Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

2 hours ago, Vhozite said:

I don’t hate SF4 like the other guys here but “SFV is also bad bc XYZ” does not make SF4 a good game. 

They gave valid reasons why they think the game is trash. Not sure why you’re trying to die on this hill since it’s all just opinions.

Edit: For me no prox normals, no 1f links, and crossplay are enough for me to never go back to SF4. That said I can’t see myself going back to 4 or 5 in the future.

Damn I forgot how much I don't like proximity normals until I read your post. Let me pick my own normals.

3 minutes ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

Anybody playing VF on PS4? I’m not sure if I want to download it when I get home but I might mash with Vanessa or the Japanese gril. I know you niggas are gonna be like “HUUUUR MUH SARAH BRYANT” no fuck you just because a character is blond doesn’t mean I’ll play them!!!!!

Yeah, I'm gonna download it but keep away from Aoi!

3 minutes ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

Anybody playing VF on PS4? I’m not sure if I want to download it when I get home but I might mash with Vanessa or the Japanese gril. I know you niggas are gonna be like “HUUUUR MUH SARAH BRYANT” no fuck you just because a character is blond doesn’t mean I’ll play them!!!!!

Be aware that Vanessa is a stance character in VF5. They changed her fighting style completely between 4 and 5. She was Vale Tudor fighter in 4 IIRC

7 hours ago, delete_me said:

I haven't played SFIV since SFV came out but one thing I prefer (going by memory) is that it just felt a lot more snappy. I never bothered checking the frame data of this stuff but block and hitstun felt shorter in that game which made interactions feel more responsive. It was also easier to quickly react with a crouching heavy as an AA and I just preferred the overall movement of characters in that game. But that's just a preference thing. For example, 5 minutes into the Strive beta, I knew for sure I'd never play that game due to how movement works.

Also, I wish my Pad didn't commit suicide a week ago, I'd really like to check out VF5 and see if I can remember more than three moves with Aoi. Not surprised the netcode is solid. People look at rollback like the holy grail of things but if you're sitting in Europe like me and everyone is close together anyway, the classic delay stuff can work just fine. The main problem here is just wifi I think, because back when consoles didn't have in-built wifi, delay-based FG didn't feel randomly bad from one match to the next. 

nigga I seriously read pad as dad and I was like “how the fuck do you just slip that in there with the rest of that shit the fuck?!?!”

LMAO I need some coffee 

4 minutes ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

I know Tubb was angling to go pretty hard into VF5FS. I think he was still out getting his full back tattoo of the cast so not sure when he'll be ready to play.

I'll download it - the price is right - and if it lines up I'll happily mash away with Lion at some point. 

12 hours ago, Sonero said:

tedious as hell and demanding. 

There's a difference between tedious and demanding. GG+R is demanding, you can do ok without really studying but, but if you choose to, you get rewarded for putting in the time. SF4 1f links are what you said, tedious, and I don't like it when a game assumes I have nothing better to do than play it. Tedious is indicative of bad design. 

I will give you that there are a lot of meter options and that at high levels there were a lot of characters represented, and that was cool, especially after Third Strike, I just wish they'd put a little more time and thought into the design of it. I generally get the impression that a well designed Capcom fighter is more of a happy accident than anything else, especially when you look at the history of their releases. 

Edited by DoctaMario
9 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Not going to change the fact that I don't like SFIV.

The point is you said the game was trash. There's a big difference between a game being bad and a game not being to your liking.

You haven't really described a reason why the game is bad. So far its you didn't like how focus attack worked. That's fine, they weren't great for all characters. But SF5 been doing more hohum nonsense with their v-skills than SF4 did with Focus Attack.

2 hours ago, Vhozite said:

I don’t hate SF4 like the other guys here but “SFV is also bad bc XYZ” does not make SF4 a good game. 

They gave valid reasons why they think the game is trash. Not sure why you’re trying to die on this hill since it’s all just opinions.

Because if you say a game is made badly because it does one thing, and say another game is good but it does the same thing in worse ways, you don't have a leg to stand on.  That ish does not make sense. Getting mad at wake up ultras when they were getting baited 8 months into vanilla? That makes no sense either.

The complaints in this thread about SF4 have been legitimately scrubbier than anything I said about NRS games. I gave actual examples as to why the game is wack, then went back to watch some games and gave examples from actual matches. By comparison people SF4 criticisms here are 10 levels of wack.

Suspect all around,

🧐

13 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

I know Tubb was angling to go pretty hard into VF5FS. I think he was still out getting his full back tattoo of the cast so not sure when he'll be ready to play.

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

No joke, I'm getting an ultimo dragon tat in a few weeks and he kind looks like El Blaze, so you aren't far off. 

Gonna jump on this evening and try to learn Goh

12 minutes ago, Sonero said:

The complaints in this thread about SF4 have been legitimately scrubbier than anything I said about NRS games. I gave actual examples as to why the game is wack, then went back to watch some games and gave examples from actual matches. By comparison people SF4 criticisms here are 10 levels of wack.

Suspect all around,

🧐

I had a debate/argument with a top ST player I won't name about SF4 that went along these similar lines. He did exactly what you're doing right now, which is tap dance around any legitimate criticism of the game and tell me I was scrubby and didn't know what I was talking about rather than actually address the points I made.

You sounding like Zatalcon in here 😂

Edited by DoctaMario
13 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Was it a former EVO top 8 participant ??

Darksydephil memes. Best Collection of funny darksydephil pictures on iFunny

😂😂😂 No, but it was a guy who is a great player and generally a good dude, but he went full retard when SF4 criticisms were brought up lol

Edit: actually he probably was a Top 8 Evo player at some point but it wasn't DSP lol

Edited by DoctaMario
1 hour ago, Sonero said:

The point is you said the game was trash. There's a big difference between a game being bad and a game not being to your liking.

