Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

2 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

here has been comments on Twitter pretending to be people who know the real truth about the creation of the MK franchise. These Twitter users who refer to stories that I’ve shared in many occasions as “alternative facts” or “BS”.

Probably something to do with John Tobias talking about how characters were chosen to survive or die between MK sequels. He had a serious of tweets explaining the thought processes, along with technical limitations, that lead to their decisions.

27 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Probably something to do with John Tobias talking about how characters were chosen to survive or die between MK sequels. He had a serious of tweets explaining the thought processes, along with technical limitations, that lead to their decisions.

I read this real quick and read the bolded section as "John Travolta" . And now I really want that to be true. 

3 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

😞

http://segabits.com/blog/2021/04/11/sega-of-america-producer-and-designer-michael-latham-best-known-for-eternal-champions-passes-away/?fbclid=IwAR2dzyBuS_b4-cO3gsyTpqGEaF2Uei0IHOZ29_awvss2fqJSOTh45GhDG8g

Back in 2017 we wrote about how Michael Latham was working on resurrecting Eternal Champions with a spiritual successor titled Eternal Successor; which never came to fruition but looked pretty awesome.

http://segabits.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/adam-starcaster-highresscreenshot00203-750x411.jpg

That's unfortunate. Sega really led the work in innovation at the time, which the games were always looked over. 

Imagine having obscure games as your most favorite in that regard and having to form an effort to have interest in other fighting games outside of them? 

It's unfortunate to be me on this subject, but at least Virtua Fighter hasn't been forgotten.

56 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Ops I thought it was just random people calling him out, quite a surprise it was between him and John.

Thought some of y'all might wanna see this. 

We were talking about Strives bare bones tutorial last week, and I think this video shows how too much information can be a bad thing. 

She spends an hour just trying to wrap her head around the tutorial with two veteran fighting game players, and the first match she pretty much only sweeps and says "moving is a challenge" 

She didn't need an hour in the tutorial and training mode.  They should of just told her the buttons (or at least the ones she NEEDS to know) and let her figure it out by playing against a low level CPU for an hour. 

Yeah thats a funny topic.

New Player to a FG: What the hell is happening I have no clue whats going on, I cannot follow this, this makes no sense.

SF Player enters anime: What the hell is happening I have no clue whats going on, I cannot follow this, this makes no sense.

Anime player enters 3D: What the hell is happening I have no clue whats going on, I cannot follow this, this makes no sense.

3D Player enters 2D: What the hell is happening I have no clue whats going on, I cannot follow this, this makes no sense.

Someone plays a Moba for the first time: What the hell is happening I have no clue whats going on, I cannot follow this, this makes no sense.

Me entering the shop for a lateshift: What the hell is happening I have no clue whats going on, I cannot follow this, this makes no sense.

6 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

😞

http://segabits.com/blog/2021/04/11/sega-of-america-producer-and-designer-michael-latham-best-known-for-eternal-champions-passes-away/?fbclid=IwAR2dzyBuS_b4-cO3gsyTpqGEaF2Uei0IHOZ29_awvss2fqJSOTh45GhDG8g

Back in 2017 we wrote about how Michael Latham was working on resurrecting Eternal Champions with a spiritual successor titled Eternal Successor; which never came to fruition but looked pretty awesome.

http://segabits.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/adam-starcaster-highresscreenshot00203-750x411.jpg

This is sad. I remember he came to SRK to post those renders and gauge interest in a new Eternal Champions. He didn’t own the IP (Sega did) but he was hoping to get them to agree to a new game (if I recall correctly).

I loved EC and responded, and was very hopeful, but with the lack of updates, I figured he didn’t get the green light.

I’m not sad about that (I figured it wasn’t going to happen) but that was one of my favourite games growing up, so it’s sad to know. Hope his last days were good.

4 hours ago, KingTubb said:

We were talking about Strives bare bones tutorial last week, and I think this video shows how too much information can be a bad thing. 

I just need to remind you of Blazblue's outrageous tutorials.

As a story goon, who actually likes a lot of those characters, I damn near dropped the whole game over that bullshit.

Just let that sink in.

I think ArcSys trying to trim the fat may not be a bad thing at all, but I haven't seen the Beta Tutorial.

I think a lot of it could be streamlined by having the button explanations disguised as a button check.

Something like "Before we begin, let's just make sure everything is set up properly, let's do a quick run down of your buttons." And then having a quick check for all basic moves like moving, jumping and all simple buttons before they move on to the actual explanations.

Because honestly, it feels insulting when I have fucking movement tutorials in FGs telling me extremely basic shit like how to move forwards or backwards. Skullgirls at least had the decency of tying the jump tutorial to avoiding projectiles.

