Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread


Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

How about a Revelator tournament or an AC+R one.

Get me someone who can stream, I organice and commentate the stuff!
 

We could cook up one when my PC is back from fixing. Tech said a cleaning and replacing the CMOS battery should work, which is what I expected. Next week I should be back in the fray.

Link to post
2 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

 

Wow, you have come a long way! Maybe I'm missing stuff but I think Laura moves with natural fluidity. Good job.

It's menat's dance, i didnt do the animation myself but i did have to keyframe it based on the motion for each individual bone. It's pretty tedious but it can be done.

Edited by Skort
Link to post
5 minutes ago, Skort said:

So i ripped some animation keyframes from SFV data files, imported Laura model into project file, and posed her frame by frame from  bone keyframes  ( a fucking pain ) and did this.  

Wow you mean rigging right?

 

I used to animate with flash. kinda more on 2D.

 

I also used to take a 3D class where I just manage to animate a bouncing ball but I didn't pursue 3D later.

 

So there is no such thing that automatically smooth frame transition in 3D (Maya) like in 2D animation? correct me if I'm wrong. Or that is just possible for objects that isn't like human body movement.

 

 

 

 

Edited by Shakunetsu
Link to post
6 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

So there is no such thing that automatically smooth frame transition in 3D (Maya) like in 2D animation?

 

There is an automated keyframe option.  Say you want to move her hand from point A to point B in a 20 frame animation. 

 

You just keyframe the starting position to frame 1 and end position to keyframe 20. The software automatically moves the hand between the keyframes. The issue with this however is that the motion feel too stiff, too robotic, no fluid motion as a human would do. So you need to animate more keyframes manually to make it look more smooth and not robotic. Thats why i said it was tedious, had to pose all of those frames by hand to make Laura move good. 

 

Blender has this tool called the graph editor that lets you bend keyframes so it can slow down / increase in speed based on how you want to move. 

 

You want character to walk from   Position A to B in 10 frames but you want to make it look like he starts slowly but  ends fast. So you bend the keyframe down at the start, simulating a slow start but put it high up near the end. It's still 10 frames of animation , but perception makes it look like he starts slow walk but ends in a sprint.

 

IDK there's a lot to take in, i have watched a lot of tutorials and started to read that huge Blender guide book some while ago. Over 2Gb of  PDF files on how to do anything. I quite enjoy it though.

Edited by Skort
Link to post
1 hour ago, Shakunetsu said:

Wow you mean rigging right?

 

I used to animate with flash. kinda more on 2D.

 

I also used to take a 3D class where I just manage to animate a bouncing ball but I didn't pursue 3D later.

 

So there is no such thing that automatically smooth frame transition in 3D (Maya) like in 2D animation? correct me if I'm wrong. Or that is just possible for objects that isn't like human body movement.

 

 

 

 

The process is called interpolation.

Most 3d games use it to speed the process.

But you usually end tweaking stuff to get the results you want.

That, or you can be like ASW that throws interpolation out of the window and do the animation like if it was done by hand/2d, keyframing every frame of the animations to get the results they want, lol.

Link to post

SNK will just show womens team later lol

 

I was thinking lately with all the weird various costumes and with different size and dimensions like mascot blanka/ blankachan

 

Is mirror characters when they change sides still a requirement? 

 

SFEX does not mirror characters when switching sides, In modern games FEXL did also that. 

 

I know beta SF4 did tried this before and returned back to emulate 2D sprite feel. 

 

What do you think of it in future SF games about mirroring when switching sides?

Edited by Shakunetsu
Link to post
7 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

I'm a little more worried it's the beginning of the end for the FGC as we knew it.

 

EVO's gonna turn into the FG equivalent of the Video Game Awards where it's all corporate cringe and circle jerking.

 

I've seen all manner of other majors rise and fall - remember when Canada Cup was the one to watch? - but EVO was our rock. Until arguably Covid there was never a truly bad EVO. It was always always the one tourney you wouldn't miss. 

 

I'm afraid we just sold our soul.

 

I'm going to reserve judgement until I've seen the tournament.   I can handle a bit of esports but I still would like some of that grassroots feel that EVO has always been about. If it turns into another cringefest like E-League, I'm out.  

Link to post
38 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

SNK will just show womens team later lol

 

I was thinking lately with all the weird various costumes and with different size and dimensions like mascot blanka/ blankachan

 

Is mirror characters when they change sides still a requirement? 

 

SFEX does not mirror characters when switching sides, In modern games FEXL did also that. 

 

I know beta SF4 did tried this before and returned back to emulate 2D sprite feel. 

 

What do you think of it in future SF games about mirroring when switching sides?

