Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

19 minutes ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

@misterBee this is a first world problem but I see that on mobile I when I click on the thread it always takes me back to the OP. I’m sure this place will keep improving over time but I figure I might as well mention it. I don’t think this is an issue on desktop though. 

Since there is a new software update coming I'm gonna suggest you wait for the update to drop later this week.  If this is still an issue with the new version I will look into it.

For now you have two options:

• On mobile it will show the latest poster's avatar and a time stamp ("7 min" for example) underneath.  Click that timestamp and it will go straight to the latest post.
  • Click the button for the latest page instead of the thread title. 
7 minutes ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

this is a first world problem but I see that on mobile I when I click on the thread it always takes me back to the OP.

You got too used to Discourse/Discord. 🤣
Normal forums are like this lmao.

What I can suggest is leaving the tab open on mobile so you'll at least go back to the post you left. Makes it easier to catch up.

I feel Chun-Li is the most well designed character in SFV. Not the strongest, but a good representation of what a character should be. Karin is another one.

VTs that are good without being overbearing. Good but not degenerate EX moves. Simple SFV combos but also hard versions that reward you with better damage/oki if you practice, but they aren’t mandatory to play her competently. 

She is good, but I never fight or use her and think something she does is unfair. 

Edited by Vhozite
1 minute ago, Volt said:

Gonna have to disagree on that because lol Tenko. It really makes sense tho.

JFT is a Karin thing, and while I’d say it’s more necessary than Chun SBK I feel like Karin can still do some Karin things without it. Like I’m pretty sure there are other things she can one but confirm into of cr.mk, and lights combo into her kick specials iirc

like yeah you gotta learn it, but it’s not “learn this day 1 or never go online”.

@Vhozite‘s post about SFV Chun almost makes me want to play it again. I really did love labbing and playing her, even though I struggled with that MK SBK combo.

The netcode still pisses me off though. Flack0 and I had great games (but he lives in Toronto as well IIRC)  but the netcode was acting up against Darc. Then I played Tubb who I play with almost every week in some game or another without ever having issues and the game completely shit itself. 

If I had a decent PC, I’d definitely keep playing it, but it seems to run terribly on a PS4.

Edited by Mattatsu
1 minute ago, Mattatsu said:

@Vhozite‘s post about SFV Chun almost makes me want to play it again. I really did love labbing and playing her, even though I struggled with that MK SBK combo.

The netcode still pisses me off though. Flack0 and I had great games (but he lives in Toronto as well IIRC)  but the netcode was acting up against Darc. Then I played Tubb who I play with almost every week in some game or another without ever having issues and the game completely shit itself. 

Yeah, it's a recurring thing with me too.

Hell, I got the itch to play it right now, but then I remember the netcode...

I really enjoy all the charge characters in SFV. I always used to play Bison in every SF, but it's been a ton of fun learning this game with Urien. For all intents and purposes he's become my main in both this and Third Strike. 

So far, I have the most fun with him, Seth, and maybe Guile or something. Guile seems awesome. It's been fun trying everyone out over the last few months. I'm playing this game now in 4 months more than I've ever played it since 2015. I just find it to be such a funner product than when it launched. 

Edited by M A R T I A N
5 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

Me personally is guile game plan is super simple Chuck booms and flash kick whenever someone's feet leave the ground. 

He's got the loops if you wanna style on somebody and can rush down if necessary

I would agree with 100% pre-CE. But his new jumping boom feels way outta pocket to me. It’s basically a dive kick with a dollar store mustache as a disguise. 

I like the idea but I think it’s out of place on Guile. 

Don’t like it on Laura either for similar reasons. It clashes with what the character is supposed to be doing.

Edited by Vhozite
2 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

I should try it out because nobody ever uses it or her vt2 

I actually tried both. Of course, being me, stuff obviously didn't work out. 🤣

I really like how you can combo into it out of her TCs tho. Gotta take a look at her frame data later, I'm sure you get *something* out of it.

8 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

I can't argue with that logic. 

I haven't even used lauras vs2 outside of when the update dropped. Something about it seems janky to me. 

I should try it out because nobody ever uses it or her vt2 

It’s strange because it really changes how she plays. No overhead, no dash cancels from buttons, and it diminishes the mix in VT1. 

The trade off to me is that is seems to give her a bit more neutral presence. It gives her jank zankuu hado, except even bad versions of that move will always be good lol. Don’t remember how good the kick special from it is. Pretty sure VS2 in general leads to some higher damage combos.

It’s good, but Laura is designed around VS1. You lose too much by not picking it.

Edited by Vhozite

Started my account here over 2 years ago and it's still sexier than that other monstrosity many of us just left. Only regret is that I didn't post here sooner. Sup y'all?

In other news, I decided to get the scourge of crack on that deep discount, MCU vs Capcom: Dead on Arrival. 

Negro edit: @Volt I think that's the first WTF I've ever seen here lolol 

Edited by ToreyBeans