Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

46 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Well, we know this was coming.

We got our first full team after Team Fatal Fury. I think this is the first time they have been called Team Orochi, it used to be New Face.

Favorite parts are them remaking the old unique intros between the team at 0:50 and 1:02.

Gonna learn to put some respect on this little fuckers name when you get smacked up by his jCD 20 times per round.

spacer.png

Oh you gonna learn today

Edited by Joke

@SoneroThanks for the games, I felt a lot better about that set. I tried to implement some of your advice and push up whenever I got a knockdown, and I felt like I at least spent less time backed into the corner.

Beyond that I'm gonna work on holding onto the teleport once activated vs using it right away. I like using it too much to just toss it aside for TV2, even if I have about a 30% success rate with it. I'd rather just practice how to implement it better than give it up.

I'm sticking with teleport for the moment as well. It's just very versatile all-around and easy to use. Saw Sako do Soul Bind -> EX Soul Punish which is a straight 50:50 if you have teleport active and if it lands you can do it all over again. There should be a way to punish a V-Shift in that scenario as well, like slightly delaying the cross-up teleport to punish it. Haven't tried that though, just an idea.

3 hours ago, delete_me said:

There should be a way to punish a V-Shift in that scenario as well, like slightly delaying the cross-up teleport to punish it. Haven't tried that though, just an idea.

I don’t think punishing V-Shift is possible in that way. It’s invincible until the back dash ends. It’s been a while since I labbed this but if you put an active hitbox out to try and catch a the recovery of V-Shift they can block it even if you hit meaty. If Rose is anything like Nash she might be capable of punishing a bad V-Shift>Break with a teleport. 

57 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I don’t think punishing V-Shift is possible in that way. It’s invincible until the back dash ends. It’s been a while since I labbed this but if you put an active hitbox out to try and catch a the recovery of V-Shift they can block it even if you hit meaty. If Rose is anything like Nash she might be capable of punishing a bad V-Shift>Break with a teleport. 

I thought characters could be counterhit at the end of the V-Shift animation. Or maybe that's only when the slow motion isn't triggered?

I'll play around a bit with that setup when I'm home.

1 hour ago, delete_me said:

I thought characters could be counterhit at the end of the V-Shift animation. Or maybe that's only when the slow motion isn't triggered?

I'll play around a bit with that setup when I'm home.

That’s probably without the slowdown. I can double check tonight.

Nash gets auto timed meaty Moonsault after EX drain, and he recovers before the opponent if they V-Shift (with slow mo). If you hit a button they can always block it, but you can get extra frame advantage. 

There's definitely counter hit state when you exit a no-slowdown V-shift.  It's a small window to land it though, you might actually need to have a hurtbox active on the frame they come out of invulnerability.  In some set-ups, you can use Alex's s.hk on react to V-shift start-up and the timing to catch them just works out perfectly.

I'm not sure about the situation when slowdown is triggered though.

2 minutes ago, Reticently said:

There's definitely counter hit state when you exit a no-slowdown V-shift.  It's a small window to land it though, you might actually need to have a hurtbox active on the frame they come out of invulnerability.  In some set-ups, you can use Alex's s.hk on react to V-shift start-up and the timing to catch them just works out perfectly.

I'm not sure about the situation when slowdown is triggered though.

With triggered slowdown they are 100% invincible, and if they v-break that’s invincible too. However, you can punish that attack with invincible attacks, parries, teleports, etc. 

13 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Idk anything about crypto-currency but this NFT stuff just seems like a way to launder money

It's still art.

You know people will find ways to steal and fake that shit (They're already trying 🤣) and inevitably, people will use it to launder copious amounts of money.

On 4/28/2021 at 2:29 PM, Sonero said:

Ryu can sweep her cr.mk for free.  I nailed DarcRequiem a few times. Haven't checked to see if she has other normals that whiff punishable.  Her cr.hp anti air is out of control. Hard to cross it up at times.

Seems like she has a terrible match up against Cammy the moment she gets one EX bar though.

Not sure if it's because I'm still learning or not, but Ryu feels like hell. I loved fighting Ryu in SF4. Now? It's entirely different. Mostly because she can no longer reflect.

Cammy match-up is balls. Rashid is balls. Bison is balls. Balrog is balls. Karin is super duper blue balls. I gotta grind those match-ups out more.

10 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Not sure if it's because I'm still learning or not, but Ryu feels like hell. I loved fighting Ryu in SF4. Now? It's entirely different. Mostly because she can no longer reflect.

Cammy match-up is balls. Rashid is balls. Bison is balls. Balrog is balls. Karin is super duper blue balls. I gotta grind those match-ups out more.

