Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

12 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I wonder if western devs will be interested n having ASW involved on a fg on their ip.

I can see a OW fg being popular enough, specially now that Riot is doing their on FG, and most of their moves seem to be oriented to position themselves over more esports niches.

This is the old ass in me, that grew up on the 90’s X-Men cartoon, that loved MVC2 largely because of that... I was thinking that ASW would make a wicked game with the Marvel (or even just X-Men) IP. Perhaps beaten to death, but no game since mvc2 has satisfied that itch to me.

1 minute ago, Mattatsu said:

This is the old ass in me, that grew up on the 90’s X-Men cartoon, that loved MVC2 largely because of that... I was thinking that ASW would make a wicked game with the Marvel (or even just X-Men) IP. Perhaps beaten to death, but no game since mvc2 has satisfied that itch to me.

Too bad that for that to happen, it would be needed that ASW approaches Disney/Marvel to get the license.

As it is now, they are not interested on making games, but selling the rights to do the games to those who are interested.

I don't doubt a fg made by them would sell like hotcakes, but i don't see them approaching the Disney for an opportunity to do so.

But, I can see, (although not very likely)  Capcom teaming with ASW again for a MVC game, is more like a dream, but it could happen.

They already teamed up for Sengoku Basara X, which while a fucking Kusoge, it was a fun game.

It just had the tragedy of being treated like a side project by both companies, with a very rushed development at the end of the life cycle of the PS2. 

IIRC, it just had like 2 years of development, with the last year still being iterated on what mechanics it would have, and running on the Hokuto no Ken engine, which lead to have a variation of the same dribbling bug that allowed for some dumb infinites.

Plus some more, due having the mechanics changed.

There was a wall to wall infinite that was triggered because the game removed the necessity  of bar on the sending to a wall effect after an special attack.

Before that it required meter on some local tests, but after some point it was removed.

It also didn't help that the local tests were filled not by players but by the yaoi fangirls of the series, screaming kakkoii and other fangirl shit at the screen 🤣

17 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Shit

Rich coming from you.

I am not the dude trying to deny reality and trying to boost his self worth based on what platform i choose to play, but like i said, whatever you say triggle.

But i would humor your stupid ass

Tekken 7 as for September 2020 had sold over 6 million units.

If we were to take the estimated numbers for Tekken on steam at face value, we could say it has around 1 million players on it.

Lets be generous and say it is 1.5 million.

That even for being a big number, is still the minority.

If we go by the numbers of more niche games, you see a trend that is always between 10 to 25% of the player base being on PC.

Those are hard quantitative facts.

But what do i know, i am just a boomer yelling at clouds according to your turd brain.

I always back my points, that you decide to ignore reality and don't read is your problem, not mine.

Edited by Hecatom
5 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Here we go, I am motivated again!

So based on active player base we can deduce that BBTAG has a chance, BBCF and Xrd, who knows.

I know they are played, but dunno if they would deem the numbers worth of pursuing updates for the games.

We can forget about Battle Fantasia 🤣

That game imo got shafted hardly by the circumstances.

And the worst part is that according to Ono it was one of the catalysts of getting SFIV greenlit.

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3791/saving_street_fighter_yoshi_ono_.php?print=1

The Tekken community is mainly on PC, duo to the Version being better since release and the console version being ass.

That will everyone tell you.

Sold copies also don't equivalent active playerbase and there PC simply outlifes the console.

Also there are multiple games that have basically the entire community on PC, duo to it being either the better version or thanks to stuff like Discord and Parsec.

Or it's shit like Fightcade, that has seen much better days.

1 minute ago, Mattatsu said:

I just checked US East lobbies at peak time and not a single player in any of the regions. Maybe 20 or so people playing in public rooms, which aren’t separated by region, so yeah.....

IIRC most people actually prefer to play in private lobbies.

But yes, since the game is quite old by now, is hard to know if they will consider to release a patch for it.

It would maybe boost some sales on it, but with SF Strive being close, they will probably be more interested on focusing on that game than patching an old game.

13 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

IIRC most people actually prefer to play in private lobbies.

But yes, since the game is quite old by now, is hard to know if they will consider to release a patch for it.

It would maybe boost some sales on it, but with SF Strive being close, they will probably be more interested on focusing on that game than patching an old game.

