Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

the PC community is always coming up with fixes for shoddily programmed ports and other issues, I'm very surprised nobody has come up with a way to sandbox the egs app so it doesn't grab your info. And I would argue Steam IS anti consumer since they're apparently the only place to buy new games on PC at least according to some. People always talking PC master race this and that, but why don't they have more than one decent store for new games?

GoG exists. The biggest reason that store doesn't usually get new releases is because GoG specializes in no DRM. You know, the thing that all the major companies love even though it's not proven to work. 

Most of the major western publishers have their own stores. EA, Activision, Ubisoft, and Rockstar have their own launchers. Ask them if they are willing to open up. 

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

There are very valid reasons. It's no different from console how two generations ago people preferred Xbox Live over PSN. It didn't matter much to folks that PS3 online was free when the online are mostly unstable, majority of games relied on peer-to-peer instead of servers and it's online store started as a web page. 

Funny how this myth persist even today.

Games that relied on servers for their online on Live did the same on PSN.

The problem was that the PS3 came with wifi integrated unlike the 360, an a lot of people played in wifi because of that.

And now that the xbox consoles do the same, you can see a lot of the quality being the same across the board.

Also, regarding steam being more complete feature, it took them yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars to get to the point they are currently in.

Lets not pretend that steam was always like this.

I think that having multiple stores is good.

This thing where a lot of pc mustard race act like having to start a game on a different launcher is the epitome of the stereotypes that the media loves to paint the gaming community as.

18 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

You mean like the myth that there are always more people on consoles, despite every evidence provided does not support this statement?

It's not a myth.  Not everyone is an anime player living in Europe.  🤣

The most popular mainstream games most definitely have more players on console.  PC is the domain of anime/fringe games with only a few exceptions (Tekken mainly).

3 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Honestly, other than the security concerns

Well, the security concern is my credit card number.  That's a much bigger deal to me than Google selling my browser info or whatever.

Also, I don't know if they've fixed it yet but just a few months ago people noticed that your cpu temperature idles like 10 degrees hotter just letting the Epic software run in the background on your PC.  That's electric bill and PC part wear and tear I don't love the idea of paying for.

Believe me, I'd love to be playing SamSho on PC otherwise.

1 hour ago, misterBee said:

It's not a myth.  Not everyone is an anime player living in Europe.  🤣

The most popular mainstream games most definitely have more players on console.  PC is the domain of anime/fringe games with only a few exceptions (Tekken mainly).

Not even that.

Most games in general, when are published on both consoles and PC, usually end being sold betwee 75% -25% to 90% - 10% on consoles to pc ratio.

Very few games end having the majority of players on pc, and that happens mostly when the most recent versions end on PC with consoles lagging behind.

There are exceptions, and is true that it can vary from region to region, but in general is a hard fact that for some reason triggers Cypher into a more bitch mode than usual, lol.

1 hour ago, Reticently said:

Also, I don't know if they've fixed it yet but just a few months ago people noticed that your cpu temperature idles like 10 degrees hotter just letting the Epic software run in the background on your PC.  That's electric bill and PC part wear and tear I don't love the idea of paying for.

Believe me, I'd love to be playing SamSho on PC otherwise.

I'm pretty sure they fixed that issue a long time ago.

Also, the idea that more PC power usage is going to affect your power bill in significant ways is a myth.  Unless you've got several mining rigs each with a row of high-end GPUs, you're not going to notice a change in your power bill just from having your PC run a bit hotter or faster.  Even when doing some pretty aggressive overclocking the amount of extra money it will cost you on your power bill is negligible.

Likewise, a 10 degree increase in CPU temps for whatever reason isn't going to kill off your CPU any faster.  Unless they are constantly doing heavy encoding the average user will never get close to the thermal operating limits of their CPUs, and even if they do modern CPUs are designed to throttle down before any damage can be done.

If you want to play SamSho on PC, just do it.  There's no reason not to.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Of course you have solid sources to back this up.

