Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

I’m really not sure how I can wait two more months after this. Strive was just too much fun. Wish I had more times to play with you guys.

If there are no changes on release, I will be maining Faust and Ramlethal. Faust felt a lot better than the closed beta. Still a bit weak compared to everyone else, but I’ve been doing work with him and it has been fun. Ram is legit good. It felt cathartic seeing everyone saying she was going to be trash because of the changes shut up as soon as SonicFox started playing her. The changes themselves worked with how I played her in Xrd, so they’re fine by me. I do miss the Tekken strings and command grab though.

Once again, the worst part of the beta was the lobby. More in how it functions than the way it looks. The random teleports you sometimes get when you ready up is annoying and everything feels so slow. The netcode on the other hand feels fantastic. I’ve never been much of a rollback arbiter, but now I see why people want it so bad. I will still always play a game if I like it, but it’s nice playing with so many people and not experiencing some kind of problem.

Can’t wait the full game in April. It’ll be nice to have a lobby with all of you. 

2 hours ago, GetTheTables said:

Content is good like always but Highland's music choices are always the highlight for me. This one cracked me up.

Looks like Sagat got more than I initially thought. This isn't even his in depth analysis. I miss old Papa Frost. Wish he posted here with the rest of us old folks and @Dayaan

Edited by Darc_Requiem
10 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Looks like Sagat got more than I initially thought. This isn't even his in depth analysis. I miss old Papa Frost. Wish posted here with the rest of us old folks and @Dayaan

I'm old too now. I say such words as, "Rad," "Broad," and, "If only the netcode was better..."

But yeah, this Frost dude sounds extremely fun to mess with. On a good day, it's the kind of person whose anus presents a good case for fracking, you know? That being said, I haven't heard his side. Who knows, maybe I'd like him?

Edited by Dayaan
15 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

I'm old too now. I say such words as, "Rad," "Broad," and, "If only the netcode was better..."

But yeah, this Frost dude sounds extremely fun to mess with. On a good day, it's the kind of person whose anus presents a good case for fracking, you know? That being said, I haven't heard his side. Who knows, maybe I'd like him?

I'm old enough to be your father and I'm sure that I'm not the only one here. You are in college, best time of my life, enjoy man. I'm telling once you get out of college everything changes. Serious commentary aside, I wasn't going to call you old. Especially when you are still drinking similac 👀

GUEST_fb5cc5c8-f61b-497c-8ecf-875d6dc52b

17 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Fuck me. I completely forgot to bring up crossplay. Everyone else mention it so we can play with our PC bros.

I shit all over the lobby system in my final comments on the survey for you. 

Edit: Damn it all, I was so busy shitting on the lobby system I forgot to mention cross play 😔

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, Reticently said:

I don't know what set-ups people are going to find, but just labbing around with Alex it seems like wake-up V-shift +/- V-break just removes autopilot oki from the game.

Surely this is the entire point though? V-Shift is really good against flowchart offense in general, which is a good thing.

That was the exact point I was making 4 years ago when Capcom nerfed meterless DPs out of the game and everyone said it was a good change because they were supposedly too strong. Niggas said I was wrong, but then of course when the game became even more focused on dumb offense it was “muh defensive options”. 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

I like V-Shift but I hate how people are sucking Capcoms dick over it. It’s only fixing a problem Capcom created with a bad decision SFV players encouraged.

Edited by Vhozite
3 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

I'm hearing people saying Ram is very strong in the beta, and according to Max's stream Ram players eat glue.

Opinions?

She gave me the most trouble when I was playing Pot. Swords made it hard to get in. She can get multiple wall splats in the corner so I can't burst. I just have to eat whatever damage I get. She's definitely a problem.

2 hours ago, TheDarkPhoenix said:

Pot damage down  on command throw significantly

You have made a powerful enemy today my friend.

6 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Surely this is the entire point though?

Err, yes and no.  Once wake up options become good enough that running oki becomes riskier to the attacker than to the person getting up, you kind of strip that whole interaction out of the game.

I'm not ready to make the call that V-shift is as good as all that yet, but I haven't definitely proven to myself that it couldn't be that good either.