Edited by Volt
Typo
9 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

https://www.facebook.com/originalMKstar/posts/302881914531027

I am obligated to address some concerns that fans have brought to my attention in recent weeks. There has been comments on Twitter pretending to be people who know the real truth about the creation of the MK franchise. These Twitter users who refer to stories that I’ve shared in many occasions as “alternative facts” or “BS”. The reality is that these stories are not just shared by me in interviews but fellow cast members and crew that can corroborate to many of these moments during the making of the game but unfortunately I am being targeted since this is another attempt to smear my name from the franchise’s history. I will continue to share the truth. The stories and experiences that I lived first hand and will continue to do so, not as an attack to others, but to talk about the real experiences of being part of the creation of the game. I appreciate all of the fans that have reached out with these concerns and I thank you for your constant support. I cannot wait to see you all again in conventions around the world. FIGHT!

-Master Pesina

Any idea what alternative fact and BS they were talking about? thanks

I'm guessing he's talking about John Tobias maybe? Tobias has been debunking a lot of stories about MK. According to him, several stories that get passed around as fact are not true. I'm inclined to be him. He doesn't work for NetherRealm so what does he have to gain at this point? Particularly, he says that Johnny not being in MK3 had nothing to do with the blow up with Pesina.  Tobias said that they head a limited memory available for the arcade boards. They had the ability to pull player data from arcade machines and would remove characters that were the least played. He says that's why Johnny was removed from MK3. It's the same reason he said Kano and Sonya weren't in MK2. Just check this Twitter thread.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm guessing he's talking about John Tobias maybe? Tobias has been debunking a lot of stories about MK. According to him, several stories that get passed around as fact are not true. I'm inclined to be him. He doesn't work for NetherRealm so what does he have to gain at this point? Particularly, he says that Johnny not being in MK3 had nothing to do with the blow up with Pesina.  Tobias said that they head a limited memory available for the arcade boards. They had the ability to pull player data from arcade machines and would remove characters that were the least played. He says that's why Johnny was removed from MK3. It's the same reason he said Kano and Sonya weren't in MK2. Just check this Twitter thread.

Yeah, and same reasons why Raiden and Baraka weren’t in MK3 either... Baraka surprised me. He was one of my favourites in MK2. Though granted,  he was like, my third favourite lol. Sub or Kitana usually got those quarters

Edited by Mattatsu

Lol, I was talking with my wife about wanting to exercise more but my knees are kinda fucked and I don’t want to go to the gym so I can use an elliptical machine during the pandemic and I certainly don’t want to buy one.

she sent me a link last night of a cardio video that’s safe for the knees and I finally looked at the thumbnail and laughed... yeah, this will definitely be a workout that won’t involve the knees 🤣

43 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

she sent me a link last night of a cardio video that’s safe for the knees

Scrubbed through it real quick and this workout looks brutal, so at least it's not just a "we know you ain't really working out" video.

That being said, she does make sure to have her booty always visible and always the center of the screen. 

What we have here is a hybrid.

Edit: @Voltshe's a redhead and I know you're always looking for a new, uh, "workout"

Edited by KingTubb
12 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

He says that's why Johnny was removed from MK3. It's the same reason he said Kano and Sonya weren't in MK2. Just check this Twitter thread.

Yeah the was monitoring the usage of characters was part of their job same does harada did in the early days of tekken, 

Initially thought is was related to people because of the current movie but it was john

I was surprised, they were supposed to be the one that are buds and out of netherealm. I seen some of the interview before. 

John even denied the existence of leaf guy that pessina mentioned in interview also on the sonya kiss. 

Capcom Explained How Its Internal Server Got Compromised

https://www.siliconera.com/capcom-explained-how-its-internal-server-got-compromised/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Capcom published a new update on the ransomware attack inflicted against its internal server in November 2020. It added more details on how the attack happened, as well as announced countermeasures taken to prevent another attack in the future.

The cyberattack route was traced back to an old VPN device that was kept for emergency backup. Although Capcom had shifted to newer VPN devices, an older unit was retained at the U.S. office in case the communications networks were to be overburdened by remote works due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

This old device turned out to be the exact entry point for the multi-faceted attack that culminated in ransomware infections on Capcom’s internal servers in both the U.S. and Japan on November 1, 2020. The device in question has since been completely disconnected and disposed of.

How Capcom internal server got compromised

In addition to reviewing the VPN devices, Capcom also enacted more technical and organizational measures to prevent similar attacks in the future. This includes the EDR (Endpoint Detection and Response) and SOC (Security Operation Center) services to detect unusual activities in external connections. The company also newly established the IT Security Oversight Committee and IT Surveillance Section that gather information related to cyber-security and give frequent recommendations to improve its protection standards.

Near the end of the press release, Capcom confirmed that the cybercriminal group left a contact message on infected devices for negotiations. However, the company had no intention to negotiate with the group. Capcom also claimed that it was not aware of any ransom demands, as the message did not include such a mention. This ransomware attack resulted in a leak of information on games under development by Capcom, as well as personal data from more than 15,000 people.

46 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Capcom Explained How Its Internal Server Got Compromised

https://www.siliconera.com/capcom-explained-how-its-internal-server-got-compromised/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Capcom published a new update on the ransomware attack inflicted against its internal server in November 2020. It added more details on how the attack happened, as well as announced countermeasures taken to prevent another attack in the future.

