Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

5 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Melty Blood coming back in 2021 with rollback netcode is a welcome surprise

I wonder who's going to be publishing it... Will it still be a Ecole thing, or are they going to work with the big boys to get it on multiple platforms? 

SNK, ArcSys and now French Bread all have an upcoming game that will feature rollback-based netplay. 

holy fuck

I cannot believe it

now if Bandai Namco, Capcom, and Sega get their shit together, we will truly reach the valhalla of fighting games, since we don't have to worry that only western games have a good and playable online. 

I really hope that the dreams come true and a BlazBlue game, another Guilty Gear, Granblue/FighterZ, Under Night, and SamSho can receive similar treatment

38 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

But in all seriousness, MvCi has pretty decent rollback netcode, so capcom kinda already has their shit together. But, they have plenty of room to fuck it up

That's assuming they don't just toss MVCI's netcode out and start over from scrath for SF6, but using 5's netcode as baseline. 

SF6 and Tekken 8 are currently at the top of my watchlist for "you guys better do it right"

if KOFXV's rollback implementation is shit I can at least forgive it somewhat due to being their first attempt at that netplay type, but hopefully they're receiving assistance from Code Mystics

10 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Speaking of which, we're suppose to play BB at some point on PS4.

As pertho said "Tubb likes to make his special moves go BURRRRR!!!!"

So if you're willing to lose a couple IQ points playing me, let me know

I'm not home tomorrow but we can set something up for the  weekend.  Let me know!

4 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Watched @EvilCanadian's vid, well done as always, homie. 

I'm gonna offer a counter point

You suggested making marketable characters (i.e. TIG OL BITTIES and BOOTYBUTT GALOR) easier to play for newcomers, and making your less marketable characters the technical ones, but it had me thinking this:

The person buying GG for baiken's boobs isn't there for the actual game anyway. Making the thirst character easier to play would most likely help with player retention, I agree, but on the other hand, if that player is going to pick up the game anyways for boobs, they'll only stick around if they actually like the game. It doesn't matter how easy Baiken is to play, they're only going to continue playing if they end up liking the game more than boobs. Otherwise, they'll just stay on twitter looking at lewd fan art.  

Giving a character with unique mechanics sexy wrapping paper is a pretty ingenious method of bringing in new players with sex appeal AND stimulating seasoned FG players or existing players with interesting mechanics. 

If a SF or KoF veteran player decides to pick up Strive as their first GG game, the fact that Baiken is an active defense character might be more intriguing than BOOBS which could be enough for someone who decided to make Strive their first fighting game. 

Overall, baiken being a technically difficult character could boost DLC sales with this train of thought

For me while the example isn't boobs, DBFZ proves the concept works

UI Goku is ultra fan favourite game, his DLC brought in tons of DBZ audience that didn't already play the game yet, and due to the fact he was strong, straight forward, and easy to use, it kept those players, they didn't just immediately bleed away.

Then once those players stay, they start buying more DLC etc etc etc. It shows the value of making the popular char that would bring in people that haven't otherwise shown up easy enough for babby to figure out.

1 minute ago, EvilCanadian said:

his DLC brought in tons of DBZ audience that didn't already play the game yet, and due to the fact he was strong, straight forward, and easy to use, it kept those players, they didn't just immediately bleed away.

Word, that makes sense. 

I wonder if "sexualized" characters make a difference... Cause UI goku is a character people wanted to play, not just look at. 

Makes me think of SC where you have Ivy and Nightmare, both characters that bring people in, for different reasons, and nightmare is a hard hitting, lower execution character, where as Ivy is one of the more execution heavy characters.  

47 minutes ago, EvilCanadian said:

For me while the example isn't boobs, DBFZ proves the concept works

UI Goku is ultra fan favourite game, his DLC brought in tons of DBZ audience that didn't already play the game yet, and due to the fact he was strong, straight forward, and easy to use, it kept those players, they didn't just immediately bleed away.

Then once those players stay, they start buying more DLC etc etc etc. It shows the value of making the popular char that would bring in people that haven't otherwise shown up easy enough for babby to figure out.

Mortal Kombat is another good example of making characters that draw people in easy to play. That all makes sense from a publisher perspective but it can make online positively  cancer if you don't separate the player base into tiers based on something or other.

2 hours ago, PVL_93_RU said:

That's assuming they don't just toss MVCI's netcode out and start over from scrath for SF6, but using 5's netcode as baseline. 