I don't think it's necessary anymore with models.

 

And of course, Gill uses that to great effect.

Link to post
13 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Is mirror characters when they change sides still a requirement? 

Only in specific circumstances. Vega's claw is asymmetric and a gameplay component.  Without mirroring his attacks would look very different based on facing, which could affect opponent reactions.  Characters also tend to be turned just so, so their faces remain visible during an attack -- see Juri's twisted head in her overhead attack in SF4 -- but that would look super goofy from the other angle.

 

Link to post

G: "AAAAALRIGHT, attention to all Megashock members! Each and everyone of you will become part of much greater cause! I support the world with my rule of law! I'll-" 

 

Kage: "What the fuck is this shit right here...?" 

efd3ce4fda67e6f2f09178be4b3b3ba4.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

spacer.png

 

Kage: "All I gotta say is... You know you see me rollin', you in for some mothafuckin'  trollin'. Now to go fuck with somebody else! Where dat nigga SAGAT????" 

Link to post

http://segabits.com/blog/2021/03/17/yu-suzuki-and-namcos-katsuhiro-harada-talk-virtua-fighter-6-cancelled-tekken-dreamcast-title-and-tekken-x-virtua-fighter/?fbclid=IwAR2z5cCLC4BOX97MqqcnkK4OUQCEBTfpW5--ZxOHZpSBraeclEFDj-tK_yM


Yesterday the Japanese video game news site Denfaminico Gamer held an interview with SEGA-AM2 legendary arcade designer Yu Suzuki (Virtua Fighter), Tekken’s Katsuhiro Harada and Arc System Works’ Toshimichi Mori where they talked about the histories of their franchises that included Virtua Fighter, Tekken, Guilty Gear and Blazblue. There was also some talk about the possibility of creating Virtua Fighter 6!

 

The important bits of the interview were taken from @gosokkyu twitter account, who translates Japanese gaming news. If you like Japanese games, I suggest you give the account a follow.

 

According to Yu Suzuki, if he ever created a Virtua Fighter 6 he would want to simplify and improve the controls and interfaces further. According to Yu Suzuki, he prefers the players to be focused on tactics instead of mastering inputs. Yu thinks this would broaden the user base. This is something that a lot of other game studios are playing with now and has the community mixed. For example Riot Games is working on a fighting game with no inputs, but uses ‘cool down’ mechanics for powerful moves.

 

Harada also complained about how he gets consistent request from fighting game fans on twitter (hey, that’s us) about a new Virtua Fighter because SEGA never attends these fighting game events ; so all fans seem to direct their request to him. He even mentioned that a lot of fans are requesting a Tekken x Virtua Fighter crossover, if that’s what it takes to get a new Virtua Fighter.


During the interview Harada also brings up something he talked on twitter about before, a deal Namco had floating around at management level where Namco would have added Virtua Fighter characters into a potential Dreamcast Tekken title, which never happened.

 

At the end of the interview, the interviewer ask Yu Suzuki and Katsuhiro Harada to go to SEGA and request they both make Virtua Fighter 6, with Yu Suzuki responding, “If you need me, just say the word.” 

 

Surprised that the interviewer didn’t even ask Yu Suzuki what he thought of SEGA’s announcement for Virtua Fighter x eSports.  I guess we really don’t know what that project is, so there isn’t much to discuss.

 

(Yu Suzuki isn’t at SEGA and works independent, the comment that they will ask SEGA to make Virtua Fighter 6 is from a outsiders preceptive.)

 

Thoughts from any Virtua Fighter fans here?

Link to post
1 hour ago, Emptyeyes said:

According to Yu Suzuki, if he ever created a Virtua Fighter 6 he would want to simplify and improve the controls and interfaces further. According to Yu Suzuki, he prefers the players to be focused on tactics instead of mastering inputs. Yu thinks this would broaden the user base. This is something that a lot of other game studios are playing with now and has the community mixed. For example Riot Games is working on a fighting game with no inputs, but uses ‘cool down’ mechanics for powerful moves.

Shunmue 3 combat in VF can fuck all the way off. 

Link to post
4 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Shunmue 3 combat in VF can fuck all the way off. 

I haven't played Shenmue 3, but only the previous ones. I don't really care for the simplification of execution. In my eyes, you're either a fan of the genre, or you're not. I think there has been too much of an emphasis on handout mechanics to have the losing player to measure up against seasoned players. The concept of winning in this genre has lost all it's meaning and reward in more recent times through my hindsight. 

Link to post
4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Anyone up for some games? I'm probably going to write dig into Bravely Default soon and I know I'll lose hours of time after I do. So I figured I'd ask now.

