Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

Honestly, you could do forward strong all day and I have no answer for it.  Worst part is that if hits counter hit, you can do EX legs aftewards as a link.

this match up is hella dumb. I'm figuring out some stuff but you're basically mashing. I got no answer for most of her buttons.

speaking about hitboxes, 

What if a some kind of fighting game similar to sf, kof that are ground base have a gimmick with hitbox and hurtbox being visible by default in gameplay

is that a bad idea?

how does it change the way people play fighting games in your opinion?

thanks

7 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Yeah I was wondering about this. Her buttons shit all over Ryu and she’s is way faster than him to boot. Other than throwing hados outside her range I’m not sure what he’s supposed to do here. 

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

What matchup is this?

17 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

@Mr.Cipherhow far ahead of you in terms of EST (Toronto/New York)?

I’m pretty busy this weekend. I may be free at like 7-8pm my time, but I’m guessing that may be pretty late for you?

It's currently 2pm for me, well will be in 10 minutes. But it's Saturday anyway, so I'll be here all day, just hit me up when you want to/can play.

15 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

It's currently 2pm for me, well will be in 10 minutes. But it's Saturday anyway, so I'll be here all day, just hit me up when you want to/can play.

I figured you were at least 4 hrs ahead of me, didn’t realize it was 6, lol... My geography sucks and I’m half-German lol.

k, I’ll let you know when I have a better idea, but it seems like it would be around 2am your time. If you’re not up then, no worries at all, my old ass will be drooling on my pillow by 2am my time

Edited by Mattatsu
21 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Real talk I hate every motion in FGs that isn’t a simple quarter circle. 

I used to think that way, until I got a Hitbox. DP motion became my favourite motion once I got a Hitbox. It feels so satisfying to perform them. My only concern with playing Millia in Strive is that she doesn’t have a move with a DP input

4 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Chun v. Ryu.

Fuck that matchup with a rusty rake.

I got thoroughly cooked by like, 3 or 4 different SRK players back to back the last time I had to play vs her.

Ryu really has no answers, bitch got Dhalsim limbs.

1 hour ago, Volt said:

Fuck that matchup with a rusty rake.

I got thoroughly cooked by like, 3 or 4 different SRK players back to back the last time I had to play vs her.

Ryu really has no answers, bitch got Dhalsim limbs.

Lol her s.hk is basically a Dhalsim limb...CC and it hits far as fuck. Almost half screen range to check fireballs and stuff jumps before they happen lmao

Ah I see thanks. 

I hate SNK motions. The forward then back half circle, quarter circle to back half circle, and what other nonsense they use. I hate inputs that's difficult to do in a pitch. 

Yet another reason I was happy with SFIV Juri.   Lots of moves, all QCs, nothin' else.   No overlap problems either, believe it or not.  Even the ultras and super were QCs.  Armor-canceling was super easy unless you wanted to AC into a fireball/store. 

I was so happy the day I swapped out my stick's square gate for an octo gate. 

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

The forward then back half circle, quarter circle to back half circle

Muscle memory goes a long way when it comes to SNK games. I remember ending up doing a completely different move than what I intended when I first started playing them on emulators and such. 

At the same time, that's usually only reserved for desperation moves and such which in KOF, can pretty much decide the match if the super goes unblocked. The vast majority of special attacks are pretty easy to execute. 

Double tap moves have been in a lot of games, not just MK.  Plenty of games have had moves that are done out of a dash, so those are double tap moves by default.

There are also even instant charge moves in SFV, they're just gated behind uncommon situations like Alex VS2 or Chun's up kick target combo thing.

15 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Double tap moves have been in a lot of games, not just MK.  Plenty of games have had moves that are done out of a dash, so those are double tap moves by default.

There are also even instant charge moves in SFV, they're just gated behind uncommon situations like Alex VS2 or Chun's up kick target combo thing.

yup, I was thinking if they would be used for projectile inputs

41 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The z motion for charge supers is pretty shit. It was so goddamn hard to do Guile and Vega Ultras in SF4.

Lol those are the exact two characters I played in SF4.

I could somewhat do Guile’s motion because you could substitute the last up-forward position with an up back. So you could go from down back to down forward then just ride the gate around. With Vega  you had to be precise because iirc the direction you ended the motion would dictate the wall you jumped to (and subsequently if your attack hits). 

With both characters I usually just picked ultra 2, which was a much more manageable bfbf input.