SF6 and Tekken 8 are currently at the top of my watchlist for "you guys better do it right"

if KOFXV's rollback implementation is shit I can at least forgive it somewhat due to being their first attempt at that netplay type, but hopefully they're receiving assistance from Code Mystics

I'll take shitty rollback over whatever it is SNK has been using for years.  Even if it's just SFV level rollback.   I love SNK games - I just want one to actually be playable online for once.   

4 hours ago, PVL_93_RU said:

I'm gonna go on a limb and say this is the case. At this point ArcSys crossed the Xenophobia rubicon by letting westeners fix their netcode. There is literally no reason why Japanese devs decide to do inhouse only stuff. Western fanbase understands netcodes better than their entire industry.

So basically at this point there are only going to be two games: the ones people are willing to put money on because of netcode and that dumb shit you released with wack stuff so we aren't buying it. They can swallow that pill every day and twice on sunday.

3 hours ago, KingTubb said:

As pertho said "Tubb likes to make his special moves go BURRRRR!!!!"

So if you're willing to lose a couple IQ points playing me, let me know

From the bottom of my heart:

You don't understand how much you tilt me every time I play you. @Vhozite pretends he doesn't think. But I know the real you. The man who has no care in the world.  The real KingTubb is the man who solved singularity with his playstyle. The quickest way to get your brain doing moves isn't using your hand, its to directly manipulate things with your cranium.  You aren't face rolling, you are trying to solve a brain interface option for FGs by playing with your head. But you couldn't do this on a stick. If you use your head with a stick, that looks to much like you on some downlow stuff and you ain't down for sus. That's why the cheatbox. Clean buttons that also let you practice your motor boating.

Is KingTubb playing or is he trying to rap all of Rapper's Delight while using Mai's bossom as headphones? Who knows. But it sure does make me want to punch my screen.

🙏  and much ❤️

5 minutes ago, Sonero said:

@Vhozite pretends he doesn't think. 

Lol summoned (without using two tributes)  just to be called out.

When I say I’m not thinking what I mean is “I’m not thinking too deeply about this situation I’m just going with my gut”. Not totally random but if you were to ask me why I did a certain thing I can’t really tell you much besides “lizard brain said hit a button”.

2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Mortal Kombat is another good example of making characters that draw people in easy to play. That all makes sense from a publisher perspective but it can make online positively  cancer if you don't separate the player base into tiers based on something or other.

I like MK11 but that game is perfect example of why I don’t like that approach. All the fan favorites are simple and as a result all the online modes are packed to brim with like 4-5 characters while everyone else gets left on the shelf.

I main Frost. I play on PC and I run into more Kang, Sub, and Scorpion in one afternoon than I have Frost in the 3-4 months since buying the game during the holidays. It’s even worse on PS4. 

50 minutes ago, Sonero said:

From the bottom of my heart:

You don't understand how much you tilt me every time I play you. @Vhozite pretends he doesn't think. But I know the real you. The man who has no care in the world.  The real KingTubb is the man who solved singularity with his playstyle. The quickest way to get your brain doing moves isn't using your hand, its to directly manipulate things with your cranium.  You aren't face rolling, you are trying to solve a brain interface option for FGs by playing with your head. But you couldn't do this on a stick. If you use your head with a stick, that looks to much like you on some downlow stuff and you ain't down for sus. That's why the cheatbox. Clean buttons that also let you practice your motor boating.

Is KingTubb playing or is he trying to rap all of Rapper's Delight while using Mai's bossom as headphones? Who knows. But it sure does make me want to punch my screen.

🙏  and much ❤️

Tubb plays fun. I like playing him the most out of everyone here. The only equal is @Mattatsu.

1 minute ago, KingTubb said:

Thanks Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Dayaan gets it. It’s all about having a good time maaaaaaaan

Franco looks like my aunt here. Speaking of weed, speed and ass kicking machines, wanna have a good time on SFV right now? Actually any game, I'm down.

2 hours ago, mykka said:

Totally, I hope it's real. Her SF4 model was one of the worst in the game, totally botched her look

I realise that SF4 was really ugly, yes. But is it too much to ask to get a literal Lisa Lisa skin? People keep asking for the "real" Rose, so give it to us, eh?

4 hours ago, Skort said:

I regret not playing Laura since season 1.

PS : nah for real,should had alted her ages ago. She is fun.

