Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

On 2/10/2021 at 5:59 AM, Shakunetsu said:

It's not gonna be a  "character" like twelve I think I know were they are heading into

I think I already know this one way before the speculators and fake theories in eventhubs comment section and article.

here's the clue:

Reveal hidden contents

ddiikcq-1e825afc-1c16-4726-8d5e-1cd33492

sfex2p.png

06_urieneleven.png

the above post was my earlier post

Eleven ended up like what I'm expecting, because I knew it's gonna be close to my wishlist

https://forums.shoryuken.com/t/final-features-gameplay-improvements-list-for-capcom-sent-to-capcom-combofiend/181187/74

Not a real character with CA, Vskill and Vtrigger

That's why I'm posting a spoiler photo of Marionette and Shadow from Vampire Savior.

While everyone was thinking it to be another Seth or a 5th character.

That was one of what I wanted years ago that I requested and talked in multiple threads in SRK wayback

on multiple topics like SFV improvement and character threads.

Where I mentioned SFEX Extra Random Select, Marionette and Shadow from Vampire Savior.

When someone is requesting new modes and requesting Eleven in SRK threads.

I talked why it (Eleven) wasn't needed  and it's better for him to be a special random select gameplay feature

I'm confident because the ransom-attack leak never shown any Eleven content.

Edited by Shakunetsu

update looks good. I’m excited.

I’ve been playing Kage, but that’s mostly because Ryu’s triggers suck. Having something else to spend meter on is going to have me look at everyone differently... may even switch to Sagat as I hated being pressured as him but this would help with that.

wont dwell on it too much until I see the patch notes and play the update though

Edited by Mattatsu
1 hour ago, Volt said:

Oh yeah.

@VhoziteYou going back to Vega now that V-Shift means he got a real V-Reversal? 🙃

You couldn’t pay me to play Vega in this game at this point. He still has no iframes on his CA, 2 of the worst VT’s in the game, and still get robbed of like 1/3rd of his move set for losing. This V-Shift shit is just his VS2 with extra VFX

Gonna give it a shot just for that awesome new Grid. 🙃

In all seriousness though, I finally got to watch a vid of the stream. This honestly looks like a whole new game.

V-Shift is awesome, but not really in a good way.

It's degenerate af that you can land real combos (and CA) out of it, if Ryu can do EX Donkey combos, I can only imagine the kinda shit good characters will get.

Imagine Lv. 3 G getting a slowmo dodge that he can do Presidential combos out of?

Woshige went full kusoge on that one. This is budget anime at this point. 🤣

Rose has Dark Holes and Dan has Bryan Taunt cancels.  They both look crazy.

As for V-shifts, It also adds a new layer to considering what V-Trigger to use. More stocks means more chances to win those big unga moments where characters V-Shift back and forth until they run out of V-meter.

I'm curious the full extent of this balance patch and especially to V-Reversals. With the way things are right now there's not much reason to use those over V-Shift but if V-Reversals became significantly stronger it might add that layer they're looking to add.

2 hours ago, Volt said:

Even I can run it at 60fps. You good lol.

Can you guarentee that, Volt? Can you really look me in the eye and tell me that? Can you? CAN YOU????

2 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Get it on PC guys, it is the best choice!!!

2 hours ago, BornWinner said:

You’re getting left behind, buddy.

But what if Strive makes my compooter go boom boom

What do you reckon V-shift's command will be? Same as red focus?

I just re-watched the Dan v Dan fight, and it seemed that the v gauge filled more quickly.

At about 33% damage, he had a full (2 bar) V gauge, with no VS usage. I just tested this on the existing game, and after roughly that damage, Ryu had just over one and a half. I'd guess there's a V meter build up buff across the board, given how much more useful the meter is  (or imo less likely, HP buff across the board, or Dan just has weirdly high HP in this build. Or it's just a test build and none of this matters.)

29 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

This but without the joke. A lot of slower moves are about to get cucked by shifts. Alex stomp/headbutt, Bison stomp, Nash Moonsault, Akuma EX zankuu or any demon flip, Mika s.hk. I could continue. 

Definitely will shake things up 

I wonder if there's going to a way to counter or punish these. I guess maybe v-reversal or super?

Either way it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

I'm glad Rose got air fireballs and a teleport and super friends and meterless soul satellites and a tarot related buff/debuff move.  Even the discount Falke VSkill is cool I guess.  Very interesting trying to put together a game plan with all that. 

But she didn't get flight mode and mouth lasers so  0/10 trash patch.

Edited by Pair of Rooks
1 hour ago, JustBrowsing said:

What do you reckon V-shift's command will be?

Correct me if I'm getting it wrong, but to trigger V-Instinct, you need to be at a neutral state, right?

Could either be a brand new input with say, MP+HK, or maybe the same input as VR.

This is definitely a very interesting mechanic and there's probably a real trade-off between Shift/VR and saving for Trigger.

2 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

I'm glad Rose got air fireballs and a teleport and super friends and a tarot related buff/debuff move.  Even the discount Falke VSkill is cool I guess.  Very interesting trying to put together a game plan with all that. 

But she didn't get flight mode and mouth lasers so  0/10 trash patch.

Agree. She stole Zero's super but can't even do Lightning Loops.