Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Only thing I have on PC is SFV, Power Rangers, KI, SFIV, SFXT, MKX, and  KOFXIII. Okay, I have more than I thought. Actually I think I have a few more games but I don't think they are on Steam or GOG. My desktop has been sketchy since the last Windows Update though and I'm too stubborn to trouble shoot it. I may just take it to the shop. My laptop is all good though.

This weekend Steam had the GG games for like 9 bucks each and Accent Core for 3.

Many games keep rotating to affordable prices.

IIRC DBFZ was like 40 the whole seasons and game.

I wanted to buy it, but i have some extra costs this month that halted me from doing it.

Hopefully on the golden week many japanese games become very cheap across multiple platforms.

So there is a chance to bolster your fg library during those days.

8 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

So many games become discord games, crossplay helps with that. 

Also I'm stuck on pc, fuckers.

I am not saying that crossplay is not desirable.

But people are not realistic with their expectations.

Many ask it to become a standard without understanding the many roadblocks to both set up, maintain it and keep it running for years.

Also, i doubt that the platform that outside some specific games, has always the smaller than 10% of the player population of the games will save any game from becoming a dreaded "discrod game".

Tangent

Also, fuck the people that throw the "discord game" shit as an excuse to not play games.

Specially when they only play people from the forums/reddit/facebook group they frequent 🤣

Every game is a discord game, i think that only DBFZ, Tekken, and SF are not that due their still large population, but i prefer to play people i know rather than throw a dice against randoms

Edited by Hecatom
18 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

This weekend Steam had the GG games for like 9 bucks each and Accent Core for 3.

Many games keep rotating to affordable prices.

IIRC DBFZ was like 40 the whole seasons and game.

I wanted to buy it, but i have some extra costs this month that halted me from doing it.

Hopefully on the golden week many japanese games become very cheap across multiple platforms.

So there is a chance to bolster your fg library during those days.

Shit, I have Accent Core on PC too

1 minute ago, Hecatom said:

Unless they get a way to continually monetize Strive, or the BB mobile game becomes a hit that the income is both steady and big enough to help fund other initiatives within the company don't count on it.

Crossplay requires you to own your own infrastructure, an infrastructure that has 24/7 costs attached to it, and that is more and more expenssive the more connections you have.

If Strive ends running on the console manufacturers servers and steam servers, then the chances of crossplay are very low.

Man, you niggas sure are greedy fucks 🤣

Got a superb netcode and jump immediately to ask for the next thing 🤣

I already heard some fuckers say (not here) that they wouldnt bother with the game unless it has crossplay.

We definitely getting greedy. 🤣

But yeah, Crossplay really is the next big thing. Maybe the last actually.

I mean, in this thread alone, let's say we got 20 players. 12 will be at PS, 8 on PC. Sure, that's enough for use to fill lobbies and get good matches. But it sucks that I won't be able to play Mattatsu and Tubb and @Darc_Requiemgot a legit excuse to duck me.

But yeah, hopefully, ArcSys gets everything sorted, their drive to improve wound up getting them that sweet ass deal to make DBFZ. Right now, they and Namco are the big dog FG devs. In no small part for excellent games with rollback. (Though I dunno how good Tekken's is.) ArcSys can cleanly one up Namco and dunk even harder on Capcom by succeeding where they failed with Crossplay.

But I agree, there are some costs to that arms race.

1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Shit, I have Accent Core on PC too

I am planning to buy some games eventually.

Right now i have AC+r, Samsho Collection, SFxT because my good friend Psychoblue gifted it to me years ago, despite knowing i don't like it XD, 2 Arcana Hearts 3, Fantasy Strike, Ultra Fight Da Kyanta 2, Injustice 1, and Es Laf++, which is still in developement.

29 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Got a superb netcode and jump immediately to ask for the next thing 🤣

squeaky wheel gets the oil 

30 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I already heard some fuckers say (not here) that they wouldnt bother with the game unless it has crossplay.

Those ding dongs are... well... ding dongs. Silly thing to say, especially if they dig everything else about it. 

But everyone's gotta choose a hill to die on, i guess 🤷‍♀️

Just now, Volt said:

We definitely getting greedy. 🤣

But yeah, Crossplay really is the next big thing. Maybe the last actually.

I mean, in this thread alone, let's say we got 20 players. 12 will be at PS, 8 on PC. Sure, that's enough for use to fill lobbies and get good matches. But it sucks that I won't be able to play Mattatsu and Tubb and @Darc_Requiemgot a legit excuse to duck me.

But yeah, hopefully, ArcSys gets everything sorted, their drive to improve wound up getting them that sweet ass deal to make DBFZ. Right now, they and Namco are the big dog FG devs. In no small part for excellent games with rollback. (Though I dunno how good Tekken's is.) ArcSys can cleanly one up Namco and dunk even harder on Capcom by succeeding where they failed with Crossplay.

But I agree, there are some costs to that arms race.

Crossplay will only become a standard if MS and Sony are willing to play ball between each other and allow that games hosted on their servers have it.

Right now, you are only able to do it if the company behind the game sets their own infrastructure, which is a huge roadblock for most.

Perhaps a solution would be that fg devs allowed what old school fps did and packaged what amounted to private servers with the games, so you can set up your own shit.

But that will still require that Sony and MS allowed games on it to divert traffic outside any kind of source outside their own servers and servers owned by the companies.