The cyberattack route was traced back to an old VPN device that was kept for emergency backup. Although Capcom had shifted to newer VPN devices, an older unit was retained at the U.S. office in case the communications networks were to be overburdened by remote works due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

This old device turned out to be the exact entry point for the multi-faceted attack that culminated in ransomware infections on Capcom’s internal servers in both the U.S. and Japan on November 1, 2020. The device in question has since been completely disconnected and disposed of.

How Capcom internal server got compromised

In addition to reviewing the VPN devices, Capcom also enacted more technical and organizational measures to prevent similar attacks in the future. This includes the EDR (Endpoint Detection and Response) and SOC (Security Operation Center) services to detect unusual activities in external connections. The company also newly established the IT Security Oversight Committee and IT Surveillance Section that gather information related to cyber-security and give frequent recommendations to improve its protection standards.

Near the end of the press release, Capcom confirmed that the cybercriminal group left a contact message on infected devices for negotiations. However, the company had no intention to negotiate with the group. Capcom also claimed that it was not aware of any ransom demands, as the message did not include such a mention. This ransomware attack resulted in a leak of information on games under development by Capcom, as well as personal data from more than 15,000 people.

Fucking Russians know I only AA with jab and lose anyway.

4 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Yeah the was monitoring the usage of characters was part of their job same does harada did in the early days of tekken, 

Initially thought is was related to people because of the current movie but it was john

I was surprised, they were supposed to be the one that are buds and out of netherealm. I seen some of the interview before. 

John even denied the existence of leaf guy that pessina mentioned in interview also on the sonya kiss. 

Regarding this Pesina deal. I used to follow the MK community heavily and I always got the sense that Pesina made up (or exaggerated)  some details, and blamed other people for some things (like why he wasn’t in MK3).

I don’t think Tobias has responded to Pesina directly, but a lot of people seem to ask Tobias if something Pesina said was true, and Tobias seems a bit more honest with his answers, and I don’t think Pesina likes that... that’s how I see it anyway

Just now, Mattatsu said:

I don’t think Tobias has responded to Pesina directly, but a lot of people seem to ask Tobias if something Pesina said was true, and Tobias seems a bit more honest with his answers, and I don’t think Pesina likes that... that’s how I see it anyway

At first I thought it could some smear thing because cage wasn't in the film and it was from NRS, but coming from john kinda makes it believable because it's not NRS thing. I don't believe that the point were 100% true but there is likely a huge exaggeration on pessina part. I'm also surprised that Ed boon doesn't give a statement but him ignoring the issue is better.

Edited by Shakunetsu
35 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

At first I thought it could some smear thing because cage wasn't in the film and it was from NRS, but coming from john kinda makes it believable because it's not NRS thing. I don't believe that the point were 100% true but there is likely a huge exaggeration on pessina part. I'm also surprised that Ed boon doesn't give a statement but him ignoring the issue is better.

Well, I think Daniel’s brother, Carlos Pesino is a still very high up in NRS (I think he’s the battle or animation director or something) so Ed may not want to pick sides.

9 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Combos are too long in that game. A lot of the design choices are cool. Just can't jive with a game thats designed with Looonh Tod's in mind. If I get lit up, I get lit. Just wrap that ish up quick. 

Not trying to sit here and watch all that.

That’s the thing. Some infinites are (or were anyway) comprised of like three attacks repeated forever, but the damage scaling was so hard, you’d be in the loop; losing your health at a slow rate of 1% damage every three seconds.

Heya guys. 

Sorry I've been away for a hot minute. I have a video set up. 

The video is actually assorted matches from KOFXIV that I *didn't* upload initially but saved on a drive. 

In addition, the video also features a specific Street Fighter V: CE match against a cheeky Dan player. 

This may not be the highest quality video but it should still provide at least some semblance of entertainment. This should also give the viewer a good idea of what the channel is really about. 

And... @Phantom_Miria. If you interested in some saucy Cammy material, I am absolutely sure you will have your fill here between the KOF matches. 

And, to others. Pay attention to the third character of each team I fight against.  

Just now, Mattatsu said:

Well, I think Daniel’s brother, Carlos Pesino is a still very high up in NRS (I think he’s the battle or animation director or something) so Ed may not want to pick sides.

Wow I thought the first batch were entirely gone because of lawsuit, So he was the Raiden that returned in MK3. I wasn't following the MK scene. that's a smart move for ED.

I do believe pessina's influence on the oriental theme of MK and also some moves in the choreography because of the video in the making, but the rest kinda doubtful and his take is kinda prone to exaggeration. It's either boon, leaf guy or carlos to clear this out. I was looking on Carlos account but he seems not active on twitter.

im kinda just surprised i was expecting the two to be good pals

On other news people had issue whos the guy screaming Mortal Kombat in the OG theme song. That the guy who claims to be isn't the right guy.