Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

15 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

That is what will happen.

Instead of trying to build the community up, they bitch and moan that Capcom isn't doing it for them.

There is no one working on some sort of Rollback Mod for the game, cause everyone who modded for that game and had a clue about this stuff moved to SFV long ago.

As BBCF didn't comit seppuku I was literally getting every single person in the entire EU I could find to gather on the Discord and help build a community up. But then the "good" player decided that the game should be murderd and I was literally banned from the Server I helped to get over 200 people in, from which were 20 constantly active, what is a decent cut, because I was toxic.

I was toxic because I told them to stop bullying the new people and be toxic assholes, they kill the community.

The answer.

"There is nothing wrong with that!"

At least a game that got completly fucked by it's Devs and Supporters, got a community together that tries their best to have the game run and grow a community.

Wish there were more of that kind.

But MvCi isn't a case of abandoning the old game in favor of a new one. Infinite is the new game that got abandoned after Evo left out in the cold. It's not exactly the same thing. 

4 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

But MvCi isn't a case of abandoning the old game in favor of a new one. Infinite is the new game that got abandoned after Evo left out in the cold. It's not exactly the same thing. 

I thought the point was about communitys actually doing things, instead of just yelling and twisting their thumbs?

1 minute ago, Mr.Cipher said:

I thought the point was about communitys actually doing things, instead of just yelling and twisting their thumbs?

The thing about MvCi is the community that was there abandoned it for Fighterz which left people who actually liked the game to form a brand new community around it. The people who would yell and twist wasn't around to hold anyone back. 

16 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Why did they run for DBFZ anyway, BBTag was there too and thats closer to Marvel than DBFZ is.

We had a talk about this in Discord a while ago, if it's really just the IP I question the sanity of humans...... I do that every day anyway since I work in retail, but you probably get what I mean.

You know damn well it's just the IP.

BlazWeeb just doesn't have the same pull as DBZ. Straight up.

Anyone know much about TVs?

My 720p TV is pretty old, like 10 years old. I was playing the PS5 in HDMI-2 (which I’ve been using for the PS4 for years) and suddenly the image and colour quality dropped to shit levels.

the PS5 in HDMI-1 is perfectly fine

I don’t know much about TVs, and it’s likely just old, but I can’t help but wonder if the PS5 was too much and pooched the input. I was in the middle of a pretty intense battle in Doom Eternal 

edit to add: I recently got a nice 1080p monitor for my office but can’t get an Ethernet cable there, so I may have to avoid fighting games until I upgrade my TV.

Edited by Mattatsu
13 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Anyone know much about TVs?

My 720p TV is pretty old, like 10 years old. I was playing the PS5 in HDMI-2 (which I’ve been using for the PS4 for years) and suddenly the image and colour quality dropped to shit levels.

the PS5 in HDMI-1 is perfectly fine

I don’t know much about TVs, and it’s likely just old, but I can’t help but wonder if the PS5 was too much and pooched the input. I was in the middle of a pretty intense battle in Doom Eternal 

edit to add: I recently got a nice 1080p monitor for my office but can’t get an Ethernet cable there, so I may have to avoid fighting games until I upgrade my TV.

Are you looking for an upgrade for your TV or want a fix for your problem? If it's the latter than it sounds like that HDMI port crapped out. That or the cable you use to connect your PS5 might have went out.

3 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Are you looking for an upgrade for your TV or want a fix for your problem? If it's the latter than it sounds like that HDMI port crapped out. That or the cable you use to connect your PS5 might have went out.

I’ll probably upgrade the TV eventually. I don’t really have to fix the problem, I can still use HDMI 1 in my TV for the PS5, but we use that to watch TV with and I am paranoid/worried the PS5 had something to do with it and I’ll eventually pooch that input too... it’s been an expensive month, and I really don’t want to have to buy a new TV right now so I’d feel safer using my new office monitor for the PS5.

and the cable seems fine, when I was testing the inputs, I was using the same cable, just a different input.

7 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Plus MVCI was a game that had many faults that shooed away most of the fanbase of the MVC series.

With SFV, for all its faults, it manages to be decent enough to maintain a healthy (although masochistic love hate relationship type) fanbase.