Yes i do, and i have already posted them multiple times, we have hard data based on both sales, player count etc, which is readily available for anyone to see.

That your turdbrain decides to ignore them is another thing.

Just now, Mr.Cipher said:

It's not my Job to provide sources.

Your last "source" was a bunch of numbers you made up with no source and then throw "look at Steam count and multiply it by X to get console numbers!"

So a basic Steam Forum reply, also known as a lot of hot air.

LMAO, wut

I even posted the links to the numbers you dumbfuck.

Cited where they came from and everything.

I provided the sources multiple times.

But hey, lets pretend reality is not a thing.

Just now, misterBee said:

SRK is dead and there is nowhere to run.  Get command grabbed scrub.

OK so, you've cornered me. The wall behind me is the corpse of SRK. Can't jump out. And all you have to do is command grab me? SMH.

Typical younguns getting all their reward on a silver platter. And I'm the scrub...

4 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Should be easy for you to do it again.

I have time.

And humor your stupid ass on wasting mine arguing the same shit over and over because you don't want to accept reality?

Nah son.

I am busy right now with work.

You can go search for my post and read it or do the numbers by yourself.

It is fucking easy since most of tekken 7 numbers are updated regularly.

You can cry over them or keep ignoring them like you have been doing so far.

3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I'm not going to turn a blind eye to the basics just because they have something I'm interested in. The feature depth of Steam's community features makes playing a multiplayer game like Borderlands 3 far better than it would on Epic. Things like that it easier and more enjoyable to play games with others which what Epic severely lacks. Don't understate how things like this affect the experience. 

No shopping cart is a big deal. A store with no cart is like having a house without an essential appliance. I dunno about you but I buy things in bulk especially when there's a sale. It missing lead to a direct security issue. 

There are very valid reasons. It's no different from console how two generations ago people preferred Xbox Live over PSN. It didn't matter much to folks that PS3 online was free when the online are mostly unstable, majority of games relied on peer-to-peer instead of servers and it's online store started as a web page. 

I don't buy in bulk, but I don't see why a couple extra clicks would keep you from playing something yoy were interested in in another store. Same with the community aspects, if we weren't living in the golden age of easy communication I could see your point, but we are, and it's not like there's a shortage of people communicating about games. 

XBL was people paying for a better experience. It's why Sony decided to go that route for the ps4, it's objectively better than it was on Ps3 and for the games I've double dipped, the online experience is better than Steam too. 

3 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

And humor your stupid ass on wasting mine arguing the same shit over and over because you don't want to accept reality?

Nah son.

I am busy right now with work.

You can go search for my post and read it or do the numbers by yourself.

It is fucking easy since most of tekken 7 numbers are updated regularly.

You can cry over them or keep ignoring them like you have been doing so far.

Another Steam Forum level reply.

Only thing Tekken Numbers do is tell me that more people play it on PC than PS4.

Not good for your argument.

9 minutes ago, misterBee said:

I'm pretty sure they fixed that issue a long time ago.

Idk what a long time is to you, but the issue was still being reported on back in January of this year.

And I don't leave lights on in empty rooms of my house, even if it only costs me pennies now with LED bulbs.  So I'm for sure not keen on spending needless pennies so that a store that exists only to try and sell me stuff can hang out in the background of my PC.

I'm not super worried about thermal wear and tear on my cpu, because that'll probably get replaced years before it matters anyway.  But the bearings in my case fans that would be spinning that much more often over 10 wasted degrees?  A second rate game launcher isn't really worth that to me.

@Hawkingbird

Epic doesn't have all the features that Steam does, but they have given me something like 50 free games by now.  I'm not going to turn that down.

I have all of the major clients installed on my PC and don't have any problem using any of them.

GOG is quite close to Steam in terms of the important things like cloud saves, and has the better client to boot.  GOG Galaxy even aggregates all of your games across all platforms and puts them in a single place for you to manage them.

