Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

1 minute ago, KingTubb said:

Anyone who uses cheap genuinely is a booger eating 2nd grader 

Stuff can be cheap, dawg. Just in 3S, Jinrai mix, Chun mix and tick throws. Hell, even Necro can be cheap, and don't get me started on Urien and Yang.

Cheapness exists, and count on the poor person to use them...

2 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

It can be both, and people need to hold that

This is what I'm saying. Something is only "cheap" if it's good and you don't know how to stop it.

Or you do know how to stop it and you can't seem to do it. And that's all tied to experience and the players ability. 

To someone just starting, fireballs are cheap. Dudes would throw hands cause they thought throws were cheap. 

3 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

This is what I'm saying. Something is only "cheap" if it's good and you don't know how to stop it.

Or you do know how to stop it and you can't seem to do it. And that's all tied to experience and the players ability. 

To someone just starting, fireballs are cheap. Dudes would throw hands cause they thought throws were cheap. 

Nah I think this is scrub mentality. There's scrub cheap, and then there's real cheap. Scrub cheap is getting thrown over and over. Real cheap is Gouki's VT air fireball being impossible to contest online. Real cheap is doing UOH to do a meaty crossup attack on twins, then hitconfirming into dash punch, so they have to block overhead online on reaction in the opposite direction. If they fail, Yun builds enough meter to get Genei JIn again. That's real cheap.

10 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

Real cheap is Gouki's VT air fireball being impossible to contest online.

If it's really impossible to contest and they get to do it for free, then I'd say it's broken. Broken shouldn't be in the game, and this needs to be addressed and fixed in a patch. 

12 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

Real cheap is doing UOH to do a meaty crossup attack on twins, then hitconfirming into dash punch, so they have to block overhead online on reaction in the opposite direction. If they fail, Yun builds enough meter to get Genei JIn again

I am a person who loves the cheeky stuff, so I think this is kinda brilliant. But the online makes it a little busted again.

I guess I should ask, do you give cheap a positive or negative connotation? Cause I'd say the Akuma stuff is bullshit if it's really that free and broken, but the yun stuff is cool and just using a character optimally. 

32 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

Nah I think this is scrub mentality.

I agree, but a lot of us fall into this pitfall when we can't stop something 

1 minute ago, KingTubb said:

If it's really impossible to contest and they get to do it for free, then I'd say it's broken. Broken shouldn't be in the game, and this needs to be addressed and fixed in a patch. 

It's not at all broken, which is why I say online. It's a reaction thing. Hell, even I can flash kick that shit on reaction sometimes, so imagine how viable it must be for Umehara.

2 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

I am a person who loves the cheeky stuff, so I think this is kinda brilliant. But the online makes it a little busted again.

It would be busted... if it were replicatable. This is just a moment in time that I remember that is out of the ordinary and happened by chance while I was on VC with friends. We never got it to work again, but it was hella cheap.

3 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

I guess I should ask, do you give cheap a positive or negative connotation? Cause I'd say the Akuma stuff is bullshit if it's really that free and broken, but the yun stuff is cool and just using a character optimally. 

Cheap is hype as fuck, but more often than not needs to be removed. Seth's axe kick is a great example. I love watching that shit, but it had to go. That's why I dislike so many DBFZ nerfs lately. UI Goku's jam session needed less hitstun, straight up. That was a good ass nerf. But why did they remove Bardock B assist blockstun? Weird decisions that cater to scrub cheapness ruin the longevity of a game.

4 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

I agree, but a lot of us fall into this pitfall when we can't stop something 

Then we need to... not. Someone I know will literally sit still and randomly down parry for no apparent reason and I will always get fucking caught. It's so irritating and it's extremely cheap, but it's hype. I don't know how to beat it because I can't identify the rhythm he's using. I can't beat it, it's cheap, it's hype and it's good. I lost 1-5 last time.

13 minutes ago, Skort said:

Ok i'll post this now. 

So,a great benefit of learning Blender is allowing me to create my own wallpapers. So,I did one with the characters I play : Juri , Poison ,Laura. 

