Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

45 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Volta? He was in there a decent amount.

Hecatom? Some people have different names, so I can't tell. Also, is there a way to choose you level icon after you hit max level here? Yamazaki is cool as hell and I would say that it's a shame that guy is only level 4 

I’ve seen Hecatom recently and @Volta has an account.

Edit: just checked and Volta hasn’t been here for two years.

Edit 2: I went back to SRK to tag some of the people mentioned above that didn’t seem to be tagged by anyone else.

Edited by Mattatsu
1 hour ago, Mattatsu said:

Honestly if the netcode at least functioned, I’d still play it, but it’s way too unreliable (on a PS4 anyway, not sure about PC) for me to want to play it more than anything else I could play.

But the Netcode is flawless and perfect, according to the Steam Forums, if you have problems with it, the problems are with you, not the Netcode.

Here take two Juri Costumes and Dan.

1 minute ago, Mattatsu said:

Despite what I said, I don’t know about tonight. I’m really busy at work and tired. Not sure if I’ll be up for it. Also, would we be playing on 30A? Because honestly, it plays 3S much better for me.

I don't mind either, because FC2 has kind of regressed to 30th level anyway. It's up to you whenever you wanna tussle then, I'm free most days after school.

1 minute ago, Sonero said:

How hard can we shill this place?

Maybe we can just modernize the way we pass on FG info while here. Not trying to drop too much stuff on misterBee per say. But maybe slowly build up a repositoree of information. Cut the shaff and keep the good info.

That's up to the niche. Apparently zoomers don't like forums, so SRK was already way out of the comfort zone bubble for kids. This is even nicher, but I hope we can spread it more.

2 minutes ago, Sonero said:

How hard can we shill this place?

Maybe we can just modernize the way we pass on FG info while here. Not trying to drop too much stuff on misterBee per say. But maybe slowly build up a repositoree of information. Cut the shaff and keep the good info.

I'd suggest proper character discussion sub-forums for major games, like the old SRK had. Realistically, that would only apply to SF6, as sub-forums for other games are usually a wasteland.

9 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

@misterBee have you considered opening a Patreon? I feel like up to $5 a month from users would go a long way to help.

I don't feel right taking money just yet.

I want to get all the basic functionality perfect first, and then maybe once I start expanding into more complicated features like blogs/wikis/etc. I can look into donations.  It's great to have you all here but it was really unexpected and came at a weird time LOL.  Now I'm scrambling a little to make sure everything works smoothly.

In other news the new theme is almost done.  I could launch it tonight but I haven't done the dark mode yet and I know some of you vampires need that shit. 🙃

9 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Well...that'll be up to us.

I dont think forums are niche, just unknown. This is kind of a fresh start.

So let's spread the word and see what the public thinks, eh? 

7 minutes ago, misterBee said:

I don't feel right taking money just yet.

I want to get all the basic functionality perfect first, and then maybe once I start expanding into more complicated features like blogs/wikis/etc. I can look into donations.  It's great to have you all here but it was really unexpected and came at a weird time LOL.  Now I'm scrambling a little to make sure everything works smoothly.

In other news the new theme is almost done.  I could launch it tonight but I haven't done the dark mode yet and I know some of you vampires need that shit. 🙃

Dude, money is money. Some people won't care how you feel, they'll want to pay you anyway to incentivize action to make their experience on the site better, and also to thank you for helping. I can also say with authority that we'd feel bad to put you in a financially unstable situation just so you can pay to support the site at no benefit to yourself. Let us help ASAP.

2 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

I keep considering playing MK...

It just looks like booty. Like visually. I know a lot of people dig it, but I'm just not into the art direction 🤷‍♀️

I treated MK like the plague for many years because they looked and felt bad.  I could never handle playing MK9 or MK10 for more than 10 minutes.

MK11 is the first MK game I put real time into.  The animation is still terrible, but the overall graphics are great and the movement/overall feel is greatly improved.  I'd at least give it a shot.

37 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

I keep considering playing MK...

It just looks like booty. Like visually. I know a lot of people dig it, but I'm just not into the art direction 🤷‍♀️

I hadn't played MK seriously since 4 and I like MK11. There are definitely some things wrong with it, but I get the feeling that Boon really tries his best to make every iteration better than the previous one. Unlike the developers of another certain major fighting game series.

On 10/5/2020 at 2:30 PM, Volt said:

Btw, anyone knows if we can directly upload pics here? It's going to be kind of a pain to have to upload them somewhere else before posting them here.

Late here, but I just abuse Discord as my image host. I made my own server, with just me in. Paste the images there, then get the URL. Though I'm old and use a desktop 90% of the time, will prob be an arse on a phone, but that's an option.

Edited by JustBrowsing
clarity