Despite this, people still cling to Steam and treat GOG as an afterthought.  I feel like a lot of the hate other clients get is simply because people are too lazy to install another client on their computer and are trying to justify it.

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

GoG exists. The biggest reason that store doesn't usually get new releases is because GoG specializes in no DRM. You know, the thing that all the major companies love even though it's not proven to work. 

Most of the major western publishers have their own stores. EA, Activision, Ubisoft, and Rockstar have their own launchers. Ask them if they are willing to open up. 

GoG doesn't get new games most of the time. It's not a true competitor to Steam in the way egs could/should be. Face it, the PC marketplace is pretty anticompetitive and steam is part of the reason why. I hear PC players talk about being "free" from companies like Sony and yet they pretty much have only one place they're willing to go to buy new games. Lol. 

And having to boot up a launcher to run a game you paid for is and always will be dumb. 

Edited by DoctaMario
2 minutes ago, Reticently said:

I'm not super worried about thermal wear and tear on my cpu, because that'll probably get replaced years before it matters anyway.  But the bearings in my case fans that would be spinning that much more often over 10 wasted degrees?  A second rate game launcher isn't really worth that to me.

The bearings in your case fans are even less of an issue than thermal wear and tear on a CPU.  You could leave your case fans constantly running at max RPM and they would still probably take years to fail.

Regardless of your feelings towards the Epic client, the idea that a little bit of extra CPU load is going to kill or adversely affect ANY of your PC hardware is a bit extreme.

54 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I don't buy in bulk, but I don't see why a couple extra clicks would keep you from playing something yoy were interested in in another store. Same with the community aspects, if we weren't living in the golden age of easy communication I could see your point, but we are, and it's not like there's a shortage of people communicating about games. 

XBL was people paying for a better experience. It's why Sony decided to go that route for the ps4, it's objectively better than it was on Ps3 and for the games I've double dipped, the online experience is better than Steam too. 

Convenience. That's the major thing you are overlooking. Fucking extra clicking when the other place lets me click on what I want and buy it all simultaneously. As for community, if I help with something or need to look up some info the community tab is right there. I don't need to leave my game to access it. Can join steam groups if I want to get something going with a particular game. Anything I could possibly need from a communal standpoint is readily provided and there's no real need to get elsewhere to get it. The quality of all of that varies but it's there. I made plenty use of the steam forums, user FAQs, and handful of groups when I needed it. Epic in it's current form can't provide that.

58 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Epic doesn't have all the features that Steam does, but they have given me something like 50 free games by now.  I'm not going to turn that down.

I have all of the major clients installed on my PC and don't have any problem using any of them.

GOG is quite close to Steam in terms of the important things like cloud saves, and has the better client to boot.  GOG Galaxy even aggregates all of your games across all platforms and puts them in a single place for you to manage them.

Despite this, people still cling to Steam and treat GOG as an afterthought.  I feel like a lot of the hate other clients get is simply because people are too lazy to install another client on their computer and are trying to justify it.

I've had a few of the major cilents installed and GoG galaxy is the only other one that wasn't a piece of shit. Uplay is eternally plagued with server issues. I've been kicked off my single player Rayman Origins whenever their servers take a shit. I remember the same thing happening when I was playing Far Cry 3. I haven't tried Origin again since it stopped being spyware. 

GoG would be more of a major competitor if it had new releases more often on the platform.  Yes, a lot of it has to do with people wanting their games all in one place. It's a big reason why I mostly stick to Steam. 

4 hours ago, Hecatom said:

The problem was that the PS3 came with wifi integrated unlike the 360, an a lot of people played in wifi because of that.

