Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

The question about storing is not always so much a question about the utility of stores, it's the viability of the character before and after storing. Chun Li is definitely worse without her super in 3S, but she can hang with the rest of the cast without meter. It's a major reason why she's strong. I can't comment on Juri now, but the issue with her was always in her whiff punishability, the work needed to get stores given the binary nature of spacing after certain engagements in SFV, and the utility of her stores in terms of how they feed into her gameplay loop.

I get that you should earn stores, but I don't understand why they thought it would be a good idea to hit the reset button that hard after every conversion for her. It's so bad that Juri players are actually happy with VT giving full stores. That's straight up ass. That should have been included to begin with, especially given the stupid nature of Oki in SFV. Kusoge tier decisions on a character that looks, sounds and behaves so pretty.

1 hour ago, Dayaan said:

The question about storing is not always so much a question about the utility of stores, it's the viability of the character before and after storing. Chun Li is definitely worse without her super in 3S, but she can hang with the rest of the cast without meter. It's a major reason why she's strong. I can't comment on Juri now, but the issue with her was always in her whiff punishability, the work needed to get stores given the binary nature of spacing after certain engagements in SFV, and the utility of her stores in terms of how they feed into her gameplay loop.

I get that you should earn stores, but I don't understand why they thought it would be a good idea to hit the reset button that hard after every conversion for her. It's so bad that Juri players are actually happy with VT giving full stores. That's straight up ass. That should have been included to begin with, especially given the stupid nature of Oki in SFV. Kusoge tier decisions on a character that looks, sounds and behaves so pretty.

And the worst part is that her stores are ass anyway.

LK Release is the only decent one, MK release is a 23f move that is a hopping kick... but it's not an overhead. 🤣 HK Release is pretty much Ken's MK Tatsu.

That shit is just embarrassing. 🤣

3 hours ago, Murphy0X said:

In SFV it was needed.  If she handled stores like the way she did in sf4 she would get blown up in this game with how easy it is to get around fireballs.  They're definitely afraid of making her too strong so the moves she got don't do nearly enough damage.  I do believe they help her more in the sfv meta than the old fireball stores would.  That being said I do think her sf4 moveset was a little more interesting to use.

Hard agree.  

2 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Juris Store was not just bigger, but even from a long range she would get the store on block.

Now lets just assume that there were no changes to the move and she just wouldn't have to hold the buttons to keep them stored.

Juri would get one of the best, if not the best fireball in the game, as well as one of the best if not the best pressure tool in the game, alongside one of the best if not the best comboextender in the game as well.

She would also get pretty good options overall and probably get her EX Fireballs back in that scenario.

Juris Stores from SFIV in V would be oppresive as all hell, especially with that fireball attached to it.

Unless a late patch changed it, her storing kick was unsafe on block in IV, except at a small max range where she'd outrange most 3f attacks. 

Of course, it wasn't stubby so it'd be a top-tier kick in this game. 

And like Murphy0X said, fireballs, even good ones, won't get you far in SFV.  Just ask Sagat. 

Re: Vhozite:   Yes, her fireballs in IV were about a frame or two better than Sonic Booms.  She just couldn't chuck them rapid-fire like Guile, and until the Ultra patch only one of them would hit a croucher. 

1 hour ago, Mattatsu said:

SFV should keep the PS3/Vita stores.

tfw your kid brother tries to add to the conversation.  🤣

2 hours ago, Volt said:

And the worst part is that her stores are ass anyway.

LK Release is the only decent one, MK release is a 23f move that is a hopping kick... but it's not an overhead. 🤣 HK Release is pretty much Ken's MK Tatsu.

That shit is just embarrassing. 🤣

LK is good

MK doesn’t need to be an overhead since it’s a combo extender. The issue with is that the options to link into it are poor. If it comboed from lights or either of her crouching mediums it would be serviceable. This store should turn her into Karin lite. 

HK just needs to do more way damage. I think currently is does 80, which is compared to a light special for other characters. It needs to hit for 140 at the absolute minimum. 

While the stores need buffs they would also benefit from having multiple versions of EX. 

- EX light fullscreen fireball that's plus

- EX medium fast as fuck overhead that you can combo from

- EX heavy as it currently is  

It would also be better synergy with her VT 2 as Juri would have worthwhile EX moves to throw out while constantly draining opponent's meter to empower herself as EX light would allow her to reppressure and EX medium would raise her mixup options.

Edited by Skort
2 hours ago, Vhozite said:

MK doesn’t need to be an overhead since it’s a combo extender.

It's also a 23f hopkick.

Just make it a damn overhead.

2 hours ago, Vhozite said:

HK just needs to do more way damage. I think currently is does 80

Bro what?

🤣

It keeps getting worse. 🤣

Playing a bit on this alt account trying to rank up more and i stumble upon a Grand Master Abigail with 154 win streak.  

The game was stuttering every single frame, this dude legit had a lag switch on. Seriously lol. Best part is that game lagged out so  bad it forcefully disconnected me. At least the scrub got no points.

Wtf really.

Street-Fighter-V-Screenshot-2021-03-31-0

Edited by Skort
3 hours ago, Skort said:

Playing a bit on this alt account trying to rank up more and i stumble upon a Grand Master Abigail with 154 win streak.  

The game was stuttering every single frame, this dude legit had a lag switch on. Seriously lol. Best part is that game lagged out so  bad it forcefully disconnected me. At least the scrub got no points.

Wtf really.

At least it's not as bad as FC1 3rd Strike. Hehe would charge up a Denjin and then move around the game window to make it lag and make the parry impossible 😂

Get fucked.

16 hours ago, Skort said:

Wtf really.

Wait I didn't know Abigail got released for the season 1 pass.... wait hold on what date is it today....

the fuck niggas its 2021!?!? I thought we stopped doing this 4 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dead or Alive series director Yohei Shimbori leaves Koei Tecmo

“As of today, I have left Koei Tecmo Games,” Shimbori said in a tweet. “I worked on Dead or Alive for 16 years, and while there were times I was pleased, there were also times I was unable to live up to expectations. I would like to take this opportunity to express my utmost gratitude to the many people who have supported and taken care of me. Thank you very much.”

Dead or Alive 6 (2019) – Producer and Director

3 hours ago, Yiceman said:

Tekken 7 is on sale for Playstation for $10 USD. It also apparently has a pretty easy trophy list, so looks like that will be my next project after I platinum Injustice 2.

Speaking of which, @Mattatsuyou free tonight? 😂

Yeah, I have a lot of work to do, but I can log in on my iPad and just hit X to rematch, or whatever. I should be able to do that from 7pm ET onwards

2 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

Considering no longer teaching people 3S. I am not a therapist, people. I don't want to hear about why you think your attack should have landed.

Play the game, pls.

Maybe people just want to vent. I know I get heated when an attack that should hit doesn't.

1 minute ago, Yiceman said:

@MattatsuOk I got the 50 wins trophy. You can bail if you want. Or if you're fine hitting X some more I'm happy to grind the 200 total games trophy. Totally up to you, you already helped me a ton.

We can keep going. I’m still working. It’s making work a little less mundane 

3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Maybe people just want to vent. I know I get heated when an attack that should hit doesn't.

They don't even know when an attack should hit. They just feel like they deserve to have their buttons do something. Too much APM, not enough introspection.

2 hours ago, Yiceman said:

I'm down to play either of you guys in real games. Even after I get the 50 wins trophy I still need the trophy for 200 total online games, win or lose. Oh yeah and its fun too.

I am free tomorrow and the day after.

What is your PSN?