Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

9 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

It’s only me an Yice since Darc just left 

I'm on my way. You have me added, Vhoz, so invite me. If not, my CFN is InvincibleHermit. I'll be waiting. Also I'm down to VC since I never play lounges without that. How can't you live trash talk?

2 minutes ago, GreatDarkHero said:

Hey, need a combo reference? I think I have a video with the notations still up. 

Sure I'll take a look, thanks. VT1 is too big brain for me though, if that's what it is. Right now I'm mostly missing punish opportunities or just getting mauled on defense.

39 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

Thanks for the games guys, was fun.

Watching your Menat was uber fun. One day I hope to fight it. Thanks for being patient with me!

GGs @Vhoziteand @Sonero.

I'm happy I got a round or two here vs both of you : )

Hopefully the connection improves, or, even better, we play offline. I'd like to lose in a better setting! I learned a lot about my game today.

So, since I'm at home today and my girl is here too, she did ask me what the fuzz about the Strive Beta was.

I did mention SFV trying to get attention with making the game free during the Beta periode and all that shit and then I got asked what is so special about SFV.

I then proceeded to show her the Characters and I had to laugh half the time, so here is what she said to every one of them. I did provide some background to them.

Noted she never played a SF game before and didn't know any of the characters, so cut her some slack.

Spoiler

Gill: So he is naked, in two colors has to much supply of hairspray and thinks he's god? Let me guess that fucker is low tier and all the edgy kids love him.

Kage: That looks like an edgy version of an existing character. Let me guess he is the alter Ego of the Protag. Fuck that guy is ugly, go to the next one before I puke X)

Falke: She looks alright, a bit Emo. Does that staff make Bonk sounds? Is she like Litchi. Looks like someone I would play.

Menat: She looks cute, but that hair looks dumb as hell. When she is a gymnast she must know how to move. Maybe thats someone I would play?

Akuma: This has to be the dumbest looking character I've ever seen. He looks like he hasn't cut his hair in a decade. A demon? Looks more like a deadass who run his dojo into a ground and now is angry and drunk because of that.

Alex: He looks like an Ork in human skin color lol, why has he french fries as hair?

Rashid: Looks like a Dragonball Character, that beard is funny tho.

R.Mika: I can relate to that one! Attacking people with her butt? Sounds like something I would do.

Chun-Li: Thats a lot of meat she got there, she looks pretty cute gotta say.

Ryu: oh hey it's the karate trainer from Pokemon just in angry. Thats the Protag? I bet he plays as boring as he looks.

Ken: Is he Pedophile or why does he look like that? I'm getting the creeps.

Cammy: Looks ok, Leotards are better for gymnastics than fighting, but I guess this goes ok? I like the hair tho!

Vega: Uh, looks pretty generic. Whos next?

Necalli: Oh hey he got tentacles for hair, bet he's popular with the ladys.

Guile: Judging from what I've seen so far I don't want to know whats under these sunglasses. I bet the airforce uses his hair as landing stripe for the planes.

Kolin: Let me guess, she is russian and does ballet? Iceskating, sounds cool, she looks ok, but that hair looks like playdoll clay.

Zeku: Looks cool, I like the young old style you get two characters in one. Looks nice, I like him.

Cody: A businessman I take? Looks ok I think

Poison: Why do I think she is popular for specific reasons? The Pink hair is real nice tho.

Seth: Thats a robot? A robot with boobs? I mean the hairstyle is nice and the look is good, but looks a bit to bland.

Honda: Is he related to Ganryu? Just another Sumo Wrestler, I mean he does look pretty ok to me.

G: Why is Abe Lincon in the game?

Sakura: She looks like she forgot to take her medicine. That grin freaks me out.

Ed: Is he the brother of the emo hair girl? Weird outfit.

Juri: That hair is weird. The eyepatch adds 500 points for me. That suit is also sexy, leaves no room for the imagination from the looks of it.

Ibuki: Whats wrong with her eyes? She looks good appart from those goblin eyes.

Laura: I can relate to her! Ain't a fan of that hair, but she does look quiet good.