It was more than that. Sony's online setup was objectively worse. Downloading the same demo on PS3 took longer than it did on 360. In addition, once the demo downloaded you could play right away on 360 and you had to wait for it to install on PS3. I moved a lot for work at the time. I worked on construction sites and had to move often (6 times in 5 years). This is something can verify being the case in Virginia, Maryland, South Carolina and Louisiana. That was with two different ISPs in VA. One of which was fiber, for some some reason middle of nowhere bumfuck 'did I step into 1950s' western Virginia had  a fiber optic ISP that had upload speeds that smoked the download speeds of any IPs at the time. It wasn't just resigned to online downloads. Games like SF4 in which I could play friends that I knew were hooked up via LAN cable had a worse online experience than 360. I literally had a friend in the UK that I could play in a lounge on 360 and have better experiences than I could with friends on PS3 in the US in the same state, and from the various stats I mentioned earlier to VA.

Side note: A lot of this got better on PS4 but the download speeds remained faster on Xbox. IIRC this one of the reason Sony is using MS servers now. MS just had more and faster servers.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
15 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I've had a few of the major cilents installed and GoG galaxy is the only other one that wasn't a piece of shit. Uplay is eternally plagued with server issues. I've been kicked off my single player Rayman Origins whenever their servers take a shit. I remember the same thing happening when I was playing Far Cry 3. I haven't tried Origin again since it stopped being spyware. 

GoG would be more of a major competitor if it had new releases more often on the platform.  Yes, a lot of it has to do with people wanting their games all in one place. It's a big reason why I mostly stick to Steam. 

I have had 0 issues with any of the other launchers tbh, but everyone's experience is different I guess.

If convenience for launching games is so important, then honestly everyone should just be using GOG Galaxy.  There's no reason not to use it.  It can manage games on every platform, and has built-in messaging.  You can buy games on any platform you want, and then run them all from one launcher.  Yet somehow people don't use it...why?

I'm not talking about you specifically, but I'm tired of people crying about how Epic is buying exclusives, or how other clients don't have Steam trading card support, when in reality all they REALLY want to say is "I've been using Steam and I'm too fucking lazy to try anything else." 

Not only that, but when a legitimately good client comes around that can do most of the important things (GOG), they don't want to touch it.

Here is my GOG client:

Yu9BqvW.jpg

I have 1036 games over 5 different platforms.  Some of these games are literally not available or playable through Steam.  Using GOG I can buy from any platform I want and take advantage of sales/special promos/offers on all platforms.  I can launch/install/manage all of them from within GOG.   If I want to talk to people GOG has a friends list and messaging client.  For a large number of people this is the only solution they will need...but because it's not Steam it will forever be ignored.

I'm old enough to remember when HL2 launched and Steam was the enemy.  Digital distribution and DRM was going to lock down the PC gaming market and ruin everything.  Now it's 2021 and people are sucking Steam's dick and begging to have a single storefront monopolize everything.

Gamers are lazy and shortsighted.

I have little problems with UPlay myself.

My father however had nothing but problems with it, from deleted savefiles, to lost accounts to getting kicked out of singleplayer games.

Origions was a shit launcher, it is still shit to this day.

But hey, both Ubisoft and EA put their games on Steam again, so there is that...... I'm not going to buy the games again tho, even with me loving Settlers

Yeah GOG Galaxy is great. I also hate the "Steam had years to get where it is" argument. It's a poor one. When you are first you can get way taking time to build up your product. However when you are launching against a competitor that you A) Know What They Offer and B) Have A Huge Financial Backing, you should not release a half baked POS storefront. I mean fucking Origin launched in far better state. There is zero and I mean zero reason for any storefront to launch without a fucking shopping cart. Even Nintendo isn't that inept.

03/2021 Fighting Game Snapshot for Steam (Top 30)

https://i.redd.it/4vu0p68ccjs61.png

4vu0p68ccjs61.png

It seems some people think Rivals of Aether > Brawlhalla. But being free helps, and...

"And cross play, and multiple game modes including FFA, 2v2 and rotating "fun" modes like soccer or King of the hill.

Then the number of players means you can more easily find players of all skill levels.

Mechanically it's got things to learn and has an active defence due to dodging out of combos. Easy to be a player who can't find a main since the weapon system means you have a leg up on learning new characters if you know one or both weapons. Also makes for rewarding learning of new matchups not being from scratch.

