Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

V-Shift doesn't activate on throws. Like I'm not sure what this clip is supposed to be showing me. If you V-Shift a throw its just a glowing back dash.

Exactly. If you don't make sure you Shift something that is actually punishable on whiff/can't be sp. canceled with the slowmo, you're getting clapped.

If you don't get the slowmo timing, you're also getting clapped and burned a whole bar.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Kolin VT2 got nerfed. Her punches drain V-Gauge on Hit and Block but not whiff. If you silver edge through your opponent twice, it basically wipes out all her V-Gauge.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan’s trailer is god like by the way 

oh I-No looks cool 

Guilty GearXSamSho is neat 

ChamCham is cute but I don’t give a shit 

Polish waifu from T7 uuuuh cool I guess 

11 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@Skort Laura got buffed 🤣

I got some long ass working hours today so I can't play but keep me updated.

I don't expect Juri buffs but eh.

Hopefully they dont ruin Poison and Laura buffs ? We in there... xD

Edited by Skort
4 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Alex got buffs to his throw range and better block advantage for his normals. Cr.HP got buffed as an anti-air. Power bomb being 9f startup now pisses me off. Nerfing the stun on elbows? Fucking why? Stomp still doesn't hit midair. I doubt these buffs will make him good but it will be less of a struggle. 

They gave Alex's command grabs similar buffs to Laura season 4. His LP has 9F Startup instead of 6F but the grab range has been greatly increased. His MP Powerbomb now has the grab range of his old LP Powerbomb. Conversely his HP Powerbomb has the grab range of his old MP Powerbomb. Basically his MP and HP Powerbomb were buffed. Actually they buffed the grab range of Alex's normal throws too.

6 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

They gave Alex's command grabs similar buffs to Laura season 4. His LP has 9F Startup instead of 6F but the grab range has been greatly increased. His MP Powerbomb now has the grab range of his old LP Powerbomb. Conversely his HP Powerbomb has the grab range of his old MP Powerbomb. Basically his MP and HP Powerbomb were buffed. Actually they buffed the grab range of Alex's normal throws too.

I just noticed he got a walkspeed buff too. Combined with the throw range buff that's quite scary.

Dan has a normal that's back heavy kick. It crush counters the opponent into a crumple state. It's also a pretty solid anti-air. CC on anti air means you can juggle for more damage.

Edit: Another one - Dan doesn't have a 3 frame, and his standing and crouching medium punches are both 6 frame start up. BUT he can counter hit combo cr lp - st mp - cr mp. And if you do those three as a block string, then cancel into ex Dan kicks, he's right back in their face +2.

Edited by Yiceman

Juri's biggest win is that all the characters that gave her issues got nerfed. 

VT 2 buffs , still inferior to VT 1.

VS 2 buffs, good but still inferior to VS 1.

Heavy fuha into CA good, but situational. Juri gets more mileage off her ex moves.

VT 1  fireball longer active frames. Even further motivation to pick it over VT 2.

She's pretty much the same in my opinion. But since all / most her hard matchups got nerfed,we shall see.

7 hours ago, Jocelot said:
Spoiler

Basically this dude named Fred is the ultimate mary sue who accidently created Gears (magic powered beasts) with his boytoy best friend named That Man and they ended up creating a Gear weapon who was actually Fred's girlfriend and she blew up Japan for some reason.

Fred felt Guilty about the Gears he changed his name to Sol and helped fight against them in a war called the Holy Crusades that lasted like a 100 years. But Sol is long lived since it turns out he accidently turned himself into the world's most powerful gear. But remember he's also a super awesome scientist and invented a super cool headband that limited his gigachad gear powers.

Then Justice came back, but Sol killed her, but then a secret cult ran by a crazy (and weirdly sexy) pope revived Justice again, but than Sol killed her again. With his son in law and daughter and his grandkid. 

This is so painfull to read, that I legit wanted to shot myself.

Not just is it wrong, it's also super wrong!

