Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

you'll hate sooooo many fighting games.

SFV is the only one I've played where it's really noticeable to me.

 

Unless input windows for stuff is really tiny, but considering everyone was saying that SFV dumbed everything down so the low-execution-ceiling-having morons like me can play, it's having a goddamn buffet of inputs. 

 

Link to post
3 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

Hoo boy, you'll hate sooooo many fighting games.

The struggle is real. 

 

Weirdly its the old games now that have all the good online since everyone was willing to backport it (or Fightcade). Though at least in the modern era we have Strive, KI2013 ("modern"), MK11 (and presumably beyond), even FEXL? And I'll give SFV the booby prize for trying.

 

Speaking of SFV Bafael looks do be doing char by char patch breakdowns. Started with the OG Ryu:

 

 

Definitely a "fucking finally" patch for him.

Link to post
Just now, GetTheTables said:

The struggle is real. 

 

Weirdly its the old games now that have all the good online since everyone was willing to backport it (or Fightcade). Though at least in the modern era we have Strive, KI2013 ("modern"), MK11 (and presumably beyond), even FEXL? And I'll give SFV the booby prize for trying.

 

Speaking of SFV Bafael looks do be doing char by char patch breakdowns. Started with the OG Ryu:

 

 

Definitely a "fucking finally" patch for him.

Good to see you man! Yeah, I hope FC gets good online for 3S soon.

Link to post
Just now, KingTubb said:

This dude is always thorough and informative, but something about the way he talks makes me want to give him a wedgy. 

As someone who has spent years deep in the nerd trenches, he absolutely has that intonation. Right around the 4 minute mark of any video you reflexively want to stuff the video in a locker or give it a swirlie.

Link to post

I think I'm gonna try to pick Laura back up in addition to Alex. I expected Kolin VT2 to get nerfed but she got nothing in exchange. Most characters with underutilized VT got them buffed. They didn't do anything to VT1. Even Cammy VT2 and Laura VT2 got buffs and no one is using those outside of trolling.

Link to post
25 minutes ago, Skort said:

Not a priority for the moment. I do like the Yakuza one though so maybe that.

 

2 months until I can try strive,more curious about that.

have you seen this costume? I'd like to download it. The hair looks like fro, Nyotengu from Dead or Alive 🤔

You can clearly see her tits bounce as she walks forward 🙏

 

Edited by AriesWarlock
Link to post
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I think I'm gonna try to pick Laura back up in addition to Alex. I expected Kolin VT2 to get nerfed but she got nothing in exchange. Most characters with underutilized VT got them buffed. They didn't do anything to VT1. Even Cammy VT2 and Laura VT2 got buffs and no one is using those outside of trolling.

I legit had to pause for a minute and actively try to remember what Laura's VT2 was, and I ran with that thing for like a month.

 

This patch would have hurt me. Kolin got kicked in the gut and Poison seems workable but also took some whacks. Fuckin' boo.

Link to post
21 minutes ago, Skort said:

I heard the Juri costumes not even in the patch.

 

True ?

True.

They will come later.

 

Right now they only released the Cammy Killer Bee costume (Alpha), which btw, i thought the nostalgia was supossedly that one, Lucia "sporty" costume and Menat Sporty costume. (Also Ed, but who gives a shit about him)

 

No idea when they are gonna be released, but i think you can see it on the PSN notes for the premium seasson 5 purchase.

Link to post

Capcom knows Juri fans like to suffer. Its character appropriate. 

 

They were toying around with the idea of a 3rd new costume that can only be unlocked when the player mails the dev team a thumb drive with a video file wherein they put a lit cigarette out on their neck and call themselves a dirty little bitch. 

 

It was ultimately decided that effort would be better spent on Ryu playtesting and refinement which does seem to have worked out.

Edited by GetTheTables
Link to post
3 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

 

 

They were toying around with the idea of a 3rd new costume that can only be unlocked when the player mails the dev team a thumb drive with a video file wherein they put a lit cigarette out on their neck and call themselves a dirty little bitch. 

 

Fake. The video file has to show you laying on the floor asking a stripper to “step on me mommy”.

Link to post
14 minutes ago, Skort said:

U joking lmfao.

 

The costumes that won get delayed and the ones didnt even get announced ( Ed etc ) get day 1 release ? 

 

Just for this will mod them over her default while not buying shit.

Dont be so drastic, hack them into the add and gym outfit that they gave for free.

Link to post
6 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Laura got no nerfs only buffs. Kolin got bodied. Poison got Karin'd. She still seems the same things but got some damage nerfs biggest nerf was Heart Raid being +1 on block now.

 

They seem to think that the V shift is going to benefit zoners so they nailed them with nerfs to compensate.  Poison got hit way too hard compared to other characters.  She wasn't even top 5.  

Edited by HeavensCloud
Link to post
1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

True.

They will come later.

 

Right now they only released the Cammy Killer Bee costume (Alpha), which btw, i thought the nostalgia was supossedly that one, Lucia "sporty" costume and Menat Sporty costume. (Also Ed, but who gives a shit about him)

 

No idea when they are gonna be released, but i think you can see it on the PSN notes for the premium seasson 5 purchase.

I'd jaywalk right in front of Lucia if she was wearing that costume. 👀

Link to post
11 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'd jaywalk right in front of Lucia if she was wearing that costume. 👀

Not gonna lie.

I like her look on that outfit.

Dunno if is because her design grew on me over time (mostly due Honey Select, i moded her into that game, and her face is actually cute when not paired with the weird proportions of SFV).

 

I succumbed to the horny and got it, no shame 👀

Link to post
47 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

 

They seem to think that the V shift is going to benefit zoners so they nailed them with nerfs to compensate.  Poison got hit way too hard compared to other characters.  She wasn't even top 5.  

Independent changes aside this method of patching is one thing I can’t stand about Capcom. They’re always trying to preemptively fix a problems that aren’t there yet but then they drag their feet fixing the ones that are clearly there lol.


G running over mfs with VT for 2 (3?) years before it gets nerfed but Sim gets clapped for committing the thought crime of being good because of a universal change? What about Ryu parry giving more time in VT1 like Alex took 5 years to figure out lol?

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
  • Create New...
Stage Select