Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

5 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

Hey so did the Cannon Bros forget about SRK or what? The site's been on read-only mode for like two weeks now, essentially killing the place since there's no activity or posting going on

Also somebody should check if all the old posts are still available there, I have a suspicion the "upgrade" is removal of some of the wild shit MrWiz and co. have posted back in the day there

Wiz didn't say wild stuff on site. He did most of wild things on IRC. At least one of the SRK mods posts here. You could always go ask him.

That or hit people up on Twitter. That is always the funniest because its public.

The right choice though, is to shill MegaShock.

41 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

I’ve moved on a long time ago... haven’t even checked SRK in months.

Same...it’s fuck SRK for life here. 

I will say that I’d like to see our platform grow a bit. Idc about SRK but I think it would be nice if a place like it (or like how it used to be) still existed. I want to see our community grow. 

At the bare minimum we should start a dojo for SFV or do something else to try and get our name out there. 

Seeing that new TMNT trailer has me believing the universe really do be listening.

I recently completed TMNT 2 (NES/Arcade), TMNT 3 Manhattan Project (NES), TMNT 4 Turtles in Time (SNES/Arcade), Hyperstone Heist (Sega), and Fall of the Foot Clan (Game Boy). So as you can see, I was playing lots of TMNT lately. 

This shyt is right on time. Has the classic Arcade look to it, too. Day 1.

2 hours ago, PVL_93_RU said:

Hey so did the Cannon Bros forget about SRK or what? The site's been on read-only mode for like two weeks now, essentially killing the place since there's no activity or posting going on

Also somebody should check if all the old posts are still available there, I have a suspicion the "upgrade" is removal of some of the wild shit MrWiz and co. have posted back in the day there

Everyone forgot about SRK. Get a big gif av and join us, brother.

tenor_24.gif

2 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Same...it’s fuck SRK for life here. 

I will say that I’d like to see our platform grow a bit. Idc about SRK but I think it would be nice if a place like it (or like how it used to be) still existed. I want to see our community grow. 

At the bare minimum we should start a dojo for SFV or do something else to try and get our name out there. 

The obvious, glaring niche out there is the FGC News and quality articles niche.

Eventhubs and Twitter as your sources of info is an embarrassment to the FGC.

I think everyone here wants some growth in the community, but until we actually decide on a goal to try and achieve, we're not going anywhere.

1 hour ago, Dayaan said:

Someone should really make guides! It would be a really big dick thing to do! Who could possibly step up to such a grand task??

I know you have your stuff for 3S. I actually saved my character guides to my PC from SRK before migrating here. I suppose I should finish them and post them but I don’t have a lot of free time these days.

Might finish the Vega and Kage ones but fuck doing Seth. Not going through every V-Skill 1 special move...too much work for a character I don’t play.

Edit: Are we ever getting another balance patch or was this the last one?

Edited by Vhozite
5 hours ago, PVL_93_RU said:

The canons have been wanting to nuke SRK for years.

If you ever posted on their irc channel/server you would see the disdain they had for the site and everyone who posted there.

Then you have the fact that the fatfuck wiz was the one running the show since they didnt want anything to do with it.

Perhaps now they are finally pulling the plug.

1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

Edit: Are we ever getting another balance patch or was this the last one?

I would say this is likely the last one, but there may still be hotfixes for glitches/infinites, and possibly a tiny .5 patch if someone is too out of hand

Edited by Mattatsu
52 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

I would say this is likely the last one, but there may still be hotfixes for glitches/infinites, and possibly a tiny .5 patch if someone is too out of hand

I expect at one more touch up at the end of the season to touch up season 5 characters and anything really out of hand like you said. 

Really I just don’t want to start a guide then have to edit it later lol. At this point I want it to be one and done.

In other news, my mom is visiting and taking care of the kids, and it is glorious. So much free time! 

I actually bought Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm because I was hype for it way back when. So sad it didn't get finished, didn't get GGPO. 

I started wondering if I could add it in personally, which led me to brushing up on my C++ skills and getting the example Steam game up and running on my box. 

Mom leaves this weekend and I'm already sad.  Fuck it's nice to have free time.

1 hour ago, Pair of Rooks said:

I watched some jchensor on Strives beta stuff, and good God he talks so slow and rambly even ultradavid was losing patience. UD had interesting things to say but jchen just wouldn't shut up.

Why do you think I hate UltraDavid commentating the biggest 3rd Strike events? They got no idea what they're talking about. Hell, Chen saw someone anti air a divekick during CPT and called it "3rd Strike stuff!"

Miss me with that. I'm a sick commentator, don't you know? Hehe...

There are some great ones though. Dankah, Jiyuna and even Aris are great at it.

3 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

My awesome wife just gave me a PS5 for an early b-day present. This is awesome, but now I have no idea what to play on it... Anyone know of any good PS5 games?

also, Tubb, I think this should still run SOR4 alright tomorrow. If not, I’ll hook the PS4 up. I downloaded it last night.

niiiice!

Also, it'll totally run SoR4, I've already played it on PS5. And the data transfer is a breeze, especially if you have both systems wired. 

17 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

niiiice!

Also, it'll totally run SoR4, I've already played it on PS5. And the data transfer is a breeze, especially if you have both systems wired. 

Yeah, it’s like already done transferring lol. Very quick. I was worried it was going to have to redownload everything.

