Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

2 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

https://www.eventhubs.com/imagegallery/2021/may/04/pochoclo23s-rose-match-chart/1/

What do you Rose players think of this matchup chart?

Not a Rose main but....

I fail to see how Karin and Rashid can be even for Rose or in Rose's advantage ( Karin )  while Birdie is bad for her. 

I actually argue that Karin is one of Rose's worst matchups. You can't really keep Karin out as Rose , buttons too good and she walks you down eventually not to mention ex tenko ( ? ) goes through fireball.  And when Karin is in Rose's face.....yep.

Edited by Skort
11 minutes ago, Skort said:

Not a Rose main but....

I fail to see how Karin and Rashid can be even for Rose or in Rose's advantage ( Karin )  while Birdie is bad for her. 

I actually argue that Karin is one of Rose's worst matchups. You can't really keep Karin out as Rose , buttons too good and she walks you down eventually not to mention ex tenko ( ? ) goes through fireball.  And when Karin is in Rose's face.....yep.

I've played it from Karin's side and it feels hard.  It's similar to the Chun matchup where their buttons keep Karin out of her ideal range.   Ex tenko only works when the Rose is throwing full screen fireballs, when she's throwing from close range and cancelling from normals it's not useful.  

1 minute ago, HeavensCloud said:

when she's throwing from close range and cancelling from normals it's not useful.  

Actually the st.hp xx soul spark cancelable can get her killed. There is a gap between the cancel and the fireball hitting. For the lp projectile, Ryu can tatsu through it and punish her. Other ones stuff the tatsu. Which means that if have EX meter built up, you can probably bulldog your way in and then wait for a sloppy st.hp xx fireball cancel and just EX tenko punish all that.

I’ve just seen a few posts on Twitter saying that Cammy is carrying a lot of players. 

Anyone agree with this?

Cammy seems to be top 1 in a lot of people’s tier lists, but she’s also so straightforward. Maybe I just suck, but I don’t see anything too abusable with her. Yeah, her pokes and whiff punish game are pretty good, as is VT1, but is she really getting away with murder out there? In these low ranks I’m in, I have a lot harder time dealing with more random/gimmicky characters than Cammy 

edit: though I guess I can see that a high level with a smart player with solid fundamentals, that she may be really hard to deal with/beat.

edit 2: this came about because some random esport team released this statement, but I’ve seen a lot of people turn around and make (jokingly) statements like this but about Cammy, and some people (some of whom are decent players) in the comments seem to agree with it sincerely

Edited by Mattatsu
5 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Actually the st.hp xx soul spark cancelable can get her killed. There is a gap between the cancel and the fireball hitting. For the lp projectile, Ryu can tatsu through it and punish her. Other ones stuff the tatsu. Which means that if have EX meter built up, you can probably bulldog your way in and then wait for a sloppy st.hp xx fireball cancel and just EX tenko punish all that.

Good to know.  I'm having more trouble dealing with her normals than her fireballs though.  Just have to grind out the matchup more I guess. 

17 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

I’ve just seen a few posts on Twitter saying that Cammy is carrying a lot of players. 

Anyone agree with this?

SF5 stops you from dying to chip damage and gives you free dumb dumb buff states that grant you either crazy mix ups, crazy damage or both. SF5 is carrying a lot of players.

Any time you see somebody have 0 life, block a special and still live, SF5 tossed that fool a wheelchair.

Edit: Although to be fair, if you want to accuse people of getting carried, look at all the characters that are granted an extended amount of times with extra mix up tools as part of their v-triggers. If you're winning X portion of games off of getting a powered up state from losing that gives you disproportionately hard to deal with situations from getting your ass kicked, SF5 is tossing you all the helping hands possible.

Edited by Sonero
10 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Anyone agree with this?

Cammy seems to be top 1 in a lot of people’s tier lists, but she’s also so straightforward. Maybe I just suck, but I don’t see anything too abusable with her. Yeah, her pokes and whiff punish game are pretty good, as is VT1, but is she really getting away with murder out there? In these low ranks I’m in, I have a lot harder time dealing with more random/gimmicky characters than Cammy 

Nah, I wouldn't listen to it.  Cammy won both CPT events so far this year so there was bound to be an uproar.  She has one of the best well rounded toolkits in the bag, but I don't see anything blatantly OP with her.  

I'll say this for the hundred time  and @Doctrine_Dark can back this up: Cammy has been doing the same basic nonsense since season 1. She got one buff in the + frames to st.mp, then they took away the plus frames on cr.lp then they sort of changed v-triggers around to see if people stopped picking VT1.