Posed and rendered in cycles engine at around 1500 samples and 25 light bounces.  I'll spare you all the techy stuff,here's the shot.

Back alley trouble

Juri-Poison-Laura-best-girls.jpg

I would walk into this alley with 10 fingers and leave with 4.

6 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

I would walk into this alley with 10 fingers and leave with 4.

Wait, what does that even mean? 🤣

24 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

👀 

Game, date, time.

Game, date, time.

Game, date, time.

Just gotta finish preparing a class, if I still got time before lunch, I'll @ you.

Otherwise, probably tomorrow. Gotta teach 3 classes back to back this afternoon. 6 hours with no break. Joy.

2 minutes ago, Volt said:

Wait, what does that even mean? 🤣

Just gotta finish preparing a class, if I still got time before lunch, I'll @ you.

Otherwise, probably tomorrow. Gotta teach 3 classes back to back this afternoon. 6 hours with no break. Joy.

Tomorrow then. I'm busy all day.

53 minutes ago, Skort said:

Ok i'll post this now. 

So,a great benefit of learning Blender is allowing me to create my own wallpapers. So,I did one with the characters I play : Juri , Poison ,Laura. 

Posed and rendered in cycles engine at around 1500 samples and 25 light bounces.  I'll spare you all the techy stuff,here's the shot.

Back alley trouble

Juri-Poison-Laura-best-girls.jpg

I can already see the scenario. 

Juri: "Well, well, well, what have we here? Wanna pick a fight?" 

Laura: "Been bored out of my mind anyway." 

Poison: "Hey, hey! You know what they say! You kick a lot of ass? You gon' get a lotta cash! So why don't we mess around online first and make the dash?" 

23 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@Skort After detailed analysis from a team of scientists the answer to your question is....dafuqifainoh 😉 All jokes a side what the hell was Capcom thinking 🤨

I'm curious, but I was hesitant to ask you when signing up here. Were you from Capcom Unity, before they deleted the forums? If not, there was a username similar to yours on there. Sorry for the odd question and am just curious. 

14 minutes ago, Emptyeyes said:

I'm curious, but I was hesitant to ask you when signing up here. Were you from Capcom Unity, before they deleted the forums? If not, there was a username similar to yours on there. Sorry for the odd question and am just curious. 

Yeah I used to post at Unity. I stopped a while before the shutdown though. If you see someone named Darc Requiem. It's more than likely me.

3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah I used to post at Unity. I stopped a while before the shutdown though. If you see someone named Darc Requiem. It's more than likely me.

I see. If you were a Gouken main at the time, that was cool. I recall someone also having avatars of him. I definitely miss the character.

48 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@EmptyeyesIt was one of the few times I used a non Black Panther avatar.

Edit: Here was my avatar. I still have it.

Awesome and I recognize it. I'll save the image. I was BJ on Capcom Unity. Compared to SRK, the forum was the friendlier side of the FGC at the time. We had a nice dedicated group. 

Edited by Emptyeyes
4 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

Unless you bring up beef. That's funny for me.

*Sigh* Then I guess you would have liked my timeline at the old SRK when the people there had their little feud with me, which I took no part of LOL. I did find it a little amusing at the time from the hating on my performance and would make personal attacks against me. They simply wouldn't stop until the next best thing came out. The salt as you people say, was real, at the time and I do have some stories to tell. 

4 minutes ago, Emptyeyes said:

*Sigh* Then I guess you would have liked my timeline at the old SRK when the people there had their little feud with me, which I took no part of LOL. I did find it a little amusing at the time from the hating on my performance and would make personal attacks against me. They simply wouldn't stop until the next best thing came out. The salt as you people say, was real, at the time and I do have some stories to tell. 

You're have a name like Emptyeyes and have a dark anime profile picture. That's NOW. I can't imagine the edge from all those years ago...

44 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

You're have a name like Emptyeyes and have a dark anime profile picture. That's NOW. I can't imagine the edge from all those years ago...

