Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

I use the analogue stick as well. Just thinking about rolling over the DS4 D-Pad for quarter circles makes my thumbs hurt. Analogue isn't ideal but it's closer to the classic stick movement and the lack of tactile direction feedback doesn't matter too much on my level of play.

I'm kind of intrigued by the new Xbox pad with its disc-D-Pad though. IIRC SFVI will be multiplatform again so maybe I'll get it on that system when the time comes.

Edited by delete_me

Back when I was thinking about getting a hitbox, or keep learning stick or whatever, I thought my ideal controller would be the eight 24mm buttons (to play like Hitbox) but with a D-pad on a handheld something or another for movement. Decided a Hitbox was probably the best compromise and now I prefer the four 24mm movement buttons more than a d-pad.

The only times where I don’t like the Hitbox button config for movement is in menus or non-FG, 2D games, like SOR4. It’s fine and I still prefer using a Hitbox over pad though, it just feels weird.

I do also like having a big controller in my lap. My hands are pretty big and I hated having to grip a controller for a while, though the PS5 controller is much more comfortable to me than the PS4 was (but I’ve heard its D-Pad sucks for FGs)

interesting that +R seems like it may be easier on stick though.

18 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

interesting that +R seems like it may be easier on stick though.

In fairness my noobness doesn't help. My movement would be fuckin' wack regardless of control method.

But there are things that I haven't really built up the HB muscle memory for like half circles - if you ever see HoS can-can dancing its me failing FB Fafnir. 

And stuff that would be a no brainer like SJs. Its actually really easy to do mechanically on a HB (SOCD scrubber helps out a lot) but its a very different motion that I still need to get used to and I definitely would be able to knock them out more consistently on stick. Little stuff like that.

1 hour ago, Mr.Cipher said:

The strong man is the one who keeps standing up, no matter how often you beat him down

30 Follower who didn't care in the first place is no lose.

My biggest fear was it would blow over into my actual career, but I took steps to pre-emptively come clean about what's going on as they noticed that I seemed way off that following morning having not gotten much sleep agonizing about how a year and a half's worth of hustle went down the tubes for just an analogy that hit the wrong crowd.  They assured me they trusted me and as long as I didn't have any links to where I work (which I don't) then all was well.  Once that was settled, I sorted out my feelings and yeah, reminded myself that I don't do this to be everyone's friend.  I'll be friendly and jovial because life's too short to be a wet blanket and everyone's got their own stuff they gotta deal with, but I got into this to push my limits for a passion that I have for buttons, and I carry over that determination and drive in everything I do.  

I didn't know there was a problem until later that evening, because when I concluded the tournament I felt like I was riding high.  People within the chat actually thought I was Yipes, and others who recognized me praised me for all of the work I had done over COVID supporting all these games with Arturo.  I left thinking that I would have any commentary spot I wished once live events returned.  Obviously I got a nasty wakeup call that while I've definitely climbed high, I'm not there yet.  But I think the fact that my apology or perceived lack thereof was met with more disdain than what I actually did has ensured I won't lose much ground in my ambition on that end.  If not I've got a ton of other projects I can work on like the TMNT x JL stuff I've been hammering away at.  I have done stuff within the FGC that I fantasized about as a kid growing up in the 90s, and that empowered me as I resolved to finetune where I still needed improvements. 

From now on, I'll remember I'm not trying to be everyone's friend.  I'm trying to be a trusted colleague of certain people who share and work spreading our mutual love of buttons.

And speaking of love of buttons, Punk is on a different level right now.  He's starting to dominate these things like SonicFox does with NRS events.  

15 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

From now on, I'll remember I'm not trying to be everyone's friend.  I'm trying to be a trusted colleague of certain people who share and work spreading our mutual love of buttons.

Don't be hard on yourself. From someone who was forced in sexual positions growing up from my timeline, I always thought that "raping someone" in fighting games was a bit cringe worthy, but people are capable of making their mistakes less. No one is perfect and the self-righteous need to take a long look at themselves.

45 minutes ago, GreatDarkHero said:

Screenshot_6.png

@SkortBitch slaps incoming: 

Poison Bitch Slaps Ryu
https://clips.twitch.tv/SilkyScrumptiousLocustDendiFace-X9JjyNDIVCJDySUO

Edited by GreatDarkHero

STREET FIGHTER V HUMAN RESOURCES AND BITCH SLAP DOCUMENTATION

Organization: MegaShock

Bitch Slaps Administrated by @Skort

Completion Signature: Poison

Date of Completion: May 12, 2021

https://clips.twitch.tv/SilkyPunchyGrasshopperArsonNoSexy-eGGYq19qP3fk9hSS

https://clips.twitch.tv/AgitatedSlipperyScorpionPrimeMe-52B7YfTaW5NRpoW3

Bitch Slap into Seven Gold Letters

https://clips.twitch.tv/ArtisticAbstemiousStorkCoolStoryBro-5zmG8FTK7mc49Kal

Edited by GreatDarkHero

The SFV HR and Megashock are going to have a ball with this one. 