Right now the silverlining is that ASW is going to release a gacha game, BB Dark War, so pray that the whales and gacha gods bless it and is successful enough to help bolster the company bottom line.

Because the other alternatives are monetizing the game with costumes, battlepass, etc.

6 minutes ago, Skort said:

Wish i could still play SFxT also.  But you can't play it online anymore, at least not on PC.

Really?

I was under the impression that you could, since that is where the community behind the game is playing it.

Unless is only with Parsec.

I personally had hopes with the game back in the day, i actually was positive about the gems (until they halfassed them because the backlash).

But the game ended not fun to play for me.

I dont really like the backwards decision to add chains but punish you from using them.

And the presentation was just some steps away from MVCI 🤣

4 hours ago, Jocelot said:

Not even SFIV had option selects *that* potent. I think.

The hell it didn't. You also had guaranteed set ups/OS that were safe jumps for X framed reversals (most common was 4), then on top of that you had an OS based on what the opponent did. Most common was for the safe jump to also serve as a means to punish backdash.

So you safe jump, if they reversal you block, if they backdashed you swept, if they blocked you continue pressuring. Hopefully this wasn't happening to you during the pre-USF4 era otherwise then you could deal with an unblockable on top of it.

Cammy could back throw, immediately jump lk as a cross up that would beat block and would make reversal DPs whiff, if you didn't block it right, you got combed into a knockdown, if you backdash she could OS into spiral arrow to catch you, if you block you gotta eat a frame trap/throw situation (backthrow leads to the mix up I'm explaning) and if she had ultra, she could OS ultra in case Akuma got frisky and teleported.

Then of course you had crouch tech. Where you tech if they throw and do a low short if they don't. If the low short hits and you had a character that could cancel from them or link into a cancelable button, you were gonna have a bad time. Fei Long's crouch tech was also a hit confirm for rekkas.

29 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

squeaky wheel gets the oil 

Yeah, but netcode is a necessity those days, Crossplay is still a commodity.

A very desirable one, but still a commodity.

For a commodity to become a necessity, you need it to become a driving sale point that yields tangible profits over costs.

The population for most fgs is usually around between 75% to 90% on consoles (with Sony having the majority of the player base) and 25% to 10% on PC.

Lets not forget that for many ASW games it was so big the gap between the player base of Sony and MS for example that they dropped the Xbox games because it was not worth the costs vs profits.

Having crossplay has costs that go beyond the production of the game, since as long the game is running, you will have to keep both servers and staff for it.

So that forces you to introduce ways to keep games profitable to self sustain their own costs.

And, after the whole DOA6 fiasco (it was more than that, but it was a factor), where people now have problems with a game having multiple DLC, that is becoming a no option.

Season passes while common on other genres could be met with a push back on the fg circles.

A free to play route would potentially work, but you still need to have ways to self sustain the game.

And every negative shit the industry has come up with to do it (lootboxes, ridiculous prices for mtx and chars, subscriptions, etc)

Edited by Hecatom
4 minutes ago, Skort said:

Nah i'm all Bonita mode now sry brah.  

5mPgE5o.png

smh Volt had me running in here.

I'm loving the new patch overall but I wish it came with new trials.  Everyone is clearly different and I don't want twitter to be my sole source of new combos and tech.  

as for SFxT...

So the main things you'll need are 1) a fresh install of SFxT 2) the final version of GFWL, should be dated like 2014 3) the Xbox app from the Windows Store and 4) a working microsoft password. After that just wait however long it takes for the first GFWL log-in and off you go.

https://t.co/DgQxe4WsjH?amp=1

This covers the first two steps. However, if you still have Windows 7, you don't need any of this and can just log into GFWL normally.

Edited by Psychoblue
1 minute ago, Hecatom said:

Welcome to the Bonita church.

Right now i am ripping some mods i have found of her on SFV that i like and think will look nice on Blender, like the Glam mode from Brutalace.

Well, i aint' dropping Juri that is just not happening. 

But i decided to invest some more time in other characters as well, this is the last season of SFV, may as well go all in and play random stuff and just try and have fun,it's a game after all.   

Laura looks cool and i find her enjoyable to play. Gonna try hit platinum tomorrow with her 🙂 

Edited by Skort
4 minutes ago, Skort said:

I do, but that screenshot is not mine. Looks too meh. Mine actually much better   🤣

Thought as much.

If you feel like sharing that high poly sauce tho... 👀

4 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

smh Volt had me running in here.

I got mixed up. Those damn Laura players running those even when they ain't playin! 🤣

17 minutes ago, Skort said:

@Hecatom  you ripping actual mods ?  

Into what format ?  .fbx   / xps / .blend  / obj ? 

With ninja ripper and then importing them to blender. 

https://gamebanana.com/tools/5638

The problem is that at times i have to do a lot of legwork. 

But since it was the only tool i know that works for Honey Select, and works for others as well, i decided to try it and test the results. 

Just now, Flackaveli said:

That instant air Ex fireball buff for Kage is hella annoying lol

Yeah that shit is good against Sagat lol. You can do it low as possible to hit someone like Ryu but Sagat is tall and throwing them high ass shots. 

Between that and VS1 I feel like you gotta watch yourself against Kage. It’s still an uphill battle for him in neutral but he only needs to catch you slipping once and he already hits like a train.