Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

10 hours ago, KingTubb said:

After GGS netcode, I don't think I can ever go back to SFV. 

Playing a game that doesn't eat inputs is too good 

Honestly, I don’t think I can go back to a lot of games. The netcode has spoiled me. I haven’t played the new KI, but GGST is the best netcode I’ve played... Makes MK11’s netcode look like shit.

I know netcode isn’t everything, but knowing I can play all of you guys (on console) without issues, basically wherever you are, is amazing. Plus the game is fun as hell and well-designed as a fighter, IME (*)... I missed the fast-paced action/gameplay.

(* lobby system excluded)

4 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Emotion Reaction GIF

It does. MK11 has the best netcode of modern games that I have played, but there were still skips here and there. Not bad at all, and by far, most of my matches have been playable )only had a few unplayable against wifi users). I swear though, I haven’t noticed a single instance of rollback, or delay, or spike, whatever in Strive... even when playing JustBrowsing from the UK. It’s incredible.

1 hour ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Eh comment:

Nobody commenting on how the revised combo count system directly affecting air combos was probably set in place for Akira's sake?

She's going to be able to launch and combo just like Rival Schools. I can feel it.

Not commenting on it because I don’t get it how juggles work in SF outside of “this works but that doesn’t” lol 

I really like what this patch did for a couple of characters I like, Sakura, Cody, Laura (lol), but my head is still so wrapped up on Rose it's hard to get motivated to dig into them. Maybe I'll just try and play Menat again as a Diet Rose substitute in the meantime. If anyone feels like running some casual sets sometime this week, I'm up for it. I can wait patiently for the strive beta to finish.

39 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Good video. bro must be machine gunning these out.

Only thing he didn’t cover that I think is worth mentioning is the extra juggles into EX.Tragedy Assault. Between VS2 and VT2 he got a lot more ways to juggle into it, which is significant since it now gives very real oki as shown in this vid. 

Also lol at the way he says that Nash is viable. The fact that you even shave to say that strongly implies he’s bad. 

Ok, Beta is over, and I'll give a more detailed editorial in the GG thread, but a couple of thoughts on Strive:

It's pretty

Netcode is impossibly good

May is life. I love her

Only bad thing is the lobby/matchmaking, which I think will be significantly better when this drops. 

I hate Axl and Ram for the same reasons, but am less annoyed by Axl players because I feel like they're trying to mindfully zone, Ram player are just giggling and going "BIG BUTTONS WEEEEEEEEEEE!" 

I like to go "BIG BUTTONS WEEEEEEEEEEE!" 

The next month is going to be agony. Have a lot of notes to take and match footage to watch to keep me busy till this drops. 

9 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

I'm hearing people saying Ram is very strong in the beta, and according to Max's stream Ram players eat glue.

Opinions?

She definitely seems strong. Great buttons, some random bullshit, good damage, works the corner (giggity), reversal super in a pinch. From my very limited perspective she also has weaknesses but I couldn't hear them over the sound of me hammering on the slash button. We'll see how she is in 1.0.

Also I don't eat glue. Paste is much less runny and goes on toast.

33 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

whoops GIF

Well, we got our match. See you in April 😉

Glad I did actually, I didn’t realize there were a few strive players on there that don’t post often in this thread (if at all anymore), so I’ll have to keep up with it in April.

Also, yeah, the wait to launch will hurt. This game really reminded me that I love fast-paced, air dasher games. MVC2 is my favourite game, but I always thought a lot of the pull was playing as the X-Men, and while I knew it was fun, I thought that was a large reason for it. After all, previous GG and BB games (including Rev2 which I did like) didn’t pull me in the same way. Same goes for Skullgirls and MVCI.

Playing Millia really brought the same kind of hectic fun I loved in Marvel, but the cool thing is that it seems very character dependent. Axl and Nago players especially, seem to play a much more patient style of play and are still very effective.

I think I’m going to brush up on Rev2 in the meantime, more to practice execution and dig into the lore a bit more

Edited by Mattatsu

GG strive beta

Game has a ton of potential.

It's pretty fun, depending on the launch changes we'll see how much I play.

Right now there's a lot of degenerate gameplay because the damage is so high universally.

If they went through and just changed the damage for each character based on what they can do the game would be super awesome.

As of right now, 

Pot damage down  on command throw significantly

Milla damage down very slightly

Ram damage down slightly

May damage down slightly

Leo damage down slightly

Zato damage down slightly

Sol  damage down on command throw significantly.

Ky damage down on install

Gio no damage change

Faust no damage change

Chipp no damage change

Nago no damage change

Axel no damage change

Edited by TheDarkPhoenix
5 minutes ago, TheDarkPhoenix said:

GG strive beta

Game has a ton of potential.

It's pretty fun, depending on the launch changes we'll see how much I play.

Right now there's a lot of degenerate gameplay because the damage is so high universally.

If they went through and just changed the damage for each character based on what they can do the game would be super awesome.

As of right now, 

Pot damage down  on command throw significantly

Milla damage down very slightly

Ram damage down slightly

May damage down slightly

Leo damage down slightly

Zato damage down slightly

Sol  damage down on command throw significantly.

Ky damage down on install

Gio no damage change

Faust no damage change

Chipp no damage change

Nago no damage change

Axel no damage change

You gon die to two grabs and I'd better see you drop a positive review on Steam. 🔫 👀

Edited by Volt