Overall she's been beating people the same way she did all the way at the start of the game. She's hitting you with the same hit confirms, she's blowing up projectiles in the same way she did  at the start, she's had the same hit confirms and counterhit confirms etc. She's still doing the same meaties from season 1. No joke, you look up a video on how to play Cammy back from season 1, 99% of it will probably applies to season 5.

Accept what she is and deal with the match up.

1 minute ago, Mr.Cipher said:

You had no time last WE I assume? I was wondering if I had forgotten something, until I rememberd we wanted to play CF. 👀

Yeah, sorry man. I ended up fairly busy over the weekend. I had a lot of work to catch up on. Hopefully this weekend but idk, I still have a lot of work to catch up on. I’ll let you know one way or the other when I have a better idea

55 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Yes Cammy carries.  She has no fireballs to get nerfed, meta is very in your face which does half her job for her, limbs are stubby everywhere making her job even easier, I can't even tell you what her VT does cause she doesn't need it.

She has 3 special moves. 2 of them leave her hella negative and one is slightly negative more often than not.  She's been doing the same shimmy since Season 1.

Her issue is one of pure efficiency. Since she doesn't have a lot of special moves, spiral arrow was made to have guaranteed, reactable oki. But that's really where's she at. If you grind it, you can react to the wake up and still have a meaty. I'm not saying she isn't good, but I've seen more people stuck at low levels with her than rapidly climbing up the ranks.

If you're a great player, she goes up in tiers because she is great at doing good player things. Lower levels, odds are good you're gonna end up dying a lot from bad hit confirms.  If st.mk and anti airing with DPs is carrying people, then actually I don't have anything for that one.

1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

Also we were eating lunch today at work and one of my bosses was talking about interviewees. She said she hired me because “I walked in like I owned the place” and told one of the guys to help me on there new hire test lol. 

We also took shots of tequila today. It’s a pretty cool place so far.

No joke, I got one of my best jobs by making the interview panel laugh a lot.  A competent engineer who can also comedian is 🦄

53 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

The FGC is finally dead

By watching Panda's Smash players this is old news by at least 2 years. 😂

6 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Who could be our new reveal tonight? Lets see what Twitter has to say!

Long Post. Open at your own risk.

Hide contents

Reveal hidden contents

With the Yamazaki and Nelson examples, I can see how it could be one person.

No Geese? Smh.

3 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

Anyone agree with this?

edit: though I guess I can see that a high level with a smart player with solid fundamentals, that she may be really hard to deal with/beat.

edit 2: this came about because some random esport team released this statement, but I’ve seen a lot of people turn around and make (jokingly) statements like this but about Cammy, and some people (some of whom are decent players) in the comments seem to agree with it sincerely

Hard disagree.

Cammy is not a carry character because Cammy rewards and develops fundamentals. If you got strong footsies, you're gonna have a strong Cammy. Carry characters are VT Unga Bunga characters that can just overturn whole matches with Gorilla Tactics like Urine has been doing since SF3.

People saying this are just complete imbeciles. I have no sweeter words than that.

Doctrine can back me up on this. Matter of fact, as  Sonero said, she's been doing the same shit since S1. Therefore, our resident SFV Guide Writer, Cipher, can confirm that as well.

25 minutes ago, Volt said:

Hard disagree.

Cammy is not a carry character because Cammy rewards and develops fundamentals. If you got strong footsies, you're gonna have a strong Cammy. Carry characters are VT Unga Bunga characters that can just overturn whole matches with Gorilla Tactics like Urine has been doing since SF3.

Lol this is what I’m saying. What is Cammy carrying me with...good buttons? Basic meaties? If Cammy is carrying someone characters like Laura or Urien are carrying mfs from the womb to adulthood.

I don’t understand the playerbase of this game sometimes.The same people whining about one of the most basic characters in the game will stay silent when a character like Ibuki comes through and deletes an entire life bar in 2 guesses. 

1 minute ago, Vhozite said:

Lol this is what I’m saying. What is Cammy carrying me with...good buttons? Basic meaties? If Cammy is carrying someone characters like Laura or Urien are carrying mfs from the womb to adulthood.

I don’t understand the playerbase of this game sometimes.The same people whining about one of the most basic characters in the game will stay silent when a character like Ibuki comes through and deletes an entire life bar in 2 guesses. 

Cammy stuff don't make good Twitter clips.

Most people asking for her to get nerfed are Alex players.

2 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Also we were eating lunch today at work and one of my bosses was talking about interviewees. She said she hired me because “I walked in like I owned the place” and told one of the guys to help me on there new hire test lol. 

