Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

13 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

The Strive delay made me forget we had a character reveal for KOF tonight

From the looks of the trailer it appears Andy gets confronted by Mai as she demands to know why he's been ghosting her for over 25 years

18 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Strive getting pushed to June is a good thing since the lobbies were a travesty.  They already had one of the coolest lobby systems out there.  Bring back the cute little avatars and the arcade machines.  If it ain't broke don't fix it.  

You had me agreeing in the first half... What's wrong with menus? I don't need to see low tier warriors showing off their shallow personality with their shitty and quirky avatars...

Why do I have to walk in game to play the game?? I'm playing the game so I don't have to exercise! Clearly ASW doesn't know their fats- I mean mean fans.

6 minutes ago, Volt said:

I mean, there is a quick match function...

But yeah, the lobbies... were just straight up trash. You need to play Smash before you get to play Strive, that's just wack af.

What's wrong old man? Don't know how to wavedash to find your friend in the lobby? Can't L cancel your way to a match? What a scrub.

9 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

You had me agreeing in the first half... What's wrong with menus? I don't need to see low tier warriors showing off their shallow personality with their shitty and quirky avatars...

Why do I have to walk in game to play the game?? I'm playing the game so I don't have to exercise! Clearly ASW doesn't know their fats- I mean mean fans.

Menu's would be the safe route, I have no problem with that either.  I think the avatar / arcade system is fun, it adds a bit of personality to the game.  It seemed to be what arcsys was trying to go for with the Strive lobbies.   I just don't understand why they felt the need to overhaul the old system and make it worse.....

2 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

What's wrong old man? Don't know how to wavedash to find your friend in the lobby? Can't L cancel your way to a match? What a scrub.

The problem is that the Lobbies actually use Smash Ultimate's netcode.

You can't do that shit either, now get off my lawn! And it's Z-Cancels! Only these Melee babies Z-Cancel with the wrong button!!!

43 minutes ago, Volt said:

The problem is that the Lobbies actually use Smash Ultimate's netcode.

You can't do that shit either, now get off my lawn! And it's Z-Cancels! Only these Melee babies Z-Cancel with the wrong button!!!

You seem to know a lot? Care to share with the class?

39 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

There will be an Anji and I-no gameplay in less than four hours.

image0.webp

If I had to guess, it will be similar to their Millia and Zato video from a while ago.

They'll be taking questions huh...

Only things I'm curious about are if they're porting the +R training mode update and if there will be IKs in this game. (even though no one uses them for real lmao)

Anything else worth asking about besides "When's Crossplay?" (Just to show interest.)

I'm kinda surprised that KOFworld was canon and the Orochi Team is alive that they form a band again after being release from Verse

If Mature and Vice is alive and separate to IORI this time

I think there would be TEAM RUGAL where Mature and Vice would be

Since Orochi boss are quickly eliminated in the last ending of the game

I wonder if Goenitz paring with the likes of either Magaki, Saiki or Mukai could be interesting 

There is also a chance of a BOSS TEAM like Zero, Krizalid and Ignitz

I like Krizalid and Mukai 

26 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

As long as there’s not 600 questions asking ‘Where’s Baiken?’

I want 600 questions of "Where's Bridget?"

Followed by 600 "that guy" responses of "Bruh, you know that Bridget is a dude, right?"

Most people that get a boner from Bridget are well aware, but the one dude who isn't got me like:

Relaxed Mad Men GIF

Edited by KingTubb

Pot will be stronk to put the fear of god into people who think he is someone as weak, pathetic and unimportant as Zangief!

Pot is a god damn weapon they drop from a Plane, he throws Gears the size of a Skyscrapper and is a hero in his nation, he got his own statue!

What is the hobby of such a giant mountain of a man?

Someone who is more muscle than human?

The walking Tank, named after a Russian Battleship, that is named after a Russian Minister.

Painting lol.

13 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I don't understand why people think Strive is being delayed to address balance issues

They might do a little tweaking (adjusting damage doesn't take much time to change), but nothing crazy, and they'll deal with any obvious game breaking bugs. They wouldn't delay the game 2 months unless Pot was ULTRA MEGA GAME RUINING BUSTED, and had to be rebuilt from the ground up. Which he isn't. 

But the kara buster is staying in. It was so easy to do, that they planned on it being there. 

Edited by KingTubb
5 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

I brought this up on the Discord, but would anyone here be unopposed to a submissions page for a Noob FG Terminology page? Contributions are always welcome, so any input helps.

Apparently, SRK Wiki got its shit together (at least for SFV) and Dustloop Wiki is still the GOAT so I don't think there's much of a need for that, they cover it.

Would anyone be interested in making a News page?

Obviously, we don't have a lot of FG News that could be covered every day, so the biggest thing would be producing quality filler like small articles covering bits of actual FG stuff so people can improve, tech roundups, shilling video guides and matches... Whatever y'all think it's actually important instead of the kind of garbage EScrubs puts out.

41 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

You should all use this time to play Rev2 or AC+R on Steam.

Get the basics of anime down to be prepared for Strive, don't forget to join the Discord and use it to play with others.

I actually tried to play +R but limiting myself to Strive gatlings to not mess up muscle memory.

It doesn't work. 

I do want to get some practice in tho, despite the fact that right now, I only got Switch +R's training mode. What do you think I should work on?

20 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I really wish people would learn to read. I don't understand why people think Strive is being delayed to address balance issues when Arc's tweets clearly state they are addressing the lobbies and server stability. The two biggest issues the beta had. They are not nerfing Pot this close to release. Get over it!

People need to harden the fuck up.

Everyone played the game for what, 3 days? The game isn't in the universe of settled enough to start really caring about balance. I'm sure some stuff will get tweaked between beta and launch but odds are really good it is stuff the devs were going to tweak anyways.

Even if something launches in a horribly busted state, its not like the game isn't getting patched with every character release, and then with every "season". The modern game model actually makes me appreciate any really fucked up-broken moments more because they are often eventually smoothed over. Remember mid-screen wall bounces from Mika's Irish Whip? Good times.

The version of Strive we'll be playing in June 2021 will be very different than what we'll be playing in June 2022, June 2023, or June 2024. If Pot and Ram are god-beasts in that version, let them enjoy their time in the sun. Come 2023 you'll have people clamoring for Pot buffs after he was "over nerfed in Season 2" or some such. 

1 minute ago, GetTheTables said:

People need to harden the fuck up.

Everyone played the game for what, 3 days? The game isn't in the universe of settled enough to start really caring about balance. I'm sure some stuff will get tweaked between beta and launch but odds are really good it is stuff the devs were going to tweak anyways.

Even if something launches in a horribly busted state, its not like the game isn't getting patched with every character release, and then with every "season". The modern game model actually makes me appreciate any really fucked up-broken moments more because they are often eventually smoothed over. Remember mid-screen wall bounces from Mika's Irish Whip? Good times.

The version of Strive we'll be playing in June 2021 will be very different than what we'll be playing in June 2022, June 2023, or June 2024. If Pot and Ram are god-beasts in that version, let them enjoy their time in the sun. Come 2023 you'll have people clamoring for Pot buffs after he was "over nerfed in Season 2" or some such. 

But bro I remember Animal Crossing on the GameCube released one time and we had it. Why can't Strive be like that smh.