Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

4 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

This is 100% what I'm doing right now and it works flawlessly. 

And they run better than they do on PS4. You get any performance upgrades that would be there if it was on the 5's storage. Loading times are just a little slower than they would be if it wasn't working off a external HD, but faster than a base PS4 from what I can tell

For real, grab yourself some storage @Mattatsu 

I didn’t realize you had a PS5 as well, okay awesome, then SOR4 tomorrow shouldn’t be an issue lol

21 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

SoR4 is only 2P right? 😢

I'm in a weird spot with PS5. I'd love to get one but actually getting one is such a fucking pain in the ass that I haven't been able to make it happen. Been sitting on dat PS5 money since the end of last year. Fuck the botters and scalpers. 

My wife followed a PS5 restock Twitter account for Canada and set it up to notify her whenever it tweets. She had a Walmart Canada account already (which helped with speed), and a few days ago at midnight there was a PS5 Walmart Canada “drop” and my wife happened to be on her phone and saw the tweet notification and went online and snagged one right away. Shit sold out in like 15 minutes though, so yeah, you have to be quick.

other than that, she had called a few local EB Games (owned by GameStop) in somewhat rural areas and put herself on a wait list which wasn’t that long because of where she picked.

and yeah, my wife is awesome... if it wasn’t my b-day in a few days, she wouldn’t have given a damn though lol

7 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

My wife followed a PS5 restock Twitter account

Good move. 

For anyone hunting I used this site:

https://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/sonyps5/

I actually bought 3 and had to cancel 2 of them lol. My work computer thinks I'm 3 hours away from where I actually am and I accidently bought one at a bestbuy in the middle of nowhere. Twice.

But rural Bestbuys and Targets are a good route. Both of those stores require an in-store pick-up and stock goes slower in less populated areas. If you're willing to drive, you can pick one up a little easier. You still have to be quick. 

Have some tech for Best buy and PSdirect too lol 

14 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Butt. 

We all need more Butt in our lives. 

marco-dojosign.gif

This sign roughly translates to:

"Put me in KoF15, you fucking assholes" 

You know his real name is Marco Rodriquez right? They only called him Khushnood Buttt because they were scared of getting sued by Ricco Rodriquez a UFC Heavyweight Champion at the time. Honestly it was silly. Marco looks nothing like Ricco and they aren't even the same nationality. Ricco is Puerto Rican.

In all honestly, I’m trying to limit my pad usage to games that need it. My hands are starting to hurt if I play on pad for more than an hour or so... it could be due to lack of sleep but I want to limit it until I know for sure. Thankfully I’m taking next week off so hopefully I’ll catch up on zzz’s

Edited by Mattatsu
25 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

In all honestly, I’m trying to limit my pad usage to games that need it. My hands are starting to hurt if I play on pad for more than an hour or so... it could be due to lack of sleep but I want to limit it until I know for sure. Thankfully I’m taking next week off so hopefully I’ll catch up on zzz’s

Good time to try out stick tonight vs me, no?

30 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

In all honestly, I’m trying to limit my pad usage to games that need it. My hands are starting to hurt if I play on pad for more than an hour or so...

I'll admit, the new dual sense seems to be a lot easier on my hands, cause I run into the same problem. 

Also, I just wanna use the stuff I make cause I put time and energy into putting it together, might as well enjoy it. 

12 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

Good time to try out stick tonight vs me, no?

I can’t tonight (already have games lined up with Tubb) but I’m free for all of next week (though with some appointments and family things sprinkled throughout).

Let me know when another time is good for you. I can probably play tomorrow  night

8 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

I'll admit, the new dual sense seems to be a lot easier on my hands, cause I run into the same problem. 

Also, I just wanna use the stuff I make cause I put time and energy into putting it together, might as well enjoy it. 

Well I’m not as crafty, but I really prefer the feel of my Hitbox over pad. Plus it was like 4 times the price.

That said, yeah the PS5 felt really good last night and I did play Doom for a bit and didn’t notice many issues with pain afterwards, but they are hurting me today, but then again, everything is, which tends to happen to me after a period with poor sleep.

Anyone here play Vita Fighters? This game is bananas 

There's third strike parries, bursts, so many rip off characters, and all of the jank. 

For example, one character has a double air dash and an air fireball that resets her dashes so she can actually FLY and I don't think it's on purpose lol. 

It's free too, so why not pick it up? 

Edited by KingTubb
19 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

Nice, I’ll check it out. Thanks!

+1 for Control. The atmosphere and writing are top notch and on top of that it is just really goddamn fun to play. It takes a little while to open up but once you start unlocking some stuff it became one of my favorite 3rd person shooters ever.

Haven't played it on PS4/5, been playing it on PC. But the PS5 should be able to run it well which is doubly good because that game can be a real looker with some horsepower behind it.

3 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

+1 for Control. The atmosphere and writing are top notch and on top of that it is just really goddamn fun to play. It takes a little while to open up but once you start unlocking some stuff it became one of my favorite 3rd person shooters ever.

Haven't played it on PS4/5, been playing it on PC. But the PS5 should be able to run it well which is doubly good because that game can be a real looker with some horsepower behind it.

Nice thanks! Yeah, I saw a review and it looks good. I’ll grab it

23 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

where do I sign?

She also has a full screen slide that knocks down and her fireball is a multi hit move. So if they standing block they eat a sweep for free 

Oh, and it's not an air double dash...

It's a "how many of these sonsabitches can you mash out in the air" dash 

Edited by KingTubb
17 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

She also has a full screen slide that knocks down and her fireball is a multi hit move. So if they standing block they eat a sweep for free 

Is this on PC?

2 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Sounds like a tame Don Don Never dies 🤣

Edit

Edited by Hecatom

The only thing more hype than DDND is the game made by that Italian Horror Movie studio.

Easily one of the greatest threads to be a part of.

🙏

Death Barge. That was the name of the game. A game so hype that you couldn't jump over opponents. It was designed so you couldn't jump over people. It also had the most convoluted anti-pirating scheme ever. Man those were good times.

Edited by Sonero
1 hour ago, Sonero said:

The only thing more hype than DDND is the game made by that Italian Horror Movie studio.

Easily one of the greatest threads to be a part of.

🙏

Death Barge. That was the name of the game. A game so hype that you couldn't jump over opponents. It was designed so you couldn't jump over people. It also had the most convoluted anti-pirating scheme ever. Man those were good times.

Death Cargo.

And i have the only demo they released, so is technically a real game, lol.

Which is more than what Dark Presence ever was 🤣

http://www.gallopingghostproductions.com/dark_presence/

https://www.giantbomb.com/dark-presence/3030-27185/images/

Edit

I know is a full meme joke not being able to jump over your opponent, but i really think that a game designed with that in mind can be an interesting take of the fg formula, since it would put emphasis on zoning and spacing for the control of the stage and not getting cornered.

Edited by Hecatom
14 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

So does that Super actually OHKO?

It does when you are at lvl 7.

Is one of his character specific mechanics.

He can powerup his supers by doing the taunt, you can do it up to lvl7.

Once is on lvl7 he gains access to that lvl3 super that can kill you if it connects.

The other character specific mechanic he has is that he is able to gain a dragon ball after doing his DP/invul reversal.

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

I know is a full meme joke not being able to jump over your opponent, but i really think that a game designed with that in mind can be an interesting take of the fg formula, since it would put emphasis on zoning and spacing for the control of the stage and not getting cornered.

I remember way back year 2000 before mugen there was a another fighting game engine like that exactly that you can jump from the other side of the screen

It was called KOF91, it was easy to put characters there but it's not as flexible like mugen.

Edited by Shakunetsu