mentioned?

6 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Also I legit got stalked by someone, after I stopped with both SFV and IV, who literally checked daily every FG forum just to go after me, because I said "fuck these games, I'm done with this trash, I go play something else."

That doesn't sound like a regular here. Does not apply.

7 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

It has become a lot better since then, but SFV still needs to exterminated from the face of the earth.

Until then I will not rest in my rightous crusade to free the honey land!

Yeah... Let it implode on its own. Ffs, they're headlining a new season with fukkin Dan, they don't need the help.

Worry about your own ass before too many people here get sick of your shit.

Also SRK was highly "fuck everything but Capcom" for a long time.

Oh word? It is called SRK-Shoryuken... It was supposed to be a SF forum. 

people who wanted me banned because of me not liking SFV.

Come on, homie, they didn't want you banned because you didn't like SFV. It's because you wouldn't stop antagonizing people and going on about how much SFV sucked in an SF forum. 

You don't go to a baseball game and start yelling "BASEBALL SUCKS" without someone asking why you're there and telling you to leave. 

Like saying shit like this: 

but SFV still needs to exterminated from the face of the earth.

Capcom loyalists must all be exterminated, you're the plague that ruins this world!!

On a site where people are there to talk about those games comes across as obvious trolling and annoying. 

Also I legit got stalked by someone, after I stopped with both SFV and IV, who literally checked daily every FG forum just to go after me,

Sorry to hear that, man. That sucks. 

Bottom line, it's pretty easy to avoid toxic SF players today. Don't play SF, don't join their discords, don't go to their locals. 

Edited by KingTubb
10 minutes ago, Volt said:

snip

Taking troll posts seriously on 2021, smfh, lol

Cypher will continue posting the shit he posts because people like you keep falling for his easy bait.

As long as it keeps bothering you, he will keep doing it.

Edit

I personally love Cipher's posts.

Every forum needs its contrarians.

It keeps the people who love to get irrumated because they are fanboys that accept everything regardless of quality in check.

Edited by Hecatom
5 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Taking troll posts seriously on 2021, smfh, lol

Cypher will continue posting the shit he posts because people like you keep falling for his easy bait.

As long as it keeps bothering you, he will keep doing it.

What the...

Did you hit your head as a child? I was the one outright telling people in SRK that Cipher was baiting them. I'm just telling him to dial it down now because he might get banned.

We ain't at SRK anymore and there's less people here. We all know his shtick. Ain't no point in trying to bait us.

Keep throwing downvotes my way on some smart dumb nonsense like you know what you're talking about. 🤣

@Volt

You know as much as me, that SF won't die as long as people are willing to get along with anything Capcom does to them.

They haven't fixed day 1 issues in 4 years and only pilled on more costumes.

At this point, Capcom knows they can just half ass SFVI, make it extremly bad and people will still support them, cause muh SF.

Having said that, I will be more than happy to play Strive with anyone once it comes out.

Or Melty, Melty will never let you do and never gonna give you up.

11 minutes ago, Volt said:

snip

Nigga, not my fault that you post so much wrong shit on daily basis that i now auto default to educate you without reading all your post 🤣

Jokes aside, dunno why it kept your quote.

This is why i hate posting on mobile.

And sorry, but the whole point of the DISAGREE button is to just click on it instead of wasting time making a reply.

If it bothers you so much that someone disagreed with something you posted then leave the internet 🤷‍♂️

If i have a tool, i will use it.

Edited by Hecatom