It has more going for it than just being free and I'm a little confused where the hate comes from (except smash players, the gravity is so different that it's understandable they cannot cope - like 2d to 3d difference)"

The only one not up there is Power Rangers.

Edited by AriesWarlock

8 hours ago, Volt said:

Except for the Laura gif and the Jill Sandwich, Bee can nuke the last two pages and nothing of value will be lost.

Stop being baited by console players tryna pick a fight for shits and giggles.

What do you mean he cannot back it up?

What do you mean he's only spouting around empty words?
What do you mean there is nothing to back him up?

Where are Numbers Mason, what do they mean.

9 hours ago, Volt said:

Bill Murray Applause GIF by MOODMAN

I really don't get why people care about what other people play on.

You play on a super computer? Neat. 

You play on a toaster? Nice.

You play on a console? Cool. 

It's a bummer when I can't really play with people here because of the platforms we use, but I ain't mad at them. We should, as consumers, be relaying to the companies that we're purchasing stuff from that we consider cross-play a priority. 

I understand that crossplay comes with it's own set of hurdles, and can be really hard to achieve for smaller devel- hold on...*checks notes* Battle for the Grid has crossplay??? Over 5 Platforms?!?!?

Ok, yeah, everything should be crossplay

Edited by KingTubb

The guy made a documentary about MK Theme like a year ago

Then he finally made an interview with the guy this april 

but people in the comment section  claiming it was her brother in law that scream that, yet still no response and what will happen

https://slate.com/culture/2021/04/mortal-kombat-movie-theme-immortals-techno-syndrome-interview.html

Edited by Shakunetsu
9 hours ago, Volt said:

Except for the Laura gif and the Jill Sandwich, Bee can nuke the last two pages and nothing of value will be lost.

Nobody's picking fights. I used to be a primarily PC player, but I just find it funny all the excuses folks have to not play games and to explain away some of the shitty aspects of the platform is all  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Edited by DoctaMario

😞

http://segabits.com/blog/2021/04/11/sega-of-america-producer-and-designer-michael-latham-best-known-for-eternal-champions-passes-away/?fbclid=IwAR2dzyBuS_b4-cO3gsyTpqGEaF2Uei0IHOZ29_awvss2fqJSOTh45GhDG8g

Back in 2017 we wrote about how Michael Latham was working on resurrecting Eternal Champions with a spiritual successor titled Eternal Successor; which never came to fruition but looked pretty awesome.

http://segabits.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/adam-starcaster-highresscreenshot00203-750x411.jpg

Edited by Shakunetsu

https://www.facebook.com/originalMKstar/posts/302881914531027

I am obligated to address some concerns that fans have brought to my attention in recent weeks. There has been comments on Twitter pretending to be people who know the real truth about the creation of the MK franchise. These Twitter users who refer to stories that I’ve shared in many occasions as “alternative facts” or “BS”. The reality is that these stories are not just shared by me in interviews but fellow cast members and crew that can corroborate to many of these moments during the making of the game but unfortunately I am being targeted since this is another attempt to smear my name from the franchise’s history. I will continue to share the truth. The stories and experiences that I lived first hand and will continue to do so, not as an attack to others, but to talk about the real experiences of being part of the creation of the game. I appreciate all of the fans that have reached out with these concerns and I thank you for your constant support. I cannot wait to see you all again in conventions around the world. FIGHT!

-Master Pesina

Any idea what alternative fact and BS they were talking about? thanks

2 hours ago, KingTubb said:

It's a bummer when I can't really play with people here because of the platforms we use, but I ain't mad at them. We should, as consumers, be relaying to the companies that we're purchasing stuff from that we consider cross-play a priority. 

Preach brother!

GOAT FG Company ArcSys finna bring Crossplay to Strive and none of y'all will be able to escape me opening this can of ass-whoopin over the entire world like it's the Pandora's Box. 🙌