Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

Don't wanna comment too much on it considering there are very few people that can talk at major length about specific tributes to Marvel in games here... But as a super mega fan of both DB and Marvel, I can assure you that there are even more minor references to characters in DBFZ than even those videos discuss.

ASW are the Gods of referential media. I don't know if I'd want them making a Marvel fighter... But to be honest I don't even want a Marvel fighter any more. I just know that I can trust them to make good on references to an even higher degree than even the most in-depth analysis channels can reveal...

The first game I ever played was Sonic the Hedgehog (1991), but the first game I ever owned was:

Amazon.com: Teen Titans: Artist Not Provided: Video Games

This was so sick. I'll paste a couple more games here.

Spoiler

470053.jpg

Spider-Man 3 (S) ROM - Gameboy Advance (GBA) | Emulator.Games

Spider-Man - Return of the Sinister Six ROM Download for NES

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003) Game Boy Advance box cover art -  MobyGames

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 Battle Nexus - Game Boy Advance for sale  online | eBay

TMNT (Game Boy Advance) CARTRIDGE ONLY - Pre-Owned - Walmart.com -  Walmart.com

Batman: Vengeance - Nintendo Gameboy Advance GBA (Refurbished) -  Walmart.com - Walmart.com

I never even gave it a single thought before... But that first console I owned (GBA) shaped my entire life. It's incredible to think about. I don't even like platformers, but so much of what I love was rooted in that to begin with. I've gotten older, but even so I've remained a child. It's so remarkable. I'm sure the developers didn't know that they'd change a life when they were making these games. I'm super grateful.

Edited by Dayaan

Y’all talking big trash on NRS like the last Marvel game wasn’t garbage ass Infinite lol. That being said, they wouldn’t be my first choice for a Marvel fighter. I would want something a bit more flashy than an Injustice reskin.

@DayaanUltimate Alliance 1 and 2 were fucking amazing. Not sure what happened to the series...everyone I know who played these games loved them. 

Spider-Man had a couple solo gems as well. Web of Shadows was great, but this was one of the first video games I was really into as a kid. 

image.jpeg.38ed922972bbfb6ebd46102e75405289.jpeg

This game was fire even without a memory card.

Back when the name “Activision” didn’t remind you of skid marks on paper. 

Edited by Vhozite
2 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Reading those nerfs to air mobility makes it seem like Millia is going to get fucked.

all they needed to do was buff AA buttons and make it so you cant air block AAs... Dayaan’s going to love this shit

That's not the worst Millia nerf.

Remember those coast to coast combos she had? All with one button? Yeah, you can scratch em off right now. 🤣

Just now, Vhozite said:

Y’all talking big trash on NRS like the last Marvel game wasn’t garbage ass Infinite lol. That being said, they wouldn’t be my first choice for a Marvel fighter. I would want something a bit more flashy than an Injustice reskin.

@DayaanUltimate Alliance 1 and 2 were fucking amazing. Not sure what happened to the series...everyone I know who played these games loved them. 

Spider-Man had a couple solo gems as well. Web of Shadows was great, but this was one of the first video games I was really into as a kid. 

BIG facts.

Game got more ports than RE4 too, whatever you had probably had it and it's still a fun game. 

5 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

That game ruled, and the helicopter chase music track still slaps to this day.

If you guys are curious about what changes may come in the next beta, you can check out these compilations of gameplay from the loketest they had this weekend.

Really makes me feel like I’m watching old tournaments with the camera angles some of these have. As for changes, this is what I can gleam. May be wrong though.

Spoiler

General

• Matches look to be 3 out of 5 instead of 2 out of 3, though that could just the settings for arcade.

•  Meter gain seems to be improved overall

•  6P has been improved for everyone in regards to anti-airing.

•  A new visual for ending the round with an overdrive. It will have the characters surrounded by an orange sky. The only exception so far is Nagoriyuki’s Wasureyuki.

Nagoriyuki

+    Bloodsucking universe (his command grab) deals more damage and drains the blood gage even more. To be specific, it deals a little more damage than a regular throw now and it drained two and a half bars of his blood gage right after it landed.

+    His dash special raises the blood gage less than before.

+    His 2H seems to be faster.

+    His attacks seem faster in Berserk state.

+    Berserk state is much shorter, lasted about five seconds in-game.

-     However it seems that it drains  his health more than it did in the last beta.

-     In a juggle, you can only use 5K twice before it pushes the opponent away.

Ramlethal 

-   Repeating Darou in a juggle will not make the opponent pop up as high as before. 

-    S sword toss is is now thrown higher. It will no longer hit grounded opponents.

-   Sword toss in corner will now wall bounce instead of wall stick. That means Ramlethal will have to come in to continue the combo and that she may have lost her burst safe combos.