Anybody here play any Injustice 2 on Playstation? I'm trying to get all of the trophies, and one requires 50 online Player Match wins. After spending an afternoon getting teabagged and having racial epithets yelled at me while playing random people online, I thought I might as well see if anyone here would be willing to run some casual games.

NRS games have such a miserably toxic playerbase, seriously.

25 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

Anybody here play any Injustice 2 on Playstation? I'm trying to get all of the trophies, and one requires 50 online Player Match wins. After spending an afternoon getting teabagged and having racial epithets yelled at me while playing random people online, I thought I might as well see if anyone here would be willing to run some casual games.

I still have my PS4 copy of the game. 

31 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

I can help you, i am not really good at the game or anything, but i wouldnt mind jumping into the game to help you and have an excuse to actually touch the game, lol.

I am usually free from 9PM central time onwards.

3 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I can help you, i am not really good at the game or anything, but i wouldnt mind jumping into the game to help you and have an excuse to actually touch the game, lol.

I am usually free from 9PM central time onwards.

I'd appreciate that, for sure. I'm not particularly good at the game either. I played it a lot when it first came out, now I'm just trying to score that Platinum trophy.  Thought it might be more fun playing vs someone here that wading into the ocean of racist 14 year olds that is the NRS online community.

9 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

I'd appreciate that, for sure. I'm not particularly good at the game either. I played it a lot when it first came out, now I'm just trying to score that Platinum trophy.  Thought it might be more fun playing vs someone here that wading into the ocean of racist 14 year olds that is the NRS online community.

I feel you man.

Playing against randoms is, at least for me, not something i really find fun tbh.

I actually used to play Inj1 a lot, really loved it, and had a descent scene here in my city where we played it weekly.

But with Inj2, the hype wasnt there.

Most of us bought it, but abandoned it in less than a month, which was kind of strange, since all of us agreed it was better over all than Inj1, but it simply didnt grab us.

11 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

I’ll probably upgrade the TV eventually. I don’t really have to fix the problem, I can still use HDMI 1 in my TV for the PS5, but we use that to watch TV with and I am paranoid/worried the PS5 had something to do with it and I’ll eventually pooch that input too... it’s been an expensive month, and I really don’t want to have to buy a new TV right now so I’d feel safer using my new office monitor for the PS5.

and the cable seems fine, when I was testing the inputs, I was using the same cable, just a different input.

If you are looking for a decent budget set, I'd go for a TCL. You can get a solid one for like $300, maybe less now. My brother picked one up when his Samsung died. I'd check Rtings.com, best place to go when considering TVs IMO.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-price/under-500

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/under-300

Edited by Darc_Requiem
9 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

IJ2 is an awesome game, I should dig that back out one of these days. One of the few fighting games that I enjoyed playing solo more than with others

I'm in the same boat. I've played probably a hundred hours of IJ2, mostly just with the story and multiverse stuff. But now to get the Platinum trophy, I just need 200 total Player matches with 50 wins.

12 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Most of us bought it, but abandoned it in less than a month, which was kind of strange, since all of us agreed it was better over all than Inj1, but it simply didnt grab us.

Injustice 2 used to be one of my favorite games but at some point it became playing it became unbearable. I remember coming back to it like a year after I put it down and the movement was unbearably stiff and slow. People clown NRS for their weird animations but MK11 flows 10x better than Inj2. 

Mechanically speaking i found it hit or miss. It was super refreshing playing a game without a heavy handed comeback mechanic, and the trait system is still my favorite FG unique mechanic. Traits are what VT’s should be. What I really didn’t like was how meter dependent everyone was yet building it was insanely slow outside of getting hit. I distinctly remember several instances of me netting a flawless round against someone with Supergirl and not even building an entire bar. 

I also remember the endless bitching about Deadshot, though strong zoning has never bothered me.

3 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Injustice 2 used to be one of my favorite games but at some point it became playing it became unbearable. I remember coming back to it like a year after I put it down and the movement was unbearably stiff and slow. People clown NRS for their weird animations but MK11 flows 10x better than Inj2. 