Yeah, I don’t see them patching a game that is well past its life-span other than maybe BBCF because there is quite a push for it on Twitter right now and I think it’s already trending.

25 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

mkc1p86302l61.jpg

Great image. I remember reading an interview with Omar Dog like 2 or 3 years ago, since becoming married and having a family, it's like he's disconnected from video games, manga and comics. The gist was that he has a very superficial knowledge of the characters he's commissioned to draw but he doesn't keep up with what companies are doing anymore. It was kinda sad to read that.

18 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

especially they had this intro in japan

even the music lol

I never got why people blur the other dude's CFN while leaving their own on screen. 

You  know we can just visit the CFN of the other dude and search for the replay ( most likely a recent one ) featuring the blured out dude right ? 

Anyway, Laura stream is up.  Watch me struggle trying to figure out this character and lose points. Good times my friends.

Edited by Skort
41 minutes ago, Skort said:

I never got why people blur the other dude's CFN while leaving their own on screen. 

You  know we can just visit the CFN of the other dude and search for the replay ( most likely a recent one ) featuring the blured out dude right ? 

Anyway, Laura stream is up.  Watch me struggle trying to figure out this character and lose points. Good times my friends.

Snip

Use the more spicy mods :coffee:

Edited by Hecatom
3 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Just some more food for thought

His chat voted for PC with 73%

Guys, sell the consoles and get a PC or don't sell the console and get a PC anyway.

Join the Master Race today!!

Also Melty is on PC, go get that as well, it has rollback, not as good as Strives, but better than what you have otherwise.

Tbh, this is purely made up BS, but I feel like more people watching streams are on PC... I don’t know why.

and no, I’m happy with console. It suits me better.

17 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Tbh, this is purely made up BS, but I feel like more people watching streams are on PC... I don’t know why.

and no, I’m happy with console. It suits me better.

Basing conclusions on a stream chat vote means nothing.   Jiyuna said himself he plays mostly on console lol.  

Cipher should be channeling his energy into getting crossplay, not worrying about platform wars.  

Why should I channel energy into something already confirmed?

Why would I buy fuel, when the tank is full.

I will also happy turn that option off, like in SFV, every PS4 player either rollbacked like shit or..... wait they always rollbacked, cause the PS4 can't hold consistent 60fps in training stage.

Really the superior plattform to play on.

Also missing out on AC+R Netcode because, the majority of the playerbase isn't affected! Is one of the dumbest things I've read in the last year and perfectly reflects the mindset of console peasants.

6 hours ago, Volt said:

Wasn't ArcSys supposed to answer questions and the like on yesterday's stream?

We got a list of those or any TL;DR?

Roofle has a video on it 

I couldn’t find the actual interview and apparently some of it may have been lost in translation but:

1) With enough demand, it may be possible to implement rollback in their previous games.

2) They’re looking into the possibility of doing a second open beta.

They been porting a lot of Xbox titles to PC lately.  I kinda see it on the PS titles as well, Horizon, Days Gone , probably others.   

What i dislike are exclusive deals , like forcing the consumer to buy a certain platform in order to play that game, lets say God of War for example. But it is what it is, money talks and they have to lure people in somehow. 

Nothing against consoles , just can't justify dropping the money only to play a few titles that i would like.

7 minutes ago, Skort said:

They been porting a lot of Xbox titles to PC lately.  I kinda see it on the PS titles as well, Horizon, Days Gone , probably others.   

What i dislike are exclusive deals , like forcing the consumer to buy a certain platform in order to play that game, lets say God of War for example. But it is what it is, money talks and they have to lure people in somehow. 

Nothing against consoles , just can't justify dropping the money only to play a few titles that i would like.

God of War is a first-party title though. It's like Mario appearing only on Nintendo consoles.

Edited by AriesWarlock
2 minutes ago, Skort said:

Exclusives are the bread and butter of consoles.

Dunno why get mad about that.

Consoles live and die by their exclusives, is the whole point of them.

Another thing to consider, PC ports of Japanese games (the ones I am interested in anyway) are badly optimized. Dead or Alive 5, Nier Automata, Nioh, DMC3, etc. While on console you know it's going to play without as many hiccups. You may get lucky if modders decide to fix a game, but good luck with that.

Edited by AriesWarlock