Sf5 is largely going to be the same for a while I think.  

I do think the tiers have shifted around a bit though, like RIP kolin, and akuma now might just be A tier.

But Urien, G, cammy and zeku  all still got the sauce. 

Everything under them is going to be moving all around for a bit, ryu is def A tier at worse now, and alex is also a problem lowkey.

1 minute ago, Reticently said:

The low key secret is that Alex was never as bad as everyone said.  Yeah, he was in the bottom third, but there were a whole bunch of characters that were basically just as bad.

Oh I agree, he was a meme that people ran with, he's played the meta of this game from jump. However the top tier dominated him but even then it wasn't like he couldn't get a W... just inconsistent with it.

17 minutes ago, TheDarkPhoenix said:

Sf5 is largely going to be the same for a while I think.  

I do think the tiers have shifted around a bit though, like RIP kolin, and akuma now might just be A tier.

But Urien, G, cammy and zeku  all still got the sauce. 

Everything under them is going to be moving all around for a bit, ryu is def A tier at worse now, and alex is also a problem lowkey.

Whaddya think about Seth? I think because they toned down dive kick, less options off grab and less VT1 juice (plus the health/stun nerfs) he's a lot more manageable now. 

5 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

There is no way you could have watched Gunfight play and say that about Alex.

I'm not exactly sure which thing said about Alex you're disagreeing with, but I watch Gunfight rather a lot (just about the only regular practice I get listening to French) and it isn't like Gunfight thought Alex was completely awful in season 4.

Seth is finally popular and Capcom attempts to kneecap them. They should have just did the health and stun nerfs with nothing else.

Nerfing the falling axe kick now that V-Shift is in the game seems dumb tbh. Divekicks will be mega risky against opponents with a V-Meter once we get used to using V-Shift.

Revert that shit, dial down Cammy's dive kick height restriction, give us back old Lightning legs, and give Juri her divekick.

#MakeDivekicksGreatAgain

Edited by HonebamiX
28 minutes ago, Reticently said:

I'm not exactly sure which thing said about Alex you're disagreeing with, but I watch Gunfight rather a lot (just about the only regular practice I get listening to French) and it isn't like Gunfight thought Alex was completely awful in season 4.

Well, I'll take the L on that one. I'm glad Capcom buffed Alex while keeping him "Alex." He kept his playstyle, they just made it more effective.  I guess the SF lead characters (Ryu/Alex) finally got their due in a patch. 

Unrelated Side Note: Desk made a cool V-Shift showcase.

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm old enough to be your father and I'm sure that I'm not the only one here. You are in college, best time of my life, enjoy man. I'm telling once you get out of college everything changes. Serious commentary aside, I wasn't going to call you old. Especially when you are still drinking similac 👀

Haha, it's all good, man. I'm almost in college, just gotta finish out this damn high school formality.

Also, as I recall it, I hated Similac. Much more of a breast guy. Funny how tastes change.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Apparently Kage out here celebrating Strive with Guilty Gear combos in SFV. All this tech coming out. I figured V-Shift would be the big thing but it's the changes they made to the characters. 

Kage got good buffs in general. Dude got a walkspeed buff and armor on VS1 lasts until the active frames. VT1 VS goes farther and you’ve already seen his Asura Senku combos. 

Ryu got buffed so hard even his dark hado cum stain got love

4 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

My turn to be that guy:  Juri's "divekick" wasn't a divekick, it was an A2A AA.

Nah it's primary use was to blow up fireballs but it's usage was fun. You used jump MP as the big money  air to air juggle starter.

However her divekick weren't always as unsafe if you don't mash and land lower on your opponents hurtboxes below the waist. However that usage is a total gimmick it's too unrealistic to do on most of the cast reliably.  Of course you could use it to be a menace to tall characters, naturally.

I just want Juri's divekick back. It's cool and another tool she lost. Meanwhile in SFV Ryodansatsu just sucks to use outside of tagging fireballs in neutral even then slower than most anti-fireball ex moves.  It looks like an overhead yet it isn't one and that makes me sad.

Edited by HonebamiX