Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

28 minutes ago, Volt said:

Funny, I had the exact opposite problem with OBS. Every time I tried to use it, it's like I got hit with a Roman Cancel. 🤣

Do you know how the custom overlay for streaming and the like works? Been wanting to use it but because of their idiotic name change, it's actually harder to find results regarding "overlay".

Shadowplay was a cooler name too. These morons. 🤣

Havent used that feature yet but i'll look into it when I get home.

The guy behind the 3rd strike theme, announcer and audio

5 minutes ago, Skort said:

Bro....I legit felt my shitty phone overheat from translating that page into english lmao.

The google translate is lol

Spoiler

Street Fighter Showdown: New Fighter Intelligence丨Bloodthirsty Queen! The Son of the Abyss Witch Spider Li is about to debut

From customer service tool, Xiaoli

On March 1, "Street Fighter: Showdown" is about to open a new round of monthly events. Everyone who participates in the event will receive the new dark fighter Witch Shuli and rare item rewards!

The witch Shuli is a dark-attribute fighter with a decent burst of damage. She can transform herself into a dying state, gaining a huge output boost! Want to feel the thrill of a bloodthirsty outbreak? Then don't miss this opportunity to get acquainted with the witch Sulli! Growing up under adversity in the battle to achieve the legendary son of the abyss Witch Shuli is the descendant of the demon from the 137th floor of the endless abyss, where the living environment is extremely harsh, and the racial attributes are also quite chaotic. From the moment she was born, her incompetent parents hadn't taken care of her. All she could rely on was herself! Relying on the racial talent of the demon race, after Spider Li swallowed the eggshell that gave birth to her, the creamy egg fluid on her body began to dry quickly, the soft and small scales began to harden gradually, and the nails of her hands began to become sharp. A legend begins here! "From now on, try to survive for yourself, come on!"

Survival In order to obtain food, Spider Li can hide for nearly 5 hours to hunt a red deer drinking water by the river bank. This is the struggle of a little devil to survive. As time goes by, the little demon gradually grows into a mature body, and the fierce battles have tempered a weak demon into a new and powerful demon! In countless fierce battles of the weak and the strong, a powerful warrior was born! "This is enough for me to eat for a week. The smell of fresh meat is woof, and I must be full this time!" As the rumors become stronger and stronger, there are more and more rumors about her! Some people say that she smashed the entire bloody fist war squad and defeated the Hydra. Some people say that she is huge and terrifying. In short, the spider Li in the rumors is an out-and-out demon, and she is therefore called a bloodthirsty witch! "I heard that the witch is eight feet tall, eight feet long, with three heads, six arms, and blue-faced fangs." The battle is about to come and the reputation of being too loud has caused Zu Li annoyance. The demon lord issued a reward order, recruiting mercenaries at a large price to capture the spider. Although the brilliant record of Spider Li made these mercenaries a little jealous, under the trend of money and beauty, the greedy team of fists still decided to round up against Spider Li. "In the abyss of horror, the more beautiful creatures are more dangerous, be careful of your head! This is not a guy that can be easily dealt with!" The bloody fist team of the succubus queen finally found the beautiful figure on the reward order. At that time, what they didn't know was what kind of scary guy they met! The bloody clouds of smoke drifted past, witnessing the result of this battle: the completely destroyed squad and the still standing shadow! This is one of the thousands of battles that a son of the abyss has grown into a true legend. What can be known is that in order to become the real strong, the bloodthirsty witch will continue to fight in order to become stronger. "How can a domestic dog that grows in a peaceful environment be worthy of fighting a wild wolf struggling to survive in the wilderness? This will only be a torture." The bloodthirsty witch, forged a legend! "Street Fighter: Duel", the new dark fighter Witch Shuli is coming soon. If you want to experience the power of this Abyssal Child, wait until the March event opens, and get your own Witch Shuli! Interactive topic What do you think of the image of the new fighter witch Shuli? May wish to leave a message in the comment area and discuss it with everyone!

Edited by Shakunetsu

Damn man, 2023 seems so far off. 

I definitely don't want a rushed game but would like SF 6 to be a 2022 title. But since season 5 is gonna be released during this entire year most likely they want it to last the next year as well 2022. 

I hope they at least start showing some teasers of the next title.

Double Post. Sense it is Chun-Li's birthday, she figures that she'll shower up and start her own party later. 

Click the spoiler at your own risk. This is one of Chun-Li's most important plot material and game mechanics and it is *NOT* for the faint of heart. 

(Notification: If anyone sees me get banned, you'll know exactly why. Just a heads up. My death via Shun Goku Satsu is imminent). 

spacer.png

Edited by GreatDarkHero

@VhoziteI'm not usually a fan of these whole sequences,  but, exception here, think the reset idea is cool. And at least it doesn't start with a throw and blocked ex dp.

Dunno if you've seen, I've tried, but VT2 insta-stop feels really tricky for me. Are there any tips, or is it just a matter of practise?