Ken gets Bitch Slapped and Rage Quits. 

https://clips.twitch.tv/ToughTacitLampDancingBanana-He89rGrqceJVUvjZ

Not even GILL is immune to Bitch Slaps

https://clips.twitch.tv/WiseIgnorantButterflySquadGoals-Cm5ejFHzm7-9pJLn

Poison Fucks up Gill's prophecy

https://clips.twitch.tv/ModernKitschyRaisinTebowing-7mWZfHGRLEUTCfv2

Poison Fucks up Gill's twisted prophecy so more. 

https://clips.twitch.tv/CoyInnocentCodNononoCat-XfU5tFyW0AsN0TSo

Why did he do that??

https://clips.twitch.tv/AbnegateCuriousPheasantSMOrc-KYWwCSTSUGe9Hwlj

Poison Bitch Slaps Ryu

https://clips.twitch.tv/HyperGlutenFreeClipsmomSoonerLater-aSgl9tVHafvptkwa

@Skortsavin' the future with waifus

And, it continues

There is STILL more. 

Edited by GreatDarkHero
2 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

I laugh at anyone who thought it was Kasumi

The way the bombs are looks interesting. Reminds me of Kira on JoJo All Star Battle.

I'm consistently glad to see them adding old moves and normals back to characters after the culling of moves and normals that was XIII. Heart attack was a bit of a gimmick but the ex combo they showed with it was p cute.

Edited by Joke
11 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

I laugh at anyone who thought it was Kasumi

The way the bombs are looks interesting. Reminds me of Kira on JoJo All Star Battle.

Sticky bombs are always nice, especially since as the trailer showed, they can buy enough time for an extra charge.

She looks pretty good overall.

1 hour ago, Volt said:

They really made Megalomania a command grab. 🤣

It's even worse than when Balrog got one. 💀

There's two theories on what Megalomaia alludes to. Some say it's because of an album by a Russian band called Aria. I think the most popular take is that it is an allusion to Black Sabbath's song. Personally, I think it's an reference to Black Sabbath; the song is long and then there's three parts with the chorus, I think, that remind me of the 3 different patterns in I-no's Megalomania.

🤘

13 minutes ago, Volt said:

Bro, idgaf about that, I'll just be out there trying to not get hit! 🤣

You will if you if want to avoid getting hit. Sun Tzu said:

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.

So turn it up!!!!!!!!!! 🤘
7 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

You will if you if want to avoid getting hit. Sun Tzu said:

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.

So turn it up!!!!!!!!!! 🤘

That’s an awesome quote

23 hours ago, KingTubb said:

There's tons of reason's hitbox is better, including it being sturdier and easier to travel with. 

Something about hitbox does scream "dork" to me, and I think an arcade stick just looks cooler. 

But i've been a dork for so long, there's nothing that can save me at this point 

Hitbox is objectively the most efficient way to play most fighting games imo.

For one, it speeds up your inputs because a button has less distance to travel than a stick for inputs, and it makes things that might require some time in training mode with a stick (like iAd or Suija bubble cancels [stuff like really fast 626 7/8/9+Slash] way easier. The button layout makes it superior to pad for any games that require macros. And because a stick offers a greater range of motion than you really need, it's less efficient and you're more prone to execution mistakes. 

The only things I found harder on hitbox were 360/720s but those are made for sticks anyway, and I had trouble with tk motions, but I probably could have trained them and gotten them. 

I played on stick and pad for 10+ years each but after I got my hitbox in 2018, it's hard to go back, although I play on joycons a lot these days. I have a couple of nice sticks, and I use them for certain things (shmups for one) but I can't say it enough, once you start using the hitbox, it's like a night and day comparison to other controllers. Ymmv but it really made it possible for me to do a lot of things I couldn't without a degree of difficulty on stick. 

1 minute ago, DoctaMario said:

The only things I found harder on hitbox were 360

360's are actually a lot easier on hitbox imho. Amost every game only requires cardinal directions for a 360, and they usually don't even need to be in order. I just swipe l,d,r with one finger and press attack and up at the same time. Super easy and consistent. 

You can also do something like L,R,D, U+button. A guy at my locals does it this way cause it's faster for him

4 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

720s

These are nightmares for me. But I suck at 720's on stick too. I can really only do it on wake-up. I just swipe the direction buttons like a madman and mash up and attack 🤣

5 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I had trouble with tk motions, but I probably could have trained them and gotten them. 

TKs are about the same for me on stick and hitbox. TKs took less time to learn on stick, but once I got it down on hitbox, it was a lot more consistent. 

