Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

38 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

I would’ve been so pissed

Shit like this is the worst. When stuff like this happens to me I get caught up on it and end up losing even if the match was winnable. Like he was still capable of winning but you could tell by his body language that he was out of the game mentally (and I don’t blame him). I would’ve turned off my game after that.

Shame too because that Tatsu was a very nice hard callout on Vega teching.

Edited by Vhozite
32 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

I would’ve been so pissed

That's basically what' its like playing Ryu.

Just played a bunch of games against a random Bison. I can't throw hadoukens at him because he can just swallow them and then throw a better projectile at me. Scissors are safe, he can backdash away from most normals after scissors.

This is ridiculous.

13 minutes ago, Sonero said:

That's basically what' its like playing Ryu.

Just played a bunch of games against a random Bison. I can't throw hadoukens at him because he can just swallow them and then throw a better projectile at me. Scissors are safe, he can backdash away from most normals after scissors.

This is ridiculous.

Everything Bison does is silly.  He can at any moment spend a bar to be instantly in your face and plus.  Can't zone him, can't play neutral, just have to try and rush him down before he does it to you.  Great character design Capcom!

20 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Everything Bison does is silly.

Ryu has this range against a lot of characters where fireballs are at their best. Usually its going to be just outside their longest normal. Problem with Bison though, is that most blocked hadoukens are going to turn into a reversal scissor kick. So you can't really bother throwing a lot of hadoukens at range against him.

Or maybe you can. I'd have to go to training mode and figure out just wtf.

On the plus side, looks like if Ryu actives the slow down on v-shift, he might be able to parry the attack on reaction to punish it.

Since SFV is on sale for $8 I wanted to try to get it running on my PC. For whatever reason, this time I was able to get it up and running at 60 with minimal fuss. So that is neat. Would still need to buy the CE upgrade to really be able to play but at least the base client is cooperating now. Also it is kinda funny seeing so many goddamn shopping carts during stage/char select.

One question to any PC players here: does anyone use a PS4 stick to play on PC? I'm running into a tiny bit of configuration jank that I was wondering if there is a legit work around for, or if I'll just have to live with it. 

36 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

One question to any PC players here: does anyone use a PS4 stick to play on PC? I'm running into a tiny bit of configuration jank that I was wondering if there is a legit work around for, or if I'll just have to live with it.

So I'm not using a PS4 peripheral on PC currently, but what's your specific trouble?  I think Steam has been supposed to work with PS4 controllers automagically for several years now.

50 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

Since SFV is on sale for $8 I wanted to try to get it running on my PC. For whatever reason, this time I was able to get it up and running at 60 with minimal fuss. So that is neat. Would still need to buy the CE upgrade to really be able to play but at least the base client is cooperating now. Also it is kinda funny seeing so many goddamn shopping carts during stage/char select.

I can use a DS4 and I currently use a PS4 stick for all games on Steam. You'll be fine. Have fun ~

58 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

Are you using the obsidian hitbox? There’s a switch to set it for PC. I havent used it on PC for SFV but have for other FGs without issue. My PC is Windows 7 though

33 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

Odds are that you can fine tune it on Steam's big picture.

1 hour ago, GetTheTables said:

Yes? Unless it's a PS3 stick... when did MadCatz go under?? 

Really feeling my age this morning.

9 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

when did MadCatz go under?? 

This really sucks, I was looking for a Fightpad Pro, but it's pretty much impossible to find one here now.

Anyone know any good pads with an analog stick? Gonna have to invest in one for Strive since my standard cheap pad prices damn near doubled, so might as well buy a good one.

Thanks all. Just to clarify: the stick works just fine for the most part. Haven't had any issues with it in +R and the little bit I've tried in SFV, feels fine.

My issue is, again, little and dumb: I don't have a button that maps to "Enter" so once I get into training mode I don't have a way to bring up the menu without leaning over and hitting the keyboard like some kind of Neanderthal. 😉

Ran into the same thing with +R but that game lets you remap the "menu" button so I had an easy workaround. For SFV, not an option in-game. I think I can do it in the Steam controller config but then I noticed that the Share/Option buttons don't seem to work (PS4 or PC mode) so I can't use those as I'd like. Worse comes to worse I'll stick it on R3 or something like that. Just wanted to see if I was missing something. 

Edit: Also for the record it is an Obsidian.

Edited by GetTheTables
1 hour ago, Volt said:

This really sucks, I was looking for a Fightpad Pro, but it's pretty much impossible to find one here now.

Anyone know any good pads with an analog stick? Gonna have to invest in one for Strive since my standard cheap pad prices damn near doubled, so might as well buy a good one.

Learn to love D-PAD.  ❤️

8Bitdo M30

546384-8bitdo-m30.jpg?width=810&height=4

Retrobit Sega Saturn Pad

71voUWZvLgL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

8BitDo Pro 2

8Bitdo Pro 2 Bluetooth Controller for Switch, PC, macOS, Android, Steam & Raspberry Pi (Gray Edition) - Nintendo Switch

Just now, GetTheTables said:

Which discord 🙃

Thanks man, probably won't have time to mess with it until closer to the weekend but when it looks like I'll have time I'll let you know.

DMing doesn't require a channel.  🙃

bchan009#0242

3 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Yes? Unless it's a PS3 stick... when did MadCatz go under?? 

Really feeling my age this morning.

Every time someone brings up MadCatz I find myself having no attachment to their stick scene. I do have one really, really fond memory of my first gaming convention while I was a wee boy in the UAE. There was a glass case on a platform, and you had to climb solid gold stairs to get up there in your socks. In the case was this hyper-limited MadCatz mouse, and that's actually what made me want to get into PC gaming. It was the coolest thing I had ever seen. It looked like a spaceship and the shoulders of a bodybuilder wrapped in the finesse of a skater. What a fucking piece of hardware.

Juri: "... Ha... ha... ha..." 

Spoiler

WARNING: NSFW

Spoiler

Juri.png

Juri: "... Well, what are ya waiting for? P***y ain't gonna lick itself, y' know." 

Nonsensical jokes aside, video would not render for some odd reason. 

Meanwhile, I had a nice variety of matches today on SFV between both Rose and Cammy (there was a surprising amount of Gouki's at first though). 

I've also fought a Gill and a Sagat. For once. I might actually upload the Gill match. I think Rose v Gill is an interesting fight match up...

8 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

I need to play more games with you guys. I miss it... not sure what to play, or when I’ll be free next, but I need to reach out more

I hear ya man. This group is the only reason I've been fucking around with the PC version of SFV. If anything will get me to boot that up again it is the opportunity to play with people here.

You know I own pretty much everything so whenever you get time, hit me up. 

11 hours ago, Volt said:

Or, more realistically, the AoF team. Ryo and Robert, iirc?

Ralf and Clark seem like the only characters to reveal together (not because they're "lesser" or worse than any other character) but that's obviously not them. 

28 minutes ago, N-Tactix said:

Ralf and Clark seem like the only characters to reveal together (not because they're "lesser" or worse than any other character) but that's obviously not them. 

I'm guessing the AoF team because one of them got short spiky hair.

1 hour ago, Reticently said:

Double post, but there's a left/right mix-up meaty fireball Rose VT1 oki set-up making the rounds that some people here might find of use:

Didn't know the fireball was meaty enough to allow a link into st.HP. I've been doing that setup regularly but I always cross-up teleport and it has yet to fail. Will probably change in a couple of weeks but it's good to know there's a lot more to it than I was doing.

I also still firmly believe in VT1. I think VT2 is too easy to mess and blow your entire gauge for a little bit of chip damage.