Edited by JustBrowsing
I can't type
1 hour ago, JustBrowsing said:

@VhoziteI'm not usually a fan of these whole sequences,  but, exception here, think the reset idea is cool. And at least it doesn't start with a throw and blocked ex dp.

Dunno if you've seen, I've tried, but VT2 insta-stop feels really tricky for me. Are there any tips, or is it just a matter of practise?

Yeah I’ve seen resets like this before, though not at this level. VT2 got buffed in the patch by having its drainage reworked so you do more stuff like this. He can also juggle straight into EX.Tragedy off a dash stop and even side switch with it, but you gotta be fast. 

Tbh though I really just don’t like that VT even though it’s probably the stronger option in terms of raw power. As you noted the dash stop stuff can be tricky, and really I just don’t like a 3 bar VT on Nash since he (or at least I) gets a lot of mileage from VR. But most importantly everything you see people do with this VT requires you to get an initial hit...it doesn’t create great offensive opportunities on its own and it lacks additional neutral presence outside of gimmick shit like boom xx dash. I don’t even practice stuff like that Twitter clip because it doesn’t mesh with my style even though I probably really should learn it. Teleport is too fundamental to how I play him.

Edited by Vhozite
7 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

Do you guys think Capcom will release one more physical version of SF5 with season 5 dlc?

Or will they just expect folks to buy champion edition and just buy  the online pass to finish the content?

Keep giving them ideas and imma have to kick your ass, homie.

2 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

sweet_jesus.gif

To be honest I haven't really played SF5 enough to notice a difference with Bison. I'm trash with him at this point anyway 🤣

Yeah wall jumps, Kolin's double jump, Dhalsim's float etc.  You get clipped and you getting juggled fam. God forbid your opponent is using Kage. You'll get juggled the entire round. With Sim, the float is far more key to his kit than wall jumps and even Kolin's double jump. So yeah....I don't know how it'll ultimately pan out but it's not looking for Yoga.

7 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah wall jumps, Kolin's double jump, Dhalsim's float etc.  You get clipped and you getting juggled fam. God forbid your opponent is using Kage. You'll get juggled the entire round. With Sim, the float is far more key to his kit than wall jumps and even Kolin's double jump. So yeah....I don't know how it'll ultimately pan out but it's not looking for Yoga.

I think it’s unfortunate that Sim got destroyed because of this change but really I think it’s a very good one otherwise. Extra air mobility is extremely powerful and I think there should be some extra reward for blowing it up.

Counter hit status is something I’ve wanted on all air actions for a while now and this is a good start. 

While the change nerfed Sim's VS 1 a lot I believe that the change that affected him the most without a doubt is the nerf to AA jab. 

Pair that with making his cr mp slower and it became much riskier for him to throw big buttons towards you.

With pretty much 90% of people hating to fight Sim I don't know if much remorse will be felt towards the pacifist that is "not fond of conflict" that likes to burn people alive.

31 minutes ago, Skort said:

While the change nerfed Sim's VS 1 a lot I believe that the change that affected him the most without a doubt is the nerf to AA jab. 

Pair that with making his cr mp slower and it became much riskier for him to throw big buttons towards you.

With pretty much 90% of people hating to fight Sim I don't know if much remorse will be felt towards the pacifist that is "not fond of conflict" that likes to burn people alive.

I think most of the SF cast in fun. Uniqueness is NOT an indicator of fun in my opinion. Ken, Ryu, Gouki, Karin and Guile are all hype and fun to play. Despite this, I also think that SFV has the worst characters in all of fighting game history, and I'm including Smash here too just to illustrate my point. Ed, Falke, Abigail are great examples of high quality horseshit. Delete them, never bring them back. Dhalsim is included in this too for me, but interestingly enough, I only think he's poorly designed in this game specifically. He HAS to be either really nice or really neutered (not necessarily bad). I'm glad they put him in his curry munching place like the rest of us...

3 hours ago, Skort said:

Sim got deleted so Ryu could be added to the game. Fair trade IMO. 

13 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Is that Kolin or Millia Rage. It looks more like Millia, not busty enough to be Kolin.

Kolin

I knew that people would have problems recognizing her, which is why i put her with other SF chars, but i think i should have put her between other chars so it was more obvious 🤣

Edited by Hecatom
22 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Kolin

I knew that people would have problems recognizing her, which is why i put her with other SF chars, but i think i should have put her between other chars so it was more obvious 🤣

The artist is very talented but they drew a Kolin that's built like Cammy. Kolin is way thicker than that. She's 5'6 143lbs fam.

2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The artist is very talented but they drew a Kolin that's built like Cammy. Kolin is way thicker than that. She's 5'6 143lbs fam.

Maybe is a younger Kolin, who knows, 🤷‍♂️

But what i know is that i would love to see those costumes on...

... SF6, because SFV artstyle while i am acostmed now, is kind of fugly.

Edited by Hecatom