I'll expand a little on it with bit and pieces, then.

From my time with pre-SRK with the arcades and tournaments, it was just a crazy and despicable era for me to be in. I was very much an open target to be talked about and if you held a consist record against them and not heterosexual (I guess an androgynous look at the time revealed my bisexuality), they hated you even more. They were definitely some of the worst people to deal with before knowing SRK.

Post old SRK, I would proceeded to get hated even more by people who just couldn't keep my name out their mouths through topics and mentions dedicated to how they felt toward me. 

The voice communication online while having sessions with them and a few thousand rage quits was appalling. I couldn't really keep up with all those rage quits. They would also get my online gaming accounts suspended through the years, by abusing the complaint feature. 

Even after all that, putting up with their foolishness was disgustingly with merit, because they've gotten me to where I needed to be in the genre. To think I'm thanking them, which is ironic.....

I don't know, man. I grew up playing CoD and Counter Strike, so toxicity is normal. It's pretty fun too. I've gotten into a few fights at locals and LAN parties, and it's always a blast. Our old game cafe in the UAE was the best for it though. You'd throw loop someone to death, they throw hands and at the end of the day you're all buying mandi together. It was great.

Felt like Whitebeard pirates vs Roger pirates.

one_piece_chapter_967_gold_roger_laugh_t

58 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Am I the only person who had a nice pleasent time at SRK, no drama?  It was great for match up help and what's this normal for.

I think there was a big difference between old SRK (pre SF4) and the current SRK.  The old days seemed to be a lot more toxic and unwelcoming.  I joined around the time SF4 arrived so a lot of the elitist stuff was dying down and people just wanted to help each other out.  The character sections/matchup stuff was amazing.   I feel like SF4 era from 2009 - 2015 was definitely the golden era of SRK.   

3 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

I think there was a big difference between old SRK (pre SF4) and the current SRK.  The old days seemed to be a lot more toxic and unwelcoming.  I joined around the time SF4 arrived so a lot of the elitist stuff was dying down and people just wanted to help each other out.  The character sections/matchup stuff was amazing.   I feel like SF4 era from 2009 - 2015 was definitely the golden era of SRK.   

Yeah I lurked at SRK pre-SF4. I was excited to find out there was forum just for fighting games, then I read some of the posts. It was like when I worked in Southwest Virginia. I didn't go out after dark. My black ass knew better.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

I had a warm welcome on SRK forums tbh.  

Posted on Juri forums explaining my issues in-game , what i don't know what to do etc. I am dead serious when i say that everyone was polite. 

@AriesWarlock  @Garu @stormdetonation ?   @Fengshuienergy   and the list goes on. 

Got a lot of feedback and tips on what to do without any kind of elitism being shown ,even though it was clear as day light i was a 09'er.

Always will have respect for the Juri forums.

2 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Am I the only person who had a nice pleasent time at SRK, no drama?  It was great for match up help and what's this normal for.

It was pretty easy to avoid drama in SRK. If you found it in the game subsections, it usually came from very nerdy angles. 

A whole lot of drama came from people not wanting to accept different perspectives in discussions. Which is ironic because the great thing about discussions is being given those different views. 

FGC in general is more dismissive of new information than other hobbies I participated in. Most of that is because you can overcome tech in multiple ways. If you have good spacing, a lot of stuff doesn't matter. Wong has basically been getting by with incredible footsies for decades.  If you can bop most of the player base with X set of tools, new info isn't as relevant to you. Unfortunately you had some mid level players who were wanting to play themselves up for cred. 

There were definitely a chunk of people with bad attitudes in general. Actually that was really the issue: people with weird attitude problems about random stuff.

2 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I was going to test the mod, but it seems that for some reason none of the mods are loading on my from the seas copy of SFV now.

Dunno if SFV "updating" to the newest version made them not to work

It runs perfectly fine for me. Load it up with   pak mod manager , disable it then enable it again and it should work fine. Be sure no mod overlaps one another if it replaces same costume slot  C1 , C2, etc.