Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

I actually watched some of BrianF last night and V Shift and the way that Dan pressures makes SFV look like a different game. 

The matches I watched where he was playing a Dan were, well...

Super boring. I'm assuming that because Brian doesn't know enough about Dan yet, or he's scared of the taunt cancels, he didn't whiff punish much, which means that movement and footsies slowed down, and there were a few points where they were sitting on full resources waiting for the other person to do something so they could vshift into big damage. 

It was weird. 

9 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Mad? Nah, you aren't worth my time. Hence I'd rather do waste more time on shit I don't like than associate with you. 

Apparently I'm still  worth enough that you keep replying to me.

Ok then Boomer, maybe next time.

Edited by Mr.Cipher
1 minute ago, KingTubb said:

FTFY 😏

For real tho, Martian told me to play him in SFV, and I just can't... 

I'm not touching anything that doesn't either have great netcode, or decent netcode with someone I know I have a good connection with. 

Time to fight me in Melty or BBCF then! Lets go..... oh wait you are on console right?

Nevermind then, I go back shilling Strive somewhere else.

We are two months out from Strives launch and I’m already sick of the Twitter “THATS A LOT OF DAMAGE” combo vids against chip.

Also, the OS’s for and against V-Shift are already starting to pop up, which is the one thing I was afraid of happening. I was just watching a clip where if you have the opponent cornered you can OS to beat

V-Shift

V-Shift break

V-Reversal

Blocking 

all in one sequence. Beating 4 options in one OS? Really don’t think that’s healthy for the game but it is what it is.

5 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

Not even SFIV had option selects *that* potent. I think. 

The big thing is that ironically you can V-Shift a couple of the options the opponent would use to get you off them, and you can hide the input behind other things so it only comes out if they do xyz (like how basically any OS works). 

What I will say is that the introduction of shift is an indirect buff to the dodge style V-Skills, since they don’t trigger shift’s slowdown and as a result are immune to some of the OS’s popping up. Before that having a strike VS with a KD was almost strictly better than the alternatives. 

1 hour ago, KingTubb said:

I'm not touching anything that doesn't either have great netcode, or decent netcode with someone I know I have a good connection with. 

Yeah, I’m the same way. I’m not playing SFV anymore. May still play Samsho and 3S/ST but only against you guys. I’m definitely going to play a lot of Rev2 and +R in the meantime (forgot I had it on PC, but haven’t played it yet).

3 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Yeah, I’m the same way. I’m not playing SFV anymore. May still play Samsho and 3S/ST but only against you guys. I’m definitely going to play a lot of Rev2 and +R in the meantime (forgot I had it on PC, but haven’t played it yet).

You have rev 2 on PC? 

If you’re actually gonna play it I’ll play with you, tho I’m totally trash lol 

2 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I have rev 2 but only on Steam. 

Tbh I don’t even know if I still have PS+ my PS4 isn’t even hooked up

Only thing I have on PC is SFV, Power Rangers, KI, SFIV, SFXT, MKX, and  KOFXIII. Okay, I have more than I thought. Actually I think I have a few more games but I don't think they are on Steam or GOG. My desktop has been sketchy since the last Windows Update though and I'm too stubborn to trouble shoot it. I may just take it to the shop. My laptop is all good though.

• "We've received a lot of requests from the players regarding implementing crossplay between the PC and console versions," said Strive Director Akira Katano in an answer to a fan question. "However, there are many problems that need to be overcome before it can be added to the game."

To get Strive to function between the platforms, ArcSys would need to add in a different way for their connection system to work which few fighting game devs have included currently.

"At this time, we've decided not to implement crossplay on release," continued Katano. "We are, however, looking into implementing it in the future. I hope you can support the game as we work towards crossplay implementation."

Source:

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2020/nov/12/guilty-gear-pc-crossplay/

They did implement Rollback from scratch... Let's see what happens from here.

2 hours ago, Vhozite said:

We are two months out from Strives launch and I’m already sick of the Twitter “THATS A LOT OF DAMAGE” combo vids against chip.

Also, the OS’s for and against V-Shift are already starting to pop up, which is the one thing I was afraid of happening. I was just watching a clip where if you have the opponent cornered you can OS to beat

V-Shift

V-Shift break

V-Reversal

Blocking 

all in one sequence. Beating 4 options in one OS? Really don’t think that’s healthy for the game but it is what it is.

Yeah I feel like Vshifting in the corner is a very bad idea. 

I know it’s still early but it looks to be useful more mid screen. 

7 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

@VhoziteI'd be up to join a SFV lobby tonight, trying to learn a new character just for fun.

Yeah it’s around that time where I’m getting kinda bored just using Nash and I want to mess around with a side character, but idk who. As much as I complain about him he’s definitely my favorite character and I miss having certain things when I swap off. He’s slow but a lot of characters are working with stubs compared to him. 

Thinking about giving Juri another go, but she always feels a bit complicated for a character I’m not using seriously. Her or maybe Kage.

2 hours ago, Volt said:

ArcSys gonna fukk around and add crossplay to Strive.

If we all believe in the power of friendship and Rollback, it'll happen!!!

Unless they get a way to continually monetize Strive, or the BB mobile game becomes a hit that the income is both steady and big enough to help fund other initiatives within the company don't count on it.

Crossplay requires you to own your own infrastructure, an infrastructure that has 24/7 costs attached to it, and that is more and more expensive the more connections you have.

If Strive ends running on the console manufacturers servers and steam servers, then the chances of crossplay are very low.

Man, you niggas sure are greedy fucks 🤣

Got a superb netcode and jump immediately to ask for the next thing 🤣

I already heard some fuckers say (not here) that they wouldnt bother with the game unless it has crossplay.

Edited by Hecatom