Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

Just now, Hawkingbird said:

image0.jpg

Yuyu is so popular here in my country next to Voltez V and Daimos, It even beat Dragon ball in popular in the 90s

It was renamed here as Ghost Fighter 

they even made a remix tapes of yuyu intro OST with SF2 sounds in the 90's

I found some on YT

In the late 90s and early 2ks,  it was re-run by another TV station that they even made a promotional commercial like it's a Fighting Game

It's like Toonami but more Anime timeslot

7 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Isn't part of the deal that sometimes the voice actors end up having to cosplay the characters at events? Or did I make that up?

Oooh, that's a WHOLE other issue that's a problem. Generally you don't need to look an particular way to play a character, hence the old phrase "You have a face for radio."  But sneakily, lately, some powers that be want to cast people who "look" like characters for some free marketing (usually the female ones, but not the dudes) It's not really an "official" requirement, but some folks are quietly pushing that. Also there's cases where the marketing monster rears it's ugly head and they'll want VOs with huge twitter followings before even signing the ink on paper. Lots of folks are generally cool, but lately as things evolve, there's some junk popping up that's not so great.

14 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Gill is definitely wack af for a boss character. Dude looks some impressive at a glance but in gameplay he is so plain. 

I guess that was their intention. His moves aren't particularly impressive in terms of mechanics. He had the fundamentals down in SF3 and that's all he ever needed.

Gill: "I find your lack of faith quite intrusive." 

gil.png?h=abc6ccf567cdfed23b5b3c4c95bbdf

But, let's be real here. I'm not *that* big of a fan of Gill either. Does he ever actually get any sort of retribution for his own nonsensical activities? It *is* common knowledge that he got roasted by Gouki at some point. But, Gill just used Resurrection. Granted, I do prefer villains being roughly as strong as the protagonist or even several steps ahead (for narrative storytelling value and good writing) but come on... 

23 minutes ago, GreatDarkHero said:

Does he ever actually get any sort of retribution for his own nonsensical activities?

His story wasn't finished. He just keeps getting away with everything. If SF6 continues off 3S then he may finally get his comeuppance. 

Besides, Gill himself was just a over glorified tech demo, I said this before in the old SRK. Now that the series has jumped to 3D, he does not have much novelty. Even then, he's pretty boring and can't hold a candle to Bison or even Urien ironically. 

5 minutes ago, N-Tactix said:

His story wasn't finished. He just keeps getting away with everything. If SF6 continues off 3S then he may finally get his comeuppance. 

Besides, Gill himself was just a over glorified tech demo, I said this before in the old SRK. Now that the series has jumped to 3D, he does not have much novelty. Even then, he's pretty boring and can't hold a candle to Bison or even Urien ironically. 

A sentiment that I strongly agree with. 

From both the mechanical and the narrative perspective. Hopefully, this will ring true. 

Aaaand, speaking of Bison, I just ran into another one as I typed this line. 

He's somewhat irritating to fight as Rose. I at least recorded the match.

I don't necessary see Gill and Urien being as evil like the others.

Urien in SFV Gill's storymode is someone trying to reach him, that felt betrayed compare to Urien that is really a traitor in SF3 that is doing something against Gill's back

While Gill in his individual storymode in SFV was more of him being in doubt and just doing things for the sake of the secret society and not something he himself believed into.

They are also brainwashed and indoctrinated individuals that are raise and groomed in an isolated community were a cult are leading. So they more receptive to manipulation than being those that are kidnap. 

Secret Society is the dominant there not Gill and Urien.  They had some sort of OATH of Allegiance that Urien caught Kolin.

Edited by Shakunetsu