Zangief: Not sure what to say? I take he's a wrestler, why do half the characters stare like that?

Karin: Hey drills! You don't see them very often. Looks pretty good, I like her.

Nash: Yeah I would try to hide my face too with a face like that. He's ugly, next!

Bison: Ok, he is definitly a Colgate model, there is no way in hell to have theeth like that and not making money with it! Looks pretty basic, but ok I think.

Birdie: I don't even want to know why he's looking at the chain like that. Next.

Dhalsim: Thats a Yoga master? Well lets hope that my eyes won't turn white from doing it, would be a shame wouldn't it?

FANG: That guy could be from a old chinese martial arts movie. His face is weird as hell tho.

Balrog: Just a Boxer from the looks of it. Doesn't look to exciting, I think Steve got the look better down.

Urien: Thats the brother of the edgy color guy? He looks even more tryhard edgy, does he have anger issues too, his face looks so damn aggresive.

Abigail: Is that a tire around his arm? What do you mean he thinks he's a car, what nutjob thinks he is a car for christs sake xD

Blanka: Oh hey an Ork. What do you mean he's a human? He looks like an Ork, he is an Ork!

Sagat: Looks like someone the edgy kids would love a lot. Why is half the cast made out of tryhard edgelords or angry looking mofos? I've seen more smiles in BB and Melty than here.

Lucia: Pretty cute. Guess everyone wants her on "their partys".

1 hour ago, Dayaan said:

I really miss watching Hannah Barbara cartoons

I.. really do not.  They always felt low-rent to me.  About the only older cartoon I liked was Tom and Jerry, and even then in short spurts.

Actually I don't remember hardly any cartoon I truly liked with a few exceptions.  I caught Battle of the Planets on network tv for its breif run. Blew my mind. Batman TAS was great but I was getting too old for cartoons by then.  Maybe Transformers cause I liked the toys first? 

4 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

I.. really do not.  They always felt low-rent to me.  About the only older cartoon I liked was Tom and Jerry, and even then in short spurts.

Actually I don't remember hardly any cartoon I truly liked with a few exceptions.  I caught Battle of the Planets on network tv for its breif run. Blew my mind. Batman TAS was great but I was getting too old for cartoons by then.  Maybe Transformers cause I liked the toys first? 

I can understand that. I also liked the older Tom and Jerry shows and had a whole DVD book filled with them. Batman was great. Loved it, but I spent way more time watch Spider-Man TAS and also Batman Beyond (which was called Batman of the Future in Pakistan and the UAE). Who remembers Spider-Man Unlimited? Lol, that show disappeared but was goated.

I watched *some* Transformers cartoons. I've seen all but the latest live-action ones. I played Devastation on the PS4, among others, but despite all this I never had a major attachment to the franchise. Oh well.

24 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

I wonder if anyone remembers Spiderman the New Animated Series. The 2003 one with Neil Patrick Harris. 

I remember liking it but I can't remember if it was actually good or just good because you like everything when you're 12 years old

I do! It was great for me. Recently, Spider-Man Twitter (yes, that's somehow a thing) has experienced a resurgence of appreciation for that show. So many nice blacks and blues in that show! Really worked well with the reds and yellows of the characters...

30 minutes ago, Sonero said:

You don't have a girlfriend, you have a Nintendo DS.

Lol.  With words like bonk and Colgate I was thinking it sounds like you're just getting your own opinions regurgitated back to you. 

Which makes her either an amazingly supportive gf that truly listens to you and/or she has the starring role in your favorite visual novel. 😂

8 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Lol.  With words like bonk and Colgate I was thinking it sounds like you're just getting your own opinions regurgitated back to you. 

Which makes her either an amazingly supportive gf that truly listens to you and/or she has the starring role in your favorite visual novel. 😂

We know each other since 12 years and are together since 2.

I didn't even knew she liked FGs until she told me she used to play Tekken 3 all the time as kid, considering that 3/4 of the Jackie Chan films on the shelf are hers, I am not surprised.