-   5H has more recovery.

+   Her swords recover faster when you don’t pick them up. 

Leo

-   Hitting with the cross up special no longer gets Leo a free combo. He may have to use meter in order to do so.

•   However he seems to be able to dash in and still get a mixup if he hits with it. And it is still safe on block.

May

+  Volleyball seems to be faster all around.

Potemkin

-   More recovery was added to 5P and 2P. You can no longer rapid fire his jabs.

Faust

+   Bugle now takes longer to fall and lands closer to him, which should allow him to get it easier.

Zato-1

+   Frog special is now an anti-air.

Edited by BornWinner
4 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Ultimate Alliance got a Switch Exclusive sequel a couple of years back

With all the DLC they added it's probably the best Marvel roster in any game and from the gameplay I've seen it looks pretty great. Can't tell cause I don't have a Switch tho.

My one major gripe is the lack of alternate costumes. MUA 1 and 2 had 4 costumes per character, but this one has some alteranate colors and that's it.

Edited by Dracu
18 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Falke really wons over Rose? I find that hard to believe. 

Falke is awful for Rose. Prone shot can be done on reaction to any kind of projectile Rose might attempt to summon and with the exception of fireball they all disappear when gets hit. Midrange she can pester with HP/MK into standing shot form a range that Rose can only contest with HP, but hers is slower. And if for whatever reason both want to go ungabunga Falke has better tools to deal with it due to her AAs and having an actually invincible reversal. It's just as bad as Cammy or Rashid IMO, just from half a screen further away.

His chart actually lines up with my experience for the most part. I do think she beats Laura though, at least until the 50:50s start. On the other hand I think Juri is a slight disadvantage just for how easily she can bypass projectiles and convert into knockdowns.

Also, hi.

Falke can do a lot of what Rose does with more ease. 

Long normals, fireball release is plus afaik,great anti airs,v-skill 1 nullifies fireballs  and you actually have to respect her on wakeup because her DP. 

Rose may have more tricky stuff with her teleport and soul punish thing but it requires more setup.

2 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Only 4 winning matchups? Idk about that

Makes sense when you consider a few things: there are a lot more anti fireball tools early in the match ups (through EX nonsense) and that she can't just backdash away from everything like she did in SF4. Seriously, Luffy won half of his match ups just backdashing.

Rose's backdash in SF4 was good to the point of being scrubby.

Edit: should also add that a match up list for right now is just an order list of how to go about labbing stuff. No way to tell how good or bad any of those match ups are after a week.

Edited by Sonero
10 hours ago, BornWinner said:

If you guys are curious about what changes may come in the next beta, you can check out these compilations of gameplay from the loketest they had this weekend.

Really makes me feel like I’m watching old tournaments with the camera angles some of these have. As for changes, this is what I can gleam. May be wrong though.

Reveal hidden contents

General

• Matches look to be 3 out of 5 instead of 2 out of 3, though that could just the settings for arcade.

•  Meter gain seems to be improved overall

•  6P has been improved for everyone in regards to anti-airing.

•  A new visual for ending the round with an overdrive. It will have the characters surrounded by an orange sky. The only exception so far is Nagoriyuki’s Wasureyuki.

Nagoriyuki

+    Bloodsucking universe (his command grab) deals more damage and drains the blood gage even more. To be specific, it deals a little more damage than a regular throw now and it drained two and a half bars of his blood gage right after it landed.

+    His dash special raises the blood gage less than before.

+    His 2H seems to be faster.

+    His attacks seem faster in Berserk state.

+    Berserk state is much shorter, lasted about five seconds in-game.

-     However it seems that it drains  his health more than it did in the last beta.

-     In a juggle, you can only use 5K twice before it pushes the opponent away.

Ramlethal 

-   Repeating Darou in a juggle will not make the opponent pop up as high as before. 

-    S sword toss is is now thrown higher. It will no longer hit grounded opponents.

-   Sword toss in corner will now wall bounce instead of wall stick. That means Ramlethal will have to come in to continue the combo and that she may have lost her burst safe combos.

-   5H has more recovery.

+   Her swords recover faster when you don’t pick them up. 

Leo

-   Hitting with the cross up special no longer gets Leo a free combo. He may have to use meter in order to do so.

•   However he seems to be able to dash in and still get a mixup if he hits with it. And it is still safe on block.

May

+  Volleyball seems to be faster all around.

Potemkin

-   More recovery was added to 5P and 2P. You can no longer rapid fire his jabs.

Faust

+   Bugle now takes longer to fall and lands closer to him, which should allow him to get it easier.

Zato-1

+   Frog special is now an anti-air.

That was a great post fam, a thumbs up doesn't do it justice... So have several more. 🙃 👍

spacer.png