Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

6 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

vshift

giphy.gif

I watched this back during my freshman year in highschool... 

@Shakunetsumy age is really starting to show here. 

As crazy of a concept this was, this was the real shit back in the day. 

The old days where niggas were fucking each other up on SFA3, CVS2, T5DR/TTT1, 98/OG02, DOA3.1/DOA4, MVC2... 
Mortal Kombat: Deception (this was a unplayable mess in competitions but god damn it, it was fun as hell to play on the PSP). MK2 was still *mostly* viable IIRC. 

As far as that Mugen stuff was concerned, it was stupid. Funny. But, stupid. 

There were folks replicating this on youtube on that engine. 

Edited by GreatDarkHero

I suspect that Rose will be due by Spring, which where I'll actually make a comeback in to this for the last time, before SFVI rolls around the block.

But, this is going to sound like a completely random ass question: 

What is the consensus of Dragon Ball FighterZ? 

I thought about getting the game just because I like the idea of playing specific characters to smack some dudes around with. 
Specifically, my boy Cooler, Trunks, UI Goku, Broly (Canon), Piccolo, 17 and Gogeta. 

How do others feel about the game... currently? As in netcode, playability, and overall package? 

spacer.png

Edited by GreatDarkHero
9 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Glad to hear about the sound fix.  Blind Warrior Sven is unable to play the game in mono. I didn't realize how varied the audio was in SFV until I heard about him. Dude is blind plays through sound.

Every time I hear about guys like this or Brolylegs I wonder why I’m not better at this game or literally anything I want to do. I don’t have an excuse. 

1 hour ago, GreatDarkHero said:

I suspect that Rose will be due by Spring, which where I'll actually make a comeback in to this for the last time, before SFVI rolls around the block.

But, this is going to sound like a completely random ass question: 

What is the consensus of Dragon Ball FighterZ? 

I thought about getting the game just because I like the idea of playing specific characters to smack some dudes around with. 
Specifically, my boy Cooler, Trunks, UI Goku, Broly (Canon), Piccolo, 17 and Gogeta. 

How do others feel about the game... currently? As in netcode, playability, and overall package? 

spacer.png

Great game. Bad netcode. 10/10 recommendation potential. Do not play during pandemic. 

52 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Hope SNK can actually pull off the netcode wonder that ASW did. 

A little worried that they said "internal" which implies that it's going to be a proprietary SNK thing. 

Which means there's a real chance that it'll be doodoo bananas bad. ASW had some GGPO gurus helping them out iirc. 

Yeah, I think the KI rollback dude did GGST... I am a little suspect of this internal rollback as well.

12 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Glad to hear about the sound fix.  Blind Warrior Sven is unable to play the game in mono. I didn't realize how varied the audio was in SFV until I heard about him. Dude is blind plays through sound.

Learning to fight/punish/work by sound is a good tactic, sure you're not blind and won't work completly on it, but it can work.

I learnd to escape certain Strings in BB by the sound of the Move.

4 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

I am a little suspect of this internal rollback as well.

SNK is not a big studio and doesn't have a lot of money. In comparison, Capcom had to take 2 tries at making decent netcode (SFV->MvCi)

I'd be excited if SamSho had rollback, but it didn't... 

Was the rollback in the rereleased SNK games done in house? I know code mystics did LB2 and Garou, but was it SNK proper that did 02UM, or was that code mystics? 

7 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Oh, sick!

Found footage of KoF15 netcode on launch:

Hide contents

Fire Garbage GIF

Lol, could be. We’ll have to wait and see... I am curious if they’re planning/willing to at least hire consultants/advisors for help. If they’re still doing the coding, it would still be “internal”.... I think

Edited by Mattatsu

The KOF15 rollback stuff is interesting. Not that I'm super invested in KOF but broadly any rollback attempt is better than them not trying at all. With some effort they should be able to get something solid out the door, even if it isn't Strive level or anything. The way I would interpret "internal" is "we don't want to spend money to hire anyone to do this so we're going to figure this out." Considering that a variety of indie FGs have been able to implement working rollback hopefully the KOF team can figure it out.

Hell even if it releases in a jank state at least the groundwork is out there and you can refine it. The biggest issue with SFV's netcode hasn't been the jank with it, it has been that they have never really sat down and re-addressed it. 

1 hour ago, GetTheTables said:

The KOF15 rollback stuff is interesting. Not that I'm super invested in KOF but broadly any rollback attempt is better than them not trying at all. With some effort they should be able to get something solid out the door, even if it isn't Strive level or anything. The way I would interpret "internal" is "we don't want to spend money to hire anyone to do this so we're going to figure this out." Considering that a variety of indie FGs have been able to implement working rollback hopefully the KOF team can figure it out.

Hell even if it releases in a jank state at least the groundwork is out there and you can refine it. The biggest issue with SFV's netcode hasn't been the jank with it, it has been that they have never really sat down and re-addressed it. 

That's my take on it too.  Didn't Fighting EX layer with it's non-existent budget manage to implement decent rollback?  Them's Fighting Herds did it as well.  SNK probably should be able to pull it off if these indie fighting games are doing it.  

It's good that they changed it now before i got the chance to get used to it's distance.  This also leaves Juri a bit closer , so her buttons will reach better for a punish. There are two sides of the coin.

But this is Capcom,so i fear that the they will not make it on part with all the rest, but make it worst then all the others while taking a year to revert the change, if they even bother to do that.

Edited by Skort