Mechanically speaking i found it hit or miss. It was super refreshing playing a game without a heavy handed comeback mechanic, and the trait system is still my favorite FG unique mechanic. Traits are what VT’s should be. What I really didn’t like was how meter dependent everyone was yet building it was insanely slow outside of getting hit. I distinctly remember several instances of me netting a flawless round against someone with Supergirl and not even building an entire bar. 

I also remember the endless bitching about Deadshot, though strong zoning has never bothered me.

You know, i also "like" the trait mechanic, BUT, and that is a big but, i think that outside some characters, most of the traits were very unimaginative.

It doesn't help that they felt like the poor man version of the Drives from BlazBlue, specially for all the chars that the trait was a simple buff.

And yeah, the meter build was atrocious on the game. Iirc it was because the meter build was more or less the comeback mechanic, where you build it faster when getting hit (i could be remembering wrong)

As for the VT being more like the traits, tbh, i think that while it would have interesting to see a SF with the drive system from BB, i think that what SFV wanted to do was more in line with the Instinct from KI and/or the Heat Up from BattleFantasia, where you gain access to extra toolsets when using a meter, is just that on those other 2 games it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better designed, since the characters dont feel incomplete without the mechanics and they can be used outside comeback scenarios more often (the heat up mostly).

The traits feel more like what VS were meant to be imo.

Tools to be used through the match, but capcom, being capcom fucked that up.

Edit

A friend of mine bitched about Zoners and thought they were OP, (he didnt really have a background on fgs outside injustice)

The funny thing is that he played Deathstroke and Deadshot respectively to try to prove his point and was amused why most of us didnt mind, specially me, since Aquaman had a terrible matchup iirc, against both characters, but i actually liked the challenge of the matchup.

Edited by Hecatom
1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

snip

Oh yeah traits and VT aren’t 1:1 in terms of function. I’m just saying I strongly prefer it as the “mid round power-up” gimmick. Playing Inj2 you can amp yourself basically whenever, whereas in SFV it’s gated behind losing 50% HP, making the pops very predictable. I agree they’re largely uncreative, but I feel the same way about most VTs. Both NRS and Capcom are severely lacking in the creativity department compared to Arc Sys with a game like Xrd. 

As far as zoning goes it hasn’t bothered me since I was trying to play solo Cerebella in Skullgirls. Trying to get in on Peacock is way harder than anything I’ve run into playing Street Fighter or any NRS game. In fact now I actually enjoy getting in on zoners, it’s like navigating a maze.

The only thing I don’t like is when I’m trying to get in and my character has trash options for staying on top of the other guy. Nothing is more annoying than working your way in just for your combo ender to send them fullscreen or side switches them out of the corner for no reason. 

Edited by Vhozite
25 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Snip

Uff tell me about it.

I played Tager on BBCT, where he was at his worst and the Zoners like Nu, Rachel and Arakune were at their stupidiest, combine that with a mechanic that punished the losing player (Guard Libra) and Tager was eating sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet all the time, lol.

After that long year of suffering i became more desensitized of playing against zoners 🤣

And i agree, both Capcom and NRS are playing to safe/uncreative with the options they give to their chars.

Which is kind of amusing, given how mechanics like HeatUp from BF and Instinct from KI are inspired from the Dark Force from DarkStalkers.

Sidenote.

I find amusing how despite having strong zoners on their games, Green Arrow has a lame version of his zoning tools as a trait.

Is this kind of mentality that makes me wish that Inj copied BB more and went more wild with the Trait system, Inj is an anime game in disguise, and they should embrace the whackiness that comes with those games.

Specially because the DC characters have a way array of abbilities that could translate into stuff like games like what you see on ASW and FB games.

Part of me wishes that the next DC fg from NRS is not an Inj game so they can actually ditch what is not working, use what it did, and more importantly, give us a DC fg that is not tied to the 90s edgy universe.

2 hours ago, GreatDarkHero said:

Update: 

New gaming laptop finally came in! 

I apologize for not commenting here as I should have been. Last few days have been busy as fuck. 

Get on FC, homie. And get in our Discord so I can trash talk you as we play!