Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

14 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

You mean Toyotaro. He's the one writing the manga. Yes the Dragon Ball AF guy has been writing the manga. Lord Zeno help us all.

No, I didn't.

Written by Akira Toriyama. I think he took over after the anime ended. Toyotaro is just drawing it now.

Spoiler

spacer.png

Edited by Volt

You know, i was thinking that there is a mode that people should ask more frequently to devs that is rarely spoken about.

Online training modes.

It would be nice if it became a standard.

I have friends i am teaching the basis of DBFZ for example, and it would be great to have the training tools available when teaching them online.

3 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

You know, i was thinking that there is a mode that people should ask more frequently to devs that is rarely spoken about.

Online training modes.

It would be nice if it became a standard.

I have friends i am teaching the basis of DBFZ for example, and it would be great to have the training tools available when teaching them online.

I never got into Samsho but it had this mode i was interested about. 

Devs said you can use a  "ghost" version of other players that tries to copy their game style. Is this in the game ? And if it is, is it actually good ? 

32 minutes ago, Skort said:

I never got into Samsho but it had this mode i was interested about. 

Devs said you can use a  "ghost" version of other players that tries to copy their game style. Is this in the game ? And if it is, is it actually good ? 

No, it’s terrible. I fought against my own ghost to test it and dude was playing Haohmaru like it was Millia Rage. My ghost never stopped mashing jump. It would even mash buttons in neutral, even at full screen. I remember laughing really hard when it was mashing his kick at full screen like a dozen times in a row

the first time I fought it was very early on, and it did moves I never even did outside of training.

I played it later on to see if it improved with more data and it did not

Edited by Mattatsu
36 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

No, it’s terrible. I fought against my own ghost to test it and dude was playing Haohmaru like it was Millia Rage. My ghost never stopped mashing jump. It would even mash buttons in neutral, even at full screen. I remember laughing really hard when it was mashing his kick at full screen like a dozen times in a row

the first time I fought it was very early on, and it did moves I never even did outside of training.

I played it later on to see if it improved with more data and it did not

The thing is that the ghost require data from your matches to improve its AI.

If you don't play much then it is dumb as fuck.

The longer you play and more matches you have it gets better (In theory)

Edited by Hecatom
19 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Shows again why BBCF is a superior game, because it does have online training mode!

#BBCFRollback
Spread the word!!! Please I want my game to be alive again and we're currently in the lead it seems.

I would prefer that instead of being a competition (or should i say hope is not one) it was something that is applied to their more current and recent games.

So we could have BBTAG, BBCF, Xrd and mother Fucking BattleFantasia.

I also hope that Namco and Cygames take notes and are working with ASW to update the Netcode of the games.

And that DnF the Duel gets rollback too.

Edit

And speaking about BBCT.

Dunno why they have not implemented the Online training mode again.

I understand for 3rd party games they develop, since the owners will prioritize based on their budget and interests.

But for their own games it could be a standard by now.

The only reasoning i could think of is that they removed because from their data they saw it wasn't really used.

But still, is a feature that i think it doesn't take too much development time to implement, since you are repurposing stuff already in the game

Edited by Hecatom
8 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

The story is being written under Toriyama's outline. Toyotarou is handling most of the story.

Yeah, but even so the outline is still being made by Toriyama.

So I'm blaming him for whatever tf was that ending on the Moro Arc.

Can't wait to see that animated tbh.

8 minutes ago, Volt said:

The thing is that while Trolliyama makes an outline, is Toyatoro that actually does the leg work.

For what it has been said for both the anime and manga, Trolliyama outline is very lenient, so all the interactions, the hows and whys the gang do to move the plot or get to the goal is always the work of the other writers.

Both share the blame, Trolliyama for giving the good for whtever Toyatoro does, and Toyatoro for writing glorified fanfiction.

25 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

The thing is that while Trolliyama makes an outline, is Toyatoro that actually does the leg work.

For what it has been said for both the anime and manga, Trolliyama outline is very lenient, so all the interactions, the hows and whys the gang do to move the plot or get to the goal is always the work of the other writers.

Both share the blame, Trolliyama for giving the good for whtever Toyatoro does, and Toyatoro for writing glorified fanfiction.

Yeah, that's a fair point.

45 minutes ago, Volt said:

Tbh I'm just looking for that chakra thing and the Shoryuken to be animated. That being said, y'all know how much I love DB, so I'm gonna watch all of it regardless. Best believe I'm gonna look into the animation of every scene every week too... Just like the good old days...

1 hour ago, Volt said:

You can have out line that looks good but if it's executed poorly it will turn out badly. 

• Goku and Vegeta engage in an intense battle.
  • Both fighter are at a stale mate.
  • Vegeta breaks his limits catching Goku off guard and defeats him.

Now if all that happens in one page it'll probably turn out like ass. If it's a dozen pages with dozens of panels fleshing out the battle, especially with Toyotaro's art. It would likely turn out well. Toyotaro can draw his ass off. He just can't write. Whenever he gets in a jam, he seems to badly copy something Toriyama did previously.

10 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

You can have out line that looks good but if it's executed poorly it will turn out badly. 

• Goku and Vegeta engage in an intense battle.
  • Both fighter are at a stale mate.
  • Vegeta breaks his limits catching Goku off guard and defeats him.

Now if all that happens in one page it'll probably turn out like ass. If it's a dozen pages with dozens of panels fleshing out the battle, especially with Toyotaro's art. It would likely turn out well. Toyotaro can draw his ass off. He just can't write. Whenever he gets in a jam, he seems to badly copy something Toriyama did previously.

I have not checked the manga recently (or at all), but, wasnt one of the complains about Toyatoro that he had shit composition for the scenes?