4 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

360's are actually a lot easier on hitbox imho. Amost every game only requires cardinal directions for a 360, and they usually don't even need to be in order. I just swipe l,d,r with one finger and press attack and up at the same time. Super easy and consistent. 

You can also do something like L,R,D, U+button. A guy at my locals does it this way cause it's faster for him

These are nightmares for me. But I suck at 720's on stick too. I can really only do it on wake-up. I just swipe the direction buttons like a madman and mash up and attack 🤣

TKs are about the same for me on stick and hitbox. TKs took less time to learn on stick, but once I got it down on hitbox, it was a lot more consistent. 

Huh, I'll have to try those 360 motions out. Outside of Hugo in 3s I don't really play a lot of characters that use them. As for the tk motions, I was doing 26(69) and would only hit them a portion of the time. Like 360s, they're a motion made for sticks and one of the few instances of something taking a bit more thought on hb at least for me.

33 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

It's good to see that SFxT is still going.

I'd rather had that game be the CPT highlight over SFIV or even V.

SFxT turns 10 years old next year, and the possibility that some kind of anniversary re-release or new game comes out is exactly why I'm biting my tongue as much as I can for all of the hypocrisy that was thrown my way during my commentary whoopsie, because I still believe that no one is better qualified to commentate that game than me and if I sit in timeout quietly, then when live events return I can discuss the possibility of returning and then make absolutely sure I hit it out of the ballpark.  

Art had this to say after I commentated a rather large SFxT event last summer.

https://clips.twitch.tv/CharmingHyperEagleMoreCowbell?fbclid=IwAR0-BDlKWHGS8C-5tq070UJvJuAbIGwDnnYeO79VRZV_sgzoElyp8IwR4Qo

And here is said large SFxT event from last summer:

8 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Granted, the vid maker is a weeb...

20190120171741_1.jpg

Big words coming from someone with a Strider Avatar.

FGC is like 90% weebs. Only a third of them will admit that they are tho.

Not that the original term has any more meaning since it's attempted to use as a meaningless insult anyway.

32 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Granted, the vid maker is a weeb...

1) Ingrid is trash PRECISELY because she is some dumb shit throwaway character. The only people who have a boner for her usually fall into the camp of "Look how original I am with my special snow flake character I want in" or  actually really that's who they are. Ingrid stans are basically people who want attention. She has a pseudo idol/magical girl look to her. People responding to her are responding more to the motiff than they are anything involving her.

2) "Capoera would never work in a fight" is a ridiculous statement.  A random person said that ish on SRK and did it intentionally missing the point of wtf Capoera is gonna do to you swinging the heaviest limb in your body with hella torque. Don't believe me? Here you go:

When a capoera guy swings a leg, you sure AF don't want to be anywhere near the end of it. Blocked or not, that nonsense is going to hurt something fierce.

3) Loli characters are a japanese trope. Is what it is. They can love it in japan, you're gonna find people who don't like it.

Sumo and Drunken Boxing is gonna clap some people too. This guy is walking around acting like the average joe knows wtf they are doing in a fistfight. I like this guy's vid, dude gotta slow his roll.

4) Usually when a character doesn't fit, its usually because it looks jarring in some way. It'll have a super specific thing to it that just looks odd compared to the others. I don't like Bedman or Ramlethal because they have visually odd things to them. Bedman is some goofball nailed to a bed and Ramlethal has the two big swords. You get a whole game full of people with somewhat plausible stuff, and then two GIANT swords.  Lucky Chloe is kinda on a similarish boat; I for sure hated Ivy's whip sword nonsense when she debut.

The Sakura argument is disingenuous. Sakura was kinda weird as a school girl, but the game played her up well. She was a fan of Ryu's who happened to have a lot of latent talent. She goes in goofy adventures with Dan and Blanka. She isn't trying to kill Akuma in hand to hand combat. She also isn't doing stuff that feels out of the ordinary in the game. There have also been a lot of newcomers who didn't cause issues. Nobody is crying that Laura doesn't fit (even if you don't like her playstyle), nobody is crying about the Twins, Dudley, Ed, Zeku, etc. There have been a lot of well received new comers that people didn't take much issue with. HURR DURR BUT WHAT ABOUT, nah, you're the dude with the channel analyzing shit. He could've done a video tryign to explain why these characters in particular got singled out rather than take some goofy nerd high road.

Dude is really coming across like a cunt in this vid.

Also Twelve sucks. Dude looks stupid, plays even stupider and should stay in a trash can.

P.S. We've been looking at Oro's dick for 20+ years, FOH with Ingrid's trash design. She is wack, her brother is wack and her game got canceled for a reason. Don't ask why we don't like Ingrid, try and find out why we would rather look at an old balled brazilian's cock hang out rather than her wack self.

Edited by Sonero