Nice. The only internship I ever had we were banned from receiving payment, but I somehow secured an exit interview with the CEO because I was their first intern and I did a good enough job that they actually fucking payed me and called my school to tell me to give me bonus points.

Interview attitude matters.

10 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Dan and Robert from King of Fighters confirmed for King of Fighters

They also just said fuck you to Yuri, huh?

Those parry or counter CDs or whatever look fucking nutty.

4 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

That will be absolutely hilarious if true, and judging by trademark BS, it's possible.

But I'm 100% sure there would be heavy beef between these companies if that was the case, so I think at some point, Capcom probably got the trademark.

Just now, Shakunetsu said:

What do you guys think about bonus damage during

1. counter hit

2. backstab or cross up hit

are they good in fighting game? similar to sf.

1 - Perfectly acceptable and honestly good. Makes even weak whiff punishes get a little extra sting.

2 - Now that's a bit trickier. Depends on the cross-up tool, I guess, and if the extra damage applies to only the first hit or if it's a modifier on the whole combo scaling system.

Just now, Volt said:

2 - Now that's a bit trickier. Depends on the cross-up tool, I guess, and if the extra damage applies to only the first hit or if it's a modifier on the whole combo scaling system.

Like the simple jumping normal 

1.) If it's just on initial hit not the rest

2.) The rest of the combo part of the initial hit

Which kinda okay between the two in your personal opinion?

4 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Like the simple jumping normal 

1.) If it's just on initial hit not the rest

2.) The rest of the combo part of the initial hit

Which kinda okay between the two in your personal opinion?

Really tough to say. 

Because while you don't really get a lot of damage out of most crossup normals (For example, SF jump heavies pretty much never cross up) you might have the occasional crossup special like what Leo got. That's when stuff can get wonky.

Better safe than sorry. Only the first hit.

54 minutes ago, Volt said:

Late af, but does this mean we don't get the fire remix of Goodbye Esaka that was on Kyo's trailer!?

KOF 14 had team/stage themes, separate character themes for the DLC, and some extra themes depending on who fights each other. An example.

This version of Geese’s theme would only play if you had Terry vs Geese. It’s possible that new version of Esaka is like that.

15 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

What do you guys think about bonus damage during

1. counter hit

2. backstab or cross up hit

are they good in fighting game? similar to sf.

1. It’s fine, though I will say in a game like Street Fighter it seems unnecessary. You already get extra frames on hit to do a bigger combo to do more damage. Making the initial hit do more damage is redundant while also typically being unimpactful. Counter-hit damage is basically a jabs worth until you’re slugging with an 100 damage move. 

2. Back stab damage is actually a pretty cool idea. It incentive targeting a certain area of the attacker without making any kind of huge changes to the gameplay. 

Just now, Vhozite said:

1. It’s fine, though I will say in a game like Street Fighter it seems unnecessary. You already get extra frames on hit to do a bigger combo to do more damage. Making the initial hit do more damage is redundant while also typically being unimpactful. Counter-hit damage is basically a jabs worth until you’re slugging with an 100 damage move. 

If you were to choose between the two about counter hit

Which is better bonus

1.)  extra frames for an opportunity for a bigger combo

2.) or simply just the initial with bonus damage

Same thing if for Backstab/CrossUp hit

which would be better?

Some of the old KOF games had something like "backstab damage" in that if you started a combo when they were backturned, usually after a bad roll or something you would get fucking heinous damage off that combo. I don't know that anyone wants to live in a world where you're getting one shotted for getting hit in certain positions. 👀

I think Cammy is really strong at certain ranks. Low rank she's obviously not that good because everyone is just mashing sweep and her low life means she dies quicker to random sweeps than Ryu does. When you reach a certain point where people start playing the game more properly but without using certain aspects too much (CH confirms, whiff punishes and whatnot) while also simultaneously not being 100% consistent with everything they do, then Cammy immediately jumps up on the tier list. Because everything Cammy does is really easy to pull off, there's less room for error than using, say, Dhalsim or Rose where a misplaced input can quickly get you killed. That situation remedies itself a bit the further you climb along the ladder because as soon as you reach a point where mastery of a character is kind of expected and everyone is using them to their full potential, the difference between a Cammy player and most others isn't as big anymore. But she'll always be on top because she does exactly what you need to do in this game to control the pace of a match with get consistent damage and some of the best AAs.

Also, that Rose tierlist from Pochoclo looks like a list made after another balance patch. I really don't see how she beats Karin or goes even against Rashid and Juri. Karin mauls her close-up, as does Rashid, and Juri can just remove all her fireballs from the game just by existing.