PS 2 : her VS 2 kinda meh sadly,I dont see how any Laura player would go for this in favour of her VS 1

Glad you are enjoying her, I had a blast playing Laura while I waited for Alex to drop. I still kept playing her, even more than Alex, after he did drop. Only Kolin could get me away from Laura. After playing Gouken in SFIV, something about counters appeal to me.

53 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Glad you are enjoying her, I had a blast playing Laura while I waited for Alex to drop. I still kept playing her, even more than Alex, after he did drop. Only Kolin could get me away from Laura. After playing Gouken in SFIV, something about counters appeal to me.

Same, SFV is a game where i basically only played waifus.

I usually main Cammy, Blanka and Honda, but since they were late additions, this time around i played with Cammy, R. Mika and Laura.

And Kolin after they added her, dunno why, but her gameplay really clicked for me.

I wish i had the hands to play with Menat, but unfortunately i am getting old, lol.

I've gone pretty hard down the waifu route for SFV specifically myself. It's interesting because it's definitely not a rule for me. I played two main teams in MvC3, all 6 male characters. If I do end up playing GG Strive, it's Axl all the way.

But it's something about the SFV waifus...or maybe I just find the male cast of this game to be a bunch of doofs. The only dudes I actually like stylistically are Cody and Zeku, and I'm not galaxy brain enough to actually play Zeku,

Not to be a party pooper, but the game is still hugely unpopular due all the problems it had and still has from launch.

There sure is a small online  scene thanks to the online being solid, but is not really correct to call it esports since is not officially sanctioned/supported by capcom or disney and the online events it has are quite fragmented between different online scenes making most of them to go vey unnoticed.

I might be the only person who actually cares about their characters.... well character, personality.

Wouldn't play someone, even if they fit 1:1 my playstyle if I don't like them.

What is ironic because like 3 years ago I though SF Characters had something like this. Now I just see a bunch of flat lines with one line of trope written on them.

At least the girls have become very good for making po...... art!

9 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Not to be a party pooper, but the game is still hugely unpopular due all the problems it had and still has from launch.

There sure is a small online  scene thanks to the online being solid, but is not really correct to call it esports since is not officially sanctioned/supported by capcom or disney and the online events it has are quite fragmented between different online scenes making most of them to go vey unnoticed.

The partnership with Matcherino is what took it to esport  level since it gave the TOs a means to monetarize their tournament series and provide pay outs. I don't think being entirely grassroots would disqualify it from being an esport as long as some money is coming in. 

13 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Glad to see this game is still going strong

"Reviving?" I never knew it was an eSport...

Cool. I feel like only existing Marvel players will watch this, but that's fine nonetheless. Plus, I'm sure there will be *some* external exposure, no matter how minimal.

14 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

To be fair, the same will happen to SFV, everyone will drop it and run to SFVI.
Only a handfull will sit in a corner and yell at Capcom to put their game back into the CPT so they can keep playing.

Not really sure what this has to do with anything at present. When SFV fans bitch and cry about SFVI and not form their own grassroots scene it'll be relevant and I'll rake them over the coals. As of right now, it isn't. MvCi fans literally had the deck stacked against them and persevered. Pro players and major tournaments cut and ran from MvCi as soon as they saw that Capcom or Disney wasn't going to fund a tournament scene. SFIV fans just bitched in comment sections instead of keeping the game, they claimed to love, alive. Actions speak louder than words. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
15 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

When SFV fans bitch and cry about SFVI and not form their own grassroots scene it'll be relevant and I'll rake them over the coals.

Actions speak louder than words. 

That is what will happen.

Instead of trying to build the community up, they bitch and moan that Capcom isn't doing it for them.

There is no one working on some sort of Rollback Mod for the game, cause everyone who modded for that game and had a clue about this stuff moved to SFV long ago.

As BBCF didn't comit seppuku I was literally getting every single person in the entire EU I could find to gather on the Discord and help build a community up. But then the "good" player decided that the game should be murderd and I was literally banned from the Server I helped to get over 200 people in, from which were 20 constantly active, what is a decent cut, because I was toxic.

I was toxic because I told them to stop bullying the new people and be toxic assholes, they kill the community.

The answer.

"There is nothing wrong with that!"

At least a game that got completly fucked by it's Devs and Supporters, got a community together that tries their best to have the game run and grow a community.

Wish there were more of that kind.