You haven't really described a reason why the game is bad. So far its you didn't like how focus attack worked. That's fine, they weren't great for all characters. But SF5 been doing more hohum nonsense with their v-skills than SF4 did with Focus Attack.

Because if you say a game is made badly because it does one thing, and say another game is good but it does the same thing in worse ways, you don't have a leg to stand on.  That ish does not make sense. Getting mad at wake up ultras when they were getting baited 8 months into vanilla? That makes no sense either.

Suspect all around,

🧐

Have another thumbs down saying that shit about VT in comparison to Focus you heathen!!!!!

2 hours ago, GetTheTables said:

I'll download it - the price is right - and if it lines up I'll happily mash away with Lion at some point. 

Well it's included in PS+ until August and since you need Plus to play online there's really no reason to buy it. Even if you don't continually subscribe to Plus you can just put it in your library and regain access once you renew the membership.

2 hours ago, GetTheTables said:

7 minutes ago, delete_me said:

Well it's included in PS+ until August and since you need Plus to play online there's really no reason to buy it. Even if you don't continually subscribe to Plus you can just put it in your library and regain access once you renew the membership.

My point exactly. 😁

3 hours ago, Reticently said:

I remember being in the arcades as a kid, very occasionally trying out a Virtua Fighter game, and always quickly coming to the conclusion that I did not have enough money to learn how to play the game, lol.

Similar. I remember jumping for the first time, which instantly killed me, and thinking "well why tf didn't they just make Up a sidestep then??"

1 minute ago, Skort said:

Kinda random but this is a forest scenario i tried to create in Blender some time ago. I wanted to go for a  dead / creepy forest scene. Obviously still needs work but i aim to improve my skills further 🙂

Forest-test-1.jpg

Forest-test-2.jpg

Forest-test-3.jpg

Dude that’s awesome!

I know MKX isn’t a high animation bar, but I instantly thought of that winter forest stage and this is so much better. Good job!

6 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Dude that’s awesome!

I know MKX isn’t a high animation bar, but I instantly thought of that winter forest stage and this is so much better. Good job!

Thanks a bunch for the support ! I know the stage you are talking about !   Mine is not better 😛  but who knows in a year's time what i accomplish , especially since i've been spending a lot of time in Unreal Engine  SDK.  

I still have my goals, one of them is leaning software good enough that i will be able to make mods by the time Street Fighter 6 launches.

36 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

For whoever is wondering how to do the last evasion tutorial. I don't even understand the utility of it 🤷‍♂️

I needed this although I'm not entirely clear on it either.  It seems maybe the last few evades are option selects since they cover throws and block as well. But I'm dumb so 🤷

27 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

I needed this although I'm not entirely clear on it either.  It seems maybe the last few evades are option selects since they cover throws and block as well. But I'm dumb so 🤷

Something about closing space after getting hit something something. But I don't understand why (dashing forward after being hit?) or if that's the real purpose. Who's the Virtua Fighter OG here?

Edited by AriesWarlock
7 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

What the fuck is wrong with you? Seriously what is your damage? This exchange is completely unnecessary. 

You're in a fighting game forum that is an offshoot of a second fighting game forum. In it, you said a game was trash, you were asked why and I explained how your opinion on stuff didn't actually pan out how you said it did. Would you rather I'd left a long ass reply on the Penthouse Forum Letter section? 

That's literally  half the point of having dedicated places to discuss games. You said something, I wrote a long post about why it wasn't the case, and then the NRS Defense Force showed up to put some thumbs down on stuff.

7 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I had a debate/argument with a top ST player I won't name about SF4 that went along these similar lines. He did exactly what you're doing right now, which is tap dance around any legitimate criticism of the game and tell me I was scrubby and didn't know what I was talking about rather than actually address the points I made.

Your fairly new to this general but I've gone in plenty of times the bad parts of SF4. Like I did with NRS, I brought actual receipts on how some stuff was bad and lead to bad gameplay. Getting hit with wake up super isn't exactly a reason why the whole game turned to ass. Even more so when you consider that as the game developed, people weren't as willing to gamble away their big damage explosion on a possible reversal. Saying wake up Ultra ruins the whole game is like saying wake up supers in SF5 ruins the whole game (and I play one of the better characters to do reversal supers with and it still isn't that big of an issue). But yeah, getting popped by an ultra isn't really saying the game is bad one way or the other. CoolKid blew up Tokido with 3 wake up supers.  That's some shit happens stuff.

Either way, I've been plenty vocal about all the wack stuff about all SF games at one point or another. Hell I shat on SF5 in real time.  But I don't make up reasons why things are shitty. I love ST, but SF2 is the first game and they tried to develop these brand new things the best they could. Nobody is gonna try and cosign Vega's Hyubal nonsense, Chun's st.mp throw doing piledriver damage or whatever combination of steroids and cocaine that they put Balrog on. its fun and playable and solid in a bunch of places, but some stuff didn't work out.

But if y'all are gonna shit on SF4, and I've talked about the actual bad things it did multiple times, its gotta be something better than I got hit by a wake up ultra and/or "well super should deal more damage" when there were a lot of super interesting things going on with meter and the versatility of supers in a lot of match ups.

🧐

🤏

@Sonero My dude. You need help. Seriously. You trying to gin up drama on and old game that people's opinions have been set on for years. You literally trying my patience. I think SFIV is trash. You don't like that opinion, then the issue is with you. Get over yourself. You are not God. Your opinion isn't law. If someone would came at you the way you came at me, you would have lost your damned mind by now. Drop it already. I have my limits.