I dont know if Ryu should he super balls. Gotta stop being a cuck and just go full time Ryu. Having way more fun with Ryu than doing ninja stuff. Parries turn the match up sideways. You don't want to throw projectiles he can Parry. Otherwise all your doing is roiding Ryu up. If Ryu gets 2 VT2s in a round, odds are your lifeboat is gonna be meltier than 7-11 cheese.

One thing about the Ryu match up (and I as asleep at the wheel doing this against Yiceman yesterday), is that he can do reversal lk tatsu against any drill that you cancel into from normals. On the other hand, if you space it properly, tatsu will whiff in front of you and you get a punish.

Squiggas are dumb when it comes to stuff like that though.

Gentlemen I have come to say the double S word.

No Cipher don't do it, don't say the double S Word.

STEAM SALES!!!

It is Golden Week Sale Ladys and Gentlemen what do we have to offer this golden week? 

Everything coming from Japan!

Before we go into FGs, please let us start with something else.

This is Yakuza 0 for 5€.

No you did not missread it is Yakuza 0 for only 5€ it is a steal, then this game is a masterpiece in every shape and form. Buy it love it like it!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/638970/Yakuza_0/

Oh yeah the rest of the Yakuza Franchise is also on sale. Get them, they're great games, I just spend 3 hours playing Clan Battles in Yakuza 6 and all I wanted to do was main story. Well not today.

But ladys and gentlemen, I am not done. Here are some Fighting Games for everyone.

Lets start with Rollback madnes, then this game got the best Rollback out there and it only costs you 3€ 

Yes only 3€, thats as much as a coffee from starbucks.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/348550/GUILTY_GEAR_XX_ACCENT_CORE_PLUS_R/

While we talk about Guilty Gear, Revelator is also on sale.

How much you ask? Well for only 11€ you get the full package, the soundtrack alone is worth it, I promise.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/520440/GUILTY_GEAR_Xrd_REVELATOR/

Alright next up we have another great game for the price of only 7,40€

What might it be? Well just my favorite FG, of course BB CF
I don't care that it has delay Netcode, I can play Mattatsu and Volt in it, that means it is great. Buy it for the Waifus if not for the gameplay!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/586140/BlazBlue_Centralfiction/

Next we have Tekken 7.

Everyone knows Tekken, it's the game with the Karate Men throwing each other off of cliffs.

Hm? What do you mean it's about Devils, Demons and Daddy Issues nowadays?

Ah anyway, Tekken 7 is right now 6€ or 18€ for the ULTIMATE!!!! Edition.

Punch, Kick, something something Leroy Parry.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/389730/TEKKEN_7/

Also not FG's but if anyone is interested both Valkyria Chronicles 1&4 are on sale and these games are great.

For only 7€ and 15€ (or 20€ if you buy the package) you can do nothing wrong here as they are great games.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/294860/Valkyria_Chronicles/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/790820/Valkyria_Chronicles_4_Complete_Edition/

Did I mention that Persona 4 Golden is on sale too?

Did I mention that Yakuza is on sale, all of them. Yeah buy Yakuza games, they're absolutly great. Especially 0.

20 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Well, we know this was coming.

We got our first full team after Team Fatal Fury. I think this is the first time they have been called Team Orochi, it used to be New Face.

Favorite parts are them remaking the old unique intros between the team at 0:50 and 1:02.

My first reaction upon seeing the thumbnail was to think "Oh, that girl looks cute".

My second reaction was to check her name.

"Chris"

Mind immediately goes to an image of Chris Redfield.

Damn you Japan and your androgynous pretty boys.

38 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

My first reaction upon seeing the thumbnail was to think "Oh, that girl looks cute".

My second reaction was to check her name.

"Chris"

Mind immediately goes to an image of Chris Redfield.

Damn you Japan and your androgynous pretty boys.

Just admit you like Chris. Nobody will judge you here 🙂

Someone trying but it's not gonna happen when they are already tied with a different company

It's too late they should tried this in 2018 

https://www.change.org/p/capcom-update-mvci?utm_content=cl_sharecopy_28633112_en-GB%3A4&recruiter=540815192&recruited_by_id=3dcabf30-1934-11e6-86c8-ed576c961147&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_initial&utm_term=psf_combo_share_initial

Here in PH were still having problems with vaccines that it suddenly tied in with island and sea issues lol

Is it not possible to throw forward dashes? Every time I try I get CH without fail even though I can jab them just fine no matter who I’m fighting. 

For Christ sake you were touching my model already when you dashed and i still got CH.

The only character I can ever throw is Bison.

Edited by Vhozite