I remember well how most of the time there were complains that the fights were drawn in a way that wasnt engaging, the scenes were always very formulatic.

Perhaps he has improved now?

1 minute ago, Hecatom said:

I have not checked the manga recently (or at all), but, wasnt one of the complains about Toyatoro that he had shit composition for the scenes?

I remember well how most of the time there were complains that the fights were drawn in a way that wasnt engaging, the scenes were always very formulatic.

Toyotaro is very derivative. Whenever you take over for another writer you have to strike a balance between honoring their style and coming up with new ideas that are consistent with what's established. It is not an easy task. Dave Filoni's work on Star Wars, for the most part, seems to be a good example of how to take over for someone else, do new things, but still feel consistent with what has been established. Toyotaro seems to have issues with coming up with his own ideas....at least in my opinion.

DBFZ deserves every award. 

I hope this furry-two-men-inside-of-each-other-but-no-homo monstrosity is going to be as game breaking as it looks like it'll be.

There won't be any more in person majors for the rest of the games life, the online isn't up to the task of hosting an online tournament that people will give any time or credibility to, so go off the rails and make it an unbalance mess. 

Drop Bulma in a mech that takes up half the screen, has 10 billion health, and like every gun and rocket ever. 

Drop Chi-Chi, and all of her moves are just her husband and sons effectively being strikers, but like every version of them, and they can stack.

Imagine, chi-chi throws out teen Gohan, Super saiyaman, her husband, and her boy-husband, then calls in white hair husband as an assist to beat up her blue hair husband who's on the other team with her blond hair husband and her youngest son fused with another child. 

200.gif

Edited by KingTubb
13 hours ago, Hecatom said:

People took issue with his composition, which has improved, but also his trash anatomy... which has also improved. Good artist!

1 minute ago, Dayaan said:

Shut up, bro

This is going to pop into your head in a couple days and you'll see how truly wonderful and pure it is.

Also, that chun picture at the squat rack has me in stitches cause her butthole would for sure be exposed as soon as she tried to squat.

Hope that's a private gym or Chun about to lose her membership 

1 minute ago, KingTubb said:

This is going to pop into your head in a couple days and you'll see how truly wonderful and pure it is.

Also, that chun picture at the squat rack has me in stitches cause her butthole would for sure be exposed as soon as she tried to squat.

I think the worst part about that is that I understood what you said. Man, I just don't want to play any FGs lately 😅

I think I'll try to finish Ancient Gods first this week, and then make some progress on Persona 5. Then I'll work through the Uncharted games.

1 hour ago, KingTubb said:

Lose her membership? What about all the people that just signed up to watch her squat? The gym would lose those memberships too. 👀

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Lose her membership? What about all the people that just signed up to watch her squat? The gym would lose those memberships too. 👀

This post is weirdly relevant to me because I just went to the gym for the first time lol. I was definitely trying not to stare at some of the girls doing squats. 

No but fr I really enjoyed the workout. 

Edit: The “worst” part was when I was on the crunch machine and towards the end I thought I was gonna throw up the breakfast I didn’t have

Edited by Vhozite
1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

This post is weirdly relevant to me because I just went to the gym for the first time lol. I was definitely trying not to stare at some of the girls doing squats. 

No but fr I really enjoyed the workout. 

Edit: The “worst” part was when I was on the crunch machine and towards the end I thought I was gonna throw up the breakfast I didn’t have

Not even gonna front. When I did go to the gym I would always do my cardio last. I'd go up stairs, look for the girl with the nicest ass, and get on the bike/stair machine behind her. The timer on the machine would tell me I was done before I knew it. Best part was there were TVs in front of the first row of machines, so it looked like I was watching TV.  🤣

Edited by Darc_Requiem
2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Not even gonna front. When I did go to the gym I would always do my cardio last. I'd go up stairs, look for the girl with the nicest ass, and get on the bike/stair machine behind her. The timer on the machine would tell me I was done before I knew it. Best part was there were TVs in front of the first row of machines, so it looked like I was watching TV.  🤣

That right there is the main thing I miss about going to the gym. Makes cardio a lot easier to get through.  🍑 

Juri: "... What the fuck?" 

Spoiler

Juri: "... I feel like I'm stuck in the early 2000s with this Dragon Ball and Marvel Comics talk on this thread. I oughta smoke the shit out of y'all!" 

d73eb9abf3ee7e7e4b497f75ce44cc84.jpg

But, no seriously. 

I did not do a complete check over on the changelog for SFVCE. 

Did Juri Han get any thing cool or *at least* some extra damage? Juri could really use some love. 

I know Ryu is back with a vengeance because of those seasons of getting beaten and blue-balled to death in his tools. 

Why can't Juri get any damn release? 

2 hours ago, Volt said:

I can do it, I'm on a cruel mood today.

Ayo SHE DIDN'T GET SHIT!!!

I think it would be more accurate to say she didn’t get what she needed. Her VS2 buffs are actually decent. 

But really anyone who expected character defining changes for Juri was indeed playing themselves lol

Edited by Vhozite

I've been playing a lot of classic beat 'em ups lately. Having lots of fun.

But yo, the NES ones are so friggin hard. I can see why I failed to complete most of these games when I was younger. It was always much easier on Genesis/SNES because those games felt more like the Arcade versions they were based on. The NES ones really kicked my ass so bad. TMNT 2 Arcade Game and TMNT 3 Manhattan Projects in particular. TMNT 4 Turtles in Time and Hyperstone Heist were much easier. All fun as hell, tho.

Double Dragon 1  (NES)  feels impossible after awhile. 2 was much easier. We don't speak on the NES version of 3.

Regardless, it's been a blast.