Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

15 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

Ngl I actually love the Fortnite x SF crossover. The fact they added so many little extras like hot Ryu, Chun li super art emote and had Shinkiro design the promotional art shows they are actually big fans. I think its cool

I'm glad of it because it introduces FG characters to a new generation of gamers. 

Nothing pisses me off like hearing FGs called a boomer game. 😠

7 minutes ago, Volt said:

Beta Backdash Frame Data
https://twitter.com/kedako_faital/status/1363371645344256000?s=20

All backdashes got full invul on frame 1.
Can't tell what the 2nd part means, but the key thing to remember is that with the Dash Macro, you have a legit evasive option at a button press, keep that in mind at all times.

I'm guessing

1. Total frames

2. Iframes (4-6 depends on character)

3. Airborne frames

May and Millia have the least iframes on backdash, which makes sense given their rushdown.

Edited by Pair of Rooks
9 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

So I wasn't really interested in Strive until I played the beta and actually had fun. I'm still really not into the super fast, crazy mix-up based rushdown of anime fighters though, so are there any other zoning based characters in this roster besides Axl?

Thats a clichee stigma attached to anime, mainly coming from SF players.

Also try Faust, Ky is pretty good for zoning too.

Or zone people out by picking Pot and having everyone shit their pants as you start moving.

5 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Ram will never be a Zoner, the Swords are nothing you can just yeet willy nilly, since you lose a lot of range (and damage) without them. + it takes time to get them back if you don't stand right next to them when they land.

Not in the "chuck plasma" sense, but she got some bigass buttons to play with. Kinda similar to Nago in the "putting big hitboxes on the screen". That does slow the pace of the game a bit.

2 minutes ago, Volt said:

Not in the "chuck plasma" sense, but she got some bigass buttons to play with. Kinda similar to Nago in the "putting big hitboxes on the screen". That does slow the pace of the game a bit.

This. Sword zoning is a thing since it's pure disjoint.  Swordies have a distinct range in Smash, between cqc and mid-range / burst range. 

7 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

I'll try Ky, Faust seems a little too goofy for me.

Also I did not mean to disparage anime fighters. Let's just call them "fast games." I preferred to play zoners in a fast game like MvC3 as well.

You should play these games more, the "everything is rushdown unga bunga!" comment pops up all the time, I'm somewhat desenzitited to it by now.

It's just a sign of inexperience and quoting the wrong people.

8 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

This. Sword zoning is a thing since it's pure disjoint.  Swordies have a distinct range in Smash, between cqc and mid-range / burst range. 

Tell me more about that, while I look at a bunch of BB and GG Hitboxes.

Usually you get hurtbox extensions for throwing swords around, if not even having the swords themself hurtboxes.

There are more examples of entire limbs having no hurtbox, while whole swords having them.

And as I thought the swords are generally accompanied by either extended hurtboxes or have enough space behind the disjoint to whiffpunish effectively.

11 minutes ago, Alkipot said:

I’m so glad I’m not seeing a lot of May players

Me too. She's my least favorite. 😂  At least the general de-anime-ification of Strive makes her barely tolerable. 

The older games having a 8 year old May fighting a gender neutral Ky to Grr Heavy Metal always seemed like a very Japanese misfire on the devs' part.

Edited by Pair of Rooks
24 minutes ago, Alkipot said:

I’m so glad I’m not seeing a lot of May players yet besides myself. Anchor hitboxes are disgusting. She gives you no time to breathe if played right. Only Pot players have been giving me trouble atm.

13 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Me too. She's my least favorite. 😂  At least the general de-anime-ification of Strive makes her barely tolerable. 

The older games having a 8 year old May fighting a gender neutral Ky to Grr Heavy Metal always seemed like a very Japanese misfire on the devs' part.

@KingTubbis also a May gorilla.

Alki, you PC or PS4/5?

Ngl, low key hoping you're a PS player so I don't need to hear TOSHOGEKIIIIIIIIIII every 2 seconds.
812751194715062274.png?v=1

This kid is worse than Athena, good lord.

Edited by Volt
5 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

I was gonna play May until I realized Ram got revised the way she did. Even though I like the way she plays I still want to try May at some point. She seems like a saucy little fucker. And her redesign is one of my favorites visually. 

She gives the "childhood friend you haven't seen for a decade" vibes.

Ty all that watched the stream. The struggle is real to juggle 5 characters but slowly improving with all.  

Day 2 of mostly Laura gameplay managed to get over 5.5 K points 

Street-Fighter-V-Screenshot-2021-02-22-0

PS : I like the character, but i really need to learn her setups and stuff. 

PS 2  : Laura mains, i now know your pain vs zoners.

Fuck it's nice to have a cmd grab though....

Edited by Skort
2 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Ram will never be a Zoner, the Swords are nothing you can just yeet willy nilly, since you lose a lot of range (and damage) without them. + it takes time to get them back if you don't stand right next to them when they land.

Zoning is more than just chuking plasma, you can also zone by using big ass normals, like how Litchi does/did on BB.

You can also zone by setting up stuff on the screen, since it forces your opponent to maneuver around the tools you put on the screen.

24 minutes ago, Skort said:

Ty all that watched the stream. The struggle is real to juggle 5 characters but slowly improving with all.  

Day 2 of mostly Laura gameplay managed to get over 5.5 K points 

PS : I like the character, but i really need to learn her setups and stuff. 

PS 2  : Laura mains, i now know your pain vs zoners.

Fuck it's nice to have a cmd grab though....

Skort welcome to fam (well I haven't mained Laura since Kolin dropped but still)

DJZ_7OeXUAI5Kvk.jpg

Edited by Darc_Requiem
Just now, GreatDarkHero said:

I'll happily be Laura's grappling bud. 

@SkortWhen you conduct another stream, post the link so that I can hopefully catch it! 

I did post it , i think you missed it. I will link all the time when i stream 🙂  

PS : this is me after not playing for a very long time seriously and trying to learn new characters, so don't expect anything crazy. It's just me figuring out how stuff works but i am enjoying myself 🙂

8 minutes ago, Skort said:

I did post it , i think you missed it. I will link all the time when i stream 🙂  

PS : this is me after not playing for a very long time seriously and trying to learn new characters, so don't expect anything crazy. It's just me figuring out how stuff works but i am enjoying myself 🙂

Got it. I got to track this while still at home. 

Just now, Vhozite said:

If you ever need practice against a really basic (and I mean very basic) Guile I’m down. I don’t care for him in 5 but I used to play him in 4. 

I know what I have to do. Just don't have any margin for error. I need to say within sweep range at all time. Other wise he boom me for free. Have to be close enough to make him think twice about chucking one.