7 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Isn't all the Valentines clones of his Sol's girlfriend? I'm still lost as to how he ended up with Sin. I swear, Sin growing up being a dumbass must have been payback against Ky for leaving him to raise his kid.

The Valentines are created in the Backyard. The few exceptions are the ones who come directly from Justice. Valentine, Ramlethal and Elphelt.

Elphelt and Valentine also look identical to Aria, Sols Wife. Ram is the only odd one. 

Sin ended up with Sol, because the UN (I think it was the UN) threatend to expose that Dizzy is alive and turn him into a puppet king. So he threw Sin out to his Grandfather.

Sol being the shinning example he is, raised Sin faboulus, he punched him for mistakes and if Sin did something good, he became sugar water.

The world wonders what happens when Sols thing with That Man is over, since he has a full family at home.

7 hours ago, Volt said:

This reads like one of those "Explain a film's plot badly" posts.

Very Very Badly.

Nash got some ok buffs. He has a 3f now. Unfortunately he ate a decent amount of compensation nerfs to pay for his new toy, but just the fact that exists means he can now play the game at points where he couldn’t before. For example he can now actually utilize the plus frame from blocked Moonsault. 

Other than that he got damage buffs on scythe, a couple +3 on block buttons, and the lp>mp into L.Tragedy combo that I’ve been asking for for years, and slightly more time on VT2. VS1 vacuums now and can combo, but this same change nerfed it as a poke since it’s still -5 on block. 

All in all pretty good patch. Tbh I don’t think Nash is “saved” but between his buffs, V-Shift, and nerfs to other characters I’m happy with the patch. The main thing that remains to be seen is how V-Shift affects him. It gives him a coveted defensive option but will also be very strong against some of his already limited offensive options.

2 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Funny story:

I was spamming dolphin on @Mattatsuto the point that he exclaimed "You keep doing the same shit over and over!" 

But May is such a gorilla that it sorta works. 

The dolphin pressure is real 

Yeah, and i could not figure out how to block it lol. Honestly, May seems pretty good, that heavy slash with her anchor does stupid damage too. It is slow but worked well on me when i was auto-piloting rushdown

4 minutes ago, Skort said:

Yosan was doing some cool setups with VS 2 Juri and her light fuhajin.

Can be tricky but requires resources.

Link? VS2 buffs is the main thing I wanted for Juri. Also in reading the notes and realizing I don’t know the names of so many moves. 

Is the Strive beta still going? I’m hoping I can at least squeeze an hour or two if it is. 

1 minute ago, Vhozite said:

Is the Strive beta still going? I’m hoping I can at least squeeze an hour or two if it is. 

Due to weekend beta availability fuckery they kicked it out until the 23rd. So you've got a bit more window to work with.

This SFV patch seems pretty wild. More changes than I expected. The new Honda would have made me vomit. I might still.

9 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

It is still going, but the download became unavailable when the original beta period ended (which is yesterday), so hopefully you already got it.

I didn’t unfortunately.

Real tired of being shafted for playing on PC and working non-standard hours 😔

Edited by Vhozite
9 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Link? VS2 buffs is the main thing I wanted for Juri. Also in reading the notes and realizing I don’t know the names of so many moves. 

Dont have sry. Only saw briefly ( i'm at work ) .

But with Juri being able to charge her VS2 after a fuharenkyaku ( leg rise ) she now gets a store and a vskill charge off a jab confirm.

This is actually nice. Combined with light fuha lingering more on screen it's not bad.

I still think she should had got much more but at least no nerfs at least while many characters that gave her issues got the bat.

She needed damage buffs and +2 fireball to feel like she won the jackpot. 

10 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

Same. If I'm not gonna play I still want to see Poison and Laura shitting things up. With Kolin as a solid 3rd. iDom out there doing god's good work. Or satan's since they are my dark wishes.

Laura got no nerfs only buffs. Kolin got bodied. Poison got Karin'd. She still seems the same things but got some damage nerfs biggest nerf was Heart Raid being +1 on block now.