I'm up for some games tonight, if you aren't currently enmeshed in some anime action. Sorry I missed the call out earlier.

Link to post
3 minutes ago, Emptyeyes said:

I haven't played Shenmue 3, but only the previous ones. I don't really care for the simplification of execution. In my eyes, you're either a fan of the genre, or you're not. I think there has been too much of an emphasis on handout mechanics to have the losing player to measure up against seasoned players. The concept of winning in this genre has lost all it's meaning and reward in more recent times through my hindsight. 

My dislike for simplification is that it never achieves what it sets out to do. Developers like to believe it would put players on the same level but it never does. A season player will always wreck a casual no matter what's done.

Link to post
1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

My dislike for simplification is that it never achieves what it sets out to do. Developers like to believe it would put players on the same level but it never does. A season player will always wreck a casual no matter what's done.

It's not even that.

 

They attempt to artificially lower the skill floor so people stick with FGs.

 

The thing is, the biggest hurdle for a casual to stick with the game is mental.

 

A bitch will not stay after holding an L. Period. It all comes down to this.

 

It's nice to have more fleshed out and complete packages as full-fledged games like the ones ArcSys put out, but that can only help so much.

The moment people hop online and get handed a new pair of Beats by Dr. Sweat is the moment we'll find out if they're FG dogs or not.

Link to post
1 hour ago, Yiceman said:

I'm up for some games tonight, if you aren't currently enmeshed in some anime action. Sorry I missed the call out earlier.

I'm playing Bravely Default 2 but I can save the game if you still want to play.

Link to post

Not as much work as my Cammy needs. I've been considering trying to find a more offensive secondary to keep in the pocket next to Rose as my future main, but haven't really found one just yet.

Link to post
10 hours ago, Yiceman said:

Not as much work as my Cammy needs. I've been considering trying to find a more offensive secondary to keep in the pocket next to Rose as my future main, but haven't really found one just yet.

Honestly, I just want more characters that I can lounge decently with. I've been playing around with a Falke a bit. I fiddle with Ed sometimes but I really need to dust off my crappy Laura.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
Link to post
5 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Snip

 

3 hours ago, Volt said:

Snip

At the end is more easy to simplify the game since is what most people who don't play fgs complain about/use as a copout than actually doiung stuff that would give casual players a reason to stay.

 

FGs by nature lack the alleys that allow for terrible players to externalize their loses outside blaming the game.

Just look at a game like OW.

So many people play it, even it is "twilight" years (i wish any FG was as "dead" as OW, lol), and most of its playerbase is trash tier, yet keep playing it because they can blame their teammates for all their loses because the game gives them the illusion of not sucking by giving shit like progress bars, shiny loot for when they "level up", plays of the game and medals that amount to nothing really low level entry options, and rank levels where the vast majority of the playerbase that is fucking garbage is somehow gold tier, lol.

 

Compared to that, FGS, all the progress is internalized, all the faults are internalized, etc and well people don't like to accept that they suck.

Again, just look at how many trash tier players think they are hot shit on OW because once in a while they pressed triangle, killed some players and the game calls that shit play of the game.

 

So that leaves fg devs with either, developing alternative modes that basically mean to develope another game within the game so people who don't play fgs have a reason to continue playing, or try to simplify them since is what those people complain about (without knowing what actually makes them dislike fgs).

 

And tbh, i don't mind making a new game from scratch like with P4A, DBFZ and BBTAG where the game is simplified but you have other avenues where you can still have depth, as long as we don't fuck up already stablished series in vain attempts to casualize them.

Since having low level entry games can work as gateways for newcomers to learn to enjoy the genre.

 

I also think that while it takes more effort, it would be nice if companies would try to give players options to play outside the regular gameplay loop like how GBFVS has a RPG mode.

Expanded upon that shit could be a killer mode for casuals, if ASW/CyGames wanted to, it could be something like what Vanillaware does with shit like Dragons Crown for example.

 

But like i said, that shit cost money, and you are basically making something that takes away from the core of the game.

Link to post

We already talked about this yesterday on Discord.

The difficulty and entrance barrier for FGs is way to overstated too.

 

You have people saying Tekken is so complicated with everyone having 100 + moves and you need to learn so so much!

When in reality people use maybe a dozen moves tops outside of Combos.

 

Or how you need a doctor titel to get started in AC+R, when all you need is getting trough the same basics you go trough every FG and then just learn by playing the game.

Even if you watch high level people rarely use all mechanics, especially not to their fullest.

 

Especially new people overestimate how difficult these games are. FGs in general.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
  • Create New...
Stage Select