I’m confused about the memory here. I thought there was like 825 GBs but it says the size in the storage area is only 667 and there are already 180 GBs for “other” (system) data. And it didn’t transfer any of my games, just seemingly save files.

edit: okay that “other” data were my PS4 games, it is slowly adding them as games now. I’ll have to let this sit

Edited by Mattatsu
1 hour ago, Mattatsu said:

I’m confused about the memory here. I thought there was like 825 GBs but it says the size in the storage area is only 667 and there are already 180 GBs for “other” (system) data. And it didn’t transfer any of my games, just seemingly save files.

edit: okay that “other” data were my PS4 games, it is slowly adding them as games now. I’ll have to let this sit

Congrats on the PS5 man, your wife is a saint. Never ask her how many people she had to stab to get that thing.

Heads up the PS5's native storage space is tiny. As you've discovered the actual working size is decently smaller than what is spec'd. Also worth noting that you can run PS4 games off of an external HD and they'll run pretty much the same as they would on the PS4 (there were some concerns over external HDs causing issues with "rest mode" but based on what I've heard its inconsistent and there have been a number of updates since then). If you can try to save that NVMe space for PS5 games, PS5 enhanced games, or PS4 games you really love.

As for what to get right now: real slim pickings. Legit the best PS5 game right now is probably the Astro's Playroom pack in.

1 hour ago, Mattatsu said:

I run all of my PS4 games off of a USB 3.0 Thumbdrive. So none of my internal space is taken up by PS4 games. I'll share what I posted for Hawkingbird in the other thread.

PNY Pro Elite 512GB USB 3.0 Thumb Drive

https://www.amazon.com/PNY-Elite-512GB-Speeds-P-FD512PRO-GE/dp/B01E17LOL6/ref=dp_prsubs_2?pd_rd_i=B01E17LOL6&psc=1

Patriot 512GB Supersonic Rage Elite USB 3.1 Thumb Drive

https://www.amazon.com/Patriot-512GB-Supersonic-Transfer-Speeds/dp/B07NLL9SZ6/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Patriot+supersonic+rage+512&qid=1615493446&s=electronics&sr=1-1

They both work really well. I gave the second to my brother when he got his PS5. I went this route because I didn't want any additional space taken up by an external drive. I linked those particular thumb drives because they actually have the advertised speed. If you get a drive that's too slow your PS4 games will take forever to install and forever to load. If that's not a concern you may be able to get a better deal on an external drive. @DarkSakulposted a pretty sweet Samsung drive in the other thread. At work, or I'd pull the link from his post.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
31 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I run all of my PS4 games off of a USB 3.0 Thumbdrive. So none of my internal space is taken up by PS4 games. I'll share what I posted for Hawkingbird in the other thread.

PNY Pro Elite 512GB USB 3.0 Thumb Drive

https://www.amazon.com/PNY-Elite-512GB-Speeds-P-FD512PRO-GE/dp/B01E17LOL6/ref=dp_prsubs_2?pd_rd_i=B01E17LOL6&psc=1

Patriot 512GB Supersonic Rage Elite USB 3.1 Thumb Drive

https://www.amazon.com/Patriot-512GB-Supersonic-Transfer-Speeds/dp/B07NLL9SZ6/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Patriot+supersonic+rage+512&qid=1615493446&s=electronics&sr=1-1

They both work really well. I gave the second to my brother when he go this PS5. I went this route because I didn't want any additional space taken up by an external drive. I linked those particular thumb drives because they actually have the advertised speed. If you get a drive that's too slow your PS4 games will take forever to install and forever to load. If that's not a concern you may be able to get a better deal on an external drive. @DarkSakula pretty sweet Samsung drive in the other thread. At work, or I'd pull the link from his post.

Thanks Darc! I’ll look into that.

Right now I’m not worried about space too much, because yeah, there’s like no new games I want to play on this thing, and I only used like 200 GBs on my PS4 as it was.

that’ll change when strive and the updated FF7R comes out, but I should be okay for now... though I may get back into GT Sport, which did hog a lot of space.

2 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Thanks Darc! I’ll look into that.

Right now I’m not worried about space too much, because yeah, there’s like no new games I want to play on this thing, and I only used like 200 GBs on my PS4 as it was.

that’ll change when strive and the updated FF7R comes out, but I should be okay for now... though I may get back into GT Sport, which did hog a lot of space.

Be on the watch for the free PS4 to PS5 upgrades. MK11 is a PS5 game for me now. Same with Destiny 2. So those are now on the SSD and not the thumb drive.

11 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Be on the watch for the free PS4 to PS5 upgrades. MK11 is a PS5 game for me now. Same with Destiny 2. So those are now on the SSD and not the thumb drive.

Yeah, I don’t currently have MK11 installed but may download it again just to mess around with it, and see what it looks like.

58 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

Also worth noting that you can run PS4 games off of an external HD and they'll run pretty much the same as they would on the PS4 (there were some concerns over external HDs causing issues with "rest mode" but based on what I've heard its inconsistent and there have been a number of updates since then). If you can try to save that NVMe space for PS5 games, PS5 enhanced games, or PS4 games you really love.

This is 100% what I'm doing right now and it works flawlessly. 

And they run better than they do on PS4. You get any performance upgrades that would be there if it was on the 5's storage. Loading times are just a little slower than they would be if it wasn't working off a external HD, but faster than a base PS4 from what I can tell

